Forum › Posts by Sisyphus

Sisyphus
joined Dec 3, 2014

They still haven't revealed all the authors yet, have they?

They have

天野しゅにんた 『宇宙で一番可愛い女の子』- Amano Shuninta
伊咲ウタ 『ミシン』 - Isaki Uta
伊藤ハチ 『ことりとブラシェール』- Itou Hachi
江島絵理 『秘密にさせて』 - Ejima Eri
奥たまむし 『ソフレ進化形』 - Tamamusi
カボちゃ 『もう夏は来ないけれど』 - Kabocha
川浪いずみ 『卒業ピアス』 - Kawanami Izumi
缶乃 『無職とJK』 - Canno
北尾タキ 『週休5日の姫と 騎士』- Kitao Taki
タカダフミ子 『私のママ』- Takada Fumiko
唯野影吉 『わたししかしらない。』 - Tadano Eikichi/Kagekichi ? I'm not so sure about the reading
仲谷 鳰 『いつだって横顔』 - Natakani
平尾アウリ 『内緒シェアリング』- Hirao Auri
フライ 『花に嵐』- Flyco
むっしゅ 『幸せの黄色いひよこ』- Mussha
結川カズノ 『つつじ辻』 - Yuikawa Kazuno

Otsu Hiyori's story is okay. Too early for me to say much, since her story usually doesn't really take off for me till the later chapter.

last edited at May 30, 2017 1:47AM

Sisyphus
joined Dec 3, 2014

Definitely am ordering vol 4. Still considering Eclair 2. Nakatani, Tamamusi, & Shunita do have my interest tho. I'm rlly hoping that the stories are longer this time around. Eclair 1 was rather underwhelming, tbh.

I will definitely buy it for Nakatani, Tamamusi, Flyco and Hirao Auri. I hate Hirao Auri's resolution and endings but gosh I still love her characters and stories' quirkiness.
Also don't be hopeful about the story being long, considering they have 16 authors participating this time.
But if there is one thing I know for sure will happen it's Onee-Loli stuff. Itou Hachi and Ejima Eri in the same anthology, God forbids.

& I still haven't bought Galette 2 yet...

I'm neutral on their oneshots but Momono Moto and Morinaga Milk's serialization are great.

last edited at May 30, 2017 12:55AM

Sisyphus
joined Dec 3, 2014

The 250k figure is number of circulation for all 3 volume, which includes all the tankoubon have been sold + printed and currently in stock. It's not the same as sale number, also figure given by the publisher tends to be inflated a little. Realistic expectation would have Yagakimi at around 300k-350k circulation by the time vol 4 is out. Would have to see if its 1st week can chart Oricon to say if it's a "big" hit and is public friendly (the cut line for Oricon each week is around 15-30k, however their number is underestimated). And as far as I remember the only yuri ever manage to chart Oricon are Murcielago and Yuru Yuri.

Still, one thing for sure is it has been a success for Dengeki Daioh. The magazine has always been yuri friendly, but I don't think they ever realize the potential until YagaKimi comes out. They've been slowly pushing yuri with Eclair, and a new yuri serialization will start in the magazine next month (though I'm not very hopeful about this one given the synopsis. But we will have to wait and see).

I can see Eclair becomes a quarterly or bi-yearly thing since it's a low risk venture, but anything more, like a YagaKimi anime is still highly unlikely, unless Dengeki really feels the need to push book sale.

But maybe if enough Eclair and Yagakimi tanks are sold then they will have a change of heart. So go place your order today. Eclair Blanche is also super stacked, their line up is pretty much golden so confirm you will get something good out of it.

PS: Buy Galette while you're at it too

last edited at May 30, 2017 12:19AM

Sisyphus
joined Dec 3, 2014

I'm from /u/ scanlation and we already finished chapter 3 and 4 of KimiAetara (with translation up to chap 5).

