Forum › Posts by elevown

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^ I agree - tho not my childhood- im too old for that - but i was in my 20's when i started reading it- so 'young'-ish, and by now, in my early 50's, i'd class as 'old'-ish lol.

Miss Sunflower and Matsuri are 2 of my all time fav yuri characters and the wonderful art and 'feel' of the manga are unique.

The sadness hit me again when I saw my email notification from Dynasty for miss sunflower 107 [end].. that I wont get any more :(

p.s I always thought if we ever found out miss sunflowers real name it would seem odd and not fit her- but Shiori actually suits her very well imo. We have never heard her surname right? (I know kuroizato is her brothers pen name not surname).

p.p.s I wonder what Kanji Shiori uses? Im gona guess its the one that can be read as 'bookmark'.

last edited at Oct 30, 2022 8:10PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Wow- i got all emotional on finishing this series- i've been reading of for so long- like half my life! I kinda can't believe it's over!

It was a wonderful series - and ended more or less how I thought it would- but even more satisfying! I expected Matsuri would start working there- but I DIDNT guess we'd Miss sunflowers name, or that Shiori would invite Matsuri to live with her once she graduated!

Thats such a huge deal for miss sunflower- I can't see it as anything but a life long commitment between the 2- wether it develops romantically or not - tho i also can't see it NOT going toward romance, however slowly- just give it 2-5 more years :)

Many thanks indeed to all the people involed over the years for bringing us this.

last edited at Oct 30, 2022 7:50PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

This has potential… to be a success or a minefield. I’m interested to see how cosplay is tolerated over there.

Japan is the birthplace and home of cosplay - it is far more common there than anywhere else!
Tho im sure none otaku still sometimes look down on adults who still do it, most of the time i doubt its a big deal.

@Pyoro Im fairly sure its been all drawn in an art package like manga studio etc, it does give it a slight stiff look, tho I personally still like the art. Maybe its the thicker than average outlines?

last edited at Oct 30, 2022 11:08AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

OMG - a HUGE ass spider like that, so close and on the only door to escape? I'd have ptsd for sure too!

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I'm reminded of that BDSM lolicon manga by Nanatsu Fuji.

This could become quite hot.

That was was quite perverted for that fact it was ALL tease! I hope this one is less pervy but we get more real yuri action!

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Wow- I hope this takes off- its really good- please give me 3-5 volumes of them!

I wonder if the older lady will stay supporting the new girl making her outfits, or will she start cosplaying again?

Is that what the story will be besides romance- (I assume) - the older woman finding her 'love' of herself/the world again and starting cosplay again by the end?

Also- age gap :)

last edited at Oct 29, 2022 10:37AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

So Kasumi is actually thinking about if she wants to just be friends or be more? Wow..
Tbh it could go either way with this manga- tho I feel if she says she is fine as they are, i'd find it rather unsatifying.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Not normally a furry fan (no hate, just not my thing) but this was really friggen cute.

Same. It's a demerit a story has to overcome for me, not a deal breaker- just something Im not into- but this was very cute and I look forward to reading more - also i like the art style.

last edited at Oct 27, 2022 9:15AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

The mask obviously has meaning but im not sure i quite get it.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Tarakanovichhf-1584265840098037760-img1

Wow- First KiGO - I totally loved this ship back in the day- there is quite a lot of VERY good fanfic for it.
@GrimEater Yup I think so. Or at least would be smart enough to lean into it enough to make it 'possible'.

last edited at Oct 25, 2022 2:06AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I love that we still get the odd extra chapter, and that they show us them in ways they couldnt in the series :)

I wonder if their familes know they are a couple yet? It's never mentioned telling them right?

last edited at Oct 23, 2022 7:49AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Benevolepwd-1499671711448502273-img1

^Yeah I think so- or even rooftop

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Benevolepwd-1499671711448502273-img1

Very nice pic :)
^ Is it a bridge? That was my first thought but it looks like its about 5 stories up- thats way too high for a regular bridge over roads you often see in anime. It could also be an outside walkway/balcony thingy on a block of flats?

last edited at Oct 22, 2022 6:08AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Im glad it looks like she is a comedic addition and maybe a nudge rather than some actual love rival.

p.s Those tests dont have to be symmetrical do they? I though that was just due to the method they used to use to produce the images. I dont think the symmetricality has baring on the results.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Having to do each day over so many times would totally suck! And I think it would be nearly impossible to keep straight what happened on what day- you'd be a mess and always confused about the past- im posititve it would stand out to everyone else.

Its a really interesting idea for a story tho and im curious to see where it goes - just super glad i dont have to live it lol.

last edited at Oct 21, 2022 10:54AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

They were very sweet - but suggesting living together the next pannel after confessing lol. Thats too fast even for yuri!
Strange how most yuri is too fast or way too slow.

last edited at Oct 21, 2022 9:14AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^^I dont think it counts as kabedon when its threatening like that lol

last edited at Oct 16, 2022 10:40PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Thanks for pointing that out- I kinda forgot music isnt just ancillary (like the cd shop) - but its core to both characters, and what the were bonding over- so it doubly makes sense to use music to get through to Aya in a way she will know how much it meant to Mitsuki too.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^I dont see how but thats your feels.
I think of all the many thousands of manga on this site, appology by singing probably has about 5 occurances.
That is NOT a common trope imo. I also would consider it romantic if someone did that for me, not cringy.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I feel like you could make up with her without learning guitar and singing a song.

She already knows the guitar- and she has a lot of trouble opening up with people and has never had a friend before- she obviously feels more comfortable singing it as a song.

You are right though ofcourse- the guitar bit isnt needed for most people.

Im glad I never had this issue- I play the drums and somehow I dont think that would convey much of anything lol.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Is this gonna turn out to be a dream? It hardly fits with the manga otherwise.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I'd guess she did already own an electric- or multiple- its not like we could see all her room or in her cuboards etc.
the uncle said 'you only ever got my second hand stuff'. That indicates he's give her multiple guitars- I doubt they'd ALL be accoustic. But a brand new one is a lot more exciting- and also she probably got the others years ago, and besides the acoustic a little, I guess she hasnt kept up on playing them, to the point her fingers softened.

last edited at Oct 13, 2022 10:47AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

The previously annoying guy and his redemption arc....I'M HERE FOR IT.

Does a person really need a redemption arc when it was the AUDIENCE who had the wrong impression?

Remember she called him jerkface in the manga - not us- for a good reason- he DID give a bad first impression- he tried to shmoose homework out of our girl and dissed her when he couldnt

Its not a big suprise that stuck- even tho its been getting obvious for a while he wasnt as shallow and self serving as he came across.

last edited at Oct 9, 2022 4:57PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Also what happened to her fingers? Is she biting them?

Nah, she started playing guitar. Remember a couple a chapters ago where her uncle bought her a guitar to cheer her up?

Not in the sense of learning it- not sure if you mean that or not. She's been playing guitars for years and already owned one or more- but this was her first brand new one, so i guess she really got into playing it.

last edited at Oct 9, 2022 3:57PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

About time she broke outa her dumb attempt to ignore the situation. Its always nice to see a yuri wingman- but I like the little detail to assure people he is no danger to the ship - that she cant even remember his name lol.