Forum › Posts by ergzay

joined Dec 28, 2016

I came to check out the comments section for the first time, and wow despite this being so popular (#1 on the "Most Popular of Past 7 Days" list at time of posting) there's so much hating going on in this comment section. I for the record enjoy it and will continue to enjoy it. Don't let other people decide for you whether you should like or dislike something. Everyone to their own.

Also, morals are personal, they don't apply to everyone and your personal morals are your own. It's completely fine to say "I won't read this because I believe X" and stop reading it, but you should never say "People shouldn't read this because X is wrong". That's not okay to say.

last edited at Jul 16, 2022 4:43PM

ergzay
joined Dec 28, 2016

What's going on exactly with the translator? Did something happen. There's now 6 chapters available.

joined Dec 28, 2016

I don't think it would be a good idea to suddenly put nsfw tho, this cute wholesome kisses are perfect for them, maybe a nsfw manga apart would be good after the manga finishes

A sex scene is not necessarily hyper-NSFW and beyond that does not ruin the beauty and purity of the relationship that was portrayed in the manga. Yagate Kimi ni Naru is the perfect exemple for that. Sex can be wholesome.

It worries me how taboo sex has become just bc kinks exist.....

Prudism is on the rise in the west, but being driven by a completely different segment of society than it used to be historically.

joined Dec 28, 2016

Nitpick: 300 million yen isn't quite enough to not work for the rest of your life in a city and also pay for a second person for that same time period unless you also invest it. You also can't live extravagantly on that amount of money.

last edited at May 3, 2022 1:27PM

joined Dec 28, 2016

The fuck kind of ending is that. Is this really what Ace people are like...??

Also I agree, yuri tag should be deleted. No yuri in this.

last edited at May 3, 2022 1:22PM

joined Dec 28, 2016

These side stories go in such weird directions. Not like the main series didn't at times but these really feel like the mangaka went "okay, lets put all the weird/creepy shit that was too much for the main story in here" xD

If you know the author's other original (very adult) work you'd understand why. This author LOVES weird/creepy stuff (to be honest they're kind of messed up in the head). (The most recent extra chapter with Raika getting hurt and all the blood is some of that messed-up-ness leaking out.) This manga was surprisingly tame given that.

Look at the linked pixiv page on their author page for some SFW weird stuff.

last edited at May 3, 2022 11:58AM

joined Dec 28, 2016

This still feels like two robots talking to each other. There's no emotion. It feels flat and bland. I keep hoping something more will happen though.

joined Dec 28, 2016

After all this I think I'm going to avoid any of these "ace"-like stories. They're just incredibly bland and empty of any real emotion. Feels like I'm watching two robots.

last edited at Apr 23, 2022 3:58AM

ergzay
joined Dec 28, 2016

Also, holy crap wait until next week guys, the next chapter is doozy.

last edited at Apr 15, 2022 9:37AM

ergzay
joined Dec 28, 2016

So many people being more down than I was expecting. The question was completely answered last chapter and now they're both aware of each other's feelings. Now it's just time for them each to get used to the idea (Koguma being not used to the idea yet this chapter).

ergzay
joined Dec 28, 2016

Well uh that was sudden... But I guess it's to be expected with how this manga went. It ended like it began, plot holes everywhere.

joined Dec 28, 2016

I just started reading this, but does the translation improve? It's so utterly dreadful and incomprehensible everywhere. This translator feels like they are using machine translation.

last edited at Mar 4, 2022 6:02AM

joined Dec 28, 2016

The translation for this is very stiff/amateurish. Many parts aren't really understandable and you only have a vague idea what they're actually intending to say. Is this from a machine translation?

last edited at Jan 28, 2022 7:48PM

ergzay
joined Dec 28, 2016

The idol at the end, with the name "Tamura Akari" it's probably Tamura Yukari, the famous voice actor. It being her "30th 16th birthday" would mean "Tamura Akari" is turning 45 while in real life Tamura Yukari is actually 45.

BTW Tamura Yukari is known for having a very cute voice and playing a lot of young characters.

ergzay
joined Dec 28, 2016

I went and read the raw for the next chapter and.... looking forward to the reactions.

joined Dec 28, 2016

This manga escaped me somehow, so, reading it now from chapter 1 to 9 is kind of a special endurance. Try it to get what I mean...

Don't wear it out.

joined Dec 28, 2016

Not a fan of this, the first chapter reads like a hate mail to society by the author. They're just griping, which doesn't make for a good story.

ergzay
Pink Ribbon discussion 25 Nov 08:39
joined Dec 28, 2016

When you romanize Chinese names into English please don't use pin'yin-like romanization. It's completely unreadable. You need to romanize it into something readable by English speakers. Too many Chinese translators make this mistake. There's no way to figure out what "A-Zhe" is supposed to sound like.

last edited at Nov 25, 2021 8:45AM

joined Dec 28, 2016

the baby ruined the entire story for me... seriously? why ending it ike a stupid het story?! they where perfect together and author ruined it with a baby?! ... why does everything have to become a desapointment... it started so good. and arisa is now rising her nephew... great ending!

Having babies doesn't make you het. What the heck is wrong with some people.

joined Dec 28, 2016

Putting aside the weird consent stuff of the series, let's talk about what really matters.

Does anyone actually get anything out of waiting for each page to load like you're on dial-up because the images are roughly the size of a highway billboard?

A bit of a necropost, but the images load slowly because Dynasty Scans servers are absolutely dreadful and horrible and they refuse to improve them. The images would load plenty fast on your connection if their servers were actually any good. It's a server side issue, not a file size issue. But the images ARE upscaled quite a bit.

last edited at Nov 13, 2021 5:52PM

joined Dec 28, 2016

I'm just starting to read and the English used in this is all weird. What the heck is a "lower secondary division of our school". Do they mean middle school?

last edited at Nov 13, 2021 5:28PM

ergzay
joined Dec 28, 2016

What's the difference between lolicon and pedophilia? Is it okay since it's a manga, no harm meant, just genuinely curious

This is a giant can of worms that I've heard repeated a dozen times in many other places. Let's not turn this thread into yet another one of these discussions that happens EVERY DAMN TIME for onee-loli series.

joined Dec 28, 2016

I somehow think the girl having an harem is better than her just getting two girls.

Just read Watanare if you want yuri harem

Unfortunately there's no translator for that anymore.

joined Dec 28, 2016

Really don't get how people can hate Hima but like Shiho. Sure Hima isn't a perfect person but at least she's well intentioned. Shiho is narcissistic, self-centered and just an all-round arsehole. Sure she had her reasons for leaving the band but she could at least have the common courtesy to tell them why or at least give an excuse.

Indeed, there isn't a single redeeming quality about Shiho.

joined Dec 28, 2016

not baseless to assume the Chinese government would do so

It is baseless to assert that they will or have done so.

They've done it before and they'll do it again.

Agreed. It's weird how people try and deny something having happened.