Forum › Posts by FluffyCow

FluffyCow
President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

THAT WAS PLEASANT, Mochi Au Lait-sensei should stick to writing only, get an average/good illustrator to get it done and you're all set

I don't mind their art; I just want more than 4 page chapters.

I feel like the entire yuri genre has turned into these mini-chapters in the last year or two. Whatever happened to actual SERIES'?!

I know you're likely using hyperbole, but we still do get a good amount of series, arguably we're even in a yuri boom currently. Plus if you follow manga news outlets you'll see that we're going to be getting more series starting up soon.

One problem is also translators sometimes or often drop series. Another problem is sometimes authors have to stop making series because they need to focus on efforts like school or work, so they can make actual money to support themselves. Manga unfortunately doesn't always pay the bills to my knowledge, even more so if you're a small time author. So that's why a lot of authors do cute short stories on the side, which in my opinion is fine. Someone gets an idea and shares it with the rest of us through a short but sweet story, simple and to the point. Plus a lot of one-shots really don't need to be full length series since they effectively get the idea across. I much rather have an author do one-shots than a full series when they can't (at least currently) fully dedicate themselves to it. It helps keep their passion for creating going, without taking to much time out of school and work.

I'm tired so I'm likely going to forget a ton of series, but here's a general list of currently ongoing longer format yuri series. For starters here's 3 recently ended yuri series: Swap <-> Swap, A Kiss and A White Lily, Furry-Eared Mel. Yuzumori-san and Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni! both ended last year. Moving on to the longer format yuri series that are still currently ongoing: Bloom Into You, Kase-san, Bright Amnesia, Citrus+, Shimeji Simulation, My Cute Little Kitten, Tadokoro-san, Fusoroi no Renri, Lily Marble, Useless Princesses, A Love Letter for the Marching Puppy, My Unrequited Love, Hana Ni Arashi, Futari Monologue, Murcielago, Miss Sunflower, Vampire-chan × Junior-chan, Tsurezure Biyori, Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru, We Can't Draw Love, Yuri Is My Job. Not sure if you'd count things like, Do You Think Someone Like You Could Defeat the Demon Lord?, Oddman 11, Dragon Maid. There's also the two Chinese series Beloved L and Their Story. Along with a good amount of Korean series as well.

If my math is correct I listed I think a total of 21 currently ongoing Japanese yuri manga series. That's without including the ones I'm unsure about such as Dragon Maid. I also didn't include things like Yuru Yuri either, since I'm not sure if something like that counts either. Even if you're not a fan of any of them, there are plenty of series out there. Plus I know for a fact that I didn't list 5-10 other series because the author or the translation is MIA. One reason is that some series haven't gotten a fan update in awhile because they got licensed, so I'm not sure if they're still ongoing or not.

Additionally as I said previously we're getting new series announcements recently as well. Here's one example quote from a manga news Twitter I follow "Upcoming Kiss magazine issue 5/2019 with Wandering Son creator Shimura Takako's new manga series start "Otona ni natte mo" (Even if I'm an adult) on its cover. It's about a woman who falls in love with another woman".

Edit: Hopefully this is informative and not rude, I'm not trying to argue with anyone. Just trying to be helpful, but sometimes my intent comes off the wrong way, apologies if that's the case here. I edited some of my wording to hopefully be a bit softer and less intense. Apologies also for the lengthy post.

last edited at Mar 22, 2019 8:48AM

FluffyCow
joined Sep 27, 2017

One thing I'd personally like to see (again? might have seen it before) is a love triangle where they're all equally in love with each other.

Edit: Or maybe one where two people love the same person, and they both appreciate that the other has "good taste", so they can accept and in a way love each other as well.

last edited at Mar 21, 2019 2:32AM

FluffyCow
Image Comments 20 Mar 06:09
joined Sep 27, 2017
Howbeesdoit

I don't get how it's ruined. The joke is based off the "the birds and bees", which directly relates to sex. It's not really relevant if actual bees do it or not. The book could simply be a "how sex works" book in the same vein as "the birds and the bees", which is exactly what I think the creator is going for instead of a book that has a literal title.

last edited at Mar 20, 2019 6:10AM

FluffyCow
Image Comments 14 Mar 21:21
joined Sep 27, 2017
Lillie

Yeah I'm not a Pokemon player either, but the series definitely has some cute ships. This ship is probably my favorite though, and the look between them here is very adorable.

FluffyCow
Image Comments 14 Mar 05:14
joined Sep 27, 2017
69919986_p1

I think this kiss means they're basically married right?

FluffyCow
Image Comments 14 Mar 05:11
joined Sep 27, 2017
73135218_p0

I think Miyako is a well enough written character with her own personality and quirks that I personally wouldn't call her a self-insert. I love her relationship with her sister and some of those heart warming moments, the really calm moments where she acknowledges and she accepts Hinata even if she's often clingy and energetic. Just my opinion though.

