Forum › Posts by june-monkey

june-monkey
Rfrf
joined May 31, 2013

from what i remember, in the anime at least, was that for the strap to be considered a "relic," the person has to be dead (haru never died after all)

so i assumed that when sumireko took it, it's because she wants mahiru/shinya to kill her -> while also getting stronger in the meantime -> while also getting mahiru to hate her. i doubt she'd just let herself die too

maybe i'm overthinking this, made more sense in my head

june-monkey
Image Comments 28 Jan 17:42
Rfrf
joined May 31, 2013
Tumblr_oimd6l8bmy1u42cnpo1_1280

three things:
1) damn, i love cocona's eyebrows
2) papika's pubes in the first pic huehue
3) ... aren't they... like... 14 or something. i coulda sworn they were middle schoolers

Rfrf
joined May 31, 2013

i still don't know if i like this or not... i don't even know what i'm confused about

june-monkey
Rfrf
joined May 31, 2013

i mean... i kinda liked it. i dunno, maybe it was the body horror lol

june-monkey
Rfrf
joined May 31, 2013

only logs on to favorite this then logs back off

june-monkey
RRR discussion 25 Jun 11:30
Rfrf
joined May 31, 2013

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/rrr#10

what the fuck kind of arm is that

Rfrf
joined May 31, 2013

/never watched or read up on this series, only knows these characters from the doujin i've seen, didn't understand what the calendar was for until the end of the story/

/chokes up/ o-oh...

Rfrf
joined May 31, 2013

everyone talking about how the title almost stopped them from reading this, but i only glanced at the tags and decided to go for this one. it wasn't until i read the discussion that i noticed how weird the title was.

"huh, diaper tag...?"

Rfrf
joined May 31, 2013

the movies are just pretty, abridged versions of the tv series, so they had to cut things like mami's character development. stick to the series, wait a day or so to chill, then watch the movies. ovas aren't really necessary unless you want to test yourself on what they added in/shortened.

you'll probably get really into makoda magica anyway- that the bluray and movies won't seem like enough by the time you're done with them.

june-monkey
Rfrf
joined May 31, 2013

I don't understand why some people find AnR boring. The characters are actually interesting and different than the usual pretty and nice girl stereotype.

I think that's because maybe the yuri fans wanted more yuri, and never really got something very yuri (?). And the action fans simply didn't like it because it was all girls cast

manga-wise, i think it's mostly because of how slow the yuri is. there's flirting here and there but seeing a kiss isn't up until the 28th chapter -- aka. the 4th volume. because really, a lot of us have seen slow burn het. slow burn yuri is actually uncommon, from what i've heard of. and boring for people who think it would be "edgy" to watch/read a yuri other than strawberry panic.

some people will go straight for the anime, but it's not really "yuri." most of the yuri aspect of it was cut out (the girls didn't really flirt in the anime -- ex: Banba and Sumireko -- until the OVA, but fan service) and instead, it became more shoujo-ai. boring.

as for action, i think it had less to do with that and more to do with the fact that """fans""" probs didn't like that the only male characters were a boring teacher and a creepy dice man that wouldn't make a harem to rival naruto tbh

last edited at May 8, 2016 8:41PM

june-monkey
Rfrf
joined May 31, 2013

i gave up after four episodes of volume 3, but i still watched it to see more of my favorite character (weiss, even though her character is arguably the most butchered after vol. 1) and just so i can read fanfic here and there if there's nothing else to do. and reading the rwde tag on tumblr, that's always a lot of fun

it got kind of better in the later episodes, and i LOVED the dark turn of the show, but... everyone else didn't? if anything, it made the show worth while in my opinion.

regarding romance, they really should have left that out until WAAAY later on and let the fans do their shipping wars instead of queer-baiting everyone with false hope of yang and blake getting together (i don't even ship these two), then having sun show up... not cool rooster teeth... but what else do you expect when you have two grown guys writing the show about teenage girls. sigh.

seriously, can they just kill off jaune already?

last edited at May 8, 2016 8:37PM

june-monkey
Introduce Yourself..? 24 Aug 10:07
Rfrf
joined May 31, 2013

Sigh, I'll explain it a bit better since demisexual isn't something most people get right anyway.

Demisexual means that you are SEXUALLY attracted to someone after a bond has been formed. A "bond" isn't anything special, it's just made once you start to tell your partner anything and everything and, most importantly, are IN A RELATIONSHIP with them. Comfortable, happy, safe is best way I can describe it from my previous relationship.

It's not like masturbating to your celebrity crush, since you don't know anything about them nor vise versa. Chances are you'll never talk to them so you don't even try.

