Forum › Posts by TurboTime

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

That was really cute. Felt pretty bad for her, though.

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

I think we're coming up on the ending of the first light novel. Don't know how far the manga will go though.

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

The third volume of this just came out in English, by the way. It covers up to Chapter 27. The fourth volume is supposed to release in October.

TurboTime
Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

The main character of this series is heavily implied to be that girl who committed suicide in the one shot released right before this series began. The last thing she says to her girlfriend before she says goodbye is she wants to be a shimeji mushroom so she won't feel lonely.

I'm pretty sure that Shijima is actually a version of the other girl from the one-shot, considering she more closely resembles her and both have an inventor sister. The shimeji mushrooms themselves are probably what embody the dead girl. Regardless, I doubt the one-shot will be treated as 100% canon to the series, though elements of it will likely carry over in some form. Like, maybe the girl that Shijima remembered playing with when she was little could be a version of "Yocchan."

As for the cause of the glitches, it seems like Shijima's sister has stretched the fabric of their reality so much that it has nearly broken. The first noticeable glitches occurred back when Shijima and Majime returned from that dream world, right? The bottomless hole was also a sort of glitch caused by her inventions.

It's been a while since I read through the earlier chapters, but does it seem to anyone else like the panel layout is changing in a kind of 'glitchy' way?

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

Aaah, it's been so long. I love these characters' dynamic.

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

Yeah, The Fourth Heroine is a fun, satirical take on this concept.

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

Hina won't just notice the camera; she'll know all about Ichika coming over because of her own camera (supposing the footage is saved) that she also placed on the bookshelf (Ch. 16). Ichika wanted to be part of a story, and Hina will make sure that wish comes true in one way or another. What happens next will be determined by how often Hina checks the camera footage and what method she'll use to separate them.

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

Momo using her fallen form when helping Shamiko on the roof is really cute and is probably foreshadowing her eventually joining the family register becoming a vassal.

It's just her default form, now. Has been for a while.

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

What if we became roommates?

haha, jk... unless?

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

This is the first time they've really shown combat longer than a page or two IIRC, and Gunjou just revealed her identity to both of her friends. I'm probably jumping to conclusions, but I hope this isn't a sign that the series is ending soon.

TurboTime
Yuri Manga discussion 09 May 20:30
Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

I've read another one-shot with the exact same idea (maybe in Eclair?), but it's cute. Still, you have to wonder about the thought process that leads someone to decide that they should (1) just tell their crush that they're in love with 'someone' and (2) have their crush work on making the chocolates which they intend to gift them. If you're hoping that your crush already likes you back, it seems like an awful way to mislead them.

TurboTime
Image Comments 07 May 21:01
Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020
E0uo02oxmaa1voj-orig

^ Because Shiki's eyes are even more terrifying

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

The vibe I get from reading Google-translated reviews of the LNs (very reliable, I know) is that the series remains focused on their careers and continues to be yuri-ish without explicitly defining their feelings for each other. A bit disappointing, but I don't mind too much as long as we continue to see cute stuff like this and neither of them dates someone else (which would be unlikely anyway, considering their careers).

Again, this is just based on some poor translations of a few people's subjective thoughts, so take it with the Dead Sea.

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

At this point, it would take some serious normie-goggles to not see this as yuri.

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

I guess this probably ties back into the thing about magical girls losing their power if they fall in love.

TurboTime
Image Comments 30 Apr 21:19
Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

So BD4 was brilliantly heartbreaking, but I just caught up and I'm curious about others' thoughts on Shimamura's mom saying that "there've been some... difficulties" with Adachi's mom (BD2). From Shimamura's reaction, it seems like she was being serious. This is just a shot in the dark, but maybe one of the moms developed feelings for the other, and now they're trying to cut it off?

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

That is one hell of a catchphrase.

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

Still, as fucked up and lacking in self-awareness as Hina is, I think her kind of fetishism is more 'normal' and easier to understand than Airi's. While Airi mainly wanted to see Hina hurt, disgusted, and humiliated just for the hell of it; Hina sees that stuff as secondary to her goal of making Airi 'hers.'

This so much. Hina is pretty fucked up, but Airi is definitely the shittier one of the two. Here's hoping the manga won't try to play her out as some sort of victim now. That would be disappointing.

I didn't mean that one was worse than the other. I'm just pointing out the difference in their motivations. I think both of them are both victims and abusers. The best ending would be for them to cut all contact and one of them to move far away, though there's no guarantee that they wouldn't just find new targets for their vices. Unfortunately, this is a manga, so therapy is entirely out of the question.

TurboTime
Image Comments 20 Apr 05:30
Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020
Trigger

I'm gonna tell my kids this was Yurikuma Arashi

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

Is it weird that I was slightly underwhelmed when Hina took out a vibrator? Like, after the diaper stuff, it seemed oddly tame. Though I guess if they go through with the exhibitionism, that would fit the series' bill.

Still, as fucked up and lacking in self-awareness as Hina is, I think her kind of fetishism is more 'normal' and easier to understand than Airi's. While Airi mainly wanted to see Hina hurt, disgusted, and humiliated just for the hell of it; Hina sees that stuff as secondary to her goal of making Airi 'hers.'

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

This is so damn cute and sweet. It's also the kind of story that you can view from a trans perspective, though I know it's almost definitely not intended that way.

Early on, I wondered if Masaru was faking his denseness to some extent, but the way he questioned whether Kazu actually enjoyed being called cute made me think that he was being genuine. Then again, that could have been an excuse; maybe the real reason he wasn't calling Kazu cute was because the family vacation gave him time to think about the situation and realize what was really going on, which left him unsure exactly how to interact with Kazu. I'm probably overthinking it, though.

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

Yeah, it's very chill, honest, and sympathetic. I wouldn't mind this going on for a while.

TurboTime
Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

I wonder if something will develop between Kyouko and Ruriko. And maybe make Nacchan jealous enough to drop everything and go back to Kyouko.

I really, really doubt that she would react that way to her ex-girlfriend getting intimate with her 14-year-old sister. She'd be more likely to slap Kyouko and tell her to leave them alone for good.

TurboTime
Image Comments 30 Mar 05:09
Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020
Exwmk7evgaevrcf-orig

I can't believe I'm typing these words, but I really like the yurified Daffy Duck. The 'tail' is adorable and the orange thighhighs pair strangely well with the rest of the outfit.