Forum › Posts by Nihongo Wakarahen

joined Mar 14, 2013

The author seems to be impling that Akiho is totally overreacting to Fuuka's situation, because of some humorous misunderstanding, but other than getting the neighbors' genders mixed up, she is dead on. It might be my overactive inner social justice warrior talking but it seems to imply that It's no big deal, that Fuuka is being sexually harassed because it's women doing it.

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, the whole premise of this manga is a woman being sexually harassed by anothe woman is comedy gold.

the whole premise of romcoms often toes the line between 'this is a bunch of humourous situations also romance' and 'sexual harrasment is hilarious' imho

joined Mar 14, 2013

I finally get it the girl has the same "problem" as the girl in this manga
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/social_anxiety_vs_yuri
I wonder if they are related somehow

oh shit! Someone's actually scanlating this? Hell yeah. I have a physical of the latest vol but I never found the originals. Bless you!

joined Mar 14, 2013

Those clothes were simply horrible. And this is coming from someone whose wardrobe mostly consists of loose casual clothing. Sakurako should never be allowed to choose clothes for other people.

Oh, this is so great! Also, this just gives more evidence towards my hypothesis that Sakurako is the gayest name ever (what between Futaribeya, Tadokoro-san and this).

Don't forget Yuru Yuri.

i mean, sakurako did think the clothes were cute, but nakano chose her own clothes

joined Mar 14, 2013

Hey, Jintor? Don't know if you're still reading this thread, but you misspelled "ostracize(d)" as "ostrasize(d)" in Chapter 2, pages 6 and 7.

Thank you, like a fool I assumed this was a britishism I had that I was ready to defend to the death, but apparently this is just a common misspelling and I will correct it sooner or later

joined Mar 14, 2013

Hm, subpar consent again in ch3, but ch4 was looking fucking good. It's definitely heading the polyamory direction I think, if they don't keep having shitty consent that makes me feel kinda uncomfortable I forsee being very happy with this overall.

Just one more major chapter to be unhappy with and that should die down mostly, I promise!

Nihongo Wakarahen
joined Mar 14, 2013

Nana to kaoru isn't yuri but it sure as fuck is BDSM. Good BDSM too... I think.

Anyway, double chapters on next upload. Should be in a day or two.

last edited at Feb 1, 2020 9:52PM

joined Mar 14, 2013

Anyway, given a 'dubious consent' tag doesn't exist, is that something I can just... suggest in the upload notes, or...?

joined Mar 14, 2013

jintor posted:

I'm definitely not entirely comfortable with this chapter, but I'll stick around for a while, hopefully it gets better

I'll be blunt, the low point for this kinda stuff is probably chapter 5 and then it gets less overtly aggressive from that point on. I'm thinking of releasing double chapters to blunt the impact slightly, if possible.

I don't think it's gonna help avoid the complains but I'll stick with it until the end! if anything, just use a tag like dubious consent or a warning page at the start, and if they read it anyway and get mad, that's on them.

Of course, I get it, it's more beautiful when everything works out mutually, but if it isn't the case and you're fully aware you just have to make a choice.

God I wish Dynasty used consent tags more consistently I'm real tired of being blindsided with rape scenes.

If there is a rape scene, it's generally tag as such you know. Here it's just that MC is guillable and the two neighboors are playing on it. They're just more aggresive (and lesbians) version of Hino-san.

Usually only if it's violent rape rather than that Japanese trope where the character is visibly distressed and keeps saying no but I'm expected to interpret that as her being coy.

Consent is sexy I wish they didn't always have people say 'no' over and over ugh.

I wonder if that's an 'actual japanese culture is this way in regards to being in sexually charged situations' thing or just a 'japanese media is this way' thing (probably both)

joined Mar 14, 2013

I'm definitely not entirely comfortable with this chapter, but I'll stick around for a while, hopefully it gets better

I'll be blunt, the low point for this kinda stuff is probably chapter 5 and then it gets less overtly aggressive from that point on. I'm thinking of releasing double chapters to blunt the impact slightly, if possible.

joined Mar 14, 2013

Little more pressure-y than I'd like, she's clearly interested, I'd prefer if that was explored more than just the other one practically guilt-tripping her into a makeout. Whatever, it wasn't very long, I imagine it'll be shown more later.

