Forum › Posts by ffins07

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I tried my best to not screaming in the middle of the night

This was me too, 'cept it was morning.

...mmm... I was also wondering how much time has passed. I don't know why I'm even wondering right now, but...maybe it's because of the past reference to the jobs. I forget. Are they in their second-but-should-be-third year now? (I guess I could just go read the released chaps. I think that info was in the early chapters.)

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I wonder why seola's blushing though. when the last time they had a sleep over, she was totes snuggling on norae's shoulder. Oh these two!!

I think it's because she thought she was being bold when she took the cup, and then (unexpectedly) she ended up with No-rae in her lap (too). ha-ha-ha...

What is that Star War princess? Where are they lol? This looks like it could be a public sauna place that Korea has. I agree, No-Rae seems like she's subtly but intentionally flirting with Seol-A. I wish it's ot just my wishful thinking lol Noticed how she drank from Seol-A's straw?

She did.

Also is it me or No-Rae's hair seem like they have grown?

This is wishful thinking. I think this is the third chapter after which someone has written this. Ha-ha.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I need English to get much of anything out of the first three quarters of this chap; I basically just drank in No-rae the whole time. She looked good. Ha-ha.--She looked good the whole time, even wearing the Star Wars princess?? head piece. (I do not have Star Wars on the brain, but that was seriously the first thing that came to mind.)

The end was ADORABLE. And gave me hope that No-rae is no longer oblivious. The interleaving of flashback and present-day-with-Seol-a scenes encouraged that feeling too.

I can't wait to read this with words. Not to mention, the chapters after this. WOOOO!!

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Hmm... I like this segment.

It seems to me that they're just both young and life is rearing it's ugly head. She had an idealistic (inexperienced) model of their relationship, and his world was pretty much what Friend said, No-rae and soccer--but soccer was first.

When you lose the main focus of most of your waking hours, that'll unbalance anyone. And especially for a young person, he probably hadn't experienced many types of loss yet.--Shoot. I've been thrown completely off balance being asked to take a break from work (first job after college). I didn't know what to do with myself. I'd heard of burn out before, but I didn't really learn to ...put it (work) in perspective until I was away from it. And, I'm still learning to take vacation. For some people, taking it easy is...not even a thought, but, for some of us, "taking" work away is nearly terrifying until we learn that it's not "everything".

Yes, I'm acutely aware of the pain No-rae could have felt by being left out, but, at this point in their lives, I only have sympathy for both of them. No-rae's youth afforded her an equally fragile position. These are completely understandable reactions. They haven't yet learned the skills to navigate that situation, not even individually, probably.

This is more or less exactly what I wanted (and expected from Ssamba); a very common relationship hurdle that prevails in the face of lacking experience on both sides. Nothing super dramatic, angsty, etc.

Thank you Ssamba. And additional thanks to @halmoni and @thatanon for putting (intelligible) words to the text (for me) so quickly. ^.^!!

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Btw what does No-Rae wear in the end of the chapter? Is she going to set up the building on fire or something lol

I was already lost being unable to read (since this one was a lot of words), but that kinda caught my attention too. I was like "woah, did this turn dark??".

Someone mentioned Sung-pyo being the one to initiate the break up--is that a theory or did that happen in toward the end of this chap?

...This chapter is looong. Seeing as it ended in a flashback panel, I'm expecting the flashbacks to continue next week, but maybe it'll move on to Australia or something. Ssamba's probably received at least some of the feedback about hanging in the flashbacks too long--but wasn't Seol-a's extended flashback/memory arc three chapters? It wasn't contiguous in this way, but Seol-a's more expressive. I don't think interspersing the black panels with No-rae staring out a window, staring out into a park and staring ... would add anything. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

And then we go to deal with Sung-pyo in the present, ha-ha. I'm just glad Seol-a doesn't have this view into No-rae's head, 'cause that would be just kinda demoralizing.--So since that's not the case, I hope Seol-a regathers her confidence, grabs No-rae and pushes out that confession. DO NOT depend on No-rae to "figure it out" or something. Not happening. If Seol-a can't manage that immediately after the flashback sequences end, then I'd at least like some confirmation that No-rae is over this guy. :(

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@Nezchan

I'm honestly tempted to spoiler that whole wall of text, since you know the person who it's aimed at can't really reply. It's not fair to them at all.

