Forum › Posts by flowsthead

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I'm not sure why everyone here is on the Nanao train. Asumi liking sex and it being readily available with Nanao is like giving an addict her fix, but there was no indication of feelings from Asumi's side here.

There are definitely indications of feelings from Asumi's side, but she's hung up on her old crush. If she wasn't, she almost certainly would have made things official with Nanao by now, and that's why people are on the Nanao train. Embracing a healthy relationship directly in front of you is way, WAY healthier than continually dragging yourself to brothels in hopes of hunting down a rumor that a girl you once had a crush on might be one of the girls there.

Like the line, "at this point I'll go from having a friends with benefits to having a sugar mama" still implies that Nanao isn't really being seen as a partner, and more importantly Asumi isn't thinking about her feelings towards Nanao at all. Nothing has changed from chapter 16. If anything, the date chapter was at least more romantic than the context sex they're having.

Sure, but the point isn't that they are more romantically entangled, the point is that they should be, and they aren't because Asumi is so hung up on a fantasy of someone she knew years ago that she's ignoring a golden opportunity directly in front of her face. It's amusing, fairly human, leads to lots of sexy situations, and makes for a fun story, but it's definitely granite levels of stupidity on Asumi's part.

I don't disagree that Asumi has an unhealthy mindset towards Mai and finding her, but that's not what I'm talking about. I fundamentally disagree with this line:

Embracing a healthy relationship directly in front of you is way, WAY healthier than continually dragging yourself to brothels in hopes of hunting down a rumor that a girl you once had a crush on might be one of the girls there.

The implication seems to be that it's healthier because Nanao has feelings for her and their relationship isn't based on paying for sex, which sure, that is healthier. But the idea that because Nanao loves Asumi therefore Asumi should get into a relationship with Nanao, that feels toxic to me. Asumi doesn't owe Nanao feelings. And that's kind of my point, even if it is just because of an emotional hangup, that still means Asumi doesn't have feelings for Nanao. Being in a relationship with Nanao wouldn't be fair to either of them.

At the end of the day, even if Mai didn't exist, there is no indication that Asumi would choose Nanao. Of course, feelings could develop later, adults don't get into relationships with each other having equal feelings at the start necessarily, but that also means there is no guarantee that feelings will develop. They're being really intimate, and Asumi is still thinking brothels would indicate, if anything, that she has not become more emotionally vulnerable with Nanao.

To use a different manga as an example, Sorry but I'm Not Into Yuri, the main character in that is intimate with a number of different girls, but only two of them feel like she could have feelings for (one at the moment) whereas the others are purely sexual. Nanao is still in the purely sexual category for Asumi.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I'm not sure why everyone here is on the Nanao train. Asumi liking sex and it being readily available with Nanao is like giving an addict her fix, but there was no indication of feelings from Asumi's side here.

Like the line, "at this point I'll go from having a friends with benefits to having a sugar mama" still implies that Nanao isn't really being seen as a partner, and more importantly Asumi isn't thinking about her feelings towards Nanao at all. Nothing has changed from chapter 16. If anything, the date chapter was at least more romantic than the constant sex they're having.

last edited at Jan 29, 2024 2:01PM

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

im very curious what direction asumi-chan is going. Things are kinda happening in the way i assumed they would logically, but i didnt expect this to actually be the way it happened, unless the point of this is that asumi and mai are gonna meet once, and then mai is gonna get sent to tokyo as a way to progress that side of things while also drawing things out more?

idk about this direction, i do feel like introducing nanao, while positive in the short term, kinda went too far and is detracting from the entire idea of the lesbian brothel escapades the story was built around. Its kinda interesting though because asumi still doesnt seem like she really has fallen for nanao, or at least she hasnt fallen enough to stop caring about mai, even when literally nestled in nanaos boobs lol.

Yeah the MD comments were heavy on the fact that if Asumi had feelings for Nanao she wouldn't be feeling so out of place in this situation. I'm curious if the manga is heading towards a discussion of sex vs love. Nanao wants both from Asumi, and Asumi seems like she can only give the sex part, at least for now, that may change later.

I definitely wouldn't mind if the story took a turn and after meeting Mai they just become friends and get over each other and allow each other to be unburdened in dating other people. I think that would be an interesting way for the story to go, but nothing so far has convinced me that Asumi likes Nanao any more than she likes Sayaka, for example.

Also, I keep feeling like we're gonna get some backstory on her senpai and it never comes.

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Well I cried throughout the entire last chapter. That was beautiful.

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Aww I would've liked a new main story, but any time with these two cute idiots is a good time. Also, super surprised seeing the word fuck in this kind of manga, but not against it.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

i'm beginning to think that shou is neurodivergent. she has a special interest. she doesn't understand certain jokes. etc.

She might be neurodivergent, but I don't think these last few chapters are good evidence, since last chapter when she was with Umi's group they vibed really well. It's just a bad group dynamic. Not understanding certain jokes feels like a thing that happens to most people. When my friend from the East Coast went to college in Ohio it took him a long time, I think maybe over a year, to find people who would understand his type of east coast sarcasm and not just look at him confused.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Every chapter is just more and more evidence that Shou's group really sucks. I mean you could say that their energy levels are totally different and they don't vibe, but man are they pushy. They are not accommodating in the least.

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

And whatever was going on between them was for Shun to decide if it was ok or not, not for Yua. It's none of her business.

Going for an unexpected kiss with someone who does not consider you a lover or partner, while she's taken by surprise and doesn't know how to react, is not a healthy way to progress a relationship. And Shun's reaction at the end makes it clear that she didn't know what she wanted, even though she wasn't against it.

