Forum › Posts by blopa

blopa
Image Comments 07 Jul 09:20
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013
53182686_p0

Alternate reality, the best way to justify Nozomi being clueless and innocent.

blopa
Image Comments 07 Jul 09:06
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013
Doujis

The image is cute, but looking at the shape of the horns of the girl to the left (Ibaraki?), and the way the skin looks at the base as ih the horns went though it... I can't help but shiver at the thought.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

^you're right. I'm probably getting ahead of myself here (the series is tagged as yuri for now, so I'm assuming things). But exactly as you said, a bad break up is not a factor that should define your sexuality, so I hope this manga will go along those lines.

last edited at Jul 6, 2018 7:14PM

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

I think the issue here is more exhaustion over common oveeused troupes, more than anything. We have already seen the vain, mean girl redeem herself over and over at this point, so seeing the character start from zero once again, knowing well have to get through this alonside her once again... is kind of tiring...

I personally don't mind it too much, but what tires me out is the cliche of the girl becoming a lesbian because men were mean to her. Not many stories can pull it off without having the development feel forced.

I asked in my previous post if anyone could think of other examples - as I couldn't.

I often see people say so and so is an overused trope - like some did with that princess's secret morinaga one - and then it turns out literally nobody has ever done it before!

So since you think this has been done over and over to the point of boredom, please name me some yuri on the site where a vain and or mean MC redeems herself, becomes a nice likeable girl and finds love etc?

From what I can recall, Flower and Star, and Comprehansive Somethingrussian (forgot the name). In general, this is common when the main character has inferiority complex. There is also a manga about grappling tackling this (pun intended), but I can't recall the name, and the ending was kind of rushed anyway so the main character didn't actually redeem herself byb the end. People might have mentioned The Princess Mirror because the motivation of main characters is the same in both mangas: be pretty like a princess.

In any case, to limit it only to yuri manga on this site is extremely narrow a sample for this case. Take Bright and Cheery Amnesia for example: A lot of people were saying it was a fresh spin on a overused cliche, yet I can't really recall yuri manga about amnesia other than it. I do recall soap operas overusing it. And movies. And mangas. And games. And at least one episode in a western cartoon will have an episode featuring it. Basically, is abundant in a lot of media, and the more you consume, the more likely you are to find it... over and over again.

In this case, most teenage western movies will either have the pretty MC become a bitch and then back, or be a bitch and start to mellow down at some point. I have no specific examples of this, because I do not care enough to keep track of it, just start watching a tv movie and having a huge sense of Deja-vu as the story unfolds. Shoujo manga also have a lot of this (whenever the heroine is not unrelistically nice), most of which copy the formula of Kare-Kano, or whichever Kare-Kano copied it from. It doesn't really have to be a yuri manga to get the feeling you saw a similar scenario before.

last edited at Jul 6, 2018 7:18PM

blopa
Image Comments 06 Jul 17:00
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013
Do87pqgvoaae-dg-orig

Akko's "fuck yeah!" smile makes the image.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

I think the issue here is more exhaustion over common oveeused troupes, more than anything. We have already seen the vain, mean girl redeem herself over and over at this point, so seeing the character start from zero once again, knowing well have to get through this alonside her once again... is kind of tiring...

I personally don't mind it too much, but what tires me out is the cliche of the girl becoming a lesbian because men were mean to her. Not many stories can pull it off without having the development feel forced.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

I have to say, I completely agree with Mist on this. Eating lunch with the company's money is amazing.

last edited at Jul 4, 2018 10:01PM

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

There are no abuses on screen, you mean. I recall one of the doujins was about Mel almost being kidnapped.
But yeah, I also got creeped the hell out when the author made that school background story for Mel, with implications of selective breeding. Specially since it seemed the author's intentions was to make Mel look more adorable.

last edited at Jul 2, 2018 9:30AM

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

The manga title could also be read as "I decided to have a happy married couple (♀️) to shut my detractors up".

