Forum › Posts by BugDevil

BugDevil
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

You sure have high expectations on an emotionally bruised teenager.

Perhaps. Thing is, all the characters in this story have some emotional issue. And despite Uta's sad unrequited love I feel that she is comparetively well off to Kaoru, who just wanted a happy family, but that keeps crumbling away.
At least until the mother returned anyway. Now Uta has a serious challenge ahead of her.

BugDevil
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

It's not easy dealing with rejections I guess.

It is not.

Even so, she prepared herself for that for a long time. Wasn't it her who said she would rather share her feelings and be done with it than to keep holding it in? I'll be sympathetic only so far...

Sympathize however you see fit, but as anyone who’s ever gone through a “I really value you as a dear friend” situation has experienced, there’s no real “preparing” yourself for rejection—there’s only putting off the inevitable.

I went through that myself once (although not as severe), so I understand that much. But in this particular case it was sheer impossible and also way more problematic for the one who was confessed to. Uta is being incredibly selfish after all. She can grieve over it as much as she wants, I just would prefer she did not hurt Kaoru more in the process.

Imagining something isn't the same as actually going through it. It seems that Kaoru brushing off her feelings so casually hurt Uta much more than Uta expected it to. And to top things off their horrible mother shows up and starts messing with Uta's emotions even more which causes Uta to be unable to control her outbursts.

There are certainly many factors putting pressure on her at once, I admit. Everything related to her mother is fair game from what I've seen.
It would simply not do to make Kaoru suffer for Uta's selfish love though. She needs Uta more than she lets on - but as a sister. If Uta really loves her, she should understand this eventually.

BugDevil
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

It's not easy dealing with rejections I guess.

It is not.

Even so, she prepared herself for that for a long time. Wasn't it her who said she would rather share her feelings and be done with it than to keep holding it in? I'll be sympathetic only so far...

BugDevil
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Seems to me that the mom coming back is essential actually. Because of the situation Uta has been considering moving out once University comes, basically running away. Now that mom is back to take her away, she actually has the option to choose between living with her painfully unrequited love or her horrible mother.
It's an exercise in how far she will go and whether Kaoru and Rei-kun have the guts to actually draw her back in. We always knew their family situation on both sides was pretty bad since the early chapters. This little haven they built is clearly fragile as hell, not just because of internal conflict.

Uta's finally got her confession out of the way and got exactly what she expected, so it's pretty annoying to see her act this way. It's not easy dealing with rejections I guess. Now we just need to see if she will rather jump in the arms of her shark mother than face that pain.

BugDevil
Image Comments 28 Aug 06:20
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018
61157757_p0

Would be more surprising if they didn't do it.

BugDevil
Image Comments 28 Aug 04:54
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018
Dlsaeigueaaqxdh-orig

The sheer amount of MoeMizu art makes me think they are one of Canno's favorites.

BugDevil
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Is it really that hard to believe that people prefer competent writing?

Luckily that's just an opinion and thus can be dismissed out of hand haha

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I'm also not of the opinion that a story needs to end when the main couple gets together. The most interesting part of a relationship happens after the confession. Canno is clearly not a stranger to that concept, so it would be easy to continue with Shiramine and Yurine as a couple.

While I agree with you in principle, I find that in practice, the characters in a romance either get together at the beginning and then the story is about how their relationship develops, or the characters don't get together until the end and the story is about how they get together. They don't have to be that way, but they usually are.

In this case, Canno just hasn't really left many threads untied for the main couple. Maybe there are some things I'm forgetting, but Ayaka dealt with her issues with her mom, and Yurine got over being sad about being a big selfish jerk. Canno would have to pull some drama out of her ass to keep their relationship interesting at this point.

I see your point, but usually being in a relationship brings about new challenges. Not everything has to be deep-seated emotional trauma and family issues. Seeing how we are approaching graduation eventually, it would actually be the perfect time to go for the usual "What's our career choice and can we stay together after graduation?" arc.

It doesn't sound very riveting, I know, but drama authors know how to squeeze something out of it. And that would give us at least some time for the other couples in that final stretch of school.

BugDevil
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Feeling rather conflicted about them still not calling each other by first name (at least when they are alone together). That seems like one of Yamada's (or should I say Yui's?) weak spots. If Kase-san wants to make her melt like butter she definitely has the Y-bomb ready haha

Other than that, very cute. How much do you bet that if that mixer actually happens Kase-san will do one of her famous explosive interruptions at the last moment? She loves chasing off guys around Yamada more than she loves running at this point lol

BugDevil
Kase-san discussion 26 Aug 13:06
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

This certainly turned into an eternal classic. Going to read the sequel next!

