Forum › Posts by Omega Deuse

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Also, I'm already far more invested in this particular reverse isekai into a remote Japanese community than I was with the one with the knight lady. ...I think that might make me more shallow.

The one with the knight lady?

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Why was this in the recent chapters list when the release date says 2019?

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Molu_stranger-1749011777919348957-img1

Did Utena get a tomboy haircut in the show? This is the second artist who's drawn her with that shorter style.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
115396361_p0

I see now, the video Venalita is taking is being shown in the upper left corner, so Haruka is on the giving end of things

Venalita isn't taking that video. There's another phone wedged between Sayo and Haruka.

I'm impressed by all the little details they put in.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Stickygluu-1743546292175798322-img1

Could be worse, she could be using Rankine.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Ladysantos__-1747960119185559622-img1

Aw. For a second I thought that was Rogue.

Omega Deuse
Love Bullet discussion 19 Jan 12:53
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I just noticed, the bird at the start of chapter 3 has the same red zig-zag as the cupids. I wonder if that's significant? Maybe some cupids can transform?

This is kind of an inherently cruel setup. Not just the thing with Aki, but the whole cupid situation in general. I suppose there is some message about sacrifice and overcoming your grief to do good for others, but meh. Maybe I'm jut over focusing on the negative. I do hope we get more of this soon.

Love gods are notoriously not very nice, even by divine standards. Aphrodite, specifically, was a war god both before becoming popular in Greece and after her romanization, so some violence probably shouldn't come as a surprise.

Am I missing something? Why would they need body armor?

Presumably the body armor would protect from love bullets/ammo - the only times in Chapter 0 the Cupids were hit were when body armor was rendered useless (Kanna was shot in the head and there's not much you can do with a grenade at your feet).

In general it looks like more of a personal preference for the Cupids. Chiyo is the least protected + casually dressed in just a flight jacket but is clearly the most competent fighter of the gang, so it could speak to her confidence in winning bouts with other Cupids without needing any protection.

A translation team in Vietnam said that Chiyo could be the cupid that appeared at the beginning of chapter 0. That means she has been a cupid for several hundred years. Yet she still hasn't been returned to her human life. Which means either a lot of "krama" is needed for that, or she caused so much trouble that all her "krama" was removed.
Edit: 100th comment

We actually think the Cupid in Chapter 0 is Chiyo as well! Though the Western hat + European lapel/suit the men are wearing in the prologue suggest it takes place around the Meiji or Taisho periods (which would be the late 1800s or early 1900s). So she'd be 100+ "years old" but maybe not much older than that.

Also, if you also look closely at the panels with their guns, each of the Cupids have a heart-shaped dial on their guns that are visible when the wings are lifted. Koharu's in Chapter 2 is completely blank/white, but in Chapter 0 (which takes place later in time), her dial is filled in a little bit. This dial might be an indicator of how much "karma" a Cupid has accumulated. Chiyo's dial in the last page of Chapter 3 looks to be around half-full so if it is really is a measure of how much karma's been gained, she's certainly not close to "retiring" (though perhaps by choice?).

It's fun to theory-craft with this story despite it being so early on since it seems like the author has planned out a lot of the lore/mechanics in advance :)

Girl can outright deflect automatic weapons fire with her uzis. I feel like she's found other ways to spend her points.

Aphrodite: I see you've accumulated enough points to be revived. Are you ready to go back to living?
Chiyo: I don't know. ... I mean, I've been using a bow this whole time, but the mortals have been working on these really cool guns and I kind-of want to see how much damage I could do if you gave me one...
Aphrodite: You are clearly one of my people. I'll just put you down for the deluxe package then?

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Huh. Isn't there a fairly powerful tengu that uses tube foxes?

(Edit: I was thinking of Megumu Iizunamaru. I don't know how accurate it is to her canon portrayal, but one of the other stories on here revolves around her control of tube foxes and a consequent interaction with Ran. It also has her aiming to take Tenma's place, so ...)

last edited at Jan 18, 2024 1:37PM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Great, but I wish she didn’t have to ditch the glasses to “become cute”.

I mean, it's just being real. I don't think glasses can be said to make any girl more fashionable, so if you go to someone for fashion advice, of course they'll tell you to ditch 'em.

That's definitely not true.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

She basically took the "She said she loves me trope, but does she mean it the same way" and decided "Yes, she definitely does."

