Forum › Posts by BV

joined Oct 22, 2018

giggles quietly in the distance

joined Oct 22, 2018

Now that I actually finished the episode, it's time for me to leave my funnybusiness aside for a while and ACTUALLY talk about the episode. Now, I must say, the part where Miyako answered Sayaka's question on whether she was in a relationship with Riko, the silence between the question and the answer was considerably longer than what I imagined in my head reading the manga. I also like how, in the anime, they use these visuals to kinda metaphorically show the psyche of the characters in certain situations. For this episode, we saw this in the scene that showed how Touko is viewed: her and Sayaka's friendship; herself. Still, just like how I repeated in my comments about the previous episodes, I just love how they stick to the manga so much. All-in-all, a good and enjoyable episode. Also, it must be noted that Sayaka is just the perfect character for me to get an internal conflict within myself: she's the best character, and I feel sorry for her unrequited love, but I simply can't support her because of that whole thing between Yuu and Touko.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Finished the first half of the season (lol)

joined Oct 22, 2018

I'ma watch the episode now, but I'm gonna execute that dumb idea of mine, just for shits and giggles... So, sorry in advance...

last edited at Nov 16, 2018 2:29PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

Wait, how come the episode is already out? Isn't it supposed to be up on the Internet around (what is for timezone UTC+1) 19h?

joined Oct 22, 2018

this thread is dead

No u

joined Oct 22, 2018

Stan lee is dead

Rest in peace

I just watched some memes made in his honour. RIP Stan Lee. Excelsior.

BV
Citrus discussion 15 Nov 15:49
joined Oct 22, 2018

I know I'm woefully late to the party, but this special was so cute and happy and Citrus-y, that I could just barely handle it. And then I read some comments of y'all, and some of them made me laugh more than the Q&A at the beginning of the special. Also, since Harumi cought one of the bouquets, I'm willing to bet that we may finally see HaruMatsu becoming canon.

I wonder if Citrus Plus will be more about the "future" or after marriage or if it's going to be focusing on other characters.

Why not all three?

joined Oct 22, 2018

Oh, yeah, right, the next episode is tomorrow...
abruptly stops
smiles in a way reminiscent of inspector "Crazy Eyes" Draifus from "Pink Panter"
Wait a minute...
chukles
I got reminded of that dumb idea of mine from yesterday.

EDIT: To be honest, by this point, I actually HOPE timezone difference is the reason why I'm not getting replies, cuz I'd really be mad (mostly at myself, but, to a lesser extent, y'all too) if it's the case that you read my comment, roll your eyes, forget about it and then wait until the next day to start a new sub-topic.

last edited at Nov 15, 2018 3:55PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

If anyone of y'all likes horror, I think I have just about the perfect piece of Slavic (more specifically, Czech) mythology and folklore for you...
It's called "The legend of the pit of Houska castle".

joined Oct 22, 2018

Holy. Shit. How the fuck have I forgotten that page? ... It's perfect for a season 1 ending. Now, let's see if the pacing of the anime actually allows for that scene to be the final of season 1 (likely, but not guaranteed).

EDIT: I was just reading pages 150 - 155 of this thread, because I knew I'd find something funny there.

EDIT: Also, whispers the following a certain spelling error on the main page is still causing one part of me to laugh and the other one to be frustrated.

last edited at Nov 14, 2018 4:28PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

Considering that our guesses right now are just that - guesses, I'm not gonna (wholeheartedly) agree or disagree with anything (including the thing that I'm about to say). Considering how the anime was done thus far, the chances of skipping some events seems highly unlikely, and, as a result, I can't really seeing getting even to the point when Yuu and Koyomi (correct me if I misremembered her name) decided to revise the script for the play. But, we can only wait and see what happens with the anime, as all of us are just rambling at this point.

last edited at Nov 14, 2018 9:45AM

BV
Image Comments 14 Nov 08:42
joined Oct 22, 2018
Dqbit-7u4aatdbe-orig

This is so sweet.

BV
Image Comments 14 Nov 08:41
joined Oct 22, 2018
Drukcbgu4aa9aeu-orig

@pogotun
@Bowser Wowser
Are you trying to make me die of laughter?

last edited at Nov 14, 2018 1:51PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

BTW, just now I went to see something on the main page for Bloom Into You here at Dynasty Reader, and said: "Hmm... I wonder if there are some- YES, TWO NEW PICTURES!".

joined Oct 22, 2018

Typically they greenlight a season and then see how that does. If it gets good numbers, they might offer another season, but it isn't a sure thing. As such, the writers tend to plan the first season so that it has a satisfying ending even if they don't have another season.

The writers, working with Nakatani-sensei, have almost certainly structured the season on the assumption that this is their one shot. Incidental plot elements and side arcs are likely to have been cut down. I doubt we'll get, say, the bit where Koyomi goes to meet her favorite author. Some things will be cut, other bits might be expanded or changed. And that's good! An anime is digested differently from a manga. It shouldn't be scene for scene.

If we cut the plot points down to a bare minimum up to the play we got:
-Sports Festival
-Training Camp
-Summer break date
-Changing the play's script
-The play itself

If you say any of these can be cut out, you are wrong. At least if we want to keep the integrity of the source material up.
I dunno where everyone got the idea that this will be 13 episodes even though it was announced as 12, so I'll stick with the more pessimistic number for now.