When I learned this mangaka is the same one who did Netsuzou Trap and Cocytus, all fears people had at chapter 2 felt VERY well justified. I'm seriously surprised she didn't make one of the main characters a disgusting human being taking advantage of the other.

last edited at Jun 25, 2018 10:56PM

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

The way they treat it as the most heinous act against humanity is hilarious.

blopa
Image Comments 25 Jun 15:39
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013
8503717_p0

Reminds me of that doujin in which Patchy uses human alchemy to have a daughter with Alice. Is really good.

blopa
Image Comments 25 Jun 14:47
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013
Fnfm43d

That looks so cozy, I'm getting sleepy just looking at it.

blopa
Image Comments 14 Jun 20:48
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013
Officialgay

Unfortunately, it seems there's only one character that's actually gay in the entire series, and the rest is just fanservice that can't even qualify as subtext. Kinda like Neptunia, in which when a male character is introduced (a "player character" the game developers didn't even bother to keep ambiguous, or give the choice to select gender), and suddnely the yury vanishes as if it never was there... because it wasn't. It kinda pissed me off ever since.

last edited at Jun 14, 2018 8:49PM

blopa
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

One of my all time favourites.

blopa
Image Comments 03 Jun 22:41
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013
68868967_p0

Maribel is looking even more Yukari-esque than usual.

Also, she's eating a taco... Ok, I'm done here.

blopa
Killing Me! discussion 03 Jun 21:21
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

So, the vampire girl is literally a pedophile... good to know.

I appreciate the translators efforts, though I must say I'll pass on any future chapters, since both main characters kind of annoy me. I liked this better when it was an oneshot called Nightmare Syndrome.

last edited at Jun 3, 2018 10:11PM

blopa
Image Comments 28 May 08:01
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013
N7eiuqa

^I think we're past the expiration date of that joke at the moment.

blopa
Image Comments 28 May 07:58
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013
68867725_p0

Well... he tried.

blopa
Image Comments 20 May 22:46
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013
Ddmpsv_v0aaxlxx-orig

@Tyraneo THIS, oh my God this! If you think you'll never feel happy for a fictional character getting some positive character development, that's because you have yet to read Watamote form the beggining.

last edited at May 20, 2018 10:46PM

blopa
Image Comments 20 May 22:31
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013
Sexytomoko

^I think there's the same scene but with Kyoko and Sayaka lying aroudn the site.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Back on topic with the manga, Mari san could've seriously got mad in this chapter, I mean, I WOULD! like "YOU GOT TO TALK TO ME ABOUT STUFF LIKE THIS BEFORE YOU DO IT!" but I guess it doesn't fit the manga's mood.

Ya, I had a similar impression. Just felt a bit disrespectful, practically dismissing her partner's concerns and wishes ... buuuut, like you, I then decided it's just comedy, so whatever. ^^

She should ask her partner before telling her own parents? I understand wanting to keep it secret from her partners friends and family, and that requiring asking her first, but I think she at least has the right to tell her OWN PARENTS about her relationship.

If my SO wants me to lie to her parents, fine. It's her parents. But I will NOT lie to my own parents and frankly I don't think my SO has any right dictate my relationship with my parents.

Yeah ... but you're not under Japanese society pressure or standards when saying that.

blopa
Image Comments 16 May 08:18
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013
[shirosato]%2057436434_p0

It really shows that Tewi's the elder.

last edited at May 16, 2018 8:18AM

blopa
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Ok... so apparently, as of now, everyone is gay except for our closet protagonists?

blopa
Image Comments 12 May 23:21
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013
Dy24sb5u8aetg4n-orig

@Athareal: Well... depends... Some of the friends she makes are pretty possessive, all due for their individual circumsntances. Depending on how you look at it might be considered subtext, with one in particular who definitely has a lesbian stalker crush on Tomoko, and another who seems more interested on her brother.
Tomoko herself is kind of ambiguous: Sometimes she seems to want a boyfriend, some other times she recreates how she's going to bang her best friend from middle school if she was her boyfriend... The easy way out of that is to say she's bi and call it a day, but that's still up to debate.

Later chapters seem to be fanning the yuri flames, through. Like the hilarious chapter where Tomoko makes friends with a 1st year who got bullied by the girls in her class because she (unintentionally) stole the attention of all the boys with her good looks, only to later find that Tomoko's friends bullied her in the exact same way for stealing Tomoko's attention from them.

last edited at May 12, 2018 11:25PM

blopa
Image Comments 12 May 23:02
Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013
Dcjplzkvwaad57c-orig

Come to think about it, considering how similar they are, it's weird there's not much with Bloody Queen x Devi couple.