Forum › Posts by celeste

celeste
Tumblr_newo1nnh0a1r6wz1so1_500
joined May 2, 2013

Mirroring the site has been a nightmare, the most problematic stuff are the limits per day of downloading chapters, once I reach the limits, I just start to get useless html files, worthless as a bad five nights at freddys fangame, so, I was just wondering what are the dangers of disabling the limits and if you could please disable them, at least until I get the mirror done.......Please? :(

joined May 2, 2013

So, if you clicked the post with the silliest title on your page, then it means that you are willing to read something as sillier, then prepare yourself for this.

A few months ago I think, I started a post about storing the whole site into the Wayback Machine, unfortunately it turned to be slow, tedious and not very efficent as from time to time, some links just went "NOPE" and started to stop working one by one, all the hard work (and by that i mean point and clicking for hours) was gone within days, so it got me thinking, was there any easier and efficient way of making sure that all the delicious content here stays safe for all eternity? YES THERE IS ONE! :D Mirroring the site now i know what you are thinking, why the hell i would keep on going with this right? i mean theres other things to do besides caring about future generations of enjoying the yuri that we enjoy today....like, drinking water right? and breathing air, but what im trying to say in my whole rantling is that. I need your permission people, I need the uploaders moderators and the staff to aprove this cause maybe you guys think that this is stupid, and it is, but, come on is better to prevent that crying later right?, yeah only the chapters themselfs. excluding the forums, tags authors pairings and scanlators cause if i were to include those, hell, i will be finishing this in 2020 (with luck, which i dont have)

Now i do have began and i have quite the progress made, but i can stop at any time if you guys (the staff) want me to cause i can understand that you dont like random person to mirror your site without permission right? so let me know ok? ok :)

PROGRESS 15/05/2015

I can stop the download, shutting down and coming back again to resume it, thats a given at least.

last edited at May 15, 2015 3:46AM

celeste
joined May 2, 2013

Very nice read, but it almost ruined it for me with that last line "I like you"... jeez at least say "I love you" or something more powerful than just i like you xD, but it was good nonetheless.

last edited at May 7, 2015 10:15PM

joined May 2, 2013

Welp, I was thinking, and its WAY more reliable to upload everything to the Internet Archive than making a Torrent, cause, I dont got people to keep it working anyway so, thats that, so far I have successfully uploaded all the works from 2003 to 2007 more than 700 chapters in there so quite a hard work, keeping in mind that There are exactly 12,254 chapters/oneshots/doujins in the site so, maybe not quite relevant after all, maybe in three more days I can get everything uploaded, hey sometimes you gotta step in and do what is right, right? in this case, the right thing to do is preserving the Yuri goodness for all eternity cause those mangas aint gonna go anywhere now that they are storaged, so thats a relief, if you want (which I highly doubt) you can help me out a little, just grab all the works from 2010-2012 and puch them into the wayback machine, because I COULD REALLY USE SOME HELP HERE xD but hey, is not for everybody after all, ummm ill keep you posted if I finish before time ok? Ce-celeste out...

By the way, Dynasty Reader of 2010 is cute as hell x3

last edited at Apr 3, 2015 10:46PM

joined May 2, 2013

Well...Yeah xD come on it can be that much- HOOOOLY CRAP, ok, ok we can make this work out ummm j-just go here, we can talk about this in real time cause this is a pain (if you want to continue though) http://us19.chatzy.com/86162850071326

joined May 2, 2013

Ok last post, lets set things clear, Im gonna download everything from 2003 to 2010 and you from 2010-2015 ok? does that sounds good? if you want we can make it the other way around, one last question though and I think this is gonna make look like the biggest dumbass youll ever know but....the torrent can be made out of files on the internet right? I mean, you dont have to download the file you want in order to storage it in the torrent? just that little question, and im good to go, we, whatever xD

joined May 2, 2013

Ye know what? dont trouble yourself with that, im gonna download EVERYTHING in here starting right now, you can do the other part, i mean making the torrent cause with my internet, its gonna take me 10 years, im not kidding, so let me all to me...wait, if im going to do that then may as well upload everything right away to the WB...but wait wasnt that the problem in the first place? AGH!!

joined May 2, 2013

OH IM UP FOR IT DAMN IT! that hug really helped me out by the way, just a little bit of virtual love doesnt harm every once in a while, well I better start working then, I have 4 days straight of doing total nothingness so my schedule is free I guess xD lets save Dynasty Reader for future generations!

So... you want my help or not?

Yes please! no way im doing this alone xD you said your drive was a mess right? then we need to strat from zero or...or what

joined May 2, 2013

hugs very tightly

There there.

First off, while I'm not going to speak for the whole site, I don't think anyone minds you going ahead with this, there are already incomplete versions of the site on TWM from years ago (of course if you're no longer up for it there is no harm). Second, there's nowhere near 10 terabytes of content. That's a crazy, crazy figure. The lack of a torrent is a simple matter of work > benefit, as the admins don't believe there is enough interest for the work involved in putting one together.

Well a torrent would probably be a lot better and easier, I could help if you decide to make one celeste, I'm planning to redownload everything here on Dynasty since my drive is a mess and it would be too much trouble to try find everything I already downloaded...

