Forum › Posts by Thor

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

First Yuri dosnt need kissing.

Yeah, and toast doesn't need butter and jam either, but I sure as hell don't want to eat it dry.

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

God I need to stop reading love triangle shit someone always gets hurt because monogamy is the only option and it's always always always a bittersweet end at best.

For stuff like this, I try to wait until it ends and read the ending first.

If it is a good ending, then I'll go back to the beginning and savor all the twists and turns that get us there.

If it is a bad ending, then I can drop it like a hot rock, keeping myself from wasting a lot of time and investiture, just to get angry when it is all done.

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Wow talk about being pushy as hell.

I know they are her friends. But it's almost like shoving that guy her throat -_-

Yuri at this point is non existent. Very few actual character development and it was only of glasses guys. Most of jokes fell flat and were cringeworthy.

It just made me sad now that i think how good chapter 1 was. But author uses the cheap and unoriginal way to continue the story by introducing the guy and then making her friends to make the girl liking the guy to this point of forcing.

This chapter: 3/10

If someone out there is waitig for a good love triangle manga, don't get your hope up. Certainly not with this one.

If you're so dissapointed with the series just drop it, don't judge the work of people :P

Um, isn't your whole response judging his post? Or is it okay to be judgmental of certain forms of expression?

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Anyone who saw the Aaaaaangst tag and still read this got what they deserved.

Nine times out of ten, the Aaaaangst tag means that the story is pure poison. I always always always check the discussion thread first when I see that tag to see if it is safe to read. I do that with the Drama tag too, as there's a fifty-fifty chance that the story also deserves but is missing the Aaaaaangst tag.

Stories like this are persuasive arguments for an Unhappy Ending tag.

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Whoops! They completely forgot to story!

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

So when do they start making batches of "special sauce" and go back for sloppy seconds?

Thor
Lily Love discussion 04 Sep 10:17
Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

To state that someone is "Homophobic" means they are afraid of gay persons. But people aren't afraid of gay people , they are plain disgusted because it goes against all traditional morals and values . So gays are considered abnormal . The word " Homophobic" is a made up word to place a specific blame of someone and I can't stand that fake word . If someone doesn't like me because I am a lesbian then tell me ( and they do) but I won't call them "Homophobic" because I don't think they are afraid of me . They see me as abnormal and out of social normalcy .

As for Mew's dad you can see he is NOT "Homophobic" but just plainly sees her as abnormal and disgusted because males and females by design are supposed to pair up and become life partners and have children . But because Mew isn't a normal woman who takes a male as a mate she "will not" have children and that makes her father mad .

The suffix "-phobia" has a primary definition that denote a fear, but it also has a secondary definition that denotes aversion or repulsion. This is the definition in play in the word "xenophobia" (aversion to foreigners), "homophobia" (aversion to homosexuality), and when talking about hydrophobic materials, which repel water. This is part of the "wonder" of the English language that some words or word particles can mean more than one thing.

And it's funny whenever someone goes all etymological on the word "homophobia" they always single out the "-phobia" and never the "homo-". If one wants to get linguistically reductive, "homo-" just means "same". So "homophobia" should really mean "fear of the same". But no one goes around saying "Gee, I'm afraid that tomorrow is going to be just like today, so I must be homophobic!"

Words are more than just the sums of their roots, especially since the definition of those roots drift with time and usage. Just look up "anti-" in the dictionary. Lots of similar, but significantly different, definitions, depending on what the prefix is attached to.

Thor
Kase-san discussion 27 Aug 04:31
Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Crepe and Kase-san is only 10 pages?

And it looks like it will be heavy in the exposition dept, based on the art. Hmm.

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Just a question for those who know actual Japan: Is this sort a thing a major crime like it is here in the US? A minor crime? Not actually a crime but certainly grounds for termination? (I'm talking about the teacher/student shenanigans, of course--not the lesbian activity.)

In these stories, the teachers always seem a bit wary, but not afraid-of-landing-in-prison wary.

Thor
Kase-san discussion 22 Aug 00:54
Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Did Inoue looked kind of bothered in the last panel, like jealous or something? Still not convinced that Kase and Inoue really did dated each other. I think it's rather one sided, but the club made a big fuss about it. Even so, I smell trouble. Drama, incoming.

Yep, and since the next one is the last one (so far) published--and that was back in June, with no predicted release date given--you are going to waiting a loooong time for the for the drama to get resolved, especially since in the next chapter we end with a big cliff.

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Dammit, dammit, dammit!

Why didn't I check the forums before reading this? All the warning signs were there.

It might be overkill, but maybe a Vore tag would be appropriate here.

Ugh, soooo not fluffy goodness.

Thor
Kase-san discussion 18 Aug 21:33
Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Do you have a link to raws of 19? I've only seen ones through 18.

I could link you, but I'm not sure that links to /u/ on 4chan are allowed here.

Thor
Kase-san discussion 18 Aug 21:22
Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Erg. I know that there has to be some sort of conflict, otherwise there's nothing to build a story around, but Kase-san's complete obliviousness to Yamada's concern about senpai makes one feel that Kase is an idiot and therefore less sympathetic.

