Forum › Posts by Stannis

Stannis
Liberty discussion 15 Aug 12:48
joined Jul 26, 2019

Let's take a step back on all this: first liz is a teenager AND an idol, she is completely in a different world and has totally illogical and selfish reactions. From the start she has taken maki as a person at her service and also the fact that she is sure that whatever happens, she will stay by her side.
Except that there will necessarily be a limit and the flashback may be terrible. And her punishment will come very quickly.
For me the author does everything so that we hate the acts of liz and even that of her ex.
The end of the chapter shows that she will already receive another blow to the head when her ex tells her that she has a family in England, certainly out of personal interests because she is very selfish and puts her professional interests above all else.
Obviously, liz will fall from the top because she did not imagine that and will tell herself that she was wrong again and was fooled!
The shit storm is likely to be total because if the photo of her kissing her ex reaches her family, her ex will have to choose between denying her "realation" with liz or leaving his family, I predict that she's not going to want to leave her family ...
Now the thing is, I wouldn't like the scenario to take the usual easy way and that maki seeing her collapsed liz come back as if nothing had happened to support and save her ...
Liz deserves to have a long dramatic period to understand her mistakes and that her career does not dictate all her choices.
That she can't have it all, and maki and her ex and her career taking off!
We also need a less conciliatory maki even if it is his dominant trait.

Stannis
joined Jul 26, 2019

@Honne @H A U S and others hater of kaoru : again these exaggerations on kaoru, it is not the devil we are far from it and with you we will be so bored its would be the world of care bears with only nice and platonic girls ...
Kaoru is the greatest seductress in the whole school, normal that she is a little different in character from the others ... toxic? when we see all the possible opportunities that she can have and which she does not even end up being in total opposition to what you say: she is a player who loves girls ... she is not a bitch calculator, she works on instinct and what is interesting with mask is that she fell in love with her for the first time in her life, which means that she is no longer in a "dominant" position and she knows it, and accepts it, for her mask has no feelings for her and contrary to what you say she no longer insists as at the beginning ... the scene where she kisses her was a reaction of real despair not a usual action.
When she is with her sister she is very caring and gentle.
I find this arc most interesting because we are not going to type only couples everyone she is beautiful everyone she is nice, in real life it does not work like that and there are many more bitches than in the manga.
Kaoru is a seductive, natural provocateur, she might not like it, but she does exist in everyday life and not just a little!
her duet with mask is the most exciting in terms of development potential, because it is the only one that almost deepens the characters with a lot of drama. I like kaoru/mask because they are different from other couples!

Stop wanting to sanitize all the couples in this fabulous manga.

last edited at Aug 8, 2021 9:19PM

Stannis
joined Jul 26, 2019

Mask really suffers from an inferiority complex and hides behind limiting justifications why she lives "normally"
On the other hand, we feel that she is getting closer to kaoru because she would have liked to see her in the bookstore.
And she realizes that thanks for the translation!

joined Jul 26, 2019

From what I remember this manga had great potential but has a "stretch" ending with an author who doesn't assume his manga nor her protagonists...

joined Jul 26, 2019

You are not prepared for what is going to happen ...

joined Jul 26, 2019

As always, sorry for the long post lol.

Don't apologize it's better a long post than 3 words running after it ^^
This chapter is quiet but on rereading it we feel that konatsu is waiting for this festival to definitively tempted to confess her feelings to koyuki.... when she talks about still a little bit for the last stage, it has a lot of meaning especially coming from an introvert like her!
Finally her preparation on her notebook and the fact that konatsu finally had the courage to apply it in front of the others (her two cakes in the shape of a frog and a salamander) to know if it will make koyuki click is also a demonstration of her positive evolution. She hopes that it will mean as much to koyuki as it does to her. I hope this festival will be positive for both of them!