Yeah, it was less seduction and more tricking an idiot with no social skills which isn't particularly sexy.

In the interests of transparency, one of the advertising catches in the magazine version describes Nakano as 淳朴 (じゅんぼく) すぎる or overly naive, rustic, honest. So there definitely is a thread of Nakano kind of being in the middle of these situations often out of naivety.

In the interests of keeping an audience for Sasaki-senpai's great work I can say that it does explore what Nakano actually wants more. But it is at heart a romcom, so, you know, be prepared for a romcom protagonist except they're a cute girl with other cute girls

And it is polyamory? She ends up with both of them? Please?

I neither confirm nor deny these imputations. This interview is over! Knocks over a chair, leaves

joined Mar 14, 2013

Little more pressure-y than I'd like, she's clearly interested, I'd prefer if that was explored more than just the other one practically guilt-tripping her into a makeout. Whatever, it wasn't very long, I imagine it'll be shown more later.

Yeah, it was less seduction and more tricking an idiot with no social skills which isn't particularly sexy.

In the interests of transparency, one of the advertising catches in the magazine version describes Nakano as 淳朴 (じゅんぼく) すぎる or overly naive, rustic, honest. So there definitely is a thread of Nakano kind of being in the middle of these situations often out of naivety.

In the interests of keeping an audience for Sasaki-senpai's great work I can say that it does explore what Nakano actually wants more. But it is at heart a romcom, so, you know, be prepared for a romcom protagonist except they're a cute girl with other cute girls

Nihongo Wakarahen
joined Mar 14, 2013

hrghhh... that last story...

joined Mar 14, 2013

adult life tag means i like this

Nihongo Wakarahen
joined Mar 14, 2013

Sorry, when fixing uploads on Dynasty, do I need to resubmit via the upload button through the user profile, or do I simply post here and link to the upload? Do I need to resubmit the whole thing or only the affected pages?

joined Mar 14, 2013

Suzuki senpai put the first chapter up on Twitter, and the first three raws are free on shonenjump+ - maybe one of those places?

Oh, so there are 3 chapters out already?

It's actually complete, in jpn, though the second volume isn't out in print yet

joined Mar 14, 2013

Really good read. Now I'm trying to figure out how I came across the raws before, considering I am rarely on Pixiv. Anyway, I like where this is going and I always enjoy the gag where someone's clothing reacts to things along with them.

Suzuki senpai put the first chapter up on Twitter, and the first three raws are free on shonenjump+ - maybe one of those places?

joined Mar 14, 2013

For those interested, there also seems to be what I think is a prequel comic revolving around those two carnivores on the artist's pixiv here: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/76995862#manga

Oh hell yes. This is definitely them. I will add this to the list to translate later.

I have a TL if that's quicker: https://pastebin.com/kpwEdYF6

Oh fantastic. I'll still end up translating it again but probably just for practice.

Got a lot of chapters to go through first though

All praise senpai

joined Mar 14, 2013

Glad to see this getting a good reception, it's my first translation! Please let me know if there's more I should be doing (I'm not a very good cleaner unfortunately) cos this is a one-person show.

I'll try and get a chapter up a week - most chapters past this point are less than 10 pages, so it shouldn't be too difficult. I am using this to study though so it might be a bit delayed.

Hey, I've noticed some minor errors in your translation. Would you like me to post or message you some corrections?

Sure, is discord ok? As long as you can teach me how to interpret the jpn properly : )

joined Mar 14, 2013

For those interested, there also seems to be what I think is a prequel comic revolving around those two carnivores on the artist's pixiv here: https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/76995862#manga

Oh hell yes. This is definitely them. I will add this to the list to translate later.

joined Mar 14, 2013

Glad to see this getting a good reception, it's my first translation! Please let me know if there's more I should be doing (I'm not a very good cleaner unfortunately) cos this is a one-person show.

I'll try and get a chapter up a week - most chapters past this point are less than 10 pages, so it shouldn't be too difficult. I am using this to study though so it might be a bit delayed.

Nihongo Wakarahen
joined Mar 14, 2013

this is so pure... i'm crying like Yukari's dad

Nihongo Wakarahen
joined Mar 14, 2013

I would be deeply in favour of anything to speed up load times. It's not a great tablet reading experience because I can't flick through pages quickly without hitting the dreaded load bar.

Thanks for your hard work, I love this site.