And thank Madokami-sama it's not even near 10 terabytes, when celeste said that I was like this

OH IM UP FOR IT DAMN IT! that hug really helped me out by the way, just a little bit of virtual love doesnt harm every once in a while, well I better start working then, I have 4 days straight of doing total nothingness so my schedule is free I guess xD lets save Dynasty Reader for future generations!

joined May 2, 2013

I have over 12 GB of mangas on my drive. Downloaded almost everything from my lists and shitloads of non-translated stuff... Good luck, it's a pain :D

I have over 12 GB only of Touhou, have almost everything from Dysnaty until 2013, but I need to download everything uploaded since 2014, a lot from other places, and a lot more that need to be downloaded, "it's a pain" is not enough to describe it...

Could you explain to me what exactly you want to do celeste? I'm kind of curious about it...

You know what? I think I just screwed myself for all eternity c: I thought uploading the pages to the Internet Archive was no problem, 2 hours ago I was like "HEY NO PROBLM BRA! THIS IS TOOEASY4ME" And now...Things are not that easy, this can take me rougly 2 months, of nonestopping/eating/sleeping uploading manga by manga by manga by manga cause even uploading the page of a series WONT upload you the chapters at once, ITS JUST WONT, IS NOT GONNA HAPPEN! and I wanted to do it because I really love this site and all the people in it c: I know ive been saying it for the past three years but man, and im really afraid that one day all of this yuri goodness will be gone, and I KNOW i was a doble dumbass for thinking it was gonna be that easy...And now, the only thing I can think off is that the staff here. can make a batch of all the mangas in here, but last time I checked, they said the site was over 10 terabytes of content, and even I deleting all my worthless stuff here cant storage that...*sigh* you know what? I need a hug, a really loooong hug, I think im gonna get sick.

last edited at Apr 3, 2015 12:04AM

joined May 2, 2013

Dynasty Reader is were all the yuri goodness ends up, and even the works that are not entirely yuri but they are fun to read (Hayate X Blade and Saki for example) ends up here too, I think is time we make sure to preserve all of this hard work, the legacy of all the scanlators here represented by the hundreds of thousands of mangas cant be forgotten! and the original authors too of course xD so, im gonna try to storage all this in the internet archive, it cant be that hard, I dont need to save one by one after all, what do you think staff, moderators, uploaders?

joined May 2, 2013

Mmm...Im guessing that the three "chapters" are the same oneshot right? I prefer to think they were just separated thank you very much xD meh, it was ok I guess, pretty generic at this point but its not like it was bad either, theres a few images of these three on the authors blog too so thats kinda nice.

last edited at Apr 2, 2015 4:52PM

joined May 2, 2013

What is this? ULTIMATE SURRENDER!?...the credits page totally cracked me up too, and the self-promoting on page 10, GENIUS! xD

celeste
Lemonade discussion 29 Mar 21:31
joined May 2, 2013

Well, the last chapter was added when the manga was being re-released, thats why the art suddenly seems to have improved a little bit and the ending feels soooo rushed, NONETHELESS! this series was pretty awesome overall, I really enjoyed the characters like Pikari xD and the DEEEEEEEENSENESS of both Keita and Maki, and even though the final chapter (23) was added six years after the series ended! it was originally planned to be there according to that extra page on chapter 23, kinda like a directors cut for the re-release of 2012, Overall, I think is a little gem on the Reader :)

joined May 2, 2013

Mmmm, im not trusting this one! at least for now, hoping the drama dont evolve around the guy.

EDIT 1: That credits page made my day xD

last edited at Mar 29, 2015 2:23AM

joined May 2, 2013

There are a few works from this author that arent an orgy fest, this one is just soooooooooooooo different from all his other work, its sweet with a very subtle romance and the members of the science club made me laugh a lot! , just the best man xD this might be the BEST oneshot of all Dynasty Reader.

last edited at Mar 29, 2015 1:29AM

joined May 2, 2013

That was nice and short c:

joined May 2, 2013

Came back to read this one again...Geez im such a douchebag...

celeste
joined May 2, 2013

Donuts uh?...There are a few in my fridge right now actually, MUST BE DESTINY!!

celeste
joined May 2, 2013

This kinda ruined the doujin for me. But the doujin overall is cute doe

Huh? Wait, Maki's stupid-cute smile ruined the doujin..?

It's just because it reminds of that f_cked up movie "Smile".... like, seriously

You mean "Smiley"? that horror movie?..........Now that you mention it I didnt really thought about it xD just a minor detail, ignore it.

celeste
joined May 2, 2013

And yet, I think im the responsable of this one, I suggested this to the staff and...From what I can see they accepted it xD that or it was already here before I made the suggestion, nonetheless, I liked this shit, John is one twisted motherf*cker.

celeste
traeH discussion 26 Mar 21:06
joined May 2, 2013

This and its sequel, are one of THE BEST STOHSENO EVER!...See what I did there? xD

celeste
perfume discussion 25 Mar 20:15
joined May 2, 2013

It wasnt bad, I kinda liked it, even though I know NOTHING about Touhou.

celeste
Baba-yaga discussion 24 Mar 20:56
joined May 2, 2013

At least its not cancelled, its been complete for a while now, we just have to wait until someone picks up the manga again to translate the rest of the chapters...*Takes a sip of wine* I HOPE!...Its been 6 fucking years after all...

joined May 2, 2013

Fantastic story! I dont know why it didn't got much attention though, kinda sad cause its definitely worth checking.