I don't know when that person will be back, nor do I know whether or not I'll have a better chance to engage them in a (what I hoped was) positive manner.

The "wall of text" is gone. I removed it.

last edited at Nov 21, 2015 9:14PM

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I was going to +1 ...too many things. I loved reading this chapter (again, in hi-res).

The end is just...full of potential-and internal awkwardness. haha...

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@Nezchan

And MacySan, I appreciate you may have been composing that while I was typing my own, so I'll let it slide. But please, let's not keep this particular ball rolling.

Not that we can't discuss flaws in the series, btw. Just that there's a bit too much hard feelings tied up at this point, and we need to let those pass.

I said I'd respond (in my reply). So I replied... I didn't realize this was a blanket, er...take a break?? from the flaws talk before rereading your posts a few more times after I'd already posted.

I apologize. ( >.<)

I'll stop by again Sunday... ( >__>)

last edited at Nov 18, 2015 10:02PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

<?>

last edited at Nov 21, 2015 9:11PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

If you don't have a constructive response to Nya-chan, PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND. (And don't slide in insults with your "constructive" reply.) They don't help anyone. The cat fights are annoying and generally full of posts that are just as mean and off-topic as the initial post. There are a lot of wonderful contributors to this community, and I don't want to see y'all's "uglier" sides (again). >:/

sighs Just post whatever you were going to post before you read it or don't post or something...at least not until your less...annoyed, or something, maybe.

P.S. I hope I haven't derailed things, myself... >__>

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I'm not sure Ssamba put that much thought in her story. People here sure are in deep.

The curtains were fucking blue.

But then, I've done the same for other stories, so...

Hello, Nya-chan.

What was the purpose of your comment? Was this a reply to anyone in particular...or everyone??

The tone is not neutral. And, in the context of your past posts, it's decidedly negative.

Having read your past posts, you've made it clear that various expectations you early developed in the story weren't met. That stinks, I guess.

But that's you. Clearly, other people are still enjoying it. A lot of people are reading and commenting in this forum.

You expressed an opinion about the story, "I'm not sure Ssamba put that much thought in her story.". In some ways I think you could be right. I know there are times when fans go to question their favorite authors and producers and find that a lot of the output was instinctive or habitual or something. Whether they did or not, how people interpret and perceive the work is.

This is a forum dedicated to Fluttering Feelings, and I think we should all be able to express negative and positive reviews of it in its entirety, the author, chapters, etc. You've been one of the few to express pretty negative reviews of certain chapters or events, and certainly you received some harsh replies for some, if not most of those. I think that stinks too.

That said, after your initial two or so negative "reviews", the following negative "reviews" were themselves inflammatory or accompanied by irrelevant inflammatory phrases and remarks targeted less at the work and more at the community--this forum and/or its participants. That's the thing that really eats at me.

I really wish you'd make an attempt to reenter the discussion instead of randomly dropping posts like this. "People here" refers to the forum participants. It's not an observation or review of the work or author. It's not objective.

So, I'm honestly asking what are you trying to accomplish? And would you be willing to attempt reentering the discussion? You must've noticed people have been replying and reacting less to any opinion you've expressed of the work and more so to your tone. None of your negative posts, even the early ones, really invited discussion. I don't think the all of them merited all of the replies, but you played your part in feeding the "flames". And you didn't incorporate the responses (feedback) into trying to make your next attempt at expressing a negative opinion more invitational.

If you're going to drop an opinion that you think pretty much everyone will reject, why not try to structure it in a way such that at least a significant number might not? And then maybe you'll find more people who feel a bit more the way you do can all join in on what could become a more diverse discussion.

I had some constructive counters to some of the objections you raised around clichés, but there really was no room to post them with the immediate and lengthy wave of backlash.

I hope you're not getting pleasure out of upsetting "everyone". Dismissal hurts. And that's how I read this post. I think it was pretty nasty. It took a while before I even noticed that the entire post wasn't directed at all of the the people posting in and viewing this forum. I'd reply to it; it being, "I'm not sure Ssamba put that much thought in her story.", but I can't tell if you actually care to read a structured response. ¯_(ツ)_/¯ And if you're just trying to mess with people to see what kind of rise you'll get, well... Even if some people have deeply offended you, please, don't take your frustrations out on everyone.