We are on episode 6. Halfway done. If we had to spread those most important plot points over the remainder it would have to go something like this:
Ep.7: Sports Festival
Ep.8: Preparation for the training camp/miscallaneous stuff
Ep.9: Training Camp
Ep.10: Summer break and date
Ep.11: Yuu changing the script with Koyomi/Akari getting rejected for good (they set her character arc up so I doubt it will be ignored)
Ep.12: Somehow stuffing the entire play into one episode

This is ridiculously tight and cuts out a lot of stuff I'd like to see (Yuu vs. Sayaka confrontation, the rain chapter and Sayaka's side-quest with cafe owner and Riko-sensei), but it isn't terribly rushed. Some things like Sayaka's past or Koyomi's author date can be added in a potential second season or OVA without any connection to the timeline.

I just think that cramming it all into season 1 reduces the chances for a second season significantly. I'm one of those people who doesn't mind an open ending if the source material is there to finish it. I'd rather have a well paced and accurate first half than a crammed whole.

Touko: “If I love her the way she is now, then it means I would stop feeling that way if she ever changed. Right?”

Answer: Wrong, shithead. It doesn’t mean that in the least. Sure, she might change in such a way that you would love her less, but she might also change so that you loved her the same amount or (get this) even more.

For such a smart person, Touko, you’re really kind of an idiot.

[Sorry, just watched episode 6. Touko didn’t seem scary or sinister to me (despite the setting of The Railroad Crossing and Nearby Culvert of the Apoclypse).

She just seemed like kind of an idiot.]

That's the thing with insecurities and mental afflictions... they aren't reasonable.

It's less that she was scary and more totally detached and lost all of her sympathetic appearance, something we never saw before to that point. It's more about being uncomfortable and foreboding for the future of the story.

I'd be surprised if anyone could've said it better than you already have.

joined Oct 22, 2018

I think I have a very dumb idea. barely contains laughter
And don't worry, it is actually something related to YagaKimi (albeit tenuously). manages to stop himself from laughing
But I won't be telling the idea, unless at least one of you is intrested in it.

Sigh What is it BV?

Well, the next episode is episode 7, right? And season 1 is supposed to have 13 episodes, ain't it? So, if we were to watch the first half of the episode, we could boast around how we watched half the season, and then continue watching the episode to the end to actually properly have a discussion about the episode. For me, the release of the next episode might be more special than to y'all, as it could serve well as a (one day too early) birthday present of sorts. But hey, it's only a dumb idea at this point.

joined Oct 22, 2018

I think I have a very dumb idea. barely contains laughter
And don't worry, it is actually something related to YagaKimi (albeit tenuously). manages to stop himself from laughing
But I won't be telling the idea, unless at least one of you is intrested in it.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Meanwhile, in today's episode of "I did not see that coming...":
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sweet_blue_flowers_ch52#20

joined Oct 22, 2018

Stan lee is dead

Rest in peace

The name somehow sounds familiar, but I fail to remember from where.
But why let a lack of knowledge get in your way of a good paying of respects.
F.

joined Oct 22, 2018

When I read the introduction to chapter 50, I said: "Are you fucking kidding me?!". I was pretty damn frustrated.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Alright, I'm currently reading this manga (believe it or not for the first time), but that last bit of chapter 34, it made me copy the CBR a little bit. My comment to that literally was: "Meanwhile, in today's episode of "I did not see that coming"...!".

joined Oct 22, 2018

Some Lord of the Underworld yuri for you all.

Amusing that they use the name "Hades", when the actual myth uses "Pluto" instead. In fact, from what I gather the story is Pluto's primary myth under that name.

The name Pluto is the Latin version of Plouton (Πλούτων) which was a common title that Hades also had. Later Plouton became more common since "Hades" started to refer to the entirety of the underworld, but Hades was still the earlier name. I personally use Pluto for the Roman god and Hades for the Greek god (which seems to be more common for most people).

About the last sentence: same goes for me.
EDIT: Thank you everybody, I always love to learn new things ^.^

last edited at Nov 12, 2018 2:30PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

Plutonic love simply means love without sex.

Plutonic love is when she loves you even though you're no longer a planet.

No,you got it wrong, It's a love of cartoon dogs.

What are you saying about love for THE LORD OF THE UNDERWORLD, mortal?

I'm more of a Venus lover myself.

LMAO, I can't even choose a favourite one xD
EDIT: I meant it for those posts given.

last edited at Nov 12, 2018 3:27AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

I’ve seen a lot of talk in queer spaces in recent years about decoupling romantic attraction and sexual attraction. So you can have different responses on each axis. A lot of it has been in the context of asexuals who nevertheless have romantic relationships which don’t involve sex but do include the things we’d expect from romance, but it applies to others as well.

For instance, I currently identify as a biromantic lesbian, since I certainly could (and have) feel romantic attraction to male-identified folks, I’m not actually interested in fucking one. From what I’ve seen it’s a pretty useful distinction.

What is romantic attraction, without sexual desire? An urge to be with them all of the time? Being soothed by their words, their presence, their touch? A desire to be able to the same for them? A possessive feeling, of wanting them all to yourself? Well that is plutonic attraction,

Forgive me for not being woke, but what is a biromantic lesbian?

Romantic attraction without sexual desire basically means what you just described. Imagine a relationship without sex. The feelings in that relation ship are romantic attraction, while the desire to have sex (and the desire for all the sexual parts of someone) is sexual attraction. These are independent concepts, so one doesn't need the other one.
Defining the exact line between platonic and romantic love is hard, but I think most people don't have an "urge to be with their friends all the time" and they don't "get soothed by their friends' words, presence, and touch".

And a biromantic lesbian is a woman who can be romantically attracted to men and women, but is only sexually attracted to women (like what they said, has been in love with men and women, but doesn't want to fuck men).

I'm glad that even here my father's words hold true: "One learns while one lives.".