Forum › Posts by b58

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

They silently swapped Yuzu for another character to save the series but hey it's working

b58
Aki/Momo discussion 10 Jan 13:40
Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

It's really confusing to read if you don't realize that the white-haired girl from the first page of the first chapter isn't actually Aki, because the further in the story you get, the less sense that makes :P

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

The british English was really thick on this chapter. I wish they'd use normal standard English.

... you made me reread the chapter and I honestly couldn't notice anything but I'm neither British nor American :P Which parts sound British?

last edited at Jan 8, 2024 5:34AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

okay I'm glad this is just the name of a place, not something else I was totally not thinking of

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

It's even funnier that in the bonus for Doughnuts (which I don't think is on the site) there was actually some (very light) teasing about Subaru x Fuuka, while here the author went in the other direction where it's arguably more believable lol

last edited at Jan 2, 2024 10:37AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Seems... kinda disjointed and spastic so far, but we'll see how it goes I guess :P

I always want to be "this isn't an airport, you don't have to announce your departure." Can't people keep that sentence to themselves, at the very least?

Personally I'm way more bothered by people telling others what should or shouldn't be said on a discussion forum.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I'm sad it appears to end but at the same glad that it means we won't get back to vore again :P
Probably more sad though.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I'm not sure what I expected from the present reveal, but given the fact that the author bothered to hide it from us initially, I was expecting something more interesting than just some random (and apparently expensive) perfume :P

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

The story is super weird, it clearly doesn't take itself too seriously but simultaneously tries to make some kind of serious point, the classic "can robots feel" etc, but it's super jarring that the most deranged character tries to tell us something meaningful about making your own choices and free will and shit :P I'm honestly not sure how I feel about it so far.

b58
Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Since the issue with the dad (the other one :P) is more or less still not addressed, I'm going to assume Wen is somehow connected to it, but we'll see :P So far I have faith in the author.

Also, the moral of the story so far - if you think there is something missing in your life, check your phone case. (But seriously, that puzzle piece analogy felt just a bit too on the nose :P I'll let it slide though, the story so far is pretty good).

last edited at Dec 4, 2023 12:00PM

b58
Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

... well the difference between them is simple and most important one, the light tries to come to Xingyuan, didn't happen to Yunduo apparently :P

b58
Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

OK, this is purely me playing devil’s advocate (I was an early adopter of the “Yundou is into Xiaoen” theory, and still hold to it), but was there anything more explicit in this chapter to support that premise than we’ve seen before?

There certainly was more of the same—statements with implied subtext, significant expressions, meaningful framing and cuts from panel to panel, etc. Is it the quantity of suggestions/focus on Yundou’s feelings that sealed the deal for previous doubters?

For me it wasn't quantity, but the fact that the question Yunduo asked was so specific, and that she is visibly disappointed in the answer :P Hard for me to come up with any other interpretation after this. Although no, it's not 100% explicit but I wouldn't bet on my initial guess being right anymore.

last edited at Nov 27, 2023 8:11AM

b58
Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I still do not buy Yunduo x Xiaoen theory (...)

But I have been wrong about this kind of thing before :P

fuck

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Didn't expect Uda basically going for it right off the bat, but it happened, even if it understandably didn't fully register :P I guess that kinda works.

last edited at Nov 24, 2023 7:51AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Being the volleyball girl really is suffering, holy crap

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Wow! She almost said it!

Right, I forgot to comment of that - the more interesting part is that Suou clearly understood anyway :P which allows her to be pretty smug about it by the end of the chapter, considering the insecurity from before. I guess it's not rocket science and maybe I'm stating the obvious but I liked how that chapter was constructed.

last edited at Nov 20, 2023 7:05PM

b58
Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I still do not buy Yunduo x Xiaoen theory. Everything still makes sense if she's just an old friend (and as people said, maybe deep down envious about how Xiaoen seems very happy despite not playing by the rules), and you don't have to perform any divination by reading the flames in the campfire.

But I have been wrong about this kind of thing before :P

last edited at Nov 20, 2023 7:02PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Okay I change my mind about the gimmick getting old, this manga could go for ages if it was allowed to - just go down the list of top students lmao

last edited at Nov 19, 2023 4:50PM

b58
Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

... that excuse with the husband was a bit dumb to begin with. If a husband saw lots of calls with a young girl in the call history, I doubt that a lesbian lover would be the first thing that came to mind, and just telling him it's a female friend is the easiest and most believable excuse ever anyway :P

Anyway, I liked it, I didn't think there's anything ominous about the ending.

last edited at Nov 15, 2023 5:19AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

But, interestingly, it seemed to strike a chord with the doctor... and now I'm wondering if her previous lover was the same kind of control freak.

I thought that was a pretty interesting segue back to the main plot, or maybe even the whole point of that escape room adventure (other than the author having some fun I guess). I liked it, it was pretty cool.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

"A good story knows what it is and what it isn't" and this story knows it's a light-hearted romcom, there's no need for surprising twists or deep drama~

I feel like that's exactly why I have a problem with it, does the story know what it is? If it knew, we would have this chapter as one of the first ones, and then we could follow the light-hearted interactions with the full knowledge of what's happening and it would make it funnier (and maybe they would even make sense, because right now they don't).

Instead it insisted on this weird choice of hiding Yuzu's side the whole time to create some sort of mystery or whatever, and the payoff from that is nonexistent because there was nothing interesting to hide. It only made the story worse and less light-hearted, so no I don't think the story knows what it is :P

last edited at Nov 9, 2023 6:16AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Very dumb and not very subtle twist, it's like 10 chapters late to be interesting (it hasn't been "years" since Yuzu-perspective chapter, I think we literally never had one). I'm honestly very disappointed it's that simple, and I'd argue it doesn't even explain her behaviour up to this point very well - you can talk about suppressing feelings all you want but this clearly showed she isn't completely oblivious.

It was not worth to hide all that just to uphold the gimmick of "Minami is dumb" from the last 17 chapters, it doesn't even feel consistent - I certainly don't have that "a-ha" moment that now everything makes sense.

last edited at Nov 9, 2023 4:37AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

This is a fantastic shitshow, I don't know what are you complaining about (except for the fact that so far this isn't yuri at all and I'm not convinced it will turn out this way but I'm fine with this :P)

... and I don't know, I don't think it's all that different from Still Sick in tone, it also had a tendency to go very melodramatic, with a distinctive sense of humour. Seems very similar to me in that sense.

last edited at Nov 7, 2023 9:40AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Well, not like I didn't expect something along these lines, but it still surprised me at the end

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

that jpeg of a carpet on page (strip?) 3 was very noticeable lmao