Forum › Posts by BoobTwinkler

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

TBH this is definitely deserving of a horror and tragedy tag of some kind.

People really don't tend enjoy getting jebaited with promises of something fun and lighthearted only to get last-minute rug-pulled with horror and suffering even if it's still behind a thin veneer of parody. Personally, the trivia box stating explicitly that the MC is now dead, trapped in her own head but still able to think and feel while being puppeteered around by a crazy yandere necromancer is the point that definitively goes too far to not be tagged more clearly.

I love horror, don't get me wrong, but it's definitely a genre that people should have the basic right to decide to get into rather than having it sprung on them 90% into the narrative when they obviously can't choose not to read it anymore because they've already read it just to get to that point.

I think this deserves some extra tags

Im sure it will get them. On DS they often leave off spoilery tags for a bit on a new story as long as its not something really bad that might trigger people.

This is literally the premise of the story though:
-Random normal person walks into someplace dangerous without realizing it.
-They try to charm their way out of danger, but fail and is instead stabbed to death with a sword through the back.
-Their dead body is raised as a shambling corpse and her mind is locked up inside her head unable to control herself or do literally anything, but still feels the sensations of her walking dead body that she has no control over and is now effectively a slave of the person who murdered her specifically to accomplish this.

The End.

That doesn't strike you as a story dark enough to trigger someone with no fair chance to know what they were getting into?

last edited at May 27, 2023 7:21AM

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Does he even exist? There is no conclusive proof as of yet that there are any men in this world at all.

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!
But enough talk; Have at you!

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

GO FOR IT MICCHAN, SPOIL YO GIRL!

I might be misremembering things, but when Korisu was first getting introduced, wasn't it implied that there were some problems with her home life, like she was on her own FAR too often or her parents were different? Something about her mother, this chapter, feels off. Not in the sense that she's poorly written, but more in the "there's something going on there," way.

Korisu's mom doesn't seem like a bad person at a glance but that doesn't mean that their living situation can't be terrible beyond her ability to deal with anyway. Japan already has cultural problems with overworking people to the point where a lot of families are effectively living split apart from each other for work- or education reasons.

The disparity you're sensing might come from the expectation that Korisu was being neglected due to her parents not caring enough about her (Which is the more "common" cause of neglect in the western consciousness), while the new chapter instead seems to go down the road of implying that the issue is not that her mom (who seems like a single parent?) doesn't care but rather than she has to work too much to spend time together. (Which I believe is the primary reason for neglect in Japan but I'm not an expert so don't quote me on that.)

Both situations are still Korisu being "neglected" just for entirely different reasons and the latter meaning that her mom isn't strictly (necessarily) at fault. We really don't have much information to go on at this point though so it could go in any direction from here I think.

One possible angle that this new chapter doesn't particularly support nor deny though is whatever factor in this her father might be playing. Is he alive? Is he around? Does he want anything to do with his family, or is he actively fighting a legal battle against them to avoid the responsibilities he might have to them? Are they in financial troubles because of something he did? Or did he maybe just die and Korisu's mom is simply struggling to be a single-parent breadwinner? Was he a one-night stand that she never saw again and who doesn't even know that he's a father?

Technically, it's possible that Korisu's neglect issues were already dealt with semi-offscreen since it appears that Kiwi and Utena keeping her company is now implied to have become part of an official arrangement they have with her mother specifically so she isn't so lonely. At this point it could just be a matter of whether Korisu has any trauma lingering from her days of neglect that needs dealing with rather than any current neglect still needing to be addressed.

Korisu's neglect really could go anywhere from here, or nowhere at all if the writer decides to do that. It's a case of Schrödinger's Neglect, if you will. xD

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

...What sort of an absolute psychopath goes to watch a movie at 8:30 in the morning!?

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

The story has explicitly thematized characters looking and/or acting older and/or younger than their physical ages, which is precisely what I recall about the first year of high school—some people looked like they were about ready for marriage while others (probably me among them) looked like they were only recently allowed to cross the street by themselves. And everyone, big and small, fairly crackling with adolescent hormones.

I just find it quite hard to believe that anyone could read this series in its entirety and think that anything objectionable is going to happen between Omichi and Rin.

I'd also like to add that it's rather clear reading this, that Omichi was not attracted to Rin because she's a child, but quite the opposite, because Rin is possibly the most mature character in this entire manga.

Look, I've got no skin in the moral outrage game on either side, but I have to disagree with you on the point of Rin's maturity.
Sorry, what kind of falling in love with a random older girl who helped you once, only taking no for an answer in word, but still wanting to find out who they liked so you could "beat" them, and only giving up once you saw that other person was similar to you, makes you think Rin is "the most mature character in this entire manga".

People keep saying she's mature, but to me, that looks like a childish crush.

