Forum › Posts by HellAQA

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

I love this so much. It's definitely a story that makes more sense when you binge it all in one sitting (but you'll question Akiho's long periods of absence). I used to keep up with it as chapters came out when it first came to Dynasty, but stopped reading when I lost track of what was happening. Just reread the entire thing and caught up and it makes a lot more sense. The chapters are bite-sized but a lot happens. There's a lot of complex internal conflicts happening with all the characters and Nakano develops quite a bit over the chapters, but I think you miss a lot of it when you're reading 8 pages at a time, several months apart. As a binge, though, I think this story's really awesome. After finishing An Easy Introduction to Love Triangles, I've had a hankering for polyamory and this is getting dangerously close to scratching that itch. It feels really communal with all these sexually active lesbians livings to close together. Nakano is a great magnet to bring them all together, too. Now added to my favorites!

HellAQA
Image Comments 04 May 19:57
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015
E0fdr8txmai4rw3-orig

oh gosh o///o

HellAQA
Image Comments 04 May 19:53
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015
E0kyeg6xsaij77_-orig

you can tell the artist saw the ladies of RE village and got very hot and bothered. the raw desire is palpable.

HellAQA
Silent Snow discussion 02 May 02:23
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

that's just not fair...

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

I was grinning so big during the vol3 bonus chapter. They're so cute, I can't handle them! The way Kashikaze does chibis is so hecking adorable, too. Watching the girls fidget is too good >.<

HellAQA
Image Comments 30 Apr 22:22
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015
Ew7u0lqvgaiioy0-orig

poor byleth can't move in her sleep :(

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

Request to mark this series as dropped. New chapters exist in Japanese but haven't been translated and apparently no scanlation team is currently working on it. "Ongoing" seems a bit disingenuous.

HellAQA
Kill Switch discussion 26 Apr 20:07
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

I don't know what Jisoo and Hwayeon see in her since she's so annoying.

Probably just get wet over the gap moe between her dashing bifauxnen looks and mega awks social disaster character? o3o

Maybe they're morosexual XD

HellAQA
Kill Switch discussion 26 Apr 15:37
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

I'm a little conflicted on this one. The art is fantastic, and I really like Jisoo. It's not like green tea bitch where Tong Tong is the exact opposite of how people percieve her. Jisoo's genuinely kind of a badass, she's just not a cruel delinquent (though her picture from high school suggests she may have been). Hwayeon is an interesting character, to say the least, even if she's rather frustrating. I want to know more about her and why she is the way she is.

But, omfg, the protagonist. Jeongwon yells a lot and does obnoxious things like run away from situations and stares at people for long periods while daydreaming. Then, anywhere from three text bubbles to multiple pages are spent telling the reader how embarrassed Jeongwon is, or that she feels bad, or imagining different consequences for her actions. I don't know what Jisoo and Hwayeon see in her since she's so annoying.

I'm gonna keep reading, but I understand why others won't be continuing.

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

I, for one, loved every part of it. I think the mom plot's fine. It's a little direct to serve a very specific purpose, but I think that's okay. I mean, it's like when the heroes spend the whole story trying to stop the big bad from getting the macguffin, then the big bad gets the macguffin, and it results in a big epic fight scene against impossible odds that we all know that outcome to but is fun to watch. The confession in the airport was that scene. As a writer, I know that "realism" isn't really what you should be going for. Gotta make that drama happen ;o

Maybe I'm just giving the author the benefit of the doubt, but I thought it was an amazing story with a great payoff. I cried at the end. Seeing how happy everyone was to have Sora back, and the scene with Sora and Ayaka in Sora's room, just gave me such good feelings. Plus, as a person with an abusive mother (though maybe not as bad), those interactions made perfect sense to me. Abusers have a certain level of perceived control over their victims. She wasn't throwing in the towel, she was letting the leash go taut, convinced that Sora will come running back to her.

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

poly or riot

Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

I haven't read the LN but I listened to a podcast that spoke about the series at length. Based on their assessment, I figured I probably wouldn't read it. The instant I saw the description for this manga, I knew what it was (and was shocked that it got a manga adaptation). Based on what I know about the series, I think this first chapter is an improvement. As a writer, I know how powerful visual storytelling can be in comparison to raw prose. The visual storytelling here is really great, with incredible art and putting a lot of the more "egregious" aspects of the LN in the 'background.' For example, Tanya's outfit isn't mentioned at all. While prose would have to elaborate on her outfit and how much skin was showing and blah blah blah, the manga can just show you and leave the implications up to the reader. There's already interesting conversation happening in the comments here in regards to that (despite the people engaging in those conversations believing that it's a negative).

I think this is pretty awesome. The story's developing pretty slowly with a nice pace that allows us to focus on the main characters. This chapter introduces the protagonist, her primary ally, her main motivation, and her goal. We see her power level, a job change, the limits of Laplace's abilities, and the "enemies." It's concise, fluid, and easy to follow. The mangaka's done some great work with the original material and the visual medium only helps it.

