Forum › Posts by Yuki Kitsune

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

All too often, people treat their personal preferences or biases like they're objective truth. These kinds of people don't truly understand the meaning of opinion because their whole identity is built around beliefs. There's no point in listening to them.

As RAO says, I enjoyed LycoReco but it didn't make it on my list of all-time favorites. But that's just personal taste. I'm glad that the show gets the love it does and that you became so fond of it. My own tastes tend to run outside the mainstream, so I try to be cognizant of where I gush about them. It's great when you have people who share your tastes, but sometimes it takes effort to find them, and that can feel a bit lonely. It's one reason I value the community here on Dynasty. I may not know these people, but it's a place I can share my thoughts with those whose tastes at least overlap with mine.

The absolute best is when you find people who can appreciate your enthusiasm even when they don't necessarily have the same tastes. Those folks are worth their weight in platinum.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

"They should be among the stars right now..."

(The danger of reading an author's works all in one sitting.)

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

^ This sounds like Sumire no Hana (aka Sumire's Flowers or Violet Blossoms ). It was published in a collection from Kaoru Mori, which appears to be licensed to Yen Press.

last edited at Nov 6, 2023 6:53PM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Beautiful chapter, and a great example of why this series made it onto my Favorites list so quickly. Thanks for the hairpin explanation!

Note to TL: seems the word "each" is missing from "...first time we've seen other in the morning." Fixed.

last edited at Nov 2, 2023 12:30PM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Idk if this is too niche but do any of you know any yuri where one or both of the girls have hair that's wavy or has volume? Like Nadeshiko from "Please notice me, Hinako-san!" or Kyougoku from "Nomura Nao and Kyougoku Hina" tyy

Was going to suggest Transistor Venus, but it's a very different style from the examples. (Might skip the first chapter, depending on what you're searching for.)

last edited at Oct 27, 2023 10:47PM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Both happy and sad to see this one featured. Such gift; such loss.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Heck, I'll take a yuri version of LOTR any day !

I suppose the One Ring would extend her lifespan . . .

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Brought to you by the twins, Ho & Mo Lee.

I accidentally read the conclusion first, but it really drew me in. Don't normally go for the Lots of sex stuff, but this manages to be a really heartwarming story where the sex doesn't feel at all gratuitous.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Aya's like three gay panics rolled into one.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I feel like this could be titled, "Princess Doesn't Dare Fall Asleep in the Demon Castle."

last edited at Jul 7, 2023 10:12AM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

@Greenman055

Is my description too vague

Blooms in Sunny Places might fit one of those descriptions.

For the other, is it possible that it's a manga artist rather than a story writer? Not that I have anything specific in mind. Just a vague memory of something along those lines.

last edited at Jul 5, 2023 7:26PM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

IDK, does this count as Student x Teacher or not?

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I just started reading this yesterday morning. Imagine my surprise when I got to the end of 6.1 and there was a "next" button!

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Shion and Yor have a new contender, it seems.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Didn't think much about it at first, but when I replied to the post, it appeared that they had tried to include spam links (just didn't use Dynasty syntax.)
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/860173

Edit: And I see the post before mine is regarding the same user.

last edited at Jun 16, 2023 8:54AM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I'm looking for more good non-erotic Yuri where the main cast are adults. I've already read crescent moon and doughnut, along with my cute little kitten.

Collectors
Ebisu-san and Hotei-san
Edible Flowers (While it has the Age gap tag, the characters are both working adults.)
Cirque Arachne
The Two of Them Are Pretty Much Like This
Under One Roof (Incomplete)

If you don't mind bi/het mixed in, the focus of these is on the yuri:
Run Away with Me Girl
Ohana Holoholo

The Adult Life tag would be a good starting point, too.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Is this series actually ongoing, or has any continuation been replaced by the serialized version?

Yuki Kitsune
Maple Love discussion 19 May 17:32
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I can't find the two page continuation, somebody help pls

You can also find it here if you search "Maple Love": https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/maple_love_extra

Lists a different author. Probably why it's not obvious.

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Ick factor 8/10; those last three pages left me feeling ill. Kyou-chan checks off almost every bad vibe in the book.
Looked like it had potential, but I don't think I can read this one. :(

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Searching for a one shot.
The plot centres around two schoolgirls with a passion for art, and grow competitive with each other.
They visit an art supply(?) shop run by an old woman, and buy paint, specifically the brand Schminke(?) I could be wrong but an actual paint brand is named.
I vaguely remember the end scene being the old woman passes away unexpectedly the next time the girls visit after having a fight between them, leaving them guilty.

And that's about all I can describe. :,D
It is a vague and choppy description, sorry for that. I appreciate any help as I really liked the art style of this manga.

The Two of the Art Club

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Well if it really is ending soon then I'm glad. It has been losing steam by quite a lot in those last chapters and it especially took a dive when it started mirroring comments about "Is this yuri?!"

Agreed, this is the most disappointed I have ever been about a couple going official. Feel kinda like what was unique about their dynamic is gone.

Honestly unless the conclusion they reach is “haven’t we been going out all along?” I feel like this is just undermining most of the series in a way.

I think it would be difficult to have an ending like that. Kasumi, I feel, has already acknowledged that Sakurako is looking for something more definitive in this sequence of pages. But I still expect that their relationship will continue on as something that doesn't neatly fit into anyone else's box. Just because they don't have a typical relationship doesn't mean that there isn't a desire for some form of recognition that they are sharing their lives -- the knowledge that they are together because they want to be, not just because it's convenient.

Without that, the series starts looking a bit like Stretch.

last edited at May 5, 2023 4:58PM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Waitamoment what happened with all her winnings?
She won so many times at the slot machine she had two big boxes filled with tokens or whatever. I'm not sure how this business works in Japan but surely the token thingies can be exchanged for money or prizes - right?

She won the biggest prize of all: a girl's heart.

I believe gambling is actually illegal in Japan due to its association with yakuza. So you can get cheap prizes but not money. The shady workaround for this is that some of the prizes can be exchanged for cash nearby. The trick is finding out what and where.

Yuki Kitsune
Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

What? There's no melon in melonpan!? My whole world is a lie!!

Seriously though, been sitting on this series a while and finally started reading it. I love how the author manages the subtle differences between things like acceptance versus understanding and reason versus instinct. The characters are beyond their years in ways, but still very much at their age. I hesitate to use the word "realistic" to describe it, but it's certainly "genuine." Feels like a topic that is close to the mangaka's heart.