Forum › Posts by weboshi

weboshi
Ava2
joined Jun 11, 2014

Love the art and the story. Felt like the tiny drama part could've been done a bit better though. I guess her reasoning for abruptly disappearing was just to show off her gf's work but would've preferred something else. Still great overall.

last edited at Oct 30, 2015 11:12PM

Ava2
joined Jun 11, 2014

Wow surprising twist I like it, I expected the typical sword through the heart sadness.

weboshi
Stretch discussion 15 Oct 15:47
Ava2
joined Jun 11, 2014

I thought the ending was fitting, especially since it matched the realistic feeling that this manga was so good at creating. It really felt you were taking peaks into their lives, ranging from the mundane stretching to comedy and to the more emotional moments. Not to say it would be unrealistic to have them end up together, especially since Ran clearly favors Keiko, but I think this manga was going for the relatable transient feeling that goes in in ordinary living where possibilities just pass you by. Who knows maybe in the future in a sequel Keiko will have settled things with her mother and be changed enough to accept Ran. At the very least we got that great panel of Ran blushing. That said, still one of my favorite slices of life, was fun reading.

Also if anyone wants to go back and read the chapters like I did here's a fitting song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PdoM5XJxWM.

last edited at Oct 15, 2015 3:57PM

weboshi
Murcielago discussion 13 Oct 19:13
Ava2
joined Jun 11, 2014

I always like the little touches at the end of an arc, like here with the panels of the little girl who was probably the only one in the world with a shred of emotion for that old guy, if only she turned just a bit more. Or the cult arc where the girl realizes her friend was probably dead, always a somber note.

weboshi
Ava2
joined Jun 11, 2014

BAAAAAAAAAAAN-CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!! TTATT (please tell me I'm not the only one who cried)

I didn't cry, but for someone who doesn't cry often my eyes did get moist. On another note, it'd be cool if kancolle did a episodic format and basically animated a doujin for each episode, it'd be less conventional but interesting and emotional to watch.

weboshi
Yuri Danshi discussion 29 Sep 00:13
Ava2
joined Jun 11, 2014

Art is amazing and this manga seems like a lot of fun, looking forward to more.

weboshi
Ava2
joined Jun 11, 2014

At least they're "together" in the present even if they haven't linked up yet, it'd be sad to leave it where she just moved away forever.

Ava2
joined Jun 11, 2014

I love the ribbon characters but I gotta root for Ooarai here, hope Miho kicks some ass with some creative strat. Ooarai is last boss status so I would be a bit peeved if they lost this early, plus it would make senshado look too weak.

The Panzer IV wouldn't be a valid one for this, right? They'd have to use a lighter tank, so senshado experience would probably not transfer over completely.

True but I guess my main point is that the spin off girls shouldn't defeat the og girls right off the bat lol, at least not right at the start. Or if it should happen make it satisfying for both sides.

Ava2
joined Jun 11, 2014

I love the ribbon characters but I gotta root for Ooarai here, hope Miho kicks some ass with some creative strat. Ooarai is last boss status so I would be a bit peeved if they lost this early, plus it would make senshado look too weak.

last edited at Aug 27, 2015 3:39AM

weboshi
After Hours discussion 26 Aug 18:14
Ava2
joined Jun 11, 2014

Art still amazing as always. Not sure if anyone's mentioned it yet but I love the fashion in this manga, Emi and Kei always look cool. Also I'm pretty sure Diaper's wearing lebron 12's on page three.

Ava2
joined Jun 11, 2014

Yay another chapter of my favorite couple, happy day.

weboshi
Gamma discussion 21 Aug 05:12
Ava2
joined Jun 11, 2014

It may have sped up at the end but it was a good manga overall. Love the ending too, it's perfect. Rider stag gets introduced, even gets the typical chapter title, except he's got nothing to do lol.

last edited at Aug 21, 2015 5:14AM

Ava2
joined Jun 11, 2014

I'm gonna be so happy if Bocchi ever becomes friends with her entire class, she deserves all the friendship she wants.

weboshi
After Hours discussion 16 Jul 01:31
Ava2
joined Jun 11, 2014

After hours and stretch chap in same day, life's good. This mangas art is already one of my all time favs.

Ava2
joined Jun 11, 2014

Great one shot! Such a shame when you get start getting interested in a character but it's a one shot so.. that's it :(.

Ava2
joined Jun 11, 2014

Credits were great. The sakura viewing reminds me of of a one shot or another credits page I read about a group of yuri authors hanging out? I remember morinaga and fujio being included but I can't find it.

Ava2
joined Jun 11, 2014

Bocchi's outfit is so god damn cute.

Ava2
joined Jun 11, 2014

Murata is just about my fav MakiNiko artist now. Such beautiful and soft lines that match the gentle slice of life stories. Plus Maki's expressions are always great.

weboshi
Ava2
joined Jun 11, 2014

She's so sweet, it makes me sad that her psyche is falling apart. That is definitely the bear, with the mustache matching on both. You'd also think if she walked out with another human being those two would have more of a reaction, instead it's "uh... yeah". :(

last edited at May 13, 2015 4:21AM

weboshi
Ava2
joined Jun 11, 2014

So happy this got re-released (I guess?) I reread the original one so many times so this was a much needed respite from my studying. Cute art and great expressions.

Ava2
joined Jun 11, 2014

Wow I love the art. Rin melting hearts as always.

weboshi
Ava2
joined Jun 11, 2014

Such a cute and simple story, enjoyable read. Was that the ending though? No afterword or cute little komas at the end.

weboshi
Image Comments 10 Feb 02:48
Ava2
joined Jun 11, 2014
786d508bd3e58687f7486801c9aeac7e

It's from Noizi ito's latest artbook, Dear Friend: Love Live! Scans can be found at minitokyo. It's great how her style still looks good after all these years.

Ava2
joined Jun 11, 2014

I love this guy's art so much, story's pretty cute. Feels like christmas already with so many quality love live doujins coming out this week.

weboshi
Ava2
joined Jun 11, 2014

Wow unexpected pairing but the art is really good and the story's pretty cute. Probably the best love live doujin I've read in a while. Just wish there was a little more yuri at the end.