Forum › Posts by random

random
Ayakashiko discussion 27 May 13:07
joined Jul 26, 2016

These poor gods get no respect whatsoever.

joined Jul 26, 2016

lmao Haku you glorious troll

joined Jul 26, 2016

That's a rather odd definition for a "waste of time". One might even be tempted to characterize it as "misanthropic".

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

'And a special acknowledgment to the author of Niven's Law: "There is a technical, literary term for those who mistake the opinions and beliefs of characters in a novel for those of the author. The term is 'idiot'."'
- S.M. Stirling, quoted on Wikipedia

joined Jul 26, 2016

That lady is as straight as a spaghetti

Soooo... Straight until she gets wet?

This made me giggle more than it has any right to. Well played, sir, well played.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Fair enough.

So gang, I think the 2nd best [1st Bloom Into You] ongoing Yuri deserves a shorter, more catchy name, how about YukiKoga?

NetAreru, or NTR for short. :v

last edited at May 23, 2018 9:10PM

random
Image Comments 23 May 20:33
joined Jul 26, 2016
Nom

@RJS2005 Arguably redundant on anything related to this franchise... ( ͡¬ ͜ʖ ͡¬)

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

That Natsume is legally guilty of statutory rape is indisputable. She also majorly dropped the ball as the adult in the situation, as self-restraint was very much her responsibility.
But if she's guilty of rape in the more general sense is a whole lot less clear-cut and I strongly suspect that's entirely intentional on the author's part - challenging the reader to make up their mind about it and provide their own reasoning.

Though when you think about it making that distinction is, narratively speaking, ultimately Maki's prerogative once she sorts out her feelings on the matter.

random
Opapagoto discussion 23 May 11:02
joined Jul 26, 2016

Add Banana no Nana to that list, too... Maybe it's like a law in Japan, or something? Serialized stories with quirky, unusual, and/or funny characters and plots must get canceled after 3-4 volumes, while school girl stories with maximum melodrama can take however much time they want.

You forgot cookie-cutter Perpetual Motion Shonens. I think those are legally mandated to run for five years minimum.

Anyways, the story is starting to go full telenovela now and it's great.

random
Liberty discussion 23 May 10:59
joined Jul 26, 2016

geeze this girl has issues... & ones that could be heavily softened by acTUALY TALKING TO UR PROSPECTIVE PARTNER...
but like honestly, this started out intriguing what with applying the “manic pixie dream girlfriend” trope to a lesbian pairing, but i’m getting real tired of drama perpetuated, almost entirely, by a lack of communication for vague, unfounded reasons.

Liz should talk about it. It's pretty obvious she can't, which isn't too unusual for people with serious emotional baggage.

joined Jul 26, 2016

...isn't that KanColle and whatnots.

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

Once again we've set foot on a cute short unfortunately will either not have a sequel or have a sequel 4 years later and it won't resolve anything so we'll be begging for more anyways

I've realized that the yuri path consists of dying...

joined Jul 26, 2016

Case in point, Name Gags: The Manga.

random
Ham discussion 21 May 06:23
joined Jul 26, 2016

I only like ham when it accompanies pineapple on a pizza. Not even joking.

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

I wonder if a 3P with Ayu is out of the question

Why do H-doujin artists waste their time on garbage instead of great ideas like this? ;_;

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

No kemonomimi in sight.

I feel duped. :c

joined Jul 26, 2016

Ham

Inexplicably epic tag is epic.

random
New Game discussion 19 May 01:05
joined Jul 26, 2016

She's in "stern beancounter" job mode here, remember. Any discomfort about it is vented in more relaxed contexts (ie. among peers and/or on off hours).

random
New Game discussion 18 May 19:56
joined Jul 26, 2016

...isn't that the okama boss who takes all the guys into his section while Shizuku gets all the girls in hers? He's turned up once or twice before IIRC.

random
New Game discussion 18 May 19:47
joined Jul 26, 2016

-- and Yamato came off as kind-of incompetent and very annoying.

Sounds like an accurate representation of the average workers' impression of the people above them (or at least above their immediate superiors) then. :v

random
Not lizard discussion 18 May 19:19
joined Jul 26, 2016

I've seen people call fish lizards. Then again it was in YT comments...

random
joined Jul 26, 2016

Her skipping school the next day, trying to behave normally, after realising what happened to her

Actually she only skipped the second day after, apparently due to needing some "me time" to digest things. The first was spent being visibly absent-minded at school until she consulted Goggle-sensei in the afternoon/evening.

random
New Game discussion 18 May 19:11
joined Jul 26, 2016

Well, even if they don't appear much it's still nice to see some of the staff outside the main focus group. Reminds us that this company's far more than just them.

Also lmao Umiko failing in the "bad cop" role

random
Yuru Yuri discussion 18 May 13:54
joined Jul 26, 2016

Yui? Oh boy, imagine the drama that will ensue. Maybe we'll get another Truth manga you know that early one-shot Namori made where the four girls would be Yui, Kyouko, Chinatsu and Ayano.

Given one of those has yandere potential of OVER 9000 plus inexplicable Satanic reality warping effects that sounds like a pretty bad scenario D:

random
Dark Widow discussion 18 May 12:55
joined Jul 26, 2016

I don't even get half the references. :c
Still awesome af tho.