Anyway, I think I've spent enough words off topic. If you--or anyone--posts a comment that's just a complaint (without any reference to anything), I'm just gonna ignore it. Flaming would just lead to...more flames. I don't think its perfect, and I'm not just thinking of the majority-shared opinions (e.g, the well-documented "same face" "issue"). If you decide to stick on topic, I'm open to hearing your views, both negative and positive, about Fluttering Feelings (even if they're all negative now :?).

last edited at Nov 17, 2015 11:52PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Ironically (in light of the current emotional state of this thread), had Sung-pyo come along were Seol-a and No-rae in the tenuous beginning of their relationship, a lot more people would be frustrated. Again, I don't think the main point of this arc is to show us No-rae's relationship with Sung-pyo; it's to show us a significant experience the was part of No-rae's becoming who she is now. You could say it's kind of Ssamba (or Sung-pyo :P) to show up now, so that No-rae could kind of face her past and put it away before she enters into a new relationship. Should be one less (potentially major) thing to deal with.

Instead of Seol-a having to compete with ghosts, she gets to meet No-rae's pass sort head on. No-rae has the opportunity to resolve her "issues" way more neatly. And maybe, if Seol-a is witness to the resolution, it'll put Seol-a more at ease or boost her confidence too.

Man! I can't wait to see them talk to each other about stuff. (so excited)

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@takachi

LOL, I think I'm writing too much xD I'll never learn to think first then write a short summary, I guess...

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. So, here's more... >___>?

My comment about them being similar was not to imply that they are incompatible. I have no clue. We haven't seen any evidence of that. I'm thinking about what we've seen of No-rae.

Through her brother, we've learned that she's not one to face issues head on. I think everyone's (more-or-less) is agreed that she's not exactly oblivious but not one to pry (e.g., she may notice the Seol-a's behaving "oddly" but not really question it too much). So my thinking is that because she and Sung-pyo are similar, they might "miss" each other...in terms of thoughts and feelings.

I need to revisit the chapter during which she turns down Ji-hwan. The feeling I got was that she ...might not have fallen in love. As in, maybe Sung-pyo fell in love with her and she wanted the feelings to develop but that didn't happen--something like that.

Clearly, she liked him. But I don't see how people are saying she loved him. I haven't seen it. :?

Ssamba walks us through all the subtleties--something I really appreciate in this series. If No-rae was in love, I think it'll be confirmed. I don't think it has been yet (if that is the case), but I think Flutter Feelings distinguishes between intensity and depth, like and love. It seems clear to me that No-rae was more emotionally (romantically) mature at the time she and Seol-a met, and I think this experience (the one the arc is unveiling) had a significant contribution. (I don't think Ssamba would take the time to show us this, otherwise.)

I think one or the other (of Sung-pyo or No-rae) was in love or wanted to be in love or something and that the other half didn't meet up somehow. :? (I'm lacking words to express this point. >__>)

P.S. Is there a way to "@" people in posts? It feels kinda odd quoting folks without their nicks.

last edited at Nov 16, 2015 9:50PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I'm not worried at all about Seol-a and No-rae. The latter and Sung-pyo seem too similar to me. This chapter felt short, due to the lack of new material (to me), but Ssamba's kept up a friggin' spectacular pace for this quality of manwha. Most of the manwha or manga I've enjoyed have a monthly (or an I-hope-it-comes-out-this-month->_>) cadence. As long as this one doesn't end up on indefinite hiatus or some mess like that, this'll probably end up as one of my all-time favorites.

Go Ssamba!!

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

So it seems we got some very slight clues about them. They really liked each other and they were preety similar in their personalities...Could it be that Sung-Pyo did something clueless?

I thought their similarities were evident when we first saw them interact. :?

To me, No-rae's seeming obliviousness goes hand-in-hand with her carefree nature, but she doesn't seem to be the do something clueless type. He doesn't either.

It's possible for people to be very oblivious (to how other people feel about them, romantically) and also be very attentive (e.g., knowing exactly what to do or not do to make you feel better or more at ease, etc.). ... >__>

--Then again, maybe he did because No-rae (in my reading of her) is the type who wouldn't speak up if something he did bothered her and instead just...look past it or something. We'll see...eventually...

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Sooo, both Ji-hwan and Sung-Pyo fell for No-rae at first sight when she was drunk? xD

Nice?? catch. >.<

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Chapter 51 eng trans - http://pastebin.com/r3Q525nu

THANK YOU!! \o/

...and now I'm waiting for part II. I an't assume anything more from this. It's in line with the nostalgic gaze we observed in No-rae two chaps ago or so... :?

