Forum › Posts by Kazu-kun

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I'm not sure why some people think Aya liked Erika. No one liked Erika. lol

I think it's pretty clear Aya liked Koto but she had some emotional issues to deal with, or more like existential issues. If you pay attention to the dialog between Aya and Koto, Aya seems to question about her place in the world, which is pretty heavy stuff to talk about between school girls:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/how_to_break_a_triangle_ch01#19
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/how_to_break_a_triangle_ch01#20
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/how_to_break_a_triangle_ch01#21
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/how_to_break_a_triangle_ch01#30

I think this implies she feels she doesn't have a place to belong to or something. This is why I thought she had run away from home at first. That ended up being a wrong assumption, but maybe her time travel is related to those feelings somehow.

And no, I don't think she's a ghost. This is definitely time travel imo.

last edited at Aug 23, 2023 5:45PM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014
Nyasa_ak-1690419391371132928-img1

I want Mari x Yohane, dammit.

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014
F2dspdabcaasgaa

We need more Genjitsu no Yohane artwork on this site.

last edited at Aug 15, 2023 11:03PM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I'm confused. Is chapter 75 the ending?

last edited at Jul 16, 2023 4:10PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

The relationship between Miwa and Tamaki's not gonna work out, imo. They're simply incompatible. Miwa's trying to make a compromise to make it work but she's basically denying an important part of who she is. That's not a healthy relationship.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

People will really see a girl who due to growing up in a heteronormative environment doesn't realise there's really an option beyond having a boyfriend or not having a boyfriend and think to themselves wow what a bitch.

Like yeah she's not being a good friend or partner right now, and yes she is stringing him along but like Eri herself is saying "I'll fall fall in love eventually please just wait until then" like she genuinely believes this is it, that this is what she is meant to do and like yes that means she's a bad partner but no it does not mean she's being bad partner on purpose.

Also given that Fuyuki is coming out to Eri right now I'd expect the next couple chapters to be about Eri slowly unraveling as she comes to terms with what is actually possible and what choices she would make differently now that she knows.

100%. Fully agreed. It's hard to discuss, so I normally avoid it but it's always interesting seeing so much of what I'd describe as lacking empathy about issues I'd have thought people would be more sensitive to. But I agree, she seems to be unaware that her entire focus is locked to Fuyuki. Even her reason for trying with Kyou is "maybe this will keep Fuyuki with me now." Kyou clearly picks up on it (and is jealous), and Fuyuki, as well; but, Eri does not understand herself very well. She has a dependence on Fuyuki that she's likely rationalized as simply "best friend/saviour" dependence but might be more than that. This could be why a crossroads set by Fuyuki's getting a girlfriend might serve as a catalyst for a change, whether good or bad.

I think people are missing the aspect of dramatic irony, too; we know that Fuyuki has feelings for Eri and that Eri's actions are causing a lot of pain but, of course, Eri doesn't know that because Fuyuki is actively hiding it.

It's very common for people to get so caught up in a story (especially when a character is making them angry) that they stop understanding that the characters in a story don't have the same perspective as the audience. I'm sure opinions will change as we get more Eri pov, but I'm not surprised to see so much hate in the comments. At least it's a sign that a story is good when people get so emotionally invested, though

There are plenty of reasons to dislike Eri though. The fact she's stringing Kyohei along even though the she doesn't love him. The fact she selfishly clings to Fuyuki and wants her around all the time just because she doesn't want to be alone (or maybe she's actually in love with Fuyuki but is in denial).

Either way, whether she's aware of Fuyuki's feelings is besides the point, to be honest. Eri has plenty of issues of her own and that's why she's not very likable. That been said, she is a pretty interesting character. Selfish and unlikable but interesting as a character.

last edited at Jul 11, 2023 3:29PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Edit: I wrote this before I saw Kazu-kun's post. My only disagreement with their post is I don't necessarily think that Eri is using Fuyuki as an "emotional crutch." There's probably some codependency there for sure, but we can't completely trust Fuyuki's view of the situation because she clearly takes a lot of pride in viewing Eri as relying on her; in other words, she has a bias toward viewing Eri as this sort of weak damsel who needs protection and coddling. We can't know the full story until we get a chapter from Eri's point of view.

I think we can mostly trust Fuyuki's accounts of this situation because it's consistent with Eri's current behavior. She does behave childish despite being the older one, and she indeed has no friends other than Fuyuki (and Kyou). I get the feeling Kyou invited her to the film club in an attempt to help her make friends but it doesn't help. Eri still only interacts with Fuyuki. That's just not healthy no matter how you slice it.