If I were to think of something sexual about my crush at this moment, say: doing naughty things in the freezer at work, I wouldn't feel anything since I like them for more aesthetic purposes. Heck, just thinking about doing things with any of my crushes or friends leaves a nasty feeling in my stomach. It's like there's an invisible wall that's stopping me from pursuing those thoughts.

This does not mean demiROMANTIC, which is the common definition of "emotionally involved," since this will breed the most common answer of: "Then isn't EVERYONE demisexual???"

I might as well add that I can still get aroused, just not from scenarios involving me. Like most of the NSFW stuff on this site; I'll get all sweaty and dry-throated any day.

last edited at Aug 24, 2015 10:09AM

june-monkey
Introduce Yourself..? 23 Aug 21:40
Rfrf
joined May 31, 2013

Eh, seems a little late to introduce myself but:

I'm june-monkey. Which I don't understand why I chose that username when I wasn't even born in June, nor is my favorite animal a monkey. It never was.

I'm female.

I live in the US.

Demi-bisexual with a stronger preference for girls. Was once in an online relationship that lasted about 6-7 months with another girl.

Found out I liked yuri when I watched Zero no Tsukaima (season 3 episode 6, if I remember correctly). Het is something I can tolerate in stories/fanfic, but I have no interest in yaoi (no problem with gays though, yaoi's just not for me).

I write fanfic and my own stories but I've never published them online.

I draw sometimes, but it's not something I'm going to major in sadly.

I love any color in the purple-indigo-blue spectrum.

I don't know what I want to do in life, but I might go into medical (debating).

Rfrf
joined May 31, 2013

That title just screams ~gal pals~

june-monkey
Rfrf
joined May 31, 2013

Okay guys, why hasn't anyone considered she's Demisexual?

That's whAT I SAID.

Though it's not a popular sexuality to begin with. She could be demi-romantic.

june-monkey
Rfrf
joined May 31, 2013

Could be ace, could be demi. (in either the sexual or romantic way)

Because really, the senpai hasn't done much to actually make the girl like her. Of course a kiss out of nowhere isn't going to make her like the senpai any more or less (okay maybe less).

"I like you." "Okay." "I'll make you fall in love with me." "Okay."

Like?? At least try forming some sort of bond with the poor girl first before hopping onto the "love" train, geez.

((I just hope this doesn't end with the girl being """"fixed"""" with everyone being oh-so-happy that the girl was "cured/tamed".))

last edited at Jul 31, 2015 9:38AM

june-monkey
Rfrf
joined May 31, 2013

I hope the anime gets some of the better scenes from the manga (shovel-girl's "small" dilemma, maybe a flashback with the mall, when they leave the school), things are already lopsided regarding the dog and the teacher in the anime...

I was so confused...

and this is more of a personal thing, but i love the look in their eyes when they lost all hope

june-monkey
Rfrf
joined May 31, 2013

if this was a male protagonist harem I wouldn't read it but everything changes when its yuri.
does this make me a shallow person?

Dude, there's plenty of male harem, so of course it's annoying and overused. ((cough cough, have you seen the naruto fanfiction))

But yuri??? When there's not as much as male harem in the world??? With nice art??? Yeah, you're fine

june-monkey
Magan&Danai discussion 16 Jun 22:18
Rfrf
joined May 31, 2013

Heh... it's cute, I'll give it that, but... abusive? I mean, there's a fine line between getting back at someone and seriously hurting them... (cough cough, chapter 1, second page).

Sigh, at least there are very cute moments in here, though I wish I didn't have to cringe every time the brunette got slapped or hurt

Rfrf
joined May 31, 2013

I have trouble comprehending how someone could have mistaken an eye mask for glasses. Last I checked, people with glasses still see color, and those glasses were red, not blue.

Nonetheless, it's still cute and I'm glad to see the mask back.

Rfrf
joined May 31, 2013

Eh, it would have been better if they didn't mention "rape" every damn page. Made me a bit uncomfortable, but otherwise it was okay.

Rfrf
joined May 31, 2013

... You know, I've surprisingly read worse.

Not saying this wasn't disgusting - because it was - but there's worse out there.

june-monkey
Fragtime discussion 24 Sep 15:33
Rfrf
joined May 31, 2013

D'awwwww! What a cutie. Gettin' revenge on a cheating bastard. Adorable.

june-monkey
Rfrf
joined May 31, 2013

That made me blush even though it wasn't directed towards me.

Rfrf
joined May 31, 2013

Those last few pages...that made everything worth the wait.