We pick this series up because the series is low priority for Chaosteam and we didn't expect them to upload it to Dynasty, but now that it's here maybe we can negotiate. I already request it to be uploaded but haven't heard anything back yet.

last edited at May 28, 2017 9:38PM

Sisyphus
Image Comments 26 May 23:54
joined Dec 3, 2014
C-eb5z6uqaa28k_

To provide some context, Lion-Moose have a rivalry relationship in the series before they become friends at the end. Though Moose is still all about the competition while Lion just wants to chill. At the end of the last ep, Moose met another big cat - Jaguar and commented about how she looked strong and seemed to be interested in fighting her.
The parody here is the gaijin 4koma, the 3 in the 3rd panels are all very strong animals (jaguar, wolf, bear) and that's why Moose is interested in them (much to Lion's dismay).

last edited at May 26, 2017 11:58PM

Sisyphus
joined Dec 3, 2014

New chapter spoiler
Practice for the play. Touko was good but she got stumped in the second half.
Yuu asked Konomi if she was okay with the ending and Konomi got no problem with it.
Yuu thought there was something wrong with Touko and approached Sayaka to ask about it but Sayaka refused to tell her.
Yuu invited Touko home and Touko confided the sister stuff with her. Lots of cuddling and kissing.
Touko asked Yuu if she will not fall in love with her. Yuu said she got it. Touko then told Yuu: "I hate myself, so I wouldn't be able to love someone who says they love the things I hate, right? But I want to keep loving you." (It feels like a threat to me)
Yuu sort of admitted to herself that she is in love (you will understand if you read the chapter). Called Touko a fool.
She called Konomi and asked her to change the play ending.

So much stuff packed in one chapter. I'm glad we got both cuddling and plots rolling.
Also some good news: new yuri series serialization on Dengeki starts from 27/6, together with the release of YagaKimi vol 4 and Eclair 2.

last edited at Apr 26, 2017 11:37AM

Sisyphus
joined Dec 3, 2014

The thing about Futaribeya is, while the author always visions the mains as being in a relationship, Editor-san comes in and said "Nope, please turn down the yuri."

So what we got in the end is a weird compromise. Kasumi and Sakurako actualy did comtemplating the possibilities of being in a relationship (in previous chapter or so I think, or maybe that one hasn't been translated?), but realize that it would make absolutely no difference from what they are already having so they just move on and assume their lives as normal. Thus they have no problem admit their attractions to the other girl to themselves or do things like kissing, but we'll never see anything coined "explicit" like a love confession.

The latest chapter have them trying to get to uni and looking for an apartment to live together after they graduate from high school. It's refreshing to see a sloth like Kasumi actually trying to work to save money for their future together. Also one has Kasumi kissed Sakurako to pass her medicine.

So I would say this can still be passed as yuri for those just want to read comfy SOL between two girls and don't ask for stuff like smooching.

Also the kiss in this chapter was lewd. It would probably involve a lot of tongue though.

last edited at Jan 21, 2017 1:24AM

Sisyphus
joined Dec 3, 2014

Why would you read what is essentially a hentai doujin with 24 pages and expects stellar writing and a moving love story?

I think it's because the author Ogino Jun had set a pretty high bar with his first series, Gamma, which did indeed have some amazing writing and not one but two well-written love stories. This is the reason why some readers, including me, were/are hoping for another story from him that combines an interesting setting and quirky but believable characters with lots of over-the-top action, postmodern references, and plain ol' sexiness just as well as Gamma did. Unfortunately for us (i.e. for people who expected more of the same), Ogino's most recent works increasingly focused on the sexiness part -- in his very particular lolicon yuri way -- to the exclusion of everything else.

While it is the indisputable right of every author to pursue the topics in their fiction that they want to explore, rather than what their (non-paying) readers want, I am still a little disappointed by the direction Ogino has apparently taken since 2015. I do have hope, however, that he is just taking a sabbatical after what must have been a rather stressful first major project for him, before returning to and improving upon his earlier style and work.

I still think people take what is essentially a fetish hentai manga a little bit too seriously though.

It was being published in a hentai magazine, it is ridden with hentai trope, the author didn't even try to make bullshit excuse for the relationship, overall everything is there is just to lead readers to the sex.