I don't really think Eri is that childish, honestly. She is very clingy with Fuyuki but that's not the same thing. She acts very differently when she's alone with Kyou in chapter 1, which suggests to me that how Eri is with Fuyuki may partly be an act she puts on for (what she thinks is) Fuyuki's sake. And only having a few friends is not necessarily unhealthy either. I admit I haven't read chapter 4 though so that may change my opinions.

Eri doesn't have a "few friends." She has no friends other than Fuyuki. Kyou, I don't think she really considers him a friend. If she did, she wouldn't have been so desperate back then when she made Fuyuki promise to be her friend forever. That tells me Eri never saw Kyou as someone she could count on, so no real friend material there.

As for Eri putting on a facade, of course she is. But it's not for Fuyuki's sake. It's for Eri's own sake. Eri does this because she's afraid she's gonna scare Fuyuki away if she shows her real self. Eri is clearly traumatized due to everything she went through in school. This isn't even my interpretation. Eri literally tells Fuyuki that she will change everything bad about her personality so that Fuyuki will never leave her.

With Kyou she has no issues showing the bad side of her personality because she doesn't care about him. But this doesn't mean she loves Fuyuki in a romantic way, and even if she did, she still has a whole lot of emotional issue she needs to deal with before she can even think about getting into a relationship.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Edit: I wrote this before I saw Kazu-kun's post. My only disagreement with their post is I don't necessarily think that Eri is using Fuyuki as an "emotional crutch." There's probably some codependency there for sure, but we can't completely trust Fuyuki's view of the situation because she clearly takes a lot of pride in viewing Eri as relying on her; in other words, she has a bias toward viewing Eri as this sort of weak damsel who needs protection and coddling. We can't know the full story until we get a chapter from Eri's point of view.

I think we can mostly trust Fuyuki's accounts of this situation because it's consistent with Eri's current behavior. She does behave childish despite being the older one, and she indeed has no friends other than Fuyuki (and Kyou). I get the feeling Kyou invited her to the film club in an attempt to help her make friends but it doesn't help. Eri still only interacts with Fuyuki. That's just not healthy no matter how you slice it.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I read the raw of chapter 5 and, without discussing spoilers, I think it's mostly consistent with my interpretation.

Could you please spoil it for me, if possible? (with spoiler tags ofc)

I can do that for you if I don't mind.

First thing first, keep in mind that Eri is one year older than Fuyuki, as they said in chapter 3. That means they never went to school together. Also back when they were kids, Eri was Fuyuki's older sister figure. She was more mature and always looked after Fuyuki who was a bit of a crybaby. This is a stark contrast to their current relationship. Now Eri is sort of immature and childish in her behavior while Fuyuki is the seemingly more mature one. There's a reason for this....

Eri was a bit of a selfish kid that liked to do things at her own pace and wasn't that good at reading the room. As a result, she had problems making friends in elementary school. And this problem only escalated as she grew up. On top of that, Eri was kind of a badass back then, so when another kid threw her shoes to the garbage bin in an stupid attempt to bully her, Eri went and outright beat her up. Quite badass indeed, but this kind of situations just isolated her more from all the kids in class. Meanwhile, Fuyuki who was even younger and only met with Eri occasionally didn't know Eri was going through all this crap.

By the time Eri started junior high, she was all alone, so she ended up clinging to the first person that talked to her. She was so happy she finally made a friend, but it all came crashing down when that friend confessed to her. Eri rejected her, and after that, everyone else in her class accused her of being cruel and telling the other girl she was disgusting and whatnot.

Eri was all alone all over again, and then one day when she and Fuyuki were hanging out, Eri finally broke down and spilled all this to Fuyuki while crying her heart out. In desperation she made Fuyuki promise she will never abandon her, that she would be her friend forever. And ever since then, their relationship changed. Originally, Eri was the older sister figure, since she was the older one, but after this Eri became more childish and started clinging to Fuyuki and depending on her. Fuyuki became her emotional crutch.

Eri is way more messed up than we all thought. The hints were all there though, like the way she clings to Fuyuki and seemed dependant on her, or the fact she doesn't have any friends besides Fuyuki and Kyou, and even her relationship with Kyou is mostly superficial and empty.

