Forum › Posts by Skyrin

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Wait, what have these two been doing outside that makes Ruriko blush over it...?

Oh good I am not the only one with that question on top after reading the chapter!

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Why are all these fantasy isekai always so fucking violent these days? Like no shade against anyone enjoying this particular story, it seems fairly interesting from the chapters I checked out, but I know people who equate the level of brutality in a story to its level of quality and I just don't get it.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

"Reading with love" is a rather tall order sensei, but reading with some kind of peculiar amusement is doable. Hopefully it all goes maximum trash in the final chapters.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

In the end, that the author was able to write this story well and is receiving recognition for it matters a lot more than (and, if I think about it, comes less as a surprise) than a bunch of random people on these forums.

These kinds of comments keep popping up in discussions here, you know the "yeah well, the author could not care less about your random negative opinions" and such, like it's the biggest gotcha ever.

Firstly, no duh, this is not a shocking revelation. Secondly, I really doubt they could give a rat's ass about glowing positive comments either coming from people who pirated their work anyway. It's so silly trying to bring the author into it as if they are your friend, or like a person you can tag in as an impenetrable shield. When was appeal to popularity ever a good argument anyway? This isn't even a slight on Takeshima Eku or anyone else, good for them for being popular, it's just such a vapid argument to start throwing any given work's success around when you don't like other people saying mean things about it (putting aside trollish drive-by posts anyway).

Anywho sorry for the meta commentary, how about that Shiho eh?

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

So cheesy, my god. I will allow this.

So let me get this straight--all's well with Shiho's over-the-top shenanigans because Aki has changed?

"Don't blame me if you end up regretting this." Well, that's certainly consistent characterization, at any rate.

But also agreed with this take.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Ahh yes, good old internet discourse, where everything is either the purest form of trash or unparalleled work genius. Well, I suppose it makes some sense to swing for the fences when trying to counter opposing thoughts. You are probably not going to convince anyone anyway, so might as well go big or go home!

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

These two previous chapters have been pretty boring. First Nanase does the reasonable thing and walks away, I definitely expected something a lot more dumb and entertaining. As for this latest chapter, nothing much happened at all I guess, just Yuni being Yuni because that's what Yuni do. Ah well, maybe next time eh?

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

In the twitter, on the last panel Narita has "4649".

I am in no way questioning the translation, I'm just curious how that number equates to "pleased to join you"?

4649 = yon-roku-shi-kyu = yoroshiku

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I'm sorry this was a pretty cute series, but that was the "that's it?"iest of all the "that's it?" endings out there. Well maybe not, but probably up there! I wonder if the author had to cut it short for any number of possible reasons? Ah well, thanks anyway, and to the translators as well.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Started cute, ended cute.

I’m good.

Was pretty darn cute for the duration too. Can't complain.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I don't think anything will ever top "May I Ask For One Final Thing?" for me when it comes to this particular story opening trope. So damn satisfying.

That the one where the villainess beats the shit out of a room full of nobles?

That's the one, and then she proceeds to pummel bunch or other people and things as her primary problem solving method. Good times. I mean she's not really the villainess of the story of course but still.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I don't think anything will ever top "May I Ask For One Final Thing?" for me when it comes to this particular story opening trope. So damn satisfying.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

It's not a proper comment section unless you get slapped in the face with Poe's Law so hard your cheek stings for a good while afterwards.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I guess Fuuko is bad at being Japanese because she surely loves confrontation.

Also I thought the main gripe people have about Yuni is that she has the IQ of a turnip? Or maybe that's just me.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Also I dont care much about cheating, never thought it was that big of a deal personnally so... shrug

Even when it is happening right in front of you? I mean not to knock on anyone's kink of course!

Words of gold.

Nanase is the poster girl of taking your lover for granted.

And the story shows us what are the costly consequences of this mistake.

Jesus Christ some of you talk about this teenage love drama like we are dealing with earth shattering events here. xD

Ten years down the line these three -- Nanase playing her ball games or whatever, Fuuko scoring with some hot sugar mama, Yuni in a trash heap somewhere -- look back and think to themselves, "that sure happened in high school huh? Oh well"

last edited at May 19, 2023 1:10AM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

This story is a riot, it's heading towards an absolutely farcical direction. Nanase is oblivious, Yuni is a moron and Fuuko is a cartoon character. The fact that this, ehm, talk is happening while Yuni is getting actively groped and undressed is so bizarre and silly it's hard not to laugh.

ngl this is getting a little silly for my taste

Just gotta embrace it, it's the only way to stay sane... enough.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Going back to the older stuff reminding again how easily led by the nose Yuni really is ahaha. It's so much easier to enjoy this wild ride when you just take it as a comedy.

But cheating on Nanase is like murdering a drug dealer. The act itself is wrong, but you're allowed not to feel bad for the "victim."

damn, the comments are wild!

Gotta agree with the second quote lol

last edited at Apr 30, 2023 4:24AM

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Well. Damn.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Shiho manages to add a bit more drama without even appearing in the chapter (outside flashbacks), what a pro.

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

BoobTwinkler posted:

It's a child. Please, no.

Omichi please stop falling for the literal child.

They're both children, you're overreacting.

No, they're pixels on your monitor.

For a moment we all thought it was real, thank goodness you set us straight.

Set us Straight? Is that what this was all about

Hah, I knew someone could not resist jumping on that word choice.

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

BoobTwinkler posted:

It's a child. Please, no.

Omichi please stop falling for the literal child.

They're both children, you're overreacting.

No, they're pixels on your monitor.

For a moment we all thought it was real, thank goodness you set us straight.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Urgh why does this have to drive the triangle so hard... but on the other hand the characters and art are so nice, how frustrating.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Perfect extra chapters do exist.

Skyrin
Still Sick discussion 09 Apr 05:29
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I am happy as anyone to see these two again, but also how the heck did this end almost three years ago already?? I mean sure I bought the actual books in between there so maybe that makes it feel more recent but still, jeeeez...

Skyrin
Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Mission: Steal Kase away from Yamada
Difficulty: Impossible