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

For the first time since I started reading this, I wouldn't be surprised if the next chapter was the last one.

At the same time, perhaps the author can come up with a reason to keep things going. I personally don't see how the same story could continue for more than a few chapters and still be interesting, except if the main couple just disappears completely and we only look at side couples now. But coming up with interesting things to write is the author's job, and she's obviously better at it than I am.

That could happen, but there are side-couples that don't really feel resolved and definitely need a second look.
I'm also not of the opinion that a story needs to end when the main couple gets together. The most interesting part of a relationship happens after the confession. Canno is clearly not a stranger to that concept, so it would be easy to continue with Shiramine and Yurine as a couple.

BugDevil
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

People have become way too critical of fluffy one-shots. Expecting a Shakespearean Comedy/Tragedy out of one chapter that needs to be self-contained might be a taaaaad extreme.

People don't expect that, they expect a story where the amnesia gimmick is actually relevant to the story.

Sensei's hot, but you can't really screw up the coy, bespectacled, sexy doctor archetype. It's a classic for a reason.

Why? I mean, if you really came here for that tag, then fair enough. But it's refreshing not to have the ultra ridiculous fiction amnesia that's usually used as a plot device.
This was clearly comedic and the "amnesia" was never supposed to be the focus. The point was to get her into the hospital and cause some stir.

Personally I don't like that archetype at all, so I had to enjoy this on it's own merit~

BugDevil
Image Comments 26 Aug 11:08
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018
Tumblr_paa3e2arid1s7t75so1_raw

I love how she is standing on ther tippy toes to imitate Kase-san's height.

BugDevil
Image Comments 26 Aug 11:06
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018
Davpnqsvwaauael-orig

^Looking up a girl's skirts is generally considered sexual harrassment, unless it was divine providence by the gods of the breeze.

BugDevil
Image Comments 26 Aug 11:04
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018
Tumblr_pb7p42rklc1ruyji8o1_raw

A floral scent

BugDevil
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I like that their dynamic actually changed naturally over time. These kind of misunderstanding based romcoms can really drag on and become reptitive, but Hinata and Mikage actually got closer without any over-the-top event that opened their eyes and still didn't stick to the same fromular for long.
Almost like after seeing that Mikage never did anything bad despite acting scary, it was obvious she was nice.

Anyway, they could always be a bit more open. Wouldn't complain about some real progress~

BugDevil
Image Comments 26 Aug 05:53
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018
Dfgizwpueaezwnr-orig

This is how I like my yuri harems. Canon.

BugDevil
Image Comments 26 Aug 05:52
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018
60923248_p0

I still can't get over the fact that this is a canon event. Amazing art.

BugDevil
Image Comments 26 Aug 05:49
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018
Dkn6fw7vaaauu1a-orig

I'd sell my soul for more YagaKimi of any kind. Too bad there is nothing left to sell.

BugDevil
Image Comments 26 Aug 05:46
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018
69776502_p5

Some way or another female Fate MCs tend to be lesbian magnets. Hakunon and Gudako need meet eventually to see who is the true harem Queen.

BugDevil
Image Comments 26 Aug 05:43
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018
Kitty_tantrum_by_yuri_murasaki-dc8n0im

Are we sure this isn't Brigitte x Cats?

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

That kiss sure was hot.

BugDevil
Hand Bra discussion 26 Aug 05:21
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Nyan-Nyan-ing? what?

Paya-paya

You know. Frick Fracking. Woohooing. Horizontal hokey pokey. Tantalizing tango. IMax and Climax. Assault with friendly fire weapon. Pants off dance off. Bam Bam in the ham. Swapping gravy. Attacking the pink fortress. Getting to know each other in the biblical sense. The birds and the birds. F**king.

Stuff like that.

They might even have been muffin-mashing and thumb-wrestling each other's candy-boxes.

BugDevil
Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

People have become way too critical of fluffy one-shots. Expecting a Shakespearean Comedy/Tragedy out of one chapter that needs to be self-contained might be a taaaaad extreme.

I always have a soft spot for the younger partner being the aggressive/active one in a relationship, so this is cute enough.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Why do I feel like we're approaching the end of the series? Can someone confirm this pls I need more. Also, hhnnngggggg im dying

As far as I can see people have been predicting that almost every single volume. So I'm fairly certain the end is still a ways off. Seems to me that there are still some loose ends that need tying up, and Canno has an obssesive desire to start new couples.