Forum › Posts by fauce

fauce
Harmony discussion 09 Apr 02:36
joined Aug 21, 2017

inb4 this gets tagged Drama

joined Aug 21, 2017

Do you guys think having to preface each conversation with "I am Mary-san" was decided at the International Mary Meeting?

fauce
joined Aug 21, 2017

"That's sus" - Monsoon

I agree, this is very sus

joined Aug 21, 2017

Wait, an isekai with some originality ? XD

Truly a black swan

fauce
joined Aug 21, 2017

These memes are great. Thanos and The Delightful Children From Down The Lane back-to-back hit me like a one-two punch

fauce
joined Aug 21, 2017

Let's go stargazing!

joined Aug 21, 2017

Y'all think we're joking about fangtong and doe-luxi but hoo boy are we not and do we have a treat for you

Wait, you're not joking?

joined Aug 21, 2017

Lmao the April Fool's gag actually got me, I was quickly skimming and thought it was a dream sequence due to the changing art styles. Well played.

last edited at Mar 31, 2022 11:49PM

joined Aug 21, 2017

The classic "Nobody can hurt them except me!", I'm sure nobody will over-analyze that cliche in what seems to be a fairly lighthearted comedy manga.

Anyways, even though I think I can guess where this is going to go, I think it'll be an alright story.

fauce
joined Aug 21, 2017

this is just a two-shot, not a series.

Unfortunate. After reading chapter 2, I would absolutely be in for this for the long run.

Same, I'd be down to strap in for a continuation.

fauce
joined Aug 21, 2017

I thought this was very good.

fauce
joined Aug 21, 2017

Love triangle was nice and all, but the Tower of Babel reference was what really elevated this for me. That's two for two stories from this anthology so far that've referenced scripture in a hilariously overdramatic way. Basic bitches go to drama school, but real theatre kids attend Catholic all-girls academies. Yeah, the lesbian thing's all well and good, but the primary draw is getting to say shit like, "Onee-sama, I've Immaculately Conceived this omelette for you" while everyone applauds. This is the Class S we need.

+1

Waiting for a girl to angstily say she's an abandoned sacrificial lamb, that would be really funny especially if they extended the metaphor

+1, I'd like to see that kind of extraness

joined Aug 21, 2017

Very Tomokoish

Pretty in character

joined Aug 21, 2017

Good credits page, I liked the Megamind joke.

joined Aug 21, 2017

God I was not expecting the incest at all.

It actually blindsided me. Incest itself is surprising, that it's a major plot point even more so, let alone the fact that I haven't seen incest in a manga in a long time.

Anyways, Claire had some self-reflection, hooray for potential character development!

fauce
Milktea discussion 05 Mar 03:46
joined Aug 21, 2017

Oof.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Well, I'm glad it all worked out.

joined Aug 21, 2017

I may be rambling here, this manga is starting to fascinate me. Before, we had some hints that the world was a simulation. Some obvious, like the constant changing of the landscape and laws; Others however, were more subtle: the bible, the ultimate book of creation and order; No longer human, the existentialist crisis of modernity, and thus spoke Zarathustra the book for everyone and no one: a comedy, embrace and criticism to existence itself.
Shijima, in chapter 10 pg. 8 she says " I don't really mind not waking up either, though... Majime-chan is always bothering me, sis is always forcing me to help her, and school is always so tiresome...compared to all that, this dreams...almost like the closet...it's calming" She'll rather drift through her cherished delusion, that being her alienation, rather than facing the truth of the matter: she's lonely, depressed and desperate for friends (after all, if she really wants to be alone, then is she concerned to go back to the closet on ch. 07 pg. 2?).
In chapter 17, they go watch a movie. Which movie is it? The Truman Show, the tale of a man realizing he lives in a predetermined life watched by millions where all his friends are no more than actors, except for the lady, brave enough to tell him the truth: the only one that has truly shown any resemblance of real feelings towards him. Shijima's sister, a person tired of a society which alienates her and forces her turn down any resemblance of freedom: an actor in a hollow show. She is determined to meld this world into the will of the oppressed, like her, liker sister, so they can never feel ostracized again. Ms. Mogawa is a good example of this: a girl that melds into her role to the point that it eats up her soul. After all, in chapter 20 pg. 16: "I stopped making these because I thought a teacher shouldn't be..."; but what stays repressed cannot be put down forever "...But that was why I ended up trying to open a large hole, wasn't it?". Shimija's has had to face the same destiny as Mogawa; However, the realization and chatarsis that made her able to understand her emptiness came after an act of extremes, that being attempting suicide. If Mogawa dug a hole literally, Shimija's sister will dig a hole to reality, and this will have consequences.
the authority of order (gardener and the bible), the cowards lost on the meaningless of everyday modern life or shut ins that rationalize their alienation (shijima) and the fight against reality itself and choose nonsense above sense and disorder against order (shijima's sister and zarathustra); But at what cost? is it really worth it to dig the world a hole so we can fill it with the wishes of the lost or oppressed, if all we really needed was a friend or a loved one to fill ourselves up with life again? We often think in grand schemes, but perhaps the only thing that we needed was a friend all along, like Majime-chan. Maybe life, at the end, in its slices of boredom, in its everydayness, it's not so bad if we have someone to talk nonsense with.
(btw fun fact: in chapter 23 pg 6, the book girl is reading La Chambre Claire, a book about the philosophy and nature of photography and the effects it has on the spectator)

Very interesting analysis. I don't have much to add, except that this manga reminds me of the "post-existence" artwork of Aleksandra Waliszewska, and correspondingly, an undercurrent of ennui and general dissatisfaction with life seems to run through the entire manga, as you implied with the "fight against reality itself".

joined Aug 21, 2017

Both the earlobe and story are 'ouch'.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Bro this art is amazig

The story isn't half-bad either.

fauce
joined Aug 21, 2017

All the twists of intrigue add up to a messed up story. Not bad at all.

joined Aug 21, 2017

I'm surprised it's over.
If it's any consolation, since this is a Slice of Life, we can think of the untied loose ends as simply suggesting that although our time with their lives is at an end, their own stories are still ongoing.
Only slight Copium.

joined Aug 21, 2017

"get cucked nerd lmao" I love end credits

joined Aug 21, 2017

I feel like for mom to be that upset she must be a closeted gay, herself. I wonder if that's the twist that's coming

I ah, really don’t think that’s where it’s going but that’d be funny

The moms getting together inc?

If this is the asspull that happens I wont even mind a rushed ending lol

This would be stupid as hell but I kinda wanna see it

I'm not sure which would be funnier: lampshading the asspull as hard as possible, or playing it completely straight (haha). Either one would be legendary.

joined Aug 21, 2017

New Zodiac lore just dropped??
Also, "Rico" as a nickname surprised me, since in my head it's syllabicated "cap-ri-corn"