I like all of the flash backs. This one's first part is just...--I don't want to watch No-rae's past relationship with Sung-pyo develop. It's nice and sweet, and I don't care. Haha. Ugh! But these moments are important to No-rae, so... fine. Whatever. I'm paying attention...begrudgingly...

Mm... I wasn't expecting the big (or not so big) why-she-went-to-Australia "secret" to be revealed, but I was hoping to see a side of No-rae that makes the present No-rae seem different/more mature/older?? My reaction was more like "She really hasn't changed??" (thinking about Sung-pyo's words...).

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Another thing that hinted to me No-rae is the type to not look beyond the surface (of a person) was in chapter 11. (So happy to see that today! ^.^)

"... But why... did I do that?"
"As if I'm trying to sound her out..."

I really wonder if No-rae quite on Sung-pyo or just kind of...saw his going away as an out from the feelings she didn't develop.

Whatever this arc reveals, I'm expecting it to just fit...and not be something super traumatic/dramatic.

I'm also hoping No-rae and Seol-a get together sooner rather than later so that we get to see them mature in a romantic relationship as well.--And now I'm going to stop thinking about this Manwha ending because those thoughts are depressing...

ffins07
Their Story discussion 13 Nov 19:33
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

That has to be one of my favorite moments ever reading in a manga. I love the spontaneity, bravery and vulnerability of it.

I can't believe we have both Their Story and Fluttering Feelings to read. I feel like we've entered a new era (a short one if nothing good comes out of these, but hopefully the ends are far off...xx)

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

She actually seems a bit closed off to Sung-pyo, making me wonder if he'd failed to get beyond all of her barriers in the past. Sung-pyo and No-rae really seem like birds of a failure, and I wonder if that meant he was too easy going to try for that

I totally agree. Nice catch

I meant feather (not fail)... (>. < )

That image, if I remember correctly, is from the chapter 25, isn't it? The full quote is a bit different though:

Ji-hwan: And I'm confident I can make you love me too.
No-rae: ...Really?
No-rae: Can you really do that?
Ji-hwan: ....
No-rae: Promises shouldn't be taken lightly. No matter how small it is, there's no promise that I don't take seriously. Because you can never predict human nature.
No-rae: A feeling that you're going to fall in love...I once believed in those feelings too.
No-rae: I had an exceptionally strong feeling.
No-rae: But...it all ridiculously crumbled in one moment. My feelings, my trust.

So I thought that I may have misinterpreted everything myself in the past and what No-rae actually said in chapter 25 was that she thought she could fall in love with her ex, but she couldn't.

Anyway, scratch all that because after reading the chapter scanlated I realised I misjudged the flashback scene and they actually did look quite lovey-dovey there. At first I thought that was their first kiss or something, but now I realise it's just been one of the many evenings spent together.

So speaking about that quote from the chapter 25, could it be that No-rae blames herself for being unable to make Sung-Pyo fall in love with her? Could it be that she believes that she's never put enough effort to make her own feelings reach the other person in all their shining? If that's the case and Seol-a really has changed No-rae a bit, we may actually see No-rae... confessing? Well, that's probably too much to ask for, but she may make some steps towards that, especially if Seol-a keeps on pestering her with questions about the ex.

Nice find!

I actually find the scene a bit less love-filled taking No-rae's personality into account. She's the easy going type. She reminds me of someone for whom I cared deeply. Nice, happy, easy to be around, great listener... They seem perfectly happy but still months later you're like "I still only seem to know the surface of this person". It's easy to misinterpret or over??interpret that sort of person's receptiveness.

I've actually been fascinated with the similarities between No-rae and that person... >_>_

I really do think Sung-pyo sees the "same No-rae" and seeking out the No-rae beyond the surface is what Seol-a may be achieving that no one else has yet to do (romantically). I'd expect few of her friends have seen past the surface... (not that we know of No-rae having many... :?)

It would be interesting..., if even her friends were mistakenness in their "steamy" interpretation of the romance. The dream couple didn't work out...and No-rae didn't care as much as she thought she should?? Ha-ha. I'm just going to start making up random stuff. I can't wait to see where this is going. (Just look at all the discussion this chapter has stimulated. This is awesome!! \o/)

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Agreed. I don't think she's contemplating getting together with him again because she has clearly moved on (and Ssamba told us this story is a romance between Seol-a and No-rae). It seems to me that he broke up with her because he was going into the military and didn't want a long distance relationship or something of the sort but not because they were having relationship problems.