joined Jul 26, 2019

She is still young, so I had to take these statements as a need to breathe and recharge before returning to writing ...
Interesting this passage in the future or koyuki has feelings that she finally qualifies as different than friendship when thinking about konatsu. The distance must have accentuated her feeling towards konatsu.
I feel more and more that the story is going to end with an open end where the two of them are going to get together and declare that they want to stay together forever but that we won't see a kiss ^^

Stannis
joined Jul 26, 2019

Stannis posted:

Onibi is the spiritual master for mask, unconsciously mask has in these moments of reflection images of kaoru that appear. Sign that unconsciously kaoru and in her thoughts even if for the moment she rejects them. Make no mistake the flirtation between kaoru and mask is the direction that the story will take, mask venere onibi at the same time they are together for a long time contrary to the recent relationship between kaoru and mask.
Personally these segments kaoru-mask , onibi-nao, shizuka-mio are the most interesting because they have a trajectory much less classic than the other "couples".

Otherwise for onibi it is obvious that his evolution in terms of potential love is going to be in the direction of NAO ...

I couldn't agree more

I also think that ONIBI and MASK have similar trajectories. ONIBI found inspiration again thanks to her meeting with NAO, limits her thanks as ever, and tells NAO to remain the same and especially not to change level of lust ^^
For MASK it's the same she was depressive and literally blocked, making a feeling of inferiority of inspiration towards ONIBI (without knowing that this one was also blocked and found the way of the improvisation thanks to NAO) and the KAORU's intervention changed everything, and gradually discovered that KAORU is not just a simple predator but has faculties, such as having psychic powers, that cats like her, that she speaks German....
In conclusion, both ONIBI and KAORU have relaunched themselves thanks to people outside the manga club and is not trivial, both are far from activities related to love, but it seems that this will change.

Stannis
joined Jul 26, 2019

Onibi is the spiritual master for mask, unconsciously mask has in these moments of reflection images of kaoru that appear. Sign that unconsciously kaoru and in her thoughts even if for the moment she rejects them. Make no mistake the flirtation between kaoru and mask is the direction that the story will take, mask venere onibi at the same time they are together for a long time contrary to the recent relationship between kaoru and mask.
Personally these segments kaoru-mask , onibi-nao, shizuka-mio are the most interesting because they have a trajectory much less classic than the other "couples".

Otherwise for onibi it is obvious that his evolution in terms of potential love is going to be in the direction of NAO ...

last edited at Dec 25, 2020 8:49AM

joined Jul 26, 2019

I always imagine a cross between nozomi and shino but heidi seems to be attracted by "men" even if we are sure of nothing... it seems that nozomi wants to tell her story to heidi ... I think it will come out that shino is very close to her,which is good that it will not be limited to a banal seduction attempt for the fun of it.

last edited at Dec 7, 2020 3:02PM

joined Jul 26, 2019

The raw is available ^^ and the scenario is different from what we all thought.

joined Jul 26, 2019

Otherwise the question is simple is what do you imagine one second that koyuki accepts that konatsu goes out with a boy and vice versa? the answer is clearly no, they would be desperate both of them, it's more than friendship then... Will they assume their feelings or have eternal regrets by repressing their feelings as from the beginning...
It's a possible sweet and bitter end that would be terribly frustrating, not having succeeded in admitting that they can't live without each other when koyuki leaves for Tokyo...
I wish more an end where konatsu promises to koyuki to join her in a year. I find it really hard to see the author ending with a simple "we finally understood each other and now we can each go our own way and still be good friends"... their relationship is so intense and full of innuendoes based on their loneliness as an excuse, that it can't end like that, it would be a huge disappointment of "all her for her".

last edited at Oct 28, 2020 8:31AM

joined Jul 26, 2019

Personally by reading the last raw chapter I am more optimistic for an good evolution of their relationship. We feel that they are asking questions about their emotions towards each other and not just as simple friends.Precisely for the story of the frog it may be that koyuki by this symbol would like to become the frog again with respect to konatsu and still not what was hidden in the koyuki drawer .. more on the flashback of the fairground and the fireworks at the beginning of the story , where konatsu asked if she was special for koyuki, she finally answers her ...
While waiting for the translation I think that the anguish of konatsu and koyuki is due to the fact that the departure for tokyo of koyuki is approaching and that they do not have much time to spend time and definitely discover what they are. feel towards each other.

