Forum › Posts by Melon

Melon
Citrus discussion 18 Aug 18:19
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

We got one full f**** chapter (pardon) of Yuzu feeling bad, and one full f**** chapter (pardon again) of Yuzu running towards Mei and then we get... this as a last chapter.

last edited at Aug 18, 2018 6:19PM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

The director had really nice hair! really cute.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I ship her with everyone.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Yuri-chin posted:

Ebi Mayo or whatever its name was

Ebisu-san and Hotei-san

This one is awesome!! (refering to the link and this oneshot)

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

This was really cool. but... whyyyyy, why didn't the talk and were honest with each other? :///
Anyway, it was really good as a story.

Melon
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Best extra ever :D

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

OMG I hate her too.

Melon
Happy Nest discussion 26 Jul 13:08
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

höhö and all the other girls were juuuuust friends, too. :P

Melon
Candy Trap discussion 21 Jul 09:54
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

This one was pretty cute. But that Juri girl was a bit creepy to me. And the way they were always talking with hearts, I felt like they were stabbing each others backs, whilde doing that, lol. But I guess that might be a trauma of mine^^

Melon
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

This is such a laid back, enjoyable series. Please let it go on forever.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

There are LOTS of characters in yuri who date a lot of guys, even kissing them, before awakening to the fact that lesbians exist. I'm not sure why this one in particular gets the "slut" treatment when this one or this one or even this one even though the last one actually does sleep around before she commits to one woman, really don't.

Exactly! (And the third one there might have less a than charitable opinion of her former self, now that she's settled down and come to the realization that she's a one-woman girl.)

Well aren't women sluts in general if they are having fun at sex? ;) (sarcasm alert)

Melon
Citrus discussion 19 Jul 02:10
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Filler chapter alarm....

Melon
Image Comments 15 Jul 18:39
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013
Tumblr_p49dmtmwit1vwmuf4o1_raw

thumbs up for this, very much thumbs up!

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

A manga about traditional japanese instruments. Seems quite interesting.
Regarding the credits page and how normal bands include traditional instruents here is a nice example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNHGABwme50
It's a "traditional" version of "secret My lips" called "secret MAIKO lips" by BAND-MAID.
They made it for april fools :D

Some time ago I saw a girl on the street in my town in Germany, playing the instrument with the strings that lies and that is picked (what is it called?). It was cool to see and hear something so far away from its home. I'd really love to see it live again.

Instruments like that are called Zither and the japanese version is called Koto.
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zither
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koto

Ah, thanks for the info. I knew about the Zither, but not about the eqivalent. Personally I think the Koto sounds better, but maybe that's due to the Zither mostly being used in German cheesy folk music.Urgh. :P

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

[...]

However, that brings up another issue (though it probably doesn't have much to do with this manga): everyone has their circumstances and their struggles. The worst, most awful person you know certainly feels pain sometimes. Maybe something really bad happened to them. But that doesn't change the fact that they're awful to you. There's this mindset in a lot of manga (and really, in all kinds of romance stories) that as long as someone's behavior is rooted in personal suffering, it's somehow excusable. They should be pitied, or treated with empathy, and given leeway, or, on the extreme end, they should be "cured" with the power of love. You owe it to them to stay by their side.

But in the real world, that's the attitude that leads to people getting stuck in really unpleasant or even abusive relationships. In real life, you should know when to cut and run. I still really enjoy lots of manga with these kinds of relationships, like the works of Momono Moto, or Kodama Naoko. But if I knew someone in the situation of some of those characters, I would suggest that they get the fuck out while they can.

Well said. Everybody hurts and it no excuse to treat people like shit.

Personally, I really love the premise of manga like this. The only thing that bothers me is that usually the cheating (or whatever) character is getting away with it, because they are so intoxicating (or whatever shit). And the main character is doesn't have any self-respect. Still at the beginning I'm always hoping that this one will be different. So, let's start the ride. I'll take anything except the trope "I cheated on you, but it's okay, because I'm sexy".

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Who else had to listen to the song in the credits? here it is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzDnHiT_-ao

Here's a song from Vocaloid that mix these instruments with modern instruments too, also the visuals in this video will give you an idea of the visuals in this manga!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNJczBl7Xdo

Took me some time to read these because the pages were loading slowly earlier, but that's probably because of my connection... I found it really nice! and the author already gives some subtext for us so I'm totally going to follow this one! thanks!

Thanks, that's really nice. Very beautiful! From the harmonies it sounds a lot like blues or rock, it's very interesting.
Some time ago I saw a girl on the street in my town in Germany, playing the instrument with the strings that lies and that is picked (what is it called?). It was cool to see and hear something so far away from its home. I'd really love to see it live again.

Also this manga is awesome, it really makes me feel the love for this music. :)

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Lol everyone hates the MC but I actually love when a protagonist starts off as a bad person and develops into a better one over time. For me it's way more interesting than when the MC starts off as really nice and bland, I'm looking forward to see where this series goes.

Not saying that this isn't interesting but Nanaki really pushes all of my buttons and I'm hoping for more sweet justice.
But if Nanaki only starts liking Kurokawa because she makes her "cuter" by dressing her up and making her wear make-up then consider this manga dropped

Only 4 chapters of the raw are out right now, so it's too early to say, but it does seem like it's going down this route, LOL.

If it's executed well, it might still work for me, since I also love the "bad girl becomes nicer" trope (which I have only seen in het, actually, so far). I hope she discovers the own personal cuteness of kurokawa.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

This hair... I love curly hair. But since it's hard to draw (and maybe because most Japanese have straight hair?? not sure, but you draw best what you are used to drawing) it's not seen very often.

Melon
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

cute! How could I have missed this Adult life tagged chapter?
For me, open end is always yuri. Because I'm an oh-so-optimistic idiot. But it would be cool to see more of this.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I would pay considerable amounts to see more women like the director in yuri...my god man.

Same. Holy shit.

Yup.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Wow, that was decent^^ Now I wish it was longer.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Psychopathic female otaku helping relationships since 2017. The humour in this was great. xD

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Wow, so bitter in the middle and than that sweet ending, lol. Nice!

Melon
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

and? aaaaaaand? What happened next? O.o

Melon
Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Going to the music store as a date... that's genious! I just realised if anybody ever did that to me, I 'd probably fall in love right away. And if they bought me a nice guitar as a present I'd marry them right away. xP just kidding... maybe.

That aside, this one was cute. I love this cute art style.