Forum › Posts by Wlfking

Wlfking
Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

I bought the 2 omnibuses and while I did like them I have to admit, the yuri was so low key that It took me a minute to get interested in following the manga on this site. By time I tried to get caught up there was a lot to read. Then stuff kept happening. I downloaded chapters and the pages were out of order because of my phone. I ended up forgetting where I was. etc. I've only now figured out where I left off.

It's fun. Even though the main conflict doesn't really interest anymore. Most of the characters are still fairly interesting. The President is by far my favorite. I did write her off at first. I thought she existed for no reason other than to throw the rules out when the author felt like it. She kinda resembles Street Fighter's Karin and her partner looks like Sakura from that same series.

Wlfking
Image Comments 20 Mar 22:48
joined Apr 23, 2015
72946909_p0

I love Mokou's expression.

Wlfking
Image Comments 20 Mar 22:37
joined Apr 23, 2015
Cxhiojmukaalrv5-orig

Good chance this is the most important image I see this year. ^o^

Wlfking
Image Comments 20 Mar 22:35
joined Apr 23, 2015
Kitsune_maru_79708643_p0

Way to de escalate the situation Mokou

joined Apr 23, 2015

pfft. Zero romance experience(at the time, I assume) and writing about it anyway! Authors these days!
This is interesting. Nice to see yuri from other parts of the world.

Wlfking
joined Apr 23, 2015

This chapter was hilarious. Overdramatic as hell. I should feel sorry for both of them, but the way how they talking and shouting is too funny.

suddenly screaming in her face "I CAN ONLY SEE YOU AS A FRIEND!!" killed me lmao

Yeah. Wasn't this . . . at least a little more grounded when we started >_0 I remember really loving this. 'sept the crazy gushing tears effect the artist went with.

and yeah. Them screaming these lines was kinda nuts but . . . but it. Still. Got us through this whole unrequited confessing for catharsis thing.

I guess the most interesting thing was Kanade just trying to be helpful when Fujishiro brought up this issue. I feel a lot of other stories would beat us over the head with how the character in Kanade's positioning is getting jealous but the author didn't do that.

last edited at Mar 20, 2020 7:01AM

Wlfking
joined Apr 23, 2015

Note to self: Stay out of the comment section

Y'all really kill the mood

It's . . . a comment section. People are just saying what they feel. They aren't always going to agree with you.

Wlfking
joined Apr 23, 2015

To be fair, we do see Ito trying to reign in these negative impulses a few times in this very chapter.

As for the story it's . . . Erm. A good premise but I'm not sure about the execution.

Wlfking
joined Apr 23, 2015

Sweetest chapter yet! Such normal problems.

Wlfking
Still Sick discussion 11 Mar 18:54
joined Apr 23, 2015

hell yeahhhh get fucked dad

Ikr? How dare side characters be imperfect people like the leads.

Wlfking
Still Sick discussion 11 Mar 04:16
joined Apr 23, 2015

The bonus chapter included with the English release was as interesting as the credits page promised.
Past Shimizu tosses away contact info for a potential date in the most Shimizu way possible haha!

Wlfking
Still Sick discussion 11 Mar 00:12
joined Apr 23, 2015

So great! Hoped we'd see papa again.

Every part of this was so good. Maekawa is pro again. The bit about passing by book stores making her sad when she was on hiatus/quit forever.

Manga artists die Young? Oh my!

Shimizu buying multiple copies. One to spread the gospel and ended up giving one to Maekawa's papa!

If it must end in two more chapters, fine. But I could go with a half dozen more of them just having a slice of life.

last edited at Mar 11, 2020 12:13AM

Wlfking
Image Comments 07 Mar 18:19
joined Apr 23, 2015
Esdbmatvaaatsnj-orig

Terrific. And not a complaint but if I had to guess I think I would have thought there would be more Cammy x Juri art than this pair.

Wlfking
Image Comments 07 Mar 18:18
joined Apr 23, 2015
56276753_p0

Aw. This is really sweet.

Wlfking
Image Comments 07 Mar 18:16
joined Apr 23, 2015
79494548_p0

magnificent! love the colors so much.

Wlfking
Still Sick discussion 02 Mar 21:51
joined Apr 23, 2015

So lovely! So well done! I thought we might have the misunderstanding dragged out for no reason but nope. It lived short a life. Now its dead.

Such dialogue. 'A littl cheat'n.' kek.

Aw. It was just so good.

last edited at Mar 2, 2020 9:52PM

joined Apr 23, 2015

Think she needs to try more than just one day before writing off the rest of humanity or just try a find some hobbies to make her world not completely Shimamura.