Besides, it's not like Yua forcibly separated them. If Shun really wanted to kiss, she could have ignored the interruption or continued after Yua left. That they chose not to makes it clear that the circumstances weren't great.

Just because Hinata could do it (as Shun didn't protest), doesn't mean that she should. "Proper steps" doesn't mean sticking to some dumb tradition, it means making each other's feelings clear so that both of them know what they want and expect, rather than rushing ahead without having had to time to figure things out. There is no doubt Shun is interested - but that doesn't mean it was the right time or approach.

Edit : I was going to add a comment that adult with relationship experience might have different circumstances... But actually, even then I don't really see a situation where kissing without having both people express their desire to do so would be a good idea. Not necessarily a disaster (if one is willing but hasn't expressed it), but not a very wise way to enter a relationship.

I wasn't saying that Hinata was in the right and that was a perfect situation. I was saying that it was none of Yua's business. If I see two people on what seems like a date after knowing that at least one of those is interested in the other, I would not automatically assume that the second person does not want to be kissed. It's not like Yua was following them on their date and knows everything about what Shun is feeling. She's not close to Shun.

I'm not arguing at all about whether Hinata did the right thing. That's a separate conversation. All I was arguing was that Yua is not involved and should butt out.

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

What the hell is Yua going on about "the proper steps"? Going on a date before you're dating is super normal. And whatever was going on between them was for Shun to decide if it was ok or not, not for Yua. It's none of her business.

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

She is an icon, she is a legend, and she is the moment!

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Hirose is so relatable to me right now. When you find out your rival in love is just a better person than you, that's the type of feeling that easily leads to self-loathing. Hopefully her friends will be aware enough to help her not get there.

I also like that Hirose knows everything that is going on, as is natural for the person outside of the situation, but it's unclear how much anyone else knows. I think Takamine and Sakura are aware of their own feelings for each other, but it's certainly debatable and not clear yet, but I doubt Takamine has any idea that Hirose liked her.

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

I know everyone hates Junko now, but damn if she isn't entertaining. This is always such a fire read because of her.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

This story goes way too fast

Yup. I like the premise, but the pacing was horrible this chapter.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Diana is cute and good intentioned, but I can't root for someone that after all this time still can't say her crushes name right nor makes any attempt to try. Like, Lapis makes a lot of effort to get to know Natori, even if in the beginning only to manipulate her. Diana has really only been receiving. Even this right here is an example of her not really interested in knowing what Natori wants, but more about competing with the person she views as her rival. Realistically, she's kind of a shitty suitor.

I've already read that Diana's mistake with Natori's name is not because she has a lack of desire to say her name correctly, but rather the difference in status, If you notice, the only people who got Natori's name wrong so far were people with low status, because for these people the pronunciation of Natori's name is complicated so they say "Natalie" unintentionally.

If that's the case then the author has done a bad job showing it. Like, even one short scene of Diana trying and failing to say it right and apologizing would at least go some way for that. I can be sympathetic to the idea that it is more difficult for those with less education to a point, but there's a difference between someone finding something difficult and someone not putting in any effort at all.

And as someone living in the US and born outside of it, I know my name is difficult to pronounce for Americans and give them leeway with that, not really expecting people to say it right. But I have different standards for an average person saying my name, like say the maids in earlier chapters, and someone that is romantically interested in me or even wants to be my friend.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Diana is cute and good intentioned, but I can't root for someone that after all this time still can't say her crushes name right nor makes any attempt to try. Like, Lapis makes a lot of effort to get to know Natori, even if in the beginning only to manipulate her. Diana has really only been receiving. Even this right here is an example of her not really interested in knowing what Natori wants, but more about competing with the person she views as her rival. Realistically, she's kind of a shitty suitor.

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Tsundere to violent proportions. Both so obviously obsessed with each other. I'm not even sure if they're making each other jealous on purpose or by accident, but it is hilarious.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Not only did the ending arc suck, but the last chapter was especially bad. All that heaven nonsense was total bullshit. Such a cute beginning too. What a disappointment.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

well, confirmation that her high school friend was indeed actually into Mei is like, I guess it's funny. Because like girl how do you fumble the bag so badly that you tell your crush you got a boyfriend who at this point I am starting to suspect doesn't exist and then Mei goes to college and is immediately hit on by FIVE women.

Like I hope you find happiness with someone because it's not going to be with Mei.

Maybe she does have a boyfriend? I found the whole thing confusing. Usually people in these kind of yuri stories will sometimes get a boyfriend to see if the person they like will be jealous, but like, since that happened right at the end of high school from the first chapter flashbacks it seems like that wouldn't be the best strategy. And if she doesn't have a boyfriend, then why was she weird about eating a crepe and dieting?

I'm so confused.

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

The way she got on top of her to check her temperature, that shit was instinctual. Girl has subconscious game.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Oooh I think this is leading to one of the only pre-manga images we haven't seen yet. If the concert image isn't a confession I think I'll wilt though.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

It feels like it's been literal years. Finally, a Yuzu perspective chapter.

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

This might be the chapter where I can feel the most gay from Shiori. Maybe I'm not remembering previous chapters as well, but the shoulder to shoulder moment felt so incredibly gay. Like that's such a teen of thing of being aware of the physical distance and inadvertent contact with a crush.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

With the suggestive ending in the previous chapter and the suggestive beginning of this one, I am surprised Lapis held back enough to not have her way with Natori. I was legit expecting Natori to have a bunch of hickeys all over her at least. Seems like they didn't even kiss.

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Koto, you devil, casually flirting up two girls like that.

flowsthead
X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Oooh we toxic now, baby. Bring on the drama!