Still, I think the only excuse of Ogino not having another shounen at the moment is guy just wants to draw lesbians making out, or no editor from average shounen mag can withstand his crazy love for yuri. His editor probably doesn't want so much yuri and yet he refuses to tone it down. Remember, Gamma was published in Jump SQ, a major shounen mag (with only a few of its works are NSFW), yet Ogino was still trying to squeeze yuri, LEWD yuri in every major corners possible. And even now when he draws H he would only draws Yuri.

Well but similar to you, I hope he will calm down after sometime and manage to churn out another action pack series though. Man's art is just too good.

last edited at Jan 17, 2017 1:35PM

joined Dec 3, 2014

Why do people here hate the guy so much? To be honest, he is the most decent character throughout the series. Always rooting for yuri but considering how much the two girls hurt each other later, I rather have her ending up with him.

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 4:27AM

joined Dec 3, 2014

Wow, the OOC is real.

Like many others have stated here, this may work well as an original story. But for a doujin it's definitely quite a turn off.

Sisyphus
joined Dec 3, 2014

That letter serves more of a What-if scenario, by one of the infinite Yukari in other worlds.

Noone can convince me that this series doesn't have a happy ending and Yukari didn't end up into a giant beside Manabu.

joined Dec 3, 2014

Yeah. I think they will in the future, just initial reactions are gonna be bitter.

Yeah, we're just too stupid to know our own minds. But your wisdom will surely rub off on us peons sooner or later.

Seriously? Why resort to ad hominum because you're impassioned? Take a breath, I did nothing of what you suggested. I said that initial reactions are going to be bitter, and in the future, they will understand.

Ad hominem in what sense? I characterized your claim as being patronizing; I didn't characterize you as anything in particular except, I suppose, someone who occasionally says patronizing things.
You did exactly what I suggested. You're saying that everyone who disagrees with you only does so because unlike you, they haven't thought it through. Unfortunately, those who don't see your magisterial viewpoint are slaves to their emotions, but eventually that will pass, leaving them able to think, and then they will be able to understand your superior perspective. This also conveniently means you don't have to argue your position, because after all anyone who disagrees is only doing it because their reason has been overcome by blind passions.
Maybe you didn't notice that that's what you were doing. Maybe it's not what you intended to do. But it's what you did. Rather than accusing me, as long as you're so immune to emotional influence on your judgments, the non-emotional logical thing to do would be to retract the statement.

And just for the record, I take issue with the claim. My opinion is based firmly on considered views about ethical behaviour. These views tend to be fairly in tune with my emotional reactions but are far from being identical to them. It is certainly not going to magically morph into being against much of what I stand for after my emotional reaction to the manga recedes. But thanks all the same for presuming to know my own mind better than I do.

Wow haha. Not really relevant to the story but your comment is gold. Exactly what I feel about that comment but can't really put into words. English is not my first language so sometimes I still have trouble expressing what I want to convey.

All of this stuff blaming the victim here seems a bit revisionist. Near as I can make out, Ruki was very straightforward. She simply and flat out confessed love, and then started inviting Sachi out on dates, talking to her intimately, and apparently (although it's skimmed past rather vaguely) having sex with her. If Sachi thought Ruki was just playing around, it's not because of anything Ruki did and certainly not because she, y'know, asked or anything.

This. With Ruki being so honest and upfront, it is difficult to think that someone like her would just "play around". I think Sachi did know Ruki was really in love with her, it's just that Sachi considered it just the impulse of youth, a "phase" that she would soon grow past. Or maybe it's herself who doesn't want to commit seriously into this relationship from the start.

last edited at Feb 23, 2015 6:39AM

joined Dec 3, 2014

And finally, about cheating? Not inherently bad. It's up to the partner. Ruki doesn't seem to want Sachi to apologize, so she doesn't have to apologize.

Sometimes, victims of abuse might be too broken or too scared to ask for justice with their abusers. Doesn't make the > abuser any less of a terrible person.

Except... Ruki isn't being abused? Like, not in any way even remotely is she even close to being abused? Even if their relationship was explicit and exclusive... which I don't think it is... it's not abuse when your girlfriend has sex with someone else and then isn't sorry.

I don't know if that's what you mean, but I've read a good number of people in this discussion just kind of blithely mixing together cheating and abuse, and it's starting to get weird.