Edit:
Maybe that's what this is, not that Rin is mature, but that Omichi is so immature she's on the same level. They both had the same kind of "have an admiration moment for this person you just met and think it's feelings of love and you have to date them."

The reason she comes off as mature (rightfully so, imo) is that she's highly considerate, well spoken and thoughtful. Her feelings may be immature and she's clearly too inexperienced to understand and contextualize them fully, but her approach to- and analysis of them are quite advanced and eloquent.

By contrast, Omichi's own expertise is more technical knowledge and less analysis and deeper thinking despite being older, which makes her come off as childish by comparison. (Which is entirely realistic actually, some people really are just late bloomers and Omichi is only about 12)

IMO, it seem clear that the thing which attracted Omichi to Rin romantically is how maturely, honestly and deeply she analyses, approaches and lives by her feelings. On the "physical" attraction level, there seems to be some level of "Moe" appeal to the concept of a small child displaying maturity and wisdom beyond her years at play, which is a very Japanese culture thing that it's not entirely fair to analyze from a purely western viewpoint.

Still, I maintain that the dominant factor to Omichi's feelings is not Rin's age but rather, her mature and considerate personality. Omichi herself rationalized that what provoked her emotional attraction was how much she felt that Rin deserves to feel loved after all the hard work and thoughtfulness she puts into her feelings.
The only character I'd say is arguably more mature than Rin in the story tbh is Hino herself, but that's debatable since she very much treads the line between being deeply thoughtful and considerate of Koguma versus childishly indulging in a LOT of immature shenanigans on a daily basis.

last edited at May 3, 2023 6:30AM

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

I hated omichi cuz she was such a cock block but now she’s a pedophile. Glad I disliked her from the start
She’s not a fucking 12 year old, shes in highschool. So yes she would be considered a pedo
Yep, cuz if u didn’t know, what she’s doing is called grooming :)

She's a first year in middle school you twit.
You're either trolling or completely butt-fuck insane.
This is how the witch trials happened and you're living proof we have not evolved as a species since.

last edited at May 1, 2023 5:30AM

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

I hated omichi cuz she was such a cock block but now she’s a pedophile. Glad I disliked her from the start

...Imagine calling a 12-year-old a pedophile. õ_õ

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Is it me, or does Koguma have some sort of disorder? Or is she just very innocent and ignorant? She brings up all sorts of rules that I can't imagine a Japanese high school having, and Hino always questions them, but she never gives up on them. For context, the school I taught at for years was what would be a magnet school in the US or an elite state school in the UK like Twyford C of E High School. We did have the rules like no stopping off anywhere before you got home and took off your uniform, and the teachers having to watch out for the students if they saw them outside of school, but it seemed to me like Koguma thought anything she noticed about Hino was illegal, basically.

I'm not sure what you mean--as I recall, Koguma mostly tries to get Hino to not skip class.

What would be some examples of Koguma having the "disorder" you perceive?

Yeah I don't see her as having a disorder, if anything the series plays up some of the rules and discipline aspects for the sake of comedy.

Probably a dose of culture clash going into that POV as well.
Japanese culture is a lot bigger on discipline and following rules and expectations.

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Damn, I can't believe Hino just died and the series is over. Crazy.

...For the second time!

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

When you're an adult, 5 of 10 years of age gap don't matter, but that's not applicable in minors. I wouldn't see with good eyes a couple of a 5 years old and a 10 years old, neither 10 years old and 15 years old. In minors, every year changes a lot and makes a difference of maturity. It's nor right, it's strange. It's obvious that Rin should be a lot less mature, and Omichi more.

I don't really understand why they treat the kid like it is 20 years old in all that conversations. It made me feel uncomfortable.

(Sorry for my poor English)

None of the children in this story so far are treated as anything more than normal children.
Koguma and Hino are perfectly normal kids with a budding romantic interest in one another and some tints of sexual chemistry developing because they're hitting puberty. This is entirely normal, even commonplace, it's just that a lot of adults don't like acknowledging it to the point of denying that it exists entirely besides in the dreams of pedophiles.
The idea that children don't explore sexuality at all until they hit 18 (or even 13 for that matter) is nothing but a myth, and I would even go so far as to claim that stories which depict childhood but omit this element are essentially soft-censoring the concept of human adolescence by omitting an integral facet of it.

Smol kindergartner developed a crush on Hino because she was nice to her and she's seemingly starved for affection, nothing even remotely unnatural or sketchy about it. Hino decides that, out of respect for the kindergartner's resolve and bravery, she should take the proposition seriously and reject her properly rather than patronize her feelings by calling them "just a crush" even if that's what they are and the kindergartner just doesn't know it.

Literally all the children in this story behave exactly like what they are: children with only a vague understanding of what love and sex is; interacting with each other in funny ways either because hormones are one hell of a drug or because they have feelings they don't understand but are trying to rationalize with what they know.