I'm also rather hoping it something along this line because...sometimes people grow apart for much more subtle or not-so-dramatic reasons. It could just be that Seol-a swooped in before these two had their chance to reconnect.

...but then I wonder why she didn't comment further when the Australia topic. She actually seems a bit closed off to Sung-pyo, making me wonder if he'd failed to get beyond all of her barriers in the past. Sung-pyo and No-rae really seem like birds of a failure, and I wonder if that meant he was too easy going to try for that. Seol-a, on the other hand, we know wants to get to No-rae on a deeper level.

Aaaah!! No-rae is definitely the most enigmatic character. We've finally caught a glimpse of some of her inner thoughts on her situation and it just leaves us with more questions! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Does anyone think Seol-A's overprotectiveness/possessiveness will be possibly viewed as a flaw in later chapters?

What about Seol-a's behavior has been possessive or overprotective? (Just curious.)

I've seen her jealous, curious, anxious... Mmm... No-rae projects the type of personality that invites a protective feeling, I think. Still, I haven't felt any of Seol-a's reactive feelings or actions to be particularly extreme for someone falling fast and hard for pretty much the first time (at least with some awareness). :?

Honestly that's the vibe I always got from her. Like when she was taking care of No-Rae after the accident. That's the immediate example that comes to mind. There are others but my brain is working at a 100% at the moment. Lol. Seol-A has this aura of back off No-Rae is mine, even though no actually confession on her part is happening.

Now that I'm thinking about it maybe I was reading to deeply into it?

Yeah lack of proper sleep is getting to me...

I've definitely noted the "jealous Seol-a" scenes, but to me they're generally of the "cute" caricature variety. I can recall friends being (jokingly) possessive about TV characters with whom they're obsessed, for whom similar panels could be drawn. For example, they might get angry or depressed when the "their" character finally catches the attention of his or her love interest, or if the character hooks up with someone of whom they disapprove.... >__>

...Anyway, Seol-a's flaring jealousy seems consistent with the rest of her temperament (e.g., getting into (verbal) fights with her brother and Jin-ho, etc.). I think Seol-a's tendency to get easily carried off on the tide of her emotions is a flaw Ssamba's illustrated well and often. However, that fiery side of her also seems to be why we're betting on her to make the first move.

Yeah, so, I think she's bold and fiery and wants to stake a claim, but also keep in mind we're privy to her inner thoughts. I bet a lot of us would seem more extreme if our inner selves were front and center. In the "normal" panels, her actions seem normal (to me). ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Does anyone think Seol-A's overprotectiveness/possessiveness will be possibly viewed as a flaw in later chapters?

What about Seol-a's behavior has been possessive or overprotective? (Just curious.)

I've seen her jealous, curious, anxious... Mmm... No-rae projects the type of personality that invites a protective feeling, I think. Still, I haven't felt any of Seol-a's reactive feelings or actions to be particularly extreme for someone falling fast and hard for pretty much the first time (at least with some awareness). :?

last edited at Nov 8, 2015 8:48PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Ahh... ****sighs**** Paired with words, my overall impression is the same.

I thought that that flashback might involve No-rae learning about Seol-a already knowing about the ex. And I wasn't surprised that she did (over)react.

Jeez. Waiting for responses from No-rae requires such patience (which, ironically??, is not Seol-a's forte).

I feel like we've hit a bit of a (natural) stall in terms of the growth of their (not yet) romantic relationship. No-rae's got stuff to work through, and Sung-pyo, Seol-a or some combination of interactions is going to be the catalyst. I'm kinda hoping Seol-a's patience runs out and she funnels her nerves into some desperate move (but that's really just some random wish).

I ache for Seol-a because as bold as sge's been, she's still so vulnerable, in her feelings. No-rae's clearly the dominant presence in her mind, right now.

Major kudos to Ssamba. The words confirmed some of my detail hunches, but most of the chapter, feelings and content, was delivered without my being literate. Could've had squiggles instead of characters in the speech bubbles--except for the seen with the bro. Seeking an opening with an extra spot. That was a fluttering inducing moment.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Chapter 50 translation - http://pastebin.com/HT0p815Q

Thanks, Halmoni!

Time. To. Read!!