Yes, I know, I know. If Kase and senpai never had that type of relationship, it would be harder for her to imagine that Yamada thinks that they did. Still, she should be able to recognize by now when something has Yamada feeling miserable and insecure, because that seems to happen every week.

Thor
Kase-san discussion 10 Aug 18:37
Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

forgot this manga existed

You forgot that one of the top three yuri mangas existed!?!?

The mind boggles!

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

I really like all of Itou Hachi's other works, but this one feels all out of balance...

Strongly agreed. This story feels like a very belabored version of Master and Me. Same setup: waifish, unreliable girl enters relationship with older woman against her will (but it's okay because it turns out to be True Love™ or whatever), is bad at the things she's ostensibly been placed there for, has another older woman acting as a motherly caretaking figure, and the older woman in the relationship tolerates the younger one because she derives emotional support from her (much like a household pet).

Yeah, but in that one, the older woman has a lolicon ladyboner for the unreliable girl, so the woman has motivation for wanting the younger one around. In this one, the younger one has absolutely no redeeming features, as recognized by either the older one or the audience. Maybe it says something about it in the first two chapters, but I have absolutely no idea why the younger one is even there. and little motivation to reread and find out. As opposed to the abovementioned Master and Me, where everything made sense the first time.

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

It's really cute, but like... A while chapter of just someone being kinda useless... >.<

This whole series borders on that.

I really like all of Itou Hachi's other works, but this one feels all out of balance. The young wife seems to be completely without utility in every respect. She's not good with helping out. She's not the object of any romantic or amorous feelings. The older wife seems to be patient and amused with the younger wife, despite that the younger wife seems to only make the older wife's life harder, and seems happy enough to let the younger wife just hang around the house all day, but that doesn't put the younger wife in any higher station than a typical household pet. The only redeeming quality the younger wife seems to bring to the mix is that she comes with a very competent servant . . . or should I say "keeper"?

If the younger wife is meant to be the protagonist, she should have some quality that makes we, the readers, identify with her struggles and conflicts. But I'm not feeling any sort of empathy for her--merely pity.

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

And in Chapter 10, both rush to find the other and confess their feelings, and just as they are about to meet, they both get Fuuka'd by the same Truck-san.

THE END.

(Not really, but I imagine whatever Drama Llama wanders in for the next 2-5 chapters will be almost as execrably ham-fisted.)

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Side couples really are great!

I came in here to say the exact opposite thing!

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Agh. I am sooo reluctant to read anything here that doesn't have more extensive tagging. "yuri" doesn't tell me much. Is this comedy? Drama? Aaaaaangst? Tragedy? Moe?

Not going to read until I know the field is clear of landmines.

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Argh, when people upload these oversized webtoons without cutting them up, I just want to climb up into a bell tower with a box of hand grenades.

Having every page jump in size so that I constantly have to resize the view on my monitor is very much the dictionary definition of a crime against humanity. I only can hope that the robot apocalypse comes soon and all of humanity is wiped out so that no one will ever have to put up with this sort of abomination ever again.

Hehe, same. This is a cool one though, wish there were more chapters.

I'd rather have them in one long strip. It's distracting to me when they cut them and I see the edges of the next panel. At least we have the handy "Resize" button so you don't actually have to zoom in and out.

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?!

Hunh. I never noticed that button before. That'll save some grief.

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Argh, when people upload these oversized webtoons without cutting them up, I just want to climb up into a bell tower with a box of hand grenades.

Having every page jump in size so that I constantly have to resize the view on my monitor is very much the dictionary definition of a crime against humanity. I only can hope that the robot apocalypse comes soon and all of humanity is wiped out so that no one will ever have to put up with this sort of abomination ever again.

Thor
Fuel discussion 21 Jul 04:00
Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

It is bad of me that I want to see both of these characters get Fuuka'd by Truck-san?

last edited at Jul 21, 2016 4:00AM

Thor
Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Canada is where cute girls go to become adult lesbians. Believe it!

So THAT's why everyone seems to love the place. No wonder.

Hah! And I bet you thought it was for the healthcare!

Must be one heck of a healthcare if girls go lesbian for it.

I live in canada and almost all the girls here are straight, which sucks cause its kinda hard to find a girlfriend. [But the healthcare is pretty awesome!]

Um, almost all the girls are straight basically everywhere. It's unfortunate, but true. The only place where you can't swing a cat without hitting a lesbian is in yuri manga. This is why yuri manga is better than the real world.

On the other hand, there are actually a lot more lesbians (and gay men, bisexuals, asexuals, trans people, and queer folk of all sorts) than it seems at first glance, because many people are still living under the delusion that cis heterosexuality is the only rational/moral/natural sexuality. For those of us who remember the late 20th century, the amount of visibility and acceptance that QUILTBAG people have nowadays is absolutely breathtaking. (At least in civilized places like the EU and Canada, and semi-civilized places like America and Japan.)

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Rarely have I seen a manga that captures the true transcendent spirit of yuri in the way that this one does.

Yea, verily, it brought a tear to my eye.

Thor
Furumapura discussion 08 Jul 22:23
Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Cute bait:)
It's never discussed, but one day I hope they reveal Makoto's reason for her inability to speak.

It seems her vocal cords were damaged in the transformation experiment that made her a futanari. It's a shame how often that happens in manga.