joined Mar 9, 2013

Hiyama is doing her best.

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Ah it'll be here now as well? Good.

lt.tibbles
The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

I like this one alot. It's weird and interesting, but how is this a yuri again?

Egg and Shimeji have been like... dating for the entire length of the manga more or less. Occasionally we have to get reminded of that fact though.

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Oh, Oh My. Asumi really is the darling of the entire network huh.

As an aside, no threesome tag?

last edited at Oct 10, 2021 12:51PM

lt.tibbles
Earth Girls discussion 10 Aug 01:37
The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Where has Mira been?

Doing the usual. Yuri manga.

lt.tibbles
The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

And how can she charge her phone?

Well Micro USBs have been around since at least 2009 maybe earlier so it's not that much of a stretch. Plus most people I know carry their charging cable/adapter with them when they head out so it's not that much of a stretch for her to just have hers on hand.

last edited at Jul 26, 2021 3:01PM

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

These girls continue to need therapy.

lt.tibbles
School Zone discussion 11 Jul 13:49
The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

And I still have no idea why one of them hates the other so much! She's been waaay too mean for it to be something as dumb and simple as "You're better than me so I hate you" when the nicer twin is so openly friendly all the time, being so mean over just that would go beyond just pettiness.

Teenagers are nothing if not illogical emotional messes.

But to explain it's not just that Tsubaki is often seen as the more capable and better twin when compared to HIiragi, it's that Tsubaki doesn't see herself as worth anything and that feedbacks as unintentionally insulting to Hiiragi. To paraphrase Hiiragi it's "If you're useless what does that make me?"

Is it dumb and doesn't make sense? Absolutely. Does that describe teenagers? Abso-fucking-lutely.

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Oh. My heart.

lt.tibbles
The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Take what time you need.

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

will you also deny that strawberry panic ripped everything from marimite? the difference between yagakimi and strawberry panic is that yagakimi isn't a soap opera and is actually good (seriously, i tried to rewatch it a while back and couldn't get through even half of it).

Strawberry Panic was pretty much a methodical parody of Marimite, not a ripoff of it.

I still don't see much evidence for the overall thesis you're putting forth. The play in Yagakimi had a very specific function in the plot and in the dynamic of the characters. The movie here just seems to be the occasion for getting this group of characters together (and I can think of a half dozen other manga that have had some kind of play/movie/performance as the instrument for allowing the various characters to interact).

Honestly? Hajime's desire to make a movie reminds me more of Kumiko's growing antipathy towards music at the start of Euphonium and her eventual realization that, yes, she does in fact still love music and the euphonium. Yagakimi's play was never about the play but about Touko realizing that yes she deserves a life outside of pretending to be her sister. That she can have her own dreams and desires.

Hajime isn't making a movie for someone else, she making a movie to make a movie. Because she enjoys film. And while she was finally pushed over the edge because of a pretty girl, her love of film is something that is truly hers and not something that is given to her.

Honestly you could make a better argument for similarities between this manga and Revue Starlight.

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

new tropes have definitely been codified.

Honestly I don't think this is true at all. Bloom Into You is a well written and deep series but it doesn't do anything thematically that other series haven't done in the past. What it does is tie a lot of those preexisting themes together and does them well in the span of a single narrative. This is not a bad thing, stories do not need to be unique to be good and/or enjoyable. Indeed, they don't even need to be well executed either.

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Why are we still here...

JUST TO SUFFER?!

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Aight, how much of a dumpster fire are we expecting?

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Ah.

I see.

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

The artist forgot to update the time on the clock!

That's probably because it's broken and they haven't noticed.

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

My god, what a fucking twisty twist.

lt.tibbles
The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Chapter/Volume 1 has been here as a standalone work for ages, it's only now that the rest of it is being uploaded.

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Years later and I still love these two dorks.

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Huh, for some reason the chapters are linking out of order.

It goes 11 -> 13 -> 12 -> 14

lt.tibbles
Image Comments 08 May 22:53
The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013
Exo7mgsueaavkj0-orig

It's a good show, highly recommended.

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Ah, looks like they've uploaded most of the chapters, though chapter 52 seems to be missing currently.

It is however on Mangadex so it's not too much of a problem.

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

The Queen Returns.