All perfectly natural, all perfectly realistic, only exaggerated for comedic effect.

last edited at Apr 15, 2023 10:01PM

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

The pedo apologists are doing their usual thing. How surprising.

And the witch-hunters are in full swing looking for more perfectly innocent people to burn alive I see. How surprising.

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

It's a child. Please, no.

Omichi please stop falling for the literal child.

They're both children, you're overreacting.

last edited at Apr 15, 2023 9:39AM

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

...What a surprisingly wholesome message!

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

I can't believe Mya-nee is fucking dead.

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Komi-san, is that you!?

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

This story feels WAY too busy already, way too complicated setup just to get the basic premise going.
Just chapter 1 could've been two whole different manga stories in itself.

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

I was pleasantly surprised to see the story show the mother in a sympathetic light despite her problematic mindset. The way to bring understanding to the world is not by rejecting the ignorant, but to educate them and give them time, after all.

I'm definitely reading hints that Satsuki is feelings things for the protag (name forgotten, it's a new series so sue me!) but it's too early to tell if it's platonic or romantic. It's also too early to tell if it's "attraction" to protag's "female self" or him in general, so there's potential for a conflict brewing in the far distance if the author chooses to go there.

Oh, and a japanese father figure who's traditional but also a fantastic fellow! Those are rare and far between, I should go buy a lottery ticket...

“Fuck you lady we’re not friends”

“I’m trans”

“Ok fuck you dude we’re not friends”

The literal definition of "Respectfully, fuck you."

last edited at Oct 12, 2022 4:45AM

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

"At least we didn't run into anyone we know"

Not gonna lie, I was 100% expecting the next page to be someone they know immediately running into them.

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Best Uncle continues to be Best Boy!

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

...hehe... what a bitch...

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

I can't believe the final twist of the story is that Ruka was a chubby-chaser all along!

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

...I'm starting to think the dude won't have to do squat at this rate.

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Shion's cape looks like Lord's cape.

Not just that, but she made a point of spanking Azul and she got angry when Berserga tried to touch her butt. Plus the name Imitatio. I’d be very surprised if she had no connection to Lord or isn’t just Lord herself.

Could be she's Lord's little sister, trying to imitate her big sister through the warped lense of a young child who doesn't truly understand the concepts she's imitating, hence her soulless attitude as a dom.

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

So uh, with the magical girl hunt, are we just supposed to accept the fact that the two girls on the team literally committed mass genocide against highschool girls and then just...said "sorry?" Are we not gonna talk about that?

They glossed over whether the magical girls were outright killed or just defeated and their transformation star taken away, and I assume it will stay that way.

We might get confirmation in this arc since it's dealing with Berserga the "survivor."
Remember, the trend with Baiser is that she ends up correcting and improving the lives of pretty much all her enemies, who were usually doing something "in the wrong way" or "for the wrong reasons", besides Lord. The way Berserga is "dealt" with might be a reunion with her former Magical Girl teammates - now normal girls - who talk her down with the power of friendship, maybe even talk her into becoming just a normal girl again.

Alternatively, if they really are dead then "dealing" with Berserga will likely have to involve addressing the issues of her dead team.

last edited at Jul 22, 2022 6:43AM

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

what are you even talking about, in the fist chapter is stated that she wanted to lose 7 kg in 3 months wich as far as im concerned is a reasonable goal. In chapter 10 is stated that she has 1 montth left wich means she lost 5 kg aprox in 2 months and needed to lose 3 more in 1 wich seems consistent with the inital plan wich again seem pretty reasonable

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/take_responsibility_for_my_stomach_ch10#3
Middle panel.

again the goal was probably to get below 50 even if it was by a pound

That's 8kg below the average japanese woman, and the average japanese woman is not even remotely overweight.

while i agree that most of this seems to be more about vanity than health, the manga clearly is taking a somewhat healthy aproach and warns you about the dangers of not eating. The tact that you had something as important as the period of time wrong makes me think you just read the first chapter saw the number 40 and decided to hate it no matter what

Again, middle panel: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/take_responsibility_for_my_stomach_ch10#3
"The manga clearly is taking a somewhat healthy approach and warns you about the dangers of not eating" while also casually ignoring unsafe weight loss and treating it as unsuccessful for not being enough.

The only thing I said about the 40kg part was that it's disgusting that it's the lower end of a weight-class goal when it objectively can't be healthy for a person who's not legally a dwarf to reach it in the first place. Its inclusion implies it could ever be a good thing to reach it, which it isn't unless you're part of an extreme minority who would need to use a different scale in the first place.

If anyone "just saw the number 40 and decided to hate the context" here, it's you about my post.

last edited at Jul 20, 2022 7:29AM