On the topic of gender politics, why are we talking about that on dynasty reader? We literally have a tag called [404: Men Not Found]. Comical representations, or lack there of, of men is a frequent occurence in a lot of manga hosted on this site. But this is the one that people complain about? I think that's really silly. At least Exiled has something to say with it. Hyperbole and exaggeration are tools writers use to convey messages and themes. If one of the themes is "patriarchy sucks," then I think this does a pretty damn good job at showing it. Every man in this world is comically, irredeemably evil? Awesome! I've been listening to 1950's radio shows (thanks, mom) and their women are so two-dimensional and they serve such limited roles in their narratives. It's great seeing the shoe on the other foot every once in a while.

Personal verdict: very excited to see how the manga expands upon and handles the original material. The art's fantastic and the mangaka's and translators' combined work will surely produce an interesting series that will breathe new life into the polarizing legacy of Sexiled.

HellAQA
Image Comments 18 Apr 02:36
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015
Ezwzisnucauvlac-orig

I can't remember if Jill actually has that shirt in-game. Even though Alma's straight, I ship her with Jill super hard (especially since Jill's super into her). Pretty sure Dorothy/Jill is canon, or at least one-sided. So this picture makes a lot of sense, with Jill holding Alma's hand while Dorothy's holding onto Jill's head and fighting with Alma. But Alma just looks casual like, "I don't even have to try and she prefers me ;o "

HellAQA
Image Comments 06 Apr 18:40
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015
88701478_p0

maybe she's a gymnast, you don't know

HellAQA
Image Comments 06 Apr 18:37
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015
Aubrey_evan_and_jolie_original_drawn_by_neal_d_anderson__ab7ff793838a92e58d80963c8aa849db

I would've already been nosebleeding because that blonde girl is drop dead gorgeous.

HellAQA
Image Comments 24 Mar 02:44
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015
88621164_p17

literally my favorite sex position

HellAQA
Image Comments 13 Mar 14:06
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015
86627209_p0

what i really love about this pairing is that va11halla is an explicitly queer game, directly addressing different identities, and Jill is openly bi (possibly even a comphet lesbian but that's speculation). Alma is (as far as I remember) the only explicitly straight character in the game. But Jill thinks she's super hot. They have discussions about sexuality and it's in one of their conversations that the biggest evidence for comphet Jill comes from. So seeing these two together is always really funny to me 'cause it's like saying "about as straight as dry pasta." Also you can't tell me a girl with those hands is straight #doubt

HellAQA
Image Comments 03 Mar 04:42
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015
Epq411buwaa6owv-orig

^
That's just quitter talk.

HellAQA
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

Probably doesn't need to be said but since everyone is already saying everything else, I'll just say it. This art is AMAZING. I'll have to give it a reread to see if it's as mind-bendingly awesome and symbolic as An Easy Introduction to Love Triangles, but it's real good. The way the cigarette smoke divides panels and shifts the way the viewer (and Ruri) see Kyouko.

I've really liked the way Battan does faces and definitely no skimping here. The eyes and lips are super expressive. For this one especially, I think lips are going to be a big source of symbolism. Kyouko gave Ruri lipstick, finds out the lipstick was given to Kyouko by Ruri's sister, "touching someone you love and being touched back is adulthood," then the kiss between Kyouko and Ruri. I'm sensing a "Kyouko's still a child" theme coming up.

Anyway, art good, love the character designs, use of empty space and contrasting hues is excellent, definitely subscribing to this one.

HellAQA
Image Comments 30 Jan 15:57
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

Those eyes in the second panel remind me of ShindoL.

HellAQA
Image Comments 29 Jan 05:16
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015
83115721_p0

I don't think Penny actually has doll joints, but I'm 100% here for it. We need more automaton yuri (people keep thinking that female programmed artificial intelligences want men; as if!)

HellAQA
Image Comments 26 Jan 23:02
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015
Esfb4iou4aem0ep-orig

hey look, it's my otp

HellAQA
Image Comments 30 Dec 17:39
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015
84480970_p1

Kill la Kill, Little Witch Academia, Promare, BNA... I'm starting to think that TRIGGER just wants to make gay anime and is doing a slow burn until they reach full on Yuru Yuri levels.

HellAQA
Image Comments 30 Dec 17:36
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015
Ep_69xdu0aewzwd-orig

I haven't done the Rhea S support yet, and I'm trying my best to not be too hyped about it. I love Edelgard, but something about Rhea really does it for me. I almost ship Rhealeth as hard as I ship Edeleth. My brain is confused.

HellAQA
VAMPEERZ discussion 03 Dec 23:10
Lewd
joined Jun 23, 2015

so many boobs @_@ also is it just me or are all these boobs a little... perfect? I've seen a boob or two in my time and perfect, gravity-defying breasts that stick out to there with tiny little eraser nipples aren't exactly the norm. I call shenanigans.