Forum › Posts by Firecat1311

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

okay, I MUST know. where could one, hypothetically, find this "Yuri Cineplex"?

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Can't tell if that was meant to be a kiss or just a "it looks like they might be kissing from this angle but it was actually a fakeout", but I guess that's the point.
Anyway, as far as subtext goes:
...at least they acknowledged the existence of homosexuality, that's a heck of a lot more than most subtext series can say.

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Subtlety is fine. Subtlety is cool.
But when straight folks get to take always having explicitly confirmed romances for granted and us gays are still struggling under the will-they-won't-they coin toss for every other piece of media we consume... it's pretty much impossible for me to not feel frustrated and let down.

Firecat1311
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

this is how I feel after a long and arduous day of trying to enjoy mainstream media and its excessive heteronormativity.
thanks dynasty scans dot com for always being a reliable refuel point

Firecat1311
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

I know the whole "confessing your love after the chance has passed and they're already dating someone else" trope is popular and makes for some heartwarming moments in fiction and all that, but I don't get it.
Like, try doing that to someone in real life and chances are pretty high they'll either recoil or the situation will just immediately turn awkward as heck. I told my best friend (at the time) that I used to have a crush on her when we first met, and her reaction was like, "oh god, yikes, thank goodness you stopped feeling that way," and then it set in motion the end of our friendship a couple months later.

last edited at Aug 25, 2021 10:06PM

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

breaking news:
this is very cute
more at 11

Firecat1311
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

I was really hoping the last page would be something along the lines of "it's finally complete... the invitation for the actual real marisa to come to my house!" and then she does

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

in a shocking unforeseen twist, yuri manga readers are stricken with confusion by the idea of a woman with really short hair

Firecat1311
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Every time I'm following a series I like tagged as yuri on another platform and I just happen to see it here too, and it's tagged as "subtext", my heart sinks...

Firecat1311
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

This seems like something that'll be well-written, emotional, artsy, and unique, but also... we're being told right from the start that the couple doesn't get together in the end, one gets married to a man, and the other one dies. That's like, a whole pile of "not a lesbian romance story I'm interested in reading" red flags all at the same time.
Well, hopefully it turns out good regardless, I suppose

Firecat1311
Image Comments 26 Jul 13:44
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017
Opengraph

game made me cry profusely even while the words "nico nico nii!" were on screen. high recommendation (but don't play on hard mode)

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

straightforward communication between two people about their feelings? in a yuri series? wild

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Me, out loud IRL, every single time I do anything

Firecat1311
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Nobody can truly replace Maitake2's works, but it's good to see these goofy lesbians at it again in some form at least

What happened to Maitake2?

Nothing happened to them, I don't think, it's just that nobody seems to be translating any of their new works (or if they are, they're not here and I can't find 'em)
Also, seems like they've mostly moved on from Madoka stuff at this point

Firecat1311
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Nobody can truly replace Maitake2's works, but it's good to see these goofy lesbians at it again in some form at least

Firecat1311
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

2 people. mutually and monogamously in love. kissing and apparently doin' the do on the regs. living with each other for years. huh... what kind of relationship could they possibly have? how curious... OH, oh, oh, I know! figured it out, guys.

they're just really good friends

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Love how spicy things are getting! The pacing was quick these last two chapters but knowing that there's a bunch of LN volumes I'm glad it's not because the series was axed.

Even if there's lots of LN left to cover it's still possible the manga adaptation was axed. Definitely getting a whiff of that familiar chopping block smell, myself

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

I find this series hilarious, and the cartoonishly over-the-top sexist dudes just add to it for me. It's a little bit of ham-fisted social commentary, sure, but it's also clearly not meant to be taken too seriously. The world could always use more parody on those obnoxious JRPG female character design/roles/tropes that have exhausted me so, so much over the years.

(I've got this weird suspicion that the people who don't find this stuff funny are men, but like, naw, that's crazy talk. What would men be doing getting up in arms about the male representation on a website that primarily hosts comics by, for, and about lesbians? Psh, yeah, couldn't be, couldn't be...)

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Gay girls in a seemingly straight harem is a flavor of premise rife with potential. Imagine:
-Harem but the guy is suddenly and unexpectedly replaced by a girl (either literally or trans-ly)
-Harem but the clueless male lead doesn't realize that the harem actually belongs to one of the girls
-Harem but all the girls get tired of fighting and just date each other instead
-Harem but the guy chooses his (male) childhood friend

The list goes on...

Firecat1311
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Men drawing boobs through clothes: "heheh boobe :)"
Men drawing boobs without clothes: "oh god oh god uhhh how do physics work again, where does this weight go, what are the right shapes, ive never seen a real boob before, aaaaah oh no okay I'll just draw the exact same lines I always do when the clothes are on, and hope none of my readers know how boobs work either"

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Are we ACTUALLY gonna get a story that addresses how having a relationship where one person puts the other on a pedastal is super unhealthy, rather than just sweeping all the obsessive fan stuff under the rug like every other author x reader story ever? Maybe? Possibly?

...well, probably not, might just be reading too deep into that one page. But a gal can dream.

Firecat1311
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Well, it's just another long-winded way to justify human characters "going into heat". Better watch out here, the people who find a lack of consent to be hot are already crawlin' out of the woodwork.

At least this author has managed to skirt around the whole "lesbian relationship but one has a dick, not as any kind of aknowledgement that trans women exist but just because Nobody Understands how two V-havers go at it" thing...?

Firecat1311
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

Is any of this actually a thing? Kinda feels like another one of those things that people with a sense of smell just make up for kicks, and I spend my entire life clueless to the reality

Firecat1311
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

poor Reimu has yet to learn that the correct way to thank a fellow magical floating shrine maiden who has blessed you with hambagas is not violence, but a big ol' smooch

Two Burgers is not enough to make Up for threatening the family buisness

someone could threaten both my family business and my life and I would still thank & forgive them just for two hamburgers. in fact, for a third hamburger, they are free to take my life anyway along with the thanks and forgiveness

last edited at Apr 12, 2021 7:17PM

Firecat1311
Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

poor Reimu has yet to learn that the correct way to thank a fellow magical floating shrine maiden who has blessed you with hambagas is not violence, but a big ol' smooch