Forum › Posts by takachi

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

Besties going shopping - sweet
Those shoes with socks are ugly af

Actually it kinda works with that skirt, I guess. They are both stylish 22 year-olds.

(makes me feel challenged as a 21 yo)

Let's agree to disagree as it's a matter of aesthetics and personal taste. Not that I like the skirt btw. All of these IMO are examples of blind following of modern fashion trends guided by big fashion brands to "decutify" and/or "masculinise" women's clothing. It is quite obvious if you follow Vogue fashion runways in the last, say, 5-10 years. The opposite is obviously happening with male clothing. But I digress. Sorry for the offtopic of sorts and a bit of a rant

last edited at Aug 27, 2022 2:51PM

joined Mar 28, 2014

Besties going shopping - sweet
Those shoes with socks are ugly af

joined Mar 28, 2014

Wow, time sure flies. It's already been a year since adashima hit me last summer. I still remember quite vividly the emotional storm from devouring the volumes one after another.
Speaking of which, any news on volume 11? I wonder if there's any chance for it to pop up this fall? So far I had no notifications from book walker... but one always hopes...
Quite sad, volume 10 is not completely uploaded here yet.

joined Mar 28, 2014

Overall a sweet decent story. Wish there were more like that.

last edited at Aug 24, 2022 6:47AM

joined Mar 28, 2014

The day Aya finally realised that Onii-san has a twin sister xDDD

joined Mar 28, 2014

Oh this is cute, hope there will be more of this coming!

joined Mar 28, 2014

loved the colours on the front page, oh and a nice touch with the credits

joined Mar 28, 2014

takachi posted:

On the other hand, Oh My Lord Akane (guitar) Just GET ON WITH IT! Fuck you're the one with troubles and then complain because all the people trying to help you can't figure it out without YOU saying a thing?! COME ON...*sigh* women, am I right?

I mean, she sort of tried, but was clearly not heard - Yaeka totally didn't get her "ragequitters" sticker. At least in the next chapter she confirmed that Yaeka is in principle dense when it comes to reading between the lines.

It's because it came out of left field with no context at all, she didn't respond the previous question either making it more confusing.

yep))) Akane was sure hoping she would be intuitively and non-verbally perceived - well, it's way too rare when it works like this in this world, true...

joined Mar 28, 2014

On the other hand, Oh My Lord Akane (guitar) Just GET ON WITH IT! Fuck you're the one with troubles and then complain because all the people trying to help you can't figure it out without YOU saying a thing?! COME ON...*sigh* women, am I right?

I mean, she sort of tried, but was clearly not heard - Yaeka totally didn't get her "ragequitters" sticker. At least in the next chapter she confirmed that Yaeka is in principle dense when it comes to reading between the lines.

joined Mar 28, 2014

Two chapters in a row - totally made my day if not the whole week.
I wonder if drinking kalavan was a metaphor for being with Ibuki. It starts so smooth that you don't realise as it hits you, then come the oranges.. followed by a hint of bitterness. So, if true, why the bitterness? Is that bitterness what holds Botan from committing to the relationship? It's like she's afraid of the last step. Makes your wonder what kind of romantic experiences she has had. She probably confessed to somebody in the past and got rejected. So now she's probably been waiting for Ibuki to confess to her instead. I mean all of this is pure speculation, but I like to think that way.
Also I wonder what was that dialogue about allthesparagus? Was that also a "what kind of like" foreshadowing?

joined Mar 28, 2014

To say nothing of his looks.
Btw I hadn't noticed before how Mitsuki got her whole fashion sense from her uncle, down to the nails painted black.

I'd say, it's the other way around - the uncle copycatting Mitsuki as her approach with black nails brought cute girls into the shop, lol. I mean, he never wore it black before this chapter.

In reality though, not gonna be surprised if this is but the author's way of "bugfixing" that nails painting are a girls' only thing, as in, hey look, actual guys of the culture do it too, so it's not like Aya fell for feminine traits of her Onii-san. Not that it addresses the elephant in the room, which is the voice of a 17-year-old. But at this point, I don't think I want to care about any of that as for me personally the momentum of the story is somehow lost.

joined Mar 28, 2014

Brilliant chapter! It really delivered in resolving all of the drama accumulated over the volume. It seems Miyako can really finally let her idol past go. In the first volume she was conflicted with being her natural self. But Suga helped her with all those stalkers and blah. Now Miyako's certain that the band has survived the "divorce" safely and is not bitter about her leave. So now she can focus her life on whatever she wants. And that's where I anticipate we'll get into Suga's past shenanigans of some sort. Looking forward to the next volume... and to this volume extras of course))

joined Mar 28, 2014

Nettaigyo was pushing the boundaries of subtext, to an obnoxious degree. This, on the other hand, is built around the premise that Aya has fallen in love with Mitsuki, as the boy that she thinks Mitsuki is. Aya is described as not having much interest in boys, which would indicate to me (and probably to most others) that Aya is gay. If this really isn't the case, then it may well be the worst example of subtext I've ever seen, and Agu is out of their mind writing a story with this premise, and thinking that people aren't going to expect it to end with a romance.

