Forum › Posts by Shawn

Shawn
_burgyy-1662891582251745287-img1

Love this pairing.

Am loving how both of them are calling Nanase out on being completely insensitive & oblivious.

I feel like Volume 4 is going to be the final volume of this series does anyone else think so as well?

Kitaku has done it again Nice work.

Shawn
VAMPEERZ discussion 22 Apr 08:19

I just love happy endings especially if it's yuri happy ending.

Shawn
Ft_hkgoayaefidu

Pretty.

Shawn
Flsgebjamaapi8r

^
It's not it's just that the other girlfriend isn't exactly the best person either she's ignorant to everyone's feelings, she constantly prioritizing her club activities over her girlfriend again and again and again, if you can't multitask you shouldn't be in a relationship in the first place. Make no mistake cheating is wrong.

Find someone else she already has a girlfriend.

last edited at Apr 3, 2023 1:43PM

Shawn
Kimosugimasu-1639702783749398530-img1

Wonderful hopefully white rose will be next to be canon.

PS How the first thing Yuni thinks is "finally, time for dates with my gf, since she cannot partake in club activities", she might be selfish and dumb but I think she needs some loooove. And therapy.

You can't really blame her because that's all Nanase ever did spending more time at with her club activities Than spending time with her girlfriend.

This what Nanase gets from being a neglectful girlfriend, If you can't manage between your girlfriend and your club activities than you shouldn't be in a relationship in the 1st place this is all on her as much as Yuni.

Shawn
Citrus + discussion 21 Mar 18:52

I’m glad we’re going back to the whole Mei becoming chairwoman and changing the system plot established all the way back in Vol 1. That whole board meeting is still one of my favorite chapters and hopefully it means we’ll be seeing badass take-no-shit queen Mei again.

Glad to see some people can understands the concept of this chapter.

Shawn
Citrus + discussion 21 Mar 16:25

All right nice chapter, it looks like things are about to get a little interesting.

Shawn
Yumel_lot-1601656527584399360-img1

Wow this looks like official art work.

Well that got resolved rather quickly, hope there's a sequel.

last edited at Mar 11, 2023 3:55PM

Question when's the next chapter going to be uploaded? I mean it's already on Mangadex so I'm just wondering.

Tomorrow. And it's gonna be delayed one day each for every time someone complains.

Okay then & I wasn't complaining I was just wondering that's all.

Question when's the next chapter going to be uploaded? I mean it's already on Mangadex so I'm just wondering.

Shawn
VAMPEERZ discussion 23 Feb 20:02

Feeling a little uneasy what did she find out at the end?

OK I know it's rather obvious at this point but the girls in this series are very hot & sexy.

I have no problem offending them: it was, and still is, trash machine translation by someone who doesn't know either English or Japanese.

Some people insisted I take over, because the translation on MD is godawful.

I must say that the previous translator did a good job to the point that it is understandable.

"Understandable" is a very poor standard.

In this case, it's not a question of the way of writing the sentences. That Yoel guy just mistranslated half of it and a lot of sentence don't make sense at all.

Page 22 of his TL: "Having a good affair". It doesn't make sense. She actually saying that it felt food to cheat.

I know that.

Page 23 of his TL: "I wonder what people would think if we got mad at each other". I mean, what? That translation comes directly from google/deepl. But actually, she's talking about the nurse that would get mad at both of them.

I know that too.

If I have a Japanese keyboard I can also type in dialogues and dump it to some web programs such as google. You have to be an idiot to think that the translation result is 100% correct. Sometimes it makes no sense.

The most important reason why I need a translation is that I want to know certain dialogues that are crucial. For me it is a double check. The rest of them, I really do not care. Whether it is "correct" or "incorrect" the impact was not that important.

If you barely know Japanese, then a correct translation is a must, especially to those who do not know how to use a kanji dictionary, or do not have a Japanese keyboard. I have a virtual one, which is tolerable.

As you can see, 2 years of University and 5 years working for a Japanese firm, I am STILL relying on translation in order to adjust my own interpretation.

Yo did state that she would do it until someone picked it up. To be honest, this will be a Darwin situation, whichever is better will survive. You have 8 chapters to catch up and I am sure for each chapter that you did, Yo will yank hers.

This is funny since I used to work for a computer company whose expertise is to use our proprietary program to translate software and hardware into a non-English product. It was at the end of proprietary programming and the beginning of translation via web and AI. Some of us got pouched by internet companies who started to do these things. Japanese is my 5th language, but ended up as the major language we used in business.

Real person is always better. At one point, we hired my own Japanese professor as a contractor. We also hired military personnel since who else is better at translation other than them?

The one weird thing is the official translation always seem to be less accurate (or bad English) than the scanlations. I never understand why.

Oh, don't think that I am not thankful, I am. Thank you for your hard work.

Masina Thank you for being the reasonable & understanding person on this dilemma.

last edited at Jan 31, 2023 6:40PM

I have no problem offending them: it was, and still is, trash machine translation by someone who doesn't know either English or Japanese.

I must say that the previous translator did a good job to the point that it is understandable. I read the RAW, so for me a decent translation will be enough, having two scanlations means it gives me an even better perspective in comparison.
For example. Page 4 (Page 291 in Comic Yurihime raw) bottom panel, "部活の内容にわあんま興味ないんだよな" Nobody can come up with the perfect translation, simply because Japanese and English are too far apart linguistically. I remember my Latin teacher said "English is a very weak language", and just the above line shows exactly what he meant: My own reading would be "(I'm not really interested in) the details of the club activities.". The two translations are Yo's "what the club does" and yours "what goes on in her club". To me they are pretty much the same, even though all three do not put the word "club" at the very front of the sentence. A straight word by word translation can be like this: Club activities' details not interested... (which is BAD English)

I would say just appreciate more than one group willing to do the scanalation at all. If you really want to understand what is going on, read the raw, and have your Japanese (hiragana and katagana) and Japanese Kanji dictionary ready. One year should help you pretty much understand the grammar. Words wise it will take a whole lot more time. Get a Japanese keyboard if needed.

No, don't ask me for translation. I know I suck.

At least someone here understands.

Their translations were not that bad jeez, At least they kept us updated on what's going on, Show a little respect for their efforts.

last edited at Jan 31, 2023 1:24PM

This is gonna end with all three sides getting hurt, right? Nanase will probably be the one who breaks it off with Yuni and then end up with that girl from the club. I really want to know why Fuuko is so obsessed with Yuni tho. What made the yandere a yandere?

I can kind of see that happening but if you want my opinion of why Fuuko is so interested in Yuni, is because she can relate to her being treated as 2nd best. Let's be honest here the way Nanase is relatively insensitive of how her actions affect other people. Particularly, she is either ignorant or indifferent to how her actions can hurt others, Nanase is choosing her club over Yuni every chance she gets, only talks about club with her, literally push her hands away if someone might see them & she makes it looks like she is more in love with the girl from her club than with her actual girlfriend. Only after she screwed up on their aniversary, She's just now starting to act like an actual girlfriend.
And perhaps Fuuko realizes this and why she's not too fond of Nanase cause of these traits. I mean I wouldn't be surprised later on either Fuuko or Yuni Calls her out on this.

last edited at Jan 27, 2023 2:34PM

OK does anyone have a general idea on how long this series is going to last? cause I don't see it lasting much longer but that's just me.

last edited at Jan 24, 2023 2:29PM

Shawn

Kitaku always delivers.

last edited at Jan 23, 2023 12:11PM