Forum › Posts by jimbuwu

jimbuwu
Lily Marble discussion 18 Jan 00:59
Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020

wow i’m still thinking about how the author just married one of the couples off to some random dude, and then reminisces about why we were invested in the first place. i’m not against the “lesbian couples don’t always work out” idea, it’s sometimes true, but it doesn’t work in this framing. when you have a thing going and being built upon, just for the very next chapter for it to be over and she’s getting married to some nameless guy, it feels like a smack in the face. there’s no falling out, no introduction to the new guy, no romance, nothing. for all we know he’s some useless piece of shit who doesn’t care about her at all, and she only got married because she felt she had to. this is not only rushed, and contrived, but it’s invalidating and cruel to the queer reader. i know it was axed, and maybe this was the direction it was meant to go, but the complete lack of any context to this ending makes it invalid as a statement, and almost insulting to the reader. it isn’t the kind of ending you feel sad about(which can often be a good thing in storytelling), it just makes you angry. in all fairness, i didn’t write this story. i don’t know if there were any kinds of restrictions in making endings, nor how long the author had to figure them out. being rushed can lower work quality, and with something as time consuming as drawing and writing is, the first idea might have been all they had to work with. i’m not insulting the author, i think they did a great job with almost everything leading up to this, im just venting my frustration through a long and drawn out post so i can try and justify the anger i still feel even after 3 months of me having read it originally :(

Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020

i love how she’s too pure to do anything lewd, so cute. i feel like i haven’t seen this kind of dynamic very often so i’m excited to see where this will go!

jimbuwu
Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020

wow this is super interesting, but that prologue was sad :(

jimbuwu
Image Comments 09 Jan 05:54
Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020
Thing

sion getting protective of her gf lol

jimbuwu
Lit a Light discussion 05 Jan 17:21
Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020

it took me two reads to see the wedding rings. aaaah so cute!

jimbuwu
Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020

my fav pairing in all of fgo! always glad to see more of this

jimbuwu
Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020

i just want dahlia to beat the shit out of that guy who touched kay. the old lady can get revenge too, and then after that dahlia could ask kay out and they could be awesome gun-for-hire girlfriends or maybe not and just settle down and get married instead. that would be cool imo.

Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020

“time to go pleasure myself whilst thinking about the girl who i’m definitely not in love with”. funny how this didn’t have the yuri tag at first lol

Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020

no way this is still subtext?

jimbuwu
MasaJean discussion 26 Dec 18:00
Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020

this artist almost singlehandedly keeps this ship alive lol, i have only respect for them and their adorable art o7

jimbuwu
Jealousy discussion 24 Dec 21:13
Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020

sooooo cute -w- thanks for the tl!

jimbuwu
Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020

that’s one way to start a chapter i guess o-o

jimbuwu
Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020

i’ve been in EXACTLY yamadas position lmao. about a year ago i found out sidney gish was going to be playing in my city and i was so excited for like a month straight omg. she’s literally my idol and i’ve been obsessed with her music and aesthetics and all that since like 2016, but it’s all purely as a fan. when i finally got to meet and talk to her a friend took a picture of me smiling like an idiot and it sent it to my bf(there were no bad intentions dw). we’re both guys but he still kinda questioned me a little about how into women i was, and now i can totally see how being such a huge fanatic of someone can feel bad for your partner, even if to you it’s just as a huge fan and nothing more

Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020

idk this is getting pretty gay for a non-yuri manga

jimbuwu
Image Comments 30 Nov 13:17
Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020
Enrzg9uuuaa74mb-orig

SO CUTE TWT

jimbuwu
Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020

did junko just bite her tongue?? lol i guess thats payback for getting kicked earlier?

Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020

thank you miharu!

jimbuwu
VAMPEERZ discussion 08 Nov 08:12
Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020

okay i know there’s a lot going on here but i can’t help but appreciate the fact that they listen to jacob collier.

Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020

those gosh darn bottoms amirite? haha...

Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020

i’m not even gonna lie, i just read the entire series from like 11pm to 4am, and i am so hyped for the manga now. at first i was pretty skeptical cause i thought rei was kinda annoying as an mc and the story was pretty dry. wow was a wrong, when you get further in you realize how much depth there is to the characters and just the story and world in general. i won’t spoil anything but if you’re considering skipping this one i HIGHLY advise you don’t, it will probably exceed every expectation you have so far. at least it did for me

jimbuwu
Image Comments 23 Oct 14:51
Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020
Eid4kenwaaezb-i-orig

that's the dream TwT

Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020

dang that basketball scene sure reminds me of another oneshot by an amazing author about useless senpai who sucks at basketball and has a bunch of people who hate her but she still plays anyways. she also has a talented kouhai who still really likes her despite everyone else disliking her

Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020

i get the “i’ve seen this trope before so i’m not interested” point, but i think these common themes are perfectly okay as long as they’re done well, and tastefully. they exist because they resonate with a large amount of people, and generally aren’t that easy to completely screw up. not everything has to be totally groundbreaking and unique, and if it’s not your thing, nobody’s forcing you to read it. of course we’re 1.5 chapters in so it would be unfair to make almost any kind of assumption. also, i’ve definitely seen dance be super exciting and intense and i’d absolutely love to see it portrayed similarly with some nice gay drama as well :)

jimbuwu
Image Comments 14 Oct 13:08
Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020
Ekfg2kcx0aidcpq-orig

aww the words on the wall thats so sweet T^T

jimbuwu
Yesyes
joined Mar 17, 2020

wow! hino is actually super pretty :)