Youre missing a little detail here... The same description that says Aya is uninterested with boys also says she is totally into "Older guy" type which might mean she isnt interested in usually immature boys.... Its not really crazy since it usually happens IRL too

yeah, mature and responsible "guys" with a female voice, nails, and that nude curve between the waist line and the hips... hehe. I'm not saying that chapters 9.5 and 10 are necessarily a smoking gun for Aya's actual sexuality, but they are certainly hints I wouldn't ignore.

joined Mar 28, 2014

To be honest, ever since the bio chapter was dropped on us in the middle of the story, I've started getting a feeling that the author actually doesn't know herself what to do with it. And without an editor, one of the ways to fish for some development clues and ideas is to drop some drama in the social media/fan communities.
On the other hand, it seems to me that since the bio chapter, she's been drawing Aya collecting hints that Oniisan = Mitsuki. And in addition, awakening to her gay/bi sexuality.
Quite frankly, I don't see the right chemistry for love between Aya and Mitsuki. But it's good enough for each to crush on one another and understand they are both gay/bi/whatever. I could even see them to start dating, kissing and all the blah the teens do at the age, only for them to part ways later on.

joined Mar 28, 2014

"The face she'd make once she gets it, I really wanted to see what it'd look like."

That's not very straight of you, Mitsuki.

nah, nothing but a mere affection, it will pass as she grows! lol

joined Mar 28, 2014

bwhahahahaha, Mitsuki sure is evil - good new chapter
wonder how long she was sick - she must have been absent from both school and the workplace, which would be yet another hint for Aya

nah, probably Aya thought her crush changed shifts during the days “he” was absent from work

yeah, looks like she was out for 3d only - the power of affection sure heals, lol

joined Mar 28, 2014

bwhahahahaha, Mitsuki sure is evil - good new chapter
wonder how long she was sick - she must have been absent from both school and the workplace, which would be yet another hint for Aya

joined Mar 28, 2014

nice, it had to be a fake and it really is, so I hope the right person will accompany Dai Yi to see her parents)))

joined Mar 28, 2014

Yet she might have just put a label to that "in-store Mitsuki" as "おにーさん", just because that's how she saw Mitsuki as for the first time. And now she keeps calling so, in her mind, as a nick of some sorts. I'm not saying that's how it necessarily is. I'm saying it's possible.

joined Mar 28, 2014

I believe somebody mentioned above that she's using oniisan, which is not exactly he.

How exactly is that not exactly "he"?

how exactly is that "he"? :)

joined Mar 28, 2014

I wonder if perhaps Aya has already realised that her crush is actually a girl, perhaps even from the very start.

She still refers to her crush as a “he”, so not yet. But she’s pretty close to finding out.

I believe somebody mentioned above that she's using oniisan, which is not exactly he. Anyway, not really insisting on the idea even if it would match my perception of the story and characters a bit more, at least in so far.

joined Mar 28, 2014

I wonder if perhaps Aya has already realised that her crush is actually a girl, perhaps even from the very start.

I just noticed the hand squeezing Aya’s heart is Mitsuki’s

nice catch!

joined Mar 28, 2014

ty for such a detailed attempt at explaining, wlftchtr82, much appreciated

You take the paper out of their face and look embarrassed. The left hand behind her neck is a sign of that embarrassment.
But Mitsuki wouldn't keep left hand like that while she's so close to Aya in that position — that'd be even more awkward. So she just went back to the first position they were in and we didn't really see.
That in which her left hand was there to give Aya support if she has to fall.

I don't know, this actually still sounds weird to me. If Mitsuki was embarrassed, once Aya's saved, why not make a step back from her and hide your hands behind as if you did smth wrong/embarrassing with those? Just how is it less awkward or embarrassing to a kabedon?
anyway, it doesn't really change much for the story, but I thought I'd still ask how others perceived what took place at the balcony because I found it so confusing

joined Mar 28, 2014

could anyone describe and explain what actually happened in ch.8 on the last page? Mitsuki lost the paper, it flew and landed on Aya's face. Mitsuki jumped forward to Aya? Using her right hand she grabbed the paper and said sorry. She then pulled the paper off to her own head while her left hand was also up close to her head. This is where she asked if Aya's all right. And then SUDDENLY the 'kabedon' happenned.
But how? Why? Did she lost balance because she tripped as she was running to Aya? Why didn't she land with her left hand on the rails first then? Or what was it? Did her hips gave out again, lol? I'm trying to imagine this and I fail miserably - how did pulling a paper lead to the 'prince'?

last edited at Jun 13, 2022 8:06PM

joined Mar 28, 2014

hey Ruriko, don't be shy - Kurumi needs some hugs and a lap pillow, now
because, you know, daifuku aren't going anywhere
because every pomf needs a yoshi-yoshi

I couldn't agree more.

yoshi-yoshi