I dont mean to mix cheating with abuse. If that is what it sounds like to you, sorry for havent been clear enough.
Cheating, while very different from abuse in the physical sense, can deal as much just as much emotional damage to the person at the short end. Victim of abuse tends to think that they are unworthy, not good enough and they themselves are the reason the abusers lay their hand on them. What Ruki was feeling in this chapter is very much akin to that, she put all the blame on herself and her self esteem was basically crushed to dust. Sachi hurt Ruki, destroyed her ego, and even if Ruki was not asking for an apologize, if she was a decent being she at least should have feel sorry for her.

The other thing: Ruki wasn't even that bothered by Remi and Sachi having sex, because she was pretty much expecting to get dumped from the start anyway. Really can't get why people are so fixated on the "cheating" when A: that's not really what was even happening, and B: It's not all that central to the characters' arcs, here.

Ruki did care about it. A lot. You wouldnt have seen her saying why she couldnt be like Remi if that wasnt the case.

last edited at Feb 23, 2015 3:14AM

joined Dec 3, 2014

Okay, Ruki emotionally manipulated a fragile Sachi into having sex. Yes, there was True Love behind it (not that she ever really KNEW Sachi beyond the pedestal she placed her on).

It's difficult to know her when at that time Sachi didn't even know herself.

Yes, it was low self-esteem and wounded pining that motivated her, not malice or sociopathy. But she knew she was one of Sachi's only confidants, and she still pounced immediately after the thing with the ex-boyfriend went down, AND she went through with the act despite Sachi clearly not being into it. Very not okay.

True.

And a much better example of "not considering your partner's feelings" than anything Sachi has done.

Nope. Nope. Nope. Ruki was very invested in giving Sachi what she thought Sachi "wanted". She also put in effort trying to understand her and satisfy her. She failed, sure, but her failing at it doesn't make her effort disappear.
Sachi, on the other hand, never so much gave a single cent of thought about Ruki. The relationship is as much as a passing fun for her, as she never considered Ruki's feelings as being serious. Her nonchalant attitude was what killed Ruki, given the poor girl doesn't have much self-esteem to begin with. Her final talk with Ruki is all about her, from the beginning in the end, the idea of Rukia being hurt by her doesn't even seem to pop up or trigger anything in her at all. Ruki may as well be dust speck in her eyes.

I'm not saying Ruki is a terrible person, necessarily. But she is definitely a passive, immature, avoidant person. She assumed that she'd have to be the dominant one (because she's gayer, I guess), but her version of being a dominant partner is retreating into work and not talking to Sachi for weeks... and refusing to even define the relationship in the first place. That's never going to work. And it's Ruki's fault.

I agree to this to some certain extent. Thought I think what Ruki wants to achieve is not dominance in the relationship, but to be a "cooler" person, the kind Sachi was always seeking.

I can't shake the feeling that a lot of people want Sachi to just be Ruki's cute little perfect girlfriend, "won" fair and square from the fact that Ruki totally crushed on her for a long time in silent distress. Like, if the manga had ended right after Sachi said she'd consider maybe going out with Ruki, it'd be... happy? Personally, I think this is way more positive, because at least the power imbalances caused by Ruki's crush... and the immaturity on both their parts... are starting to get addressed.

To be honest, between a passive confused girl and a scumbag cheater, I would choose the passive girl over 1000 times. But since this is a story, I would say it always good to have some progress and character development, no matter what kind.

But while Sachi got some progress, what did Ruki got for herself ? She was utter crushed into a complete mess, who was saying yes to everything as long as it was with the person she loves. That's just regression.

And finally, about cheating? Not inherently bad. It's up to the partner. Ruki doesn't seem to want Sachi to apologize, so she doesn't have to apologize.

Sometimes, victims of abuse might be too broken or too scared to ask for justice with their abusers. Doesn't make the abuser any less of a terrible person.

