Forum › Posts by BreadBunny

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021
Ylceon-1519658071823294465-img1

@missingno non-science babies also directly states that if magic or technology was used it should be science babies instead and ELF Durandal is certainly the result of hypertechnology

last edited at May 28, 2022 10:04AM

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021
Ylceon-1519658071823294465-img1

non-science babies seem like the wrong tag here considering that ELF Durandal is neither Durandal's kid nor a human being. She's a sword that can turn into a tiny humanoid

It is a very cute piece of art though. Fitting for Durandal and Rita

last edited at May 27, 2022 9:33PM

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

almost forgot to comment on it but while Tokiko certainly isn't bursting into tears and grief all of a sudden, it is clear that her sister's hanging has impacted her far beyond any other death so far. She saw everyone else in her family die and by her own account even more than that, but she did not tell a soul of what happened two years ago until her sister dies and Tokiko decides "no actually this time the one behind it needs to pay".

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Uh oh, wee woo time, a new endcard. and Natsuki is on it :x

yeah good to see a new card, but oh no not Natsuki. I'd say I hope she survives but given that everyone but Tokiko who was on the first card died, it's not looking good.

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

this might be reading into it a little too much, but the fact that Tokiko apologized to her sister for not being able to mourn the others, and how she seemed genuinely excited to start learning how to cook. And how when she found that her sister hanged herself she reacted with actual surprise in a way rather unlike she has up until now makes me hope that next chapter we'll be getting a Tokiko who is just a little uncharacteristically rattled.

also the extra page having Tokiko stand there in front of an obviously overcooked pot has equal part humor and tragedy in it, because missing her would be teacher that is just the best she's going to be able to do.

last edited at May 26, 2022 7:11AM

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

oh, something that I've noticed only after re-reading for a bit, but Tokiko sure is the only character whose eyelashes are truly on point aren't they. It really adds to her expression too because it highlights how her eyes are basically always half-lidded. Gives her a real air of self-confidence/smugness to look at other people with.

Though having read Satsuki is a liar. that might just be a trait this author gives to their main characters.

last edited at May 25, 2022 1:57PM

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

so we've gotten to see the see-through bones and skeleton Tokiko in the actual manga now. Rather than just on the coverpages. I wonder if that was metaphorical or if it was something shimmering through that another character could have seen happen if they were there.

Because honestly this just makes me think that with the Desire and Compensation, maybe Tokiko almost died some time back when she was young and she made use of this curse (accidentally or otherwise) to save her life, with the compensation being other lives. Maybe it even happened before she was born, and her parents were the ones who started the Desire to have her live, and the Compensation has been taking lives around her because of it.

last edited at May 25, 2022 7:58AM

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Geez, all they're doing is wishing you good luck in a roundabout way. A "I hope you can make it so that you don't experience the feelings of sadness and frustration I ended up feeling because I couldn't make it" type of thing. It's nothing but good wishes directed at her, no one's telling her anything bad but she still finds a way to twist it so she can justify keep being miserable. What a pity-party.

hmm, maybe the first person did mean it in a way to wish her good luck, but her brother very definitely is being spiteful about not having had his dream of being a musician come true

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

"I want you to tell me about yourself"

"alright, First I love you!"

amazing, ten out of ten

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

yeah if I'm being serious then this does seem like the story is shaping up to be about a first relationship going horribly off the rails due to general romantic inexperience setting high hopes and not realizing that meeting them is not a fact of being in love but a simple effort that needs to be put in on all sides.

Certainly an interesting read

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

it is pretty comedic in a way when you're crushing on a girl and then all of a sudden your parents get married to each other so now it's like "shit I didn't want to be sisters, I wanted to be girlfriends this sucks"

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

oof girl you're really in it now huh. I'm gonna be honest here pretending to not be in the wrong for cheating is not a good way to cope haha.

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

kind of unfortunate that it played out pretty much exactly like how we were told it was going to happen by TB. because it really does end up feeling like that last chapter is how thing could have played out if there had been more chapters.

Even then though, this ends up missing the mark for me, it showed a lot of promise at the start with two characters who are both deeply unhappy with their life finding solace in each others presence and grow to be happier because of it, and then nope Asami simply disappears and that's it. Here's 5 chapters about how Keiko wants for nothing more than to see her again but she won't. It set up an interesting story but unfortunately it really did not deliver a satisfying conclusion and that kind of sucks, haha.

last edited at May 22, 2022 9:24AM

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

is that a little blush I see on Natsuki when Tokiko tells her that if nobody wants to be friends with her then Natsuki will be the only friend she'll ever need. haha, could love bloom in the horror tragedy story? who knows.

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Honestly, it just feels like the whole “she smiled at me, so she must like me” or “she nice to me, so she must like me” from a worker.

this part is certainly interesting because it is quite literally what Kenji thought about Tamaki. So to a certain extent you might not be incorrect about how his affection for Saho got started.

last edited at May 19, 2022 6:57PM

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

this was really fun, I did also have a good laugh when I thought about how Kenji had been courting her for actually two years already and all it took for Saho was a single confession from Tamaki. I don't inherently have anything against the guy but wow having a front row seat like that nothing could make it more clear that you've been barking up the wrong tree all this time

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

a blood red string of fate in their case then

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

hmm, I see volume 1. Methinks every volume is going to have it's own little group of people and the most important thing for the characters is to get through their volume alive. With Tokiko at the center of it all everytime.

My theory that the deaths are caused by negative emotions seem to be falling through though, I don't doubt there is still something supernatural at play but it seems to go deeper than initially thought.

last edited at May 16, 2022 5:52PM

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Doesn't this guy kinda look like a fish?

A result of slicking his hair back too hard.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Damn pretty wild that everyone dislikes Madoromi so much. I'm having a great time seeing her outbursts as she comes to term with the fact that she can't just keep looking at the world in superficial terms of how famous or skilled someone is to determine if they're worth spending time with.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

"Garth is the only love interest I can trust" yeah you can trust him to help Elsa woo you, Yvonne. haha good job outsmarting yourself

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I wonder how much it'll take for this to finish with it's 4 chapters a year update schedule. I feel like once it's done it'll paint a intriguing picture, and a be a fun story to read through start to finish.

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

a sweet end to a sweet story

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

oh actually interesting that only Tokiko's family is on the death page. I wonder if new characters will be added in once they've exhausted the ones already there

BreadBunny
Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

hmmm, I do like that Tokiko is greyed out but no bloodsplatter for fate unknown. Though I'd doubt she'll actually die this early in the narrative.

last edited at May 13, 2022 4:25PM