I think she will find a balance.

Been wondering about the fact that Adachi is already part of the work force at that funktastic restaurant. What kind of tips do you think she gets?
What kind of tip would you leave her?
A. 15-20 percent of the bill.
B. No tip.
C. All the money.
D. All of some elses money.
E. Shimamura.

joined Apr 23, 2015

Will the author ever grace us with Shimamura imouto's actual name though?

Hopefully. To date he has not yet done so.

what i thought her name was shou

That is not her real name, it's a nickname of unknown random origin given by Yashiro. Her official given name has never yet been provided.

Edit to add: Also I personally now enjoy the little deviations from the main story with the two "side couples". I hated Yashiro in the beginning because she seemed out of place with her space alien nonsense in an otherwise "normal" world setting, and was utterly obnoxiously disruptive to the "yuri dynamic" we were wanting to watch happen between AdaShima in the main story. Now that she's been mostly relegated to a background and side character, she's fine.

I'm just not getting anything from her presence so far aside for boredom. Plus she resembles a moe blob character and I find those pretty annoying. At least when she had the helmet on I didn't have to put up with that "visual." and that's just in text. Then there is the anime . . . (manga too of course)

I hold out that there may be some pay off for putting up with her though.

Edit: But "that is just, like, my opinion bro." It's perfectly fine if other people like her and I have put up with moe blob anime for the sake of yuri. Lucky Star for example, though it was only subtext.

last edited at Feb 27, 2020 2:55PM

Wlfking
joined Apr 23, 2015

This is so nice. And so what I've wanted from a yuri manga for a long time. We can have at least one like this right?

joined Apr 23, 2015

I'm the only one to skip the bonus story at the end of chapters ? Not that I hate the characters but I can't bring myself to read those stories.

Erm. I didn't at first. Then I started to "read them later." But I'm sure I forgot to go back and read one or two of them.

I like the side characters except the blue haired one. I'm usually fine with side characters. I don't find them more interesting then the main pair in this case but I often do in other stories.

joined Apr 23, 2015

stahp sounding like me in your head Adachi. Thank you.
I know what it's like to try an leave your misanthropic-like ways and constantly wonder why the hell you are bothering. Doing that a lot lately. Sorry. Really sleepy. It's not that these last chapters have kept me up. It's more that my work schedule is just that jacked up.

Love this story. I don't know that I've ever read such a relatable introverted character . . . I'll try to be more coherent tomorrow. woo!

Wlfking
VAMPEERZ discussion 23 Feb 18:44
joined Apr 23, 2015

Jeez. Rivals to friends just like that. and here I thought this actually couldn't get any more silly than it already is. XP

joined Apr 23, 2015

Oh, I think Shimamura was definitely looking out to make sure she didn't run into Adachi's mother again, which is why she also faltered and repeated about the saunas, like she had about the gym in general etc. There's no question Adachikaasan would remember her, and it would be "what a pain" for Shimamura to have to deal with.

I think she was also looking out for her own mother a little too, with what was clearly good cause. (Also on that note, I'm sorry I didn't make that event with Shima's mom sneaking up in the pool clearer for everyone, somehow I understood the intent with how it was worded and didn't catch it should probably be clarified better.)

I knew it was her mother. I guess I can see why some might not have realized it was. It's been a while since the chapter where she did somethig similar. Shima even had a similar line. Telling her to act her age, if im remembering right.

joined Apr 23, 2015

It's funny how there inevitably end up being a lot of speculation and impressions after each chapter since they're translated one by one, whereas the author writes them to be consumed on a volume-by-volume basis. For all we know, next chapter will be from Shimamura's point of view and we'll get all the answers we want, and the author never intended for readers to agonize about them through forced stopping points.

Though this is a pretty interesting way of following the series in its own right and it sure beats having it done in chunks and to wait a long time for the next batch.

On this youtubers channel, they were talking about something similar in regards to t.v show binge culture and how getting an entire season at once causes it to be talked about slightly less compared to a weekly release schedule.

joined Apr 23, 2015

This may not my most coherent of comments. I need to be asleep hours ago.
But that was a great chapter. Intriguing as always.

Shima's reaction to the fight was a little surprising. Then it feels like a very Shima reaction. I don't necessarily need her entire take but more insight to her takeaway would be nice. Even if it's just mentioned in passing.

Funny seeing Shima keeping an eye out for Addachis mom at the pool. Kinda wanted mom to be there but figured it was too soon from a narrative perspective.

Shima has such a kooky sense of humor. I really like it.

She called her Sakura!