Forum › Posts by Zormau

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019

This chapter's faces are something else. I know, kinda par for the course for this manga, but they still stand out hilariously.

Thanks for the new chapter, Daphie.

last edited at Nov 15, 2023 9:34AM

joined Aug 29, 2019
Mikururun-1724193169443811617-img1

^ and it's even in glorious 4x3 image format!

joined Aug 29, 2019

Wait, this is supposed to be a comedy? I thought it was drama or at least creepy and deliberately making you feel uneasy, like, this has to get ugly at some point, right? That's what makes the disconnect between the bubbly, fluffy art and the awful treatment of our main character so fascinating!

Works about as well as "comedy" for me as Liar Satsuki did (i.e. it doesn't). Which was great in its own right, but wasn't what I was looking for and expecting at the time.

last edited at Nov 8, 2023 10:22PM

joined Aug 29, 2019

This is delightfully awful.

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019
Spotlight_l-1098235035524579328-img1

Yooo, new YagaKimi fanart dropped!

joined Aug 29, 2019

Kitaku’s stuff just hits the spot

I didn't ever bother with the Love Live stuff since I don't care for that franchise, but their LycoReco and G-Witch stuff is top notch indeed.
The elusive "insane amounts" tag was well deserved here. Two pages or lead-up followed by like 28 pages of sex?

I wonder if Kitaku will follow up with the consequences of Suletta's incredible discovery.

last edited at Oct 22, 2023 11:37AM

joined Aug 29, 2019

Y'all crazy, it's defo gonna be Study mate, nobody else makes an ounce of sense (even if Rina would be hilarious)

Who is study mate?

Hazuki

joined Aug 29, 2019

My suspicion was that she'd send Maron (i.e. Satou's alter ego, not as Satou) to wrap him around his finger as a ruse, but the way I remember it Maron doesn't cater to male customers, so idk. Maybe her study mate, but she's also not really that close to our leads and I'm not sure Makino would think of her as funny and cute.
I'm just not sure what it's gonna be.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Why would she do that and why would Satou agree to that? That would be the same problem. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you meant? Do you mean Satou is the one who will figure this out and get him to back off?

Good questions, but I don't really see who else she could be thinking of, whom she holds in high enough regard.
Maybe that's the problem. As Makino said herself: She don't think.

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019

Yay, new chapter!
Look at Ayase winning Mio over by doing things together!

joined Aug 29, 2019

Makino "I don't think..."
The readers: "Yes, we're aware."

I would like to hope that she manges to sicc Rinarina on him, but let's be real: Rinarina probably isn't bi and wouldn't listen to Makino anyway. It's probably gonna be Maron.

last edited at Oct 18, 2023 9:40PM

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019
Machuuu68-1713558366315008130-img1

"... and then Nijika raised her left leg a few centimeters and things took a turn for the lewd."

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019
Sirohaxe-1695170762783793328-img1

That seems to be quite close to some of Betock's art in pose, situation and appeal.
Which I don't think is a bad thing.

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019

I just read the entire manga in 3 days and OMG this manga was over the place. Touko, you are MESSY.

Still for some reason I liked it, I think Yuu and Touko suit each other with messy view of things

Well it wouldn't be much of a romantic drama if our leads weren't messed up in one way or another!

last edited at Oct 4, 2023 6:28PM

Zormau
Anime season 02 Oct 20:46
joined Aug 29, 2019

Never managed to get into SHY and IFTV in Manga format, even though I should be enjoying them. Time for the Anime adaptations to change that.

IFTV's dub is really promising so far. Hannah Alyea (Rae) has been doing amazing work overall.

Gonna wait for the SHY dub.

Zormau
joined Aug 29, 2019

Hmm I had kinda hoped Rin's haughty and manipulative streak would pervail a bit longer. Seems like it'll mellow out sooner rather than later.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Lately, more and more yuri MCs are girls of less than sterling character. Everyone but Momo in this one is in that category.

Uuuuh... We don't really know that yet. Momo might also have a screw loose somewhere and be in love with Yanagi. Really wouldn't be too surprising in this manga.

last edited at Sep 18, 2023 10:26PM

joined Aug 29, 2019

Hadn't read the first chapter til now.
Yeah, this is crazy. Crazy fun. I'm in.

joined Aug 29, 2019

This could get surprisingly rough for the artstyle.
I'm intrigued.

joined Aug 29, 2019

... and then there's me, blissfully not reading most of the comments (especially the negative ones) and openly enjoying wherever the author will take us next at whichever pace they choose. Chibi neko girls licking each other included.

I mean, I get that it's a hard shift of pace from the dramatic scene we'd escaped from, but it's not like Yvonne is in a hurry now. Time in the "present" doesn't really pass while you're time traveling to the "past", and I'm not even sure if we'll be returning to that exact timeline of if that one will have gone grimdark and everybody died.

last edited at Sep 11, 2023 10:51AM

joined Aug 29, 2019

Hard to believe it's been 75 chapters already.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Yeah, I'd be down with seconds or at least dessert!

joined Aug 29, 2019

That ending be like

"... and then they fucked."

"...again..."

"...and again..."

last edited at Aug 23, 2023 9:17PM

joined Aug 29, 2019

That would imply that your sexuality only exists when you're acting upon it. You can still find other people attractive in a healthy, stable, monogamous relationship.

Fair point, though "finding people attractive" and "being romantically drawn to someone" are not the same either (plus, that's also the reason why I qualified the "monosexual" with "effectively"). Personally, I do find certain people of either sex attractive (aesthetically and sexually), it's just that the only people I've ever had romantic feelings towards happened to be of the other sex. That in no way means there couldn't have been someone of the same sex to draw me in.

Anyway, this manga has really fallen for me, which is unfortunate. It was getting translated around the same time as "Our Yuri Started With Me Getting Rejected in a Dream", but the difference in execution feels much better in that one [...] I don't know, I'll keep reading this till the end probably, but I don't look forward to it in the same way anymore.

Yeah, I'd have to agree. I loved this one at the start. Art style, characters, pacing, everything felt right at the start, but it's kind of started to lose its luster. Hijiki's offering feels quite a bit more focused, and while the actual progress made is quite similar, this one feels much more like it's just meandering.

last edited at Aug 3, 2023 5:42PM

joined Aug 29, 2019

To me the "I don't like girls, I just happen to like [name] because she is [name]" trope is just a big red flag that the writer is approaching the story from the angle of yuri as a romantic fantasy rather than homosexuality as a reality.
It's not that they're necessarily trying to be homophobic, but...

There's no need for a "but".
Indifference towards the gender of your own or someone else's love interest used to be an ideal, an aspiration. It certainly doesn't represent societal reality at large, but I still see it as an ideal. If you're in a monogamous relationship, you're effectively "monosexual" anyway.