And I wasn't saying Sachi is flawless, or that what she's done is good and Ruki should feel honored, hell no. I can see where the negatives about her are in this chapter. Just because I say it's beautiful doesn't mean I think it's a happy ending; it's beautiful in the sense that it's realistic. Ruki is that timid person that will continue running back to Sachi because she loves her and doesn't know why, just like those people who can't get out of abusive relationships. Sachi doesn't have to apologize because she knows Ruki will accept anything she says for the sake of her feelings. It's unhealthily realistic and that's why I love it. I guess this makes me a bad person.

I think many would feel the same way about the story like you. But the story being realistic isn't a reason for people to stop being upset about it. In fact, it may have the opposite effect.

As for me, I think the reason for my quite biased view and my disdain for Sachi is the fact that she reminds me of abusers from real life so much.

last edited at Feb 23, 2015 1:50AM

joined Dec 3, 2014

Yeah. I think they will in the future, just initial reactions are gonna be bitter.

Yeah, we're just too stupid to know our own minds. But your wisdom will surely rub off on us peons sooner or later.

I find it amusing you say this immediately after saying how bad it was to diss an actual person rather than a character.

I don't really think that can be considered dissing, There's slight annoyance of disagreement in it, but that's it. But still, yes, he shouldn't have attacked that statement, and you shouldn't have attacked his, too.

It's kinda funny how Sacchan and Ruki relationship turns out to mirror her relationship with the ex-boyfriend. Yeah, Sacchan has grown, but she gained it upon the expense of utterly crushing Ruki until she is broken into pieces. The 1 month she spent cheating and how she told Ruki about it has shown she never gave a single thought about Ruki's well-being. She laughed when the girl who devoted everything to her broke down crying. She is a freaking cruel and terrible person, the kind of abuser who makes their victims feel bad because they think they are not good enough.

last edited at Feb 22, 2015 10:52PM

Sisyphus
Opapagoto discussion 02 Jan 22:19
joined Dec 3, 2014

Now I don't need to buy the next volume. rofl waffle.
Supposedly main heroine focus Ayumi got tossed aside with not even a bonus chapter to redeem her in some way eh? How unfortunate. I sorta expected a bonus chapter at least.

Well, no matter main heroine or not, Ayumi's lost actually has been made clear as day as the story progresses so its not really unpredictable or asspull anything.

but yeah, im also mad that she got nothing to redeem herself. The tank is not out yet so there is still hope for a bonus chapter.

And pls use spoiler.

last edited at Jan 2, 2015 10:39PM

Sisyphus
Opapagoto discussion 02 Jan 10:39
joined Dec 3, 2014

So raw of the last chapter of Opapagoto is out and anyone wants to avoid spoiler can stop reading the lines below.

To be honest, I've always expected this manga to have an open end with no resolution between the mother and the daughter, and everything would be kept at status quo. After Haruhi left, the family would eventually find a way for her to come back, and that's it.

But in the end we got a solid yuri ending, with a full-blown victory for the Yukari and even a kiss. Yep, not a single thread of hope remained for Ayumi here. So kudos to the author for at least making a conclusive end.

Now to discuss about Yukari - Ayumi and their relationship with Haruhi. I think this is one of the compelling aspect of the story though (for me only maybe), yet also one of its weakest point

The thing is, even if I ship Yukari-Haruhi, I myself didn't really believe Yukari would win. This is because, as the way the story was presented, Ayumi was always the person closest to the role of the heroine. She was the first person to meet Haruhi , the first to like her, and the most important thing is, she was the only one in the family that we got to see inner dialogue, together with Haruhi. And as always, she would be the first one to act, the first one to reach out when things happen.

Such a contrast to Yukari. Ayumi is clearly everything she is not.

While Ayumi subconsciously rejected the system, Yukari was definitely the one who embraced it the most. She was so into the play that even she even got Haruhi freaked out. She is the last one who got introduced into the picture, and also the most composing and calculated one. In an arc, she would only appear at the end, and magically solve thing by "pulling some strings". You would expect a character like this to slowly fade into the background, as she realized the love of main heroine for MC, she would try to bring them together.