The Mangaka really tried to tell us stuff with Konatsu's body language in this chapter, a lot of panels spent on her hand placement, and overall body expression through the chapter reveals a lot about how she's thinking... I might go back and do a re-read to see where else that happens, because it was as though she diliberatley wanted us to see her timidness and anger in some of those panels. Maybe she recently acquired an obsession with hand paneling lol

Yes it seems that there are a lot of "bodily" signs from koyuki unlike konatsu who remains .... konatsu.
But some looks towards konatsu, show a certain feverishness but also an evolution of koyuki which no longer hesitates to look konatsu in the eyes while smiling, which confuses konatsu ...
Then it will take a good translation because there are certain passages where they speak to each other with poetic and abstract sentences, like riddles, konatsu moreover on the end seeks to understand the meaning as well as the surprise to see the frog soft toy. . hard to tell who the salamander is and who the frog is at the moment ... konatsu seems to have accepted the situation and koyuki's departure, but koyuki seems to conflict with that, she is frustrated .. .
In any case, the author is very good at getting certain messages across in this scan, to make us ask questions, to leave the possibilities completely open, which is sure, is that she will take her time, and for me the denouement and the translation of this story of salamander and the frog, of which is which by them even! and finally it looks like koyuki is bought and put away something that must be intended for konatsu or related.

joined Jul 26, 2019

Personally by reading the last raw chapter I am more optimistic for an good evolution of their relationship. We feel that they are asking questions about their emotions towards each other and not just as simple friends.Precisely for the story of the frog it may be that koyuki by this symbol would like to become the frog again with respect to konatsu and still not what was hidden in the koyuki drawer .. more on the flashback of the fairground and the fireworks at the beginning of the story , where konatsu asked if she was special for koyuki, she finally answers her ...
While waiting for the translation I think that the anguish of konatsu and koyuki is due to the fact that the departure for tokyo of koyuki is approaching and that they do not have much time to spend time and definitely discover what they are. feel towards each other.

last edited at Oct 26, 2020 8:13PM

Stannis
Yuru Oyako discussion 25 Oct 20:52
joined Jul 26, 2019

lol sayaka who only hides one eye at the end ^^

Stannis
joined Jul 26, 2019

There are still signs that show at the end that they are together more or less lovingly, the fact that uta says when she is at university that she did not see kaoru then a year and that at the end on the way home from work she returns and therefore lives at kaoru who says welcome to you is rather optimistic at this level. But I can't believe it ends like this, its feeling the end open with a jump in time I hope (I beg?) that they make us a citrus+ suite , or at least one or more chapters when they live together once uta adult!

Stannis
joined Jul 26, 2019

It seems like a lot of readers want (or at least are predicting) what Kaoru wanted just before Uta left: for things to go back to being the way they were before.

Only with Kaoru now aware of Uta's feelings and the pain it causes her, and Kaoru aware that Reiichi doesn't love her romantically and wishes he could be with Risako.

Sounds like with one tough conversation around the dinner table this thing could have been about 3 chapters long:

Uta to Kaoru: "I'm in love with you romantically."
Kaoru: "I love you too, but not that way."
Reiichi: "I love you, Kaoru, but not that way. I'm going to go see Risako."
Kaoru: "Should I make bentos for you guys?"

And risako ? alas in one chapter you can't finalize every situation, even her friends are going to be zapped.... it's really a shame that it ends abruptly if it's a choice of the editor, letting the author take his time for some passages like 3 chapters flashback and telling him to finish in 2 chapters is frustrating.
I think it would have been nice to do one chapter with the final separation with reichii, the conclusion with risako, the move with uta, to do another chapter where they live together with the joys that go with it and then a last one with a timeskip where potentially they are together lovingly.

