Forum › Posts by Lizbo

Lizbo
Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

No mom helped today huh

She was all worn out from the previous instalments.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

[img]https://i.imgur.com/qzGqymD.jpg[/img]

I fixed the image markup, but I don't get it.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I'm really not sure how you'd get the sex of a cat wrong. They don't exactly try to hide it. :|

It can still be pretty hard. We once had some kittens that we named before finding out we got their genders wrong, meaning one of the girl cats ended up being named Jeff.

Which is why you should call them something like Subaru.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

For those of us who haven't read the original LN, this whole thread is one big spoiler. The worst part is, we're probably going to get the exact same discussion all over again when the stuff that's already been discussed actually comes up in the manga...

First chapter seems entertaining enough, looking forward to more physicist names, plot-summary titles are an abomination. That's all I have to say for now.

Lizbo
Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

From the other thread:

To allow users to use the Markdown Tutorial in an intuitive manner, this thread is being unlocked. Feel free to post here for that purpose. This thread will be routinely cleaned in the future. Please take questions to the Help thread, thank you.

This isn't a question as such, but I had some comments that I never got around to posting for some reason, until that post (un?)fortunately reminded me.

It says

You can just quote this post to see how it's made.

and again, at the bottom,

Repeating what I've already said, just click on quote to see how this post was made.

But actually, that's not possible while the thread is locked (as you may have noticed?). This isn't a complete disaster, since the original formatting tutorial can still be quoted, but it's a bit messy to have to go to another thread to get the same information, and it may not occur to people (especially newer users) that they can do that. If you don't want to unlock the thread permanently, then perhaps you could consider adding examples of what the markup actually looks like, as per anonymous's Cheat Sheet?

Anyway, while you're pondering that, there are a few things that could be clarified or added. First of all, it took me ages to figure out how to get this part to work:

Quotes may also be divided

By adding - between them

It kept coming out looking like this:

Quotes may also be divided

By adding - between them

...until I eventually figured out that there has to be a blank line before the minus sign. Note that this specific example is not in the original formatting tutorial, as it currently stands, so there is no quotable version if the new thread is locked.

A few omissions:
Strikethrough and bold italic are not mentioned.
There are alternative ways of doing Heading 1 and 2 by following them with = and - respectively, though it's probably not necessary to know that, considering that no one ever uses them in the first place...

Also, headings go up to level 6, not that 5 and 6 are much use for anything.

###And as I was previewing this I realised that it doesn't say that the # signs introducing header text need to be followed by a space, otherwise it comes out like this. I know there's a note saying that spaces are important, but it doesn't say much about where they should (or shouldn't) be included.

And finally, I discovered that you can add alt text for hyperlinks and images:

...an incredibly useful feature that it would be positively criminal to omit.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Does anyone know if this artist changed their name or anything? I tried checking out their twitter and pixiv but they were both inactive. I hope they're still drawing because I really liked their art.

Maybe they quit because their debut manga got axed? Which would be really disappointing, if true.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

You should always buy three copies of a book. One to read, one to keep, and one to rip apart, chuck on the scanner and upload to a file sharing site.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

A classic tale, but what's with the yaoi hands?

Yaoi hands AND weird long arms, lol. (No I will not shush about the arms!)

And let's not forget the occasional goldfish profiles.

Though what really prevented my from appreciating the story was that the clothes completely failed to evoke the historical period in which it was presumably set. And that wheely suitcase at the end was completely anachronistic. Bit of a homework failure, I'd say.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I moved Your Everything to this collection, but does anyone have any info on the remaining story?

Your Everything should come after Because You Showed Your Back to Me.

Also, "This Channel Has Nobody But Us" is a tag line, not the actual title. あなたと私の周波数 = Your and My Frequency.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Miss kuzuryu's favourite is violent

Hamsters are actually incredibly violent creatures, especially towards other hamsters. Never put two in the same cage!

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Shouldn't the doll-like German loli who just wanted to do karate from one of the author's previous series have tipped you off?

She was just a late bloomer, though. Nothing unrealistic about her still only being three feet tall at the age of 12...

Lizbo
SHY discussion 15 Apr 17:23
Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

wait...so was there any explanation as to why that guy suddenly sprouted wings or did i miss something?

He's a magic ninja. Pay attention!

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Breaking news! Manga is unrealistic—film at 11.

Curious how you never hear such complaints when it comes to 404: Men Not Found stories, or stories where every female character in the world is a lesbian... no?

There would be complaints in abundance if such a series dared to break from its initial premise, though. And that's the issue here: it's not that Koyuki's transformation is unrealistic per se, but that it seems out of place in a story which has avoided such flights of fancy up to this point.

Also, she's a teenage girl who apparently doesn't own a mirror. I mean, come on.

Lizbo
Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

This may have been suggested already, but here goes. A way to bookmark which chapter you're on for a series. If it alrwady exist, please tell me how do

Supposing (for the moment) that such a feature doesn't exist... I would probably just rely on my browser history for that (and have done, on occasion). If that's no good for you, how about making a custom list? Add the chapter to the list when you've read it, and there's your bookmark.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I recognized almost every cosplay!
Super Nico

Of the Cuteness is Justice League.
Who can forget those epic encounters with Mistress Makizptlk?

And.... No idea about the last one honestly.

Jessica from Dragon Quest.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

You can see clearly in one of the pages that it isnt "futa" in the sense of having both things.

[dubious - discuss]

Asshole.

is what that looks like to me.

There's more of the same on the artist's Pixiv, by the way, but nothing that clearly resolves the issue. But I'm happy either way, so it's fine.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Charlotte and Perrine misunderstood the instruction to wait in the hangar.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Well, that was fun, mostly. Shame we didn't get to see the Robot Dicks though. Maybe next time.

Couple of small gripes:

Because I happened to save this to my PC for some reason, I spotted that the colour pages are only 256 colours.

Also, was there any particular reason to omit the volume covers?

Lizbo
Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Lizbo posted:

Chika-chan's 〇〇 Won't Fit is attributed to the wrong artist. The correct details are:

Name: Mikan
Circle: Sakura Mikan Hoikuen
Pixiv: https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/49890562

We don't currently have a page for them AFAICT. (This is a different Mikan.)

Thanks, done.

Um... You've put the doujin under Mikage...

Lizbo
Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Chika-chan's 〇〇 Won't Fit is attributed to the wrong artist. The correct details are:

Name: Mikan
Circle: Sakura Mikan Hoikuen
Pixiv: https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/49890562

We don't currently have a page for them AFAICT. (This is a different Mikan.)

Lizbo
Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

...two different pages for the same person...

As it happens, I've noticed a few similar examples recently, and I'm in the middle of compiling a list that I intend to dump in this thread sometime within the next few days. Just saying that so no one else wastes their time on it.

Progress report: Slow. It turns out I keep falling down various rabbit holes, so rather than days, it might be weeks. Or I might post in instalments. I need to stop clicking on names just because they look interesting...

My preference in the long-term is to normalize as many names as possible, somewhere around here (all romanized):

pen name -> twitter name (if no pen name) -> twitter handle (if neither previous) -> Pixiv/Weibo/etc name. (if none previous)

OK, I think we're roughly on the same page here.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

This series was very... Mochi.

Lizbo
Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

Investigation still in progress, but in the meantime I have a question about something that came up along the way.

I've discovered that a lot of artists are listed here under things that aren't actually their pen names - for example, Twitter account names, or sometimes apparently random strings of characters. Or the names aren't romanised, for no obvious reason. Would it be a huge pain to change them to something more meaningful? (At a rough count, I've found about 20 examples so far.)

Lizbo
Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

^Posted here.

Lizbo
Haruka Aya discussion 10 Apr 19:43