Forum › Posts by MZH

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

This was the last place I expected to see UCLA depicted (that's Powell Library on page 40).

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

Took 8 years.
We got Sei "Heroine"

I'm assuming she's a distant ancestor of Hiro Protagonist.

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

Bah! Every time someone says "labor shortage," I hear "not willing to offer enough pay." We need more works for the Communism tag.

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

This brings back memories of when I dropped out of grad school and started looking for work ... in 2008 (great timing, me!). I kept a file on my computer of all the places where I applied to remind myself that I wasn't spending my days doing absolutely nothing. I deleted that file when it got depressingly long. I did have one interview somewhat similar to the last one in this chapter. Sitting across from 10 men all asking me variations of "What the hell are you doing here?" was an experience that still gets me stressed out when I remember it. Luckily (after moving back to my parents' home after running out of rent money), I came across a craigslist ad that got me started in my current career.

MZH
Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

@OrangePekoe I've compiled a list of notifications that I have and haven't received over the past week. In the list below, "Missing" means I would have expected to received a notification email since these chapters were automatically added to my "To Read" list. "Received" means I got the notification email. So as not to take up too much space here, I put the list here's a link to the list.

I signed up with a gmail account, and nothing from dynasty ends up in the Spam folder.

MZH
Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

I seem to have stopped receiving email notifications for my subscriptions. The last new chapter notification email I got was on March 3, and there have been many chapters added to my "To read" list.

I'm getting notification emails again (new ones, not any from the previous days).

MZH
Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

I seem to have stopped receiving email notifications for my subscriptions. The last new chapter notification email I got was on March 3, and there have been many chapters added to my "To read" list.

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

So, are the rabbits Americans? USAgi?

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

I'm pretty sure the 3D image is viewed with parallel eyes, not crossed eyes. One trick that works for me: look above your screen at soemthing far away, then slowly bring your eyes down to the screen while still focusing on the far-away thing. Making the image smaller might help so you dont need to move your eyes so much.

MZH
Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

Tag suggestion: Science (or, for Girl Genius fans: SCIENCE!)

This would cover stories where characters are engaged in scientific research, inventing, or engineering.

Example stories:

Stardust Telepath for rocketry
Afterschool Girl for chemistry
Linkage for robotics

MZH
Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

I would understand preferring Himawari-san if that was her name, but it isn't. Sunflower Books is the name of the shop, so everyone just calls the shopkeeper Ms. Sunflower. There's no familial relation between the current and former Ms. Sunflowers.

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

Can't wait for her angst about being gay, all "How can I love this girl, it's unnatural", like she's not a vampire lol

Classic Firefly:

Wash: Psychic, though? That sounds like something out of science fiction.
Zoe: We live in a spaceship, dear.
Wash: So?
Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

CG?

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

employers: "nobody wants to work!"
also employers:

Then: "Fine, we'll hire you. You'd better appreciate the sub-poverty wage and 996 schedule we are benevolently bestowing upon you."

MZH
Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

It would be useful if clicking on the forum topic button for a chapter went to the first unread post instead of the first post--the same way clicking on topic titles in the forum works.

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

I'm still waiting for some solid anti-capitalist yuri, I know it's out there somewhere.

There is a Communism tag here.

last edited at Oct 25, 2021 7:30AM

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

Translator here.

I was thinking about renaming the series to a romanization of the title, Ao Hada Kyonyuu to Kuso Bocchi, because I see lots of people, at each chapter release, complaining about how this would be more popular if the title wasn't mentioning tits (even though the title means what I translated it to).

Thoughts?

Personally, I much prefer when titles are translated. The title is a part of the work and readers should know what it means, especially with the latest trend of extra-long titles that also serve as a plot summary. A title is supposed to attract attention, and this one certainly does.

I mean, it literally says that anyway, so I see no reason to change it (although I do believe the comma may be unnecessary).

If anything, there's one too few commas. [Oxford comma war commences]

last edited at Oct 10, 2021 10:20AM

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

What I wanna know is what she actually was doing to that dude, why’d she wanna beat him up?

... As for the rival author guy, I can only assume her beef with him has something to do with some underhanded tactics being used. She said she was teaching him a lesson ...

She was teaching him a proper necktie knot. She looked angry since he was using a four-in-hand when his skinny neck obviously called for a half-windsor.

last edited at Oct 10, 2021 2:22AM

MZH
Meteor Nout discussion 10 Aug 18:28
Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

Space? Space! Gotta go to space! SPAAAAAACE!

ahem Sorry, lost control there for a bit.

Quick corrections: In the Tsiolkovsky quote on page 3, the word "death" should be deleted. On page 48, third panel, it should say "over 6 g" instead of "under." (I guess, technically, since she's experiencing negative g, "under" is more mathematically correct, but "over" makes the danger clearer.)

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

That credits page just taunts me that I still don’t have Nian, I’ve pulled Mr. Means nothing to me 3 times, Dusk twice, Saga once, and Nian nonce. Please Nian, come home, I’m begging you I’m on my knees~

Anyways, I can see why the translation is kinda weird and turned into Reverse male lead, I’m trying to find a sequence of words to concisely say it and I’ve gone nothing good but Female Male Lead

Genderbent lead

"Gender-swapped lead" is probably better. Genderbent implies an in-story gender switch (magical or otherwise), rather than a rewriting a character to be the opposite gender.

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

What does "reverse male lead" mean?

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

This text is rapidly losing its Sub.

What's the "work year" thing they've mentioned a few times? Is it unusual to hire on in certain months?

It's a common practice in Japanese corporations to only hire right at the end of the college school year . College students aim to have a job lined up before they graduate. If they don't they often have to wait an entire year before the corporations start hiring again.

All of the paperwork in a job application is handwritten, including your resume. If you apply for 50 jobs, you have to handwrite 50 copies of your resume in flawless calligraphy, hence Shima's complaint about the paper work.

Rereading with chapter 15 in mind definitely changes the reading of some earlier chapters. This page is even more hilarious now: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/ise_san_and_shima_san_ch03

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

Chapter 12 seems to be missing.

last edited at Jul 17, 2021 4:10PM

MZH
Lost discussion 12 Jul 08:12
Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

Interesting visuals: Their social media was immaculate; their bedroom was pristine; but their living room (where mundane day-to-day life occurs) was full of trash. Trash that was never talked about or even acknowledged.

last edited at Jul 12, 2021 8:14AM

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/well_done_pervert_ch09#6

Don't try and blame dumb

Shouldn't it be:

Don't try to play dumb

?

"Try and" is a perfectly good construction, just a bit more informal than "try to." Here's an essay on the usage and history from the Merriam-Webster dictionary editors, if you're interested.