Also, did I read that authors note right? They were asked to write an ecchi manga, so they drew 50 pages of fluff and have another volume of (probably) fluff to follow it up? Also, also, they want to do another volume, set when the characters are older, with the actual ecchi? I'm ok with all of this and definitely want more.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Naori’s charisma is too powerful lol

Also, we’re nearing idiot couple territory with this chapter

Based on the scene where they started watching Veryuri and Settsu's assessment, we're already there. I mean, that image of them watching a movie, with Hinata draped over Naori's shoulders, just screams "they're a couple" and the fact that they some how haven't realized it yet ...

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Cesarzebrah-1738476786311467494-img1

Does she have notably bad vision?

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
En-1452240362030833664

CANDY APPLES DONT TASTE LIKE APPLE THO, THEY USUALLY TASTE LIKE TOFFEE AND CHOCOLATE

Red candy apples still taste pretty apply, especially once you get past the candy shell.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Tumblr_c6e4f533c97eca90c04bcddb2827fe7f_cece0110_2048

I was considering getting this game, it looks really cute and it has yuri

But when I found out the "Canon" route to the game she ends up with a guy she doesn't love I immediately lost interest

Wait. That makes is sound like the non-canon" routes have her ending up with ladies she likes, and the canon route has her ending with a man she doesn't. If that's accurate, it's an odd choice and raises some questions about the direction they're going.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Spoiler_1738099314310983767

Is that the same lady as the other pics? The color of her tattoo seems to have changed.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Jupimakyu-1742383839131877798-img1

That is one of the cuter Ami's I've seen, which is not exactly a low bar to clear.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Is anyone else seeing broken images for the latest chapter?

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

This feels like a sequel?

There's another one with Yui and Funami which has an official translation which has, of course, can be found on Sadpanda

There's also the entire collection it's a part of on Dynasty.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

So is there a reason why every member of this club has glasses?

The exact same glasses too.

On that note, is anyone else getting Otherside Picnic vibes from them?

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Felt like this was super familiar and realized i read it on twitter a while back, happy to see it translated because it's really cute!

I dont know if the dynamic of older woman trying to resist tentation and behave accordingly, and younger one been the persistent and pushing force to getting in a romantic relationship was already made into a series, and even uploaded here, but I really would like one like that, the potencial for something deep and romantic, or just comedy and light drama/slice of life could also be great material with that kind of dynamic.

In my experience this is the most common Age gap dynamic (at the extremes, you find the older woman as a flailing 'no, we can't!' doormat and the younger one as a terrifying sadist, like in Lilies are in Full Bloom). The exceptions often go for "the older woman is a trainwreck" (ala Touko-san). I found the romance in JK-chan pretty mid (imo its timidity really kills the tension, especially compared to the initial illustrations by the author), but the gags are good and it's complete. A couple others that execute this well are Kusanagi-sensei and 1x1/2. Kusanagi-sensei is also here but quite a few chapters behind.

Chatting at the Amber Teahouse is also a really fluffy, and more laid back, take on the concept. It's probably one of my favorite age gaps.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Yuzu's sister unironically shipping them, my GOAT

Idk how necessary the mother conflict might be since we already kinda have an antagonist in the form of Hina's old friend but we'll have to see!

I don't know if I'd necessarily look at it as "the mother conflict". Rather, I think it's tied into the issues with her old "friend" and her poor self image and all three elements are part of a greater whole, rather than individual things with separate antagonists.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Never would have expected them to defeat the monster by giving it an Orgasm, but this series continues to surprise me.

It was surprising, but it also fits well with the kind of word play that you often find in myths and folk tales. I quite liked it.

I'm less fond of how an attack that was implied to be a rape attempt (or analogous to one) was just sort of brushed off, without anger, fear, or any kind of negative consequence. I'm not sure if the story is downplaying the seriousness of what happened, because acknowledging it wouldn't fit the tone, or if it's supposed to imply something about how Naori thinks about herself. It honestly feels like a bit of both and while the latter could lead the story to some interesting places, if it's explored appropriately, the former would be disappointing.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

So, Hina's mom and her old "friend" are both super toxic. That's concerning, but it seems like Yuzu and her sister might have gotten a hint that something is up, so maybe they'll be able to help her.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

There were some great facial expressions this chapter, but I think Aya's at the end takes the cake. It's super complicated and a bit conflicted; you know she's feeling something, but I'm not sure what it is and I don't think she knows either. I can't wait to see where this goes.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but there are many chapters that directly follow each other like this; there's usually a bit of a time gap between one ending and the next starting, even if they're in the middle of something important, right?

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Well, that was cute and fluffy.

Also, I really like this partial color style, though I don't think this artist is using it as intentionally as some of the other's we've seen on here.