Fuyuki was telling all this to her sempai, and she seems to have some sort of plan and wants her senpai to help her. But to be honest, no matter what kind of plan Fuyuki has, I think the main problem here is that Eri is deeply damaged, emotionally speaking, and I don't think she needs a girlfriend. I think she needs to fix her life first. She can't keep depending on Fuyuki and using her as her emotional crutch. That's just not healthy. And if they did get together, it would just make the problem worse, imo.

last edited at May 30, 2023 4:04PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Also, trying to analyse Eri's character at this point is not a good idea because there's still a big reveal about Eri coming in chapter 5 that will re-contextualize her relationship with Fuyuki. Without that important piece of information you're bound to misread Eri's characterization.

I read the raw of chapter 5 and, without discussing spoilers, I think it's mostly consistent with my interpretation.

I think chapter 5 makes it pretty clear you're interpretation is wrong though.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I'm pretty sure she also knows Kyou's in love with Fuyuki and not her.

Kyou's not in love with Fuyuki.

Also, trying to analyse Eri's character at this point is not a good idea because there's still a big reveal about Eri coming in chapter 5 that will re-contextualize her relationship with Fuyuki. Without that important piece of information you're bound to misread Eri's characterization.

last edited at May 30, 2023 1:06PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

this is so fucking precious, I really hope this ends with a Nanao x Asumi x Mai triad tbh

Why does Mai need to be a thing after not being a thing for a gazillion of chapters?

Not only that but Nanao doesn't even know Mai so wishing for a 3P makes no sense.

last edited at May 30, 2023 12:24AM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I thought this was gonna be axed after the hunter girl plot was dropped without doing anything with it. Back then it felt weird they would introduce a new girl only to send her packing so soon. Now it makes sense. The decision to cancel the story was probably taken back then.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

This looks like the stuff that ends up being unrequited all the way through. Nothing wrong with that per se but it's just not my cup of tea.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

The final chapter (chapter 24) has finally been published. I hope it gets translated soon because it's looking like a pretty satisfying ending.

Kazu-kun
Liberty discussion 20 May 23:58
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Kitta Izumi got married, right? Maybe she won't continue writing this manga.

last edited at May 20, 2023 11:59PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

this is a manga not the real world and these are characters not real people so i dont agree with your assertions.

i am of the belief that a story shouldnt strive for realism but to be convincing,and its characters shouldnt seek to be relatable but to be understood.this stories characters are realistic and relatable but arent convincing nor comprehensible thus i reached the conclusion that this can only be due to bad writing.

I find these characters really easy to understand and very convincing so that's a problem on your end, not bad writing.

That been said, it's not true that characters always have to be understood. Sometimes characters are deliberately written to be incomprehensible and that's a perfectly valid writing choice as long as it fits the story.

last edited at May 20, 2023 3:33AM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

this stories problem in my opinion is that its characters lack believable motives due to a lack of elaboration making their actions make no sense and causes the narrative to become less than convincing as a plausible conflict.

What motives do you want? It's teenage drama. Teens don't need elaborate motives to do stupid shit. That's what teems do. I don't know about you but I can totally related to that.

That been said, it's not like the characters have no motives at all. We know that Yuni's cheating on Nanase because she feels neglected, for instance. People cheat for way less than that, you know? We also know that Fukko is messing with Yuni and Nanase because she's kinda traumatized over her unrequited love for her childhood friend. So there are motives aplenty.

Anyway, my point stands. There's no basis to claim this thing is badly written. It's consistent and the pacing is good and while things are exaggerated for the sake of drama, it's not really implausible.

this isnt about what i want from the characters,its about what the characters need in order for their actions to make sense beyond their so called age which truly doesnt matter at all.these characters would act the same way even if they were older or younger,as the age of a character hardly ever actually make them act their age.

in regards to bad writing:

yuni is "neglected" by her girlfriend so she makes the leap of logic to start cheating as a solution to her relationship problems,and yet some readers claim its because she is a teenager.

fukko was "betrayed" by her unrequited love so she makes the leap of logic to traumatize another person way worse than she was,and yet some readers find this hot so its all good.

nanase is in "love" with her girlfriend so she makes the leap of logic to prioritize her club activities over her beloved girlfriend,and yet some readers claim past trauma is at fault.

this manga simply hasnt truly elaborated enough on the reasoning behind its characters actions forcing the readers to speculate in order to make sense of this mess of a story,and there not being a deeper reason for the characters actions other then the surface reasons causes the story to be very shallow.

Dude, people cheating when they're neglected happens all the time. You seem to live in a world where people's actions are absolutely governed by logic. That's not the real world. In the real world people do illogical shit for very little reasons all the time. And of course it's perfectly valid to have fictional characters acting illogically. It's not bad writing. It's only bad writing when it's inconsistent, that it is when a character known for being a very logically-minded person suddenly starts acting illogical. That's bad writing. But characters acting illogically is not inherently bad writing.