Ah, but the thing is, in this manga, Yukari fell for Haruhi. It's just one moment, and boom, all chance for Ayumi is like, gone. Because at the moment they become competitors, Ayumi has lost. The chemistry between Yukari and Haruhi is simply just one Ayumi and Haruhi doesn't have. Because from the start, Haruhi has never seen Ayumi more than a friend, and that's why even after a tearing confession, Haruhi can only kindly reject her when whoop, a kiss and Yukari completely swept Haruhi away.

Ayumi fails because instead of being the one defying fate (where she is being put as the daughter), she is actually riding on fate herself (the paper plane), while Yukari, who embraced it most, in the end turn it around for her favour. First love and fate, things like that don't always work out. And what taken Haruhi's heart, was not eagerness and perseverance from the crush of a young maiden, but instant infatuation from the moment she met Yukari and Yukari's love, though quiet, is burning with passion.

So why is it bad? Because in the end, Ayumi is just... there. All her dialogues, all her development, at the end, is for nothing, and she is pushed to the sideline. The story would be so much better if she IS the narrator, and at the end of the story, she would finally have st for herself to reflect and live on. This solution also justifies all the spotlight she got in the story. It can be like "At the Bottom of the Staircase to Adulthood", a story which i tremendously like and recommend. I wish the author would give her some closure in bonus chapter, because with how it ended now I just feel bad for her. It is puzzling to me why the author decided to give Ayumi so much screen time, when clearly he has chosen Yukari as the winner from the start.

End of my rant.

On a side note, the kiss between Yukari and Haruhi totally got me screaming like crazy. Oh boy!

last edited at Jan 2, 2015 1:54PM

joined Dec 3, 2014

I found this a little unsatisfying, for the most part. At least compared to their other work.

You are not the only one. It was definitely rapey. Maki's line "you invited me in so I can have my way with you" made me cringe. While Nico may have subconsciously wanted it, and may gave her consent at the end, it seems to me that she only did that because well... there's no thing else she could do already, so may as well just go with the flow.

Maybe I'm just thinking to much since this is porn... but I still prefer it to be consensual. That's why I don't like Ooshima's Maki, who seems to be horny 24/7 and just wants to get into her gf's pants no matter Nico's discomfort.

Nevertheless, Crystal Sugar and Machine Gun is still a wonderful read though. A little cliche, yes, but it gives a very nice and plausible depiction of the girls' lives in the future given their background. Ooshima's comment about Nico's mom is also quite on point and interesting. I think Ooshima is totally capable of capturing the character, it's just... she chooses to make porn.

Hope we can see some serious stuff from her in the future. We're definitely in no lack of NicoMaki porn though.

last edited at Dec 17, 2014 12:58AM

Sisyphus
Opapagoto discussion 03 Dec 02:33
joined Dec 3, 2014

As yuri goes, I don't believe the premise/setup necessarily has to be an obstacle considering we've already got the MC as an impersonator. If the girl who was originally supposed to be the 'father' returns at some point, and the family manages to persist/stay in one piece after that ordeal, then I think that would speak to the strengths of their relationships in reality (particularly with the mother).

I will say that I'm rooting for the Mother x Father pair myself. Additionally, I'm pretty fond of the whackiness of the art, which reminds me of Comprehensive Tovarisch. I'm with Nezchan in that the ending of ch. 3 was a downer, but everything else considered feel like the series is doing pretty fine as a whole (for now anyway. It's still early days yet.).

True, i also enjoy the art of this series very much.

And sorry for the spoiler, I'm very new to thus forum thus I'm not really familiar with the tag function.

Sisyphus
Opapagoto discussion 03 Dec 00:16
joined Dec 3, 2014

I'm not really into the "fate" thing so while its true that at the start only paper plane girl 's affection is genuine, I don't really feel like rooting for her.

On the other hand, while its true that the mom just plays along with her role, it seems like she eventually did end up falling for MC and acknowledge her as the person she is (not who she is impersonating)

And so far, aside from the occasional blushing since the mom is too erotic, the main hasnt show any interest in neither of them.

So i would say their chance is 50/50 though. Would be nice if first girl doesnt win for once.

(Nez Note I assume that was a spoiler since it's not something that happens in this chapter, so i tagged it for you.)

last edited at Dec 3, 2014 12:39AM