Forum › Posts by uncertain

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

This one looks very pleasantly gloomy.

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Lots of effort going into this. For now I'm figuring the guy going in was the ghost of her ex-husband.

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

The way Shimeji is drawn in the bottom panel of page 5 and the next page made me do a double take - more delicate and expressive than Tsukumizu's usual lumpy potato head style. For a moment there I had the feeling of a sudden shift towards some previously unseen reality in the narrative.

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I was little worried this might turn out another one-chapter wonder. Thanks to the translators!

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I've been imagining her husband as having been like the guy in Useless Ponko.

I've also been waaaiiiiting for a new chapteeeeeeeer

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Oh right, I figured anyone named Miyako would have to be a woman.

last edited at Feb 27, 2023 3:08AM

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Page 5 - who's Miyako?

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

The media in the Taisho era were not very different from the media today, I see.

Whenever I read about cultural developments and movements in early modern Japan, an account of how newspapers dogpiled on it is a standard feature.

-> savage newspaper headline = funny period flavor

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Taishō best period! This looks like it might fit nicely on the heels of My Master Has No Tail.

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Chapter 72 went up three weeks ago. Dynasty is a little behind.

last edited at Feb 8, 2023 11:01AM

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Those flashbacks of comments from years ago are so relatable and frustrating.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I can't help being a tragedy fiend but what I'd like in the near future is a chapter sketching out how Chizuru's dealing with heartbreak.

last edited at Jan 18, 2023 2:10PM

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018
Aozora_tl-1612498380034277376-img1

It's great when big name authors deliver stuff like this.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Welp, here's the drama.

uncertain
Anime season 07 Jan 14:25
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I was so turned off by the "kill monsters - pick up loot - sell in town" scenario that MagiReco presented in the intro of the first episode that I summarily dismissed it, but just now I soldiered through the rest of the first episode and it doesn't look entirely hopeless after all. I know nothing about the story beforehand though.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Bus-kun is idling right behind the corner.

uncertain
Cross Fire discussion 27 Dec 14:04
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

y-... i'm... uh... dowman sayman has nothing on this one.

uncertain
Yuru Yuri discussion 24 Dec 03:41
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

It's bakk! But what's going on in chapter 146?

Duh, I meant chapter 164. What Kyouko's costume is about, whether there's some wordplay lost in translation...

uncertain
Yuru Yuri discussion 23 Dec 02:29
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

It's bakk! But what's going on in chapter 146?

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

In for whatever this ride is. I can't get enough of post-apocalyptic desolation lately.

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Thanks, I'll take a look!

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Are there any historical manga with yuri elements where the story reflects the reality of the era without taking fantastical or anachronistic liberties with the setting? No matter if it's Nara or Taisho period, Chinese, Korean... The only ones I know are Ends of a Dream and Cocoon.

last edited at Dec 11, 2022 1:40PM

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

As much as I appreciate stories that go on month after month, they rarely deliver the kind of punch a drive-by oneshot like this can.

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018
Fhfxhgkuaaasmxy

That dress looked reaaaaaaally good on Suletta.

uncertain
Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Aaaaaa. I'd completely forgotten about this one. Thanks for the continuation!

Makes me wonder how it works at actual fashion boutique type places where the clothes cost $500 a piece. Aspiring designers who have to already be relatively affluent to accept a part-time, low wage gig while living in a major metropolitan city? Kinda like entry level publishing or tech gigs? I wonder if this is how it's done at Studious Tokyo and if it's standard practice for boutiques in general.

Even high-end stores must deal with things like customer returns, slight seconds and overstock, perfectly usable stuff that otherwise ends up in a landfill in Nigeria or something.

last edited at Nov 22, 2022 11:37AM