The same goes for the lack of deeper reasons for the characters' actions. It's not bad writing. Some of the greatest literary works in history don't have clear motivations for the characters or are only hinted at and left to readers' interpretation.

last edited at May 19, 2023 9:12PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Anyone who hasn't yet, do read all the chapters, because otherwise 17 will seem utterly insane, instead of just crazy and Nanase having a brain seizure from overstimulation.

Right now chapters 10 and 11 aren't here, and those have a bunch of context to understand Fuuko and Yuni bit better.

context wont fix bad writing though?

This is pretty trashy but it's not particularly bad written. The pacing is good, the characters are consistent in their behavior, the tone is also pretty consistent in its silliness.

It's silly and trashy and the characters' behavior and reactions aren't realistic but fiction doesn't have to mirror real-life so this isn't a problem.

it isnt realism that i was regarding to though?

this stories problem in my opinion is that its characters lack believable motives due to a lack of elaboration making their actions make no sense and causes the narrative to become less than convincing as a plausible conflict.

What motives do you want? It's teenage drama. Teens don't need elaborate motives to do stupid shit. That's what teems do. I don't know about you but I can totally related to that.

That been said, it's not like the characters have no motives at all. We know that Yuni's cheating on Nanase because she feels neglected, for instance. People cheat for way less than that, you know? We also know that Fukko is messing with Yuni and Nanase because she's kinda traumatized over her unrequited love for her childhood friend. So there are motives aplenty.

Anyway, my point stands. There's no basis to claim this thing is badly written. It's consistent and the pacing is good and while things are exaggerated for the sake of drama, it's not really implausible.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Anyone who hasn't yet, do read all the chapters, because otherwise 17 will seem utterly insane, instead of just crazy and Nanase having a brain seizure from overstimulation.

Right now chapters 10 and 11 aren't here, and those have a bunch of context to understand Fuuko and Yuni bit better.

context wont fix bad writing though?

This is pretty trashy but it's not particularly bad written. The pacing is good, the characters are consistent in their behavior, the tone is also pretty consistent in its silliness.

It's silly and trashy and the characters' behavior and reactions aren't realistic but fiction doesn't have to mirror real-life so this isn't a problem.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Morals? What morals? I root for Fuuko because she's hot as fuck. lol

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Diana's really cool, to be honest. I really dig her somewhat brash personality.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Super fair. I just feel that if Neko wanted to communicate that message, they could have had Diana and Gran argue without needing the comments from Natori about their getting along better than the game. Had they simply argued, that alone would have been a shift from the game and Natori could have looked on in tongue-in-cheek "horror" as she realized that the two had no real chemistry. Instead, she reinforces their chemistry, even going so far as to say it trumps the game and I find that a potentially meaningful choice from the author. That extra turn wasn't needed, if all they wanted was to show that they had no chemistry.

To me what Natori means is that Diana and Gran actually looks like they could be friends now instead of being constricted to what the game's plot demanded. I don't think she's implied any romance possibility between them.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Chapter 16 raw is out, and answers a lot of questions. The maid gives the infodump. As it turns out, Emile's glamour is so strong that even vampires are effected by it. The maid is not affected because there are a small number of vampires who aren't effected by such powers. That maid is like that. But Emile is in despair because all the people around her got all messed up because of her. The maid assures her it's not her fault but this doesn't do anything to cheer her up. So the maid tells her there will be at least one person in her life that won't be effected by her power, and when Emile meets that person, she must treasure them. Emile asks if the maid can be that person, but the maid says she can't because she likes being alone. Emile must find her important person on her own. And so, Emile finds out about the school for vampires and talks her family into send her there. But even in the school people are affected by her power. Emile tries to be kind and nice to everyone to feel like people like her for who she is, but deep down she knows the truth. She still hopes that when her onee-sama is selected, that person will be the one she's waiting for, her one and only, her important person. The flashback ends and we go back to the present time. Emile is outside her room all depressed and Eve is coming out to talk to her. That's the end of the chapter.

last edited at May 9, 2023 12:16PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Murasakino is back with more drama yuri. Not gonna be surprised if there is toxicity.

Idk the way it started sounded like the girls won't ended up together. The girl at the beginning seems to be Fuyuki.

Fuyuki has dark hair though. The girl at the beginning is probably Eri since her hair has that reddish tone.

last edited at May 1, 2023 4:20PM