FluffyCow
Image Comments 14 Mar 03:02
joined Sep 27, 2017
Qnngunx

@Madologist Haha I've seen a lot of slasher movies and that's a fair point. Let's just assume Yurucamp takes place in a world where slasher villains and the like don't exist, a cozy pleasant world.

FluffyCow
Image Comments 14 Mar 00:14
joined Sep 27, 2017
Qnngunx

@Victim: What's better than spending Halloween in a tent with your lover? I think that's the only way to spend the holiday, but I've never been someone who is into parties and the like. I'd love to go camping with a friend or two on any holiday myself, instead of the norm traditions just doing your own thing is the best. Anyhow though, these two are definitely always adorable.

last edited at Mar 14, 2019 12:17AM

FluffyCow
Image Comments 09 Mar 23:07
joined Sep 27, 2017
C6ehmgguoaayzqv-orig

As far as I know Cool-kyou knows how to do good character writing, relationships that progress well over the story. Wholesomeness and some commentary that's deep. The guy also makes what he likes and he's clearly not ashamed about his love of oppai, oppai lolis, and so fourth. Alright if that makes you uncomfortable, but don't expect him to cater to a specific individual's interests and what makes them uncomfortable. Notably I'm not a fan of Iruru's design either, but if you follow the author it's just something you should expect. One of his ongoing manga that started in 2013 is one where a short guy is always getting into accidents, that end with him falling into his tall female friend's huge breasts, which literally results in him ejaculating on them, that is not a rare or even uncommon occurrence. Not sure if the mods will get mad at me for saying that, but that's one of his ongoing manga with 47 or so chapters. You get used to it.

last edited at Mar 9, 2019 11:10PM

joined Sep 27, 2017

Actually, the drawing style doesn't help here: it's pure moe and does a disservice to the seriousness of the theme. I can't take the characters seriously when they act all cute and >.< , say "nya" and go "kyaa" on frilly clothes.

No offense, but it's a bit odd coming from someone called "Nya-chan". I personally will say that if my manga about a bunch of sexual minorities can't be moe, then it can go pack it's bags and move to America or something. Part of the reason I like manga is because they draw the characters cutely, I used to read American comics but a lot of "serious" ones turn me off because, frankly, I find the art style ugly and the people seem to be drawn specifically to be UNattractive.

Tezuka drew cartoony characters in manga that are masterworks of world literature by any standard worth upholding. My two favorite manga probably, Koi Kaze and Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, both have very cute characters yet handle themes as serious as anything.

If my manga transgender/cross dressing/non-binary/queer characters can't be cute and squee over cute clothes, have teenage drama, love affairs, and be moe while they do it, all the while taking on serious issues, then there is no point to manga and beauty and cuteness. And I will defend the justice of cuteness till I die!

Amen to this. I genuinely dislike the idea that a series has to have "X" art to be taken seriously. The only thing doing a disservice to the series and the seriousness of the themes here is anyone that judges something like this on a surface deep level. It comes across as shallow and insulting to the artist in my opinion.

FluffyCow
Image Comments 15 Feb 21:29
joined Sep 27, 2017
72897215_%e8%90%bd%e6%9b%b8

@BugDevil and @Midnightgunner: I am completely chill, text unfortunately lacks tone and intent gets muddy. Apologies if I came across as less than chill. I should have asked "Does BugDevil make changes in his head canon because he thinks it's morally wrong?". Would have come across as more relaxed conversation I imagine. Yeah undead in theory wouldn't blush, but I don't mind a story where undead do blush, since it's all fictional anyhow. I have no problem with people's head canons, it just seemed like a weird over-complicated justification to me. At the end of the day, they're cute, the art here is cute. It's all cute, so who really cares? That's all. My "udders" are perfectly cold as it's below freezing, have a nice day/night everyone :).

last edited at Feb 15, 2019 9:29PM

FluffyCow
Image Comments 14 Feb 23:50
joined Sep 27, 2017
Gbvq0hu

I guess she played herself.

FluffyCow
Image Comments 14 Feb 23:46
joined Sep 27, 2017
73116913_p0

We've seen characters shipped for crazier reasons and for even less of a reason. Besides they look like a solid pair here, plus this art is great.

FluffyCow
joined Sep 27, 2017

Preview time!

Only one left after this one… I can't believe I followed and translated this series from beginning to end for 5 years. I'm gonna miss it. ;___;

Thank you for all your head work. As someone else said it took a bit of warming up to get into, with all the weaving together of various character relationships, but it all connected together nicely and it's been an enjoyable ride.

FluffyCow
Image Comments 12 Feb 03:31
joined Sep 27, 2017
72897215_%e8%90%bd%e6%9b%b8

Why does it matter if they're undead or not? Also I'm not sure how creating a fictional head canon where they're alive makes things "easier", that just sounds like an unnecessarily convoluted way of justifying something you might think is morally wrong. Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess, but I just think the method that makes life easier is to simply not care in cases like this. Cute girls kissing are cute, regardless of if they're zombies, ghosts, werewolves, centaurs, and so fourth.

last edited at Feb 12, 2019 3:37AM

FluffyCow
Image Comments 25 Jan 07:10
joined Sep 27, 2017
65000915_p0

I for one very much like where that leg is going. Also with all the debating of if Illya should be with Miyu or Kuro, I think they should all be together simultaneously as they are the trifecta of Fate/Kaleid girls. The perfect three-way relationship.

FluffyCow
joined Sep 27, 2017

My god this is adorable, I love the art style.

This is better then it has any right to be.

And it has quite a lot of right to be.

Yeah this definitely has plenty of right to be as good as it is, I don't understand why it wouldn't? Outside of subjective and personal differences of opinion of course. However in my eyes this series is a perfectly adorable short with a fairly unique art style, that genuinely plasters a large dorky grin on my face every time I read it.

last edited at Jan 22, 2019 6:04AM

joined Sep 27, 2017

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows what company in NA might license and publish Cheerful Amnesia in print? Is the series tied to a certain company and can only be picked up by them? I keep thinking Seven Seas will Publish it, but after over a year of following their licensing announcements and submitting it in the monthly reader survey I'm starting to lose hope.

If someone is very knowledgeable on this subject there's also two non yuri series I'm hoping will get picked up.
"No Guns Life" and "Melt Away! Mizore-Chan". Might as well throw those out there while I'm at it. I'm completely in the dark as to who owns what and if companies are restricted from picking up certain titles or what.

Thanks for your time!

FluffyCow
Image Comments 21 Jan 03:48
joined Sep 27, 2017
66797172_p0

For anyone that wants or needs context, these characters from Houseki No Kuni are made entirely out of gemstones, each character a different and specific gemstone. Both of them are genderless and how these beings come into existence is explained in the story, of which I think I'd probably do a poor job explaining it myself. Bort is also a type of a diamond, meaning both these characters are types of diamonds, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bort

FluffyCow
joined Sep 27, 2017

and here I thought it was normal to sign a contract under the eyes of a attesting notary before you dare talk to someone.

I think I understand the humor you're going for, unfortunately jokes often go whooshing over my head. I'm usually dense and take things literally. I need a gif of Drax from GOTG saying "Nothing ever goes over my head, my reflexes are too fast".

Not directing this at you, but it's interesting that people sometimes don't understand you can be romantically and/or sexually interested in someone and if you read a situation properly you can kiss them. They can then say if it was okay or not. If you misread the situation you should apologize and go from there. Often there's a heat of the moment element and human relations are messy. Mistakes happen and if you know when too back off or continue then you're probably doing better than most people.

In this story she knew it was an appropriate time to make a move because of the conversation about sexuality and kissing. It was a relevant way of testing the waters. It was also consensual and nothing wrong happened, the kiss successfully progressed their relationship in a positive way.

Side Note: I hope we get another chapter with these two at some point, or a bonus page or two. It would be amusing if they kissed passionately in front of the girls that were claiming too be only "acting gay".

Edit: Phrasing.

last edited at Jan 19, 2019 5:03AM

FluffyCow
joined Sep 27, 2017

"Hey look they're gay, I wanna rape you so lets be gay as well"

What?

They sound like they're trolling. Twisting events so they're intentionally misconstrued just so they can claim someone is being sexually assaulted, all for the sake of starting a fight or fake controversy. Lately and unfortunately it seems to be a common way for people to troll. Better to just ignore it in my opinion, and hope a mod slaps them on the wrist for trying to stir up problems.

last edited at Jan 19, 2019 4:15AM

joined Sep 27, 2017

I'm sure people have made this joke already, however I can't help but think "saved from the isekai truck". Also the double confession was extremely adorable.

joined Sep 27, 2017

OMG this was the most no cliche manga that I saw in a year xD

This went through the usual cliches and motions of any Groundhog Day type of story. Someone (typically the main character) has to learn a lesson in order to progress time. Nothing necessarily wrong with that, but every story has cliches and this one is no exception. I think people often worry too much if something has cliches or doesn't, each author gets inspired by something and some previous work. There's a great part in the movie "The Night is Short, Walk on Girl" about how every book is connected in some way.

Overall I think it was cute and an enjoyable read.

last edited at Jan 19, 2019 12:41AM

FluffyCow
Image Comments 18 Jan 02:14
joined Sep 27, 2017
66209537_p0

@Sharkexpert12: Azur Lane is Chinese.

FluffyCow
joined Sep 27, 2017

I'm loving that we're getting at least a few more Fate works involving yuri, but we still need a lot more. This is adorable and I'm hoping for Fate content on here soon.