Stannis
joined Jul 26, 2019

I have the impression that people you have not understood that kaoru is the victim of this story not uta .
More this hatred when on the contrary the fact that they are going to live together without reicchi changes completely the situation... kaoru wasn't going to fall in love with uta from one day to the next when she has just undergone an incredible shock and has taken the worst decisions for her life...
The fact that she accepts with joy to live with uta while not rejecting her definitively in love leaves all the possible perspectives.
And excuse me for saying that kaoru is a bad partner when you see her when she is in her normal state (and not betrayed), that she is a warm, faithful, funny, generous, kind person that scares me on your criteria.
The fact that she will find herself will calm kaoru and uta, it's a huge evolution with all these depressive situations... they will be closer than ever, uta will become an adult and from then on everything will be possible, for me it's not the end but the renewal of their common history.

joined Jul 26, 2019

I'm afraid that it's like a lot of manga and that the author takes a lot of time and an "auxiliary" chapter and that in the end it's a kind of rush with a hurried end or with a lot of questions or opportunities to go deeper wasted.
I don't dislike kaede and fuyuki but it makes a whole chapter about something quite banal, the author wants to make too much melancholy at the slightest opportunity, you have to balance the situations, otherwise you get the impression that all these people are depressive and their lives are miserable.
I hope that in the next chapter we will finally have real interactions especially between konatsu and koyuki, because otherwise I'll start to think that the author is trying to save time for X reasons... and please don't take the easy shortcut where kaede wants to prevent konatsu and koyuki from making the same mistake. And it would also be frustrating if the story ends with an obvious melancholic good bye between konatsu and koyuki as just good friends, it would be a waste personally.

last edited at Sep 27, 2020 10:21AM

Stannis
joined Jul 26, 2019

As often enough it's a pity that Japanese authors don't manage to make a successful end, to believe that they don't like to eternalize themselves on the outcome of a story ... stay 3 chapters on a flashback, take the time to see the couple friends of uta and hurry to finish the story when a deepening would have been great it's a waste, it's frustrating ... unless he decides to go on a spinoff but I doubt it.

joined Jul 26, 2019

An unacknowledged double first love can make you think, upset a situation that seemed frozen especially knowing that the two loved each other but could not admit it to each other more the drama caused by the parents ...
No one has known an unspeakable youthful love and imagine that the girl goes back for years to say that she was finally in love and that she finally found the courage to come back to make her declaration? it would be very, very hard to resist and not to think about it day and night ...

Stannis
joined Jul 26, 2019

Stannis posted:

Sensei has a twin sister too! It's no longer a love triangle but a love square ^^

I only saw the first 2 and came to see the reactions to see how it is lately and this comment.... Lol it really made me laugh! like, good or bad, I know it won't be boring at least XDDDD

Sorry but the chapter has just come out, I would not have allowed myself to spoil if ^^ But yes this manga is full of little surprises ....

Stannis
joined Jul 26, 2019

Sensei has a twin sister too! It's no longer a love triangle but a love square ^^

Stannis
Liberty discussion 25 Aug 20:45
joined Jul 26, 2019

It's up to liz and only to liz to solve the problem... it's up to her to manage her ex and to tell her that everything is over otherwise she will always leave a hope to her senpai... then to apologize to maki and to tell her clearly that she loves her.
On the other hand we feel that for the last chapters the lack of pages accelerate things too much, liz takes maki by the hand to then leave her alone, liz must have suspected that her senpai would take advantage of it....

Then it's quite realistic in the show business there's a lot of pressure... the mix of career, past love, can derail any person as we see it with current stars who cheat or take drugs.The stars are not as happy as their smiles would lead you to believe. Liz remains a fragile and tortured person.

last edited at Aug 25, 2020 8:50PM