8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

Not everything is about being trans

Not everything is about you.

Hey
School Zone discussion 20 Aug 04:18
8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

Man, it's just the worst when you take a big gulp of Sports, and then you cough and it goes up your nose.

8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

that tomboy girl straight up looks like a guy

Well... yeah?

"Does the androgyny have to be so...androgynous?"

Hey
School Zone discussion 17 Aug 18:56
8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

Are the Boyscouts a culturally relevant thing in Japan? Because the three-finger salute and the "do a good deed every day" bit are both Boyscout things in America.

8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

I wonder what this one's about...

8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

Also, y'all are missing that Ookuma, whether bi, lesbian or single-target, is clearly a furry:

How can you send a picture? Teach me please

1. Upload to imgur
  2. Image link is formatted thusly, but without spaces : ! [ ] ( image url goes here )
8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

In an amecomi, Kisaki would don spandex and use her powers to fight crime.

In a manga, she works at a shop using her extra limbs to better multitask, and then meets a cute coworker and finds yuri love.

This is why I adore manga. And don't like amecomi.

So we're pretending shonen manga don't exist today, are we?

8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

Looking forward to Lots of Tree-Hugging

8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

Also, y'all are missing that Ookuma, whether bi, lesbian or single-target, is clearly a furry:

8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

Why did Muppo touch his eyes after working with peppers

The same reason I did: we're both big dumbs.

8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

They sure figured out pretty fast how lesbian sex works

Well, dumb teens have managed to figure out sex since the dawn of time. Sex is one of those "easy to learn, difficult to master" type of things.

8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

yalls writing WHOLE ESSAYS here, im just here enjoying the cute yuri man...

One can do both.

Hey
School Zone discussion 11 Aug 23:25
8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

Hey
School Zone discussion 06 Aug 00:03
8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

I lied.

Hey
School Zone discussion 06 Aug 00:01
8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

This chapter actually scared the shit out of me lmfao didn't expect that

It's over now, you can open your eyes.

last edited at Aug 6, 2020 12:03AM

8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

How would a girl crossdress anyway? There isn't really a lot of "masculine-gender-locked" clothing anymore. A suit or tuxedo (with a suit jacket, not a blazer) comes to mind, maybe a shirt, everything else, meanung most everyday clothing men wear, is unisex. Unlike skirts and dresses, which are (with very few exceptions) locked to the feminine. Blouses are basically just shirts adapted to female anatomy, so I'm not even sure if we should distinguish them from shirts, and tight-fitting t-shirts (similar to girly-shirts) have found their place in masculine fashion as well.

At this point it probably comes down almost entirely to intent. It would have to be something like a girl adopting a style of dress for the express purpose of passing as male, while still identifying as female. Or being a drag king I guess.

Of course, this is relative to culture. If you're in, say, Saudi Arabia, there's still clothing that is 100% masculine coded.

8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

I think the people who are reading too much into this are reading the English too literally and forgetting that this is a translation of Japanese and that English words are approximations of Japanese meaning. Even the translated title has different nuance than the English "Sheltered Girl". The Japanese title has "hakoiri musume" which is literally "daughter kept in a box". She's wasn't just sheltered, she was kept from almost all knowledge of the world and thus doesn't even know what genitals look like to tell male from female. This doesn't feel like a stretch to me.

People are similarly taking the "I might attack you" think too far as well by reading "attack" too literally. Love making is a very "vigorous" action. Just as "attack" is used in sports, it doesn't necessarily mean literally violent action.

The criticism isn't only based on the use of the word "attack", it's also based on the way the text explicitly uses the concept that people, and specifically men, cannot control themselves when they are aroused. This idea is reproduced uncritically and without commentary by any of the characters. The fact that it turns out not to be true about Kanda, and that in reality she's actually really good about consent, doesn't change that.

I think this series should get the "Cross-Dressing" tag. For the main character has the intent to hide her identity with another mode of dress. If she wasn't concerned about her appearance to her friend, she would have confessed immediately.

Considering that Kanda doesn't consider herself a man, and was already dressing that way before she cared what anyone thought of her gender presentation, that seems wrong. There are plenty of butch girls who dress like that, and they're not cross dressing.

8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

Panties Day, huh?

Implying every other day is no-panties day...

Hey
School Zone discussion 20 Jul 07:09
8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

Whew, for a moment I thought someone was going to get shivved.

8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

Now let's pull up a chair and have a conversation about "rape culture".

There is no point so you can put your chair back where you take it.

The notion that "if you do x I won't be able to control myself and will sexually assault you" is a lie made up by people who either want to excuse rape or put the blame for it on the victim. Empowering rapists is what I would call a problem of rape culture.

oh my god, are we really gonna have a discussion about this? it's obvious that kanda wasn't implying that, she would never try and do something without consent. you literally see her ask "can I touch you" in one of the last panels. pls, go back to Twitter and use that energy on real rapists.

lol, no. Just because a work contains no actual rapists, it doesn't make parroting of pernicious rape apologia beyond criticism. The idea that people, especially men, have no control of themselves when they get horny is a myth with negative social consequences, and noting when a piece of media reinforces that myth is entirety fair. This doesn't mean the person noticing it is offended, or looking for something to be angry about, it just means they are looking at the media they consume with a critical eye. Which is good.

This also doesn't mean mean that liking this makes you a bad person. I still like it. I enjoy tons of problematic shit. That's okay! If it weren't, there'd be basically no media we'd be allowed to enjoy.

8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

Every single comment thread on this site is a race to see who will be the first person to take a fictional story -- no matter how absurd, silly, or farcical -- 100% seriously.

All art should be taken seriously.

Also: