Forum › Posts by kiriactor

kiriactor
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

^ you say it gives us our hero.............not really, we don't really know anything about our main character at all, even the manga did a better job with that, everyone just feels so 2d our heroine got the worst part because sumika stole her manga personality so now we have a 1d hero, some 2d bears and a school that is so SHAFT im surprised the school itself isn't head tilting.

Plus the opening seems to imply the girl will have glorious OT3 with the bears.........no just no.
why? THEY ATE HER FUCKING GIRLFRIEND

I don't know why, but I think the lady Kaichou is a psycho, so maybe we should wait before saying the bears killed that gf. Surely it will turn out to be a simple misunderstanding like they were eating that girl's bento..and not her flesh, lol

I agree, I've a hunch that Yurizono (the kaichou) is the real culprit - she interferes too much to be natural, and so might be harbouring certain Intentions towards Kureha. If she did, it would make complete sense for her to get rid of the girlfriend - and remember she was the one who called her out there in the first place. That makes her a highly likely suspect in my book.

the girlfriend literally just seems to be her manga personality so...........yeah.

No idea what is meant by this, IMO they are very different - in the manga Kureha is timid and very shy, careful to stay unnoticed, while the girlfriend, though also seemingly shy, is quite forward with her feelings to the point of being overbearing.

Definitely in the camp that is liking what I see so far. It's very different from the manga, but I never expected otherwise, and unlike Rosenakahara do not think that the symbolism is empty fanservice. The idea of "eating", for example, intrigues me - yes, it probably is a metaphor for sex, at least in Kureha's case, but as sisya pointed out, there really does seem to be a literal devouring of a human at the end of the episode. The fact that they talking about eating as bears gives it a certain weight and associations with death and violence which mere titillation should not have. Anyway, I'm sure a more coherent story will eventually unfold, the reason why we're this confused now is probably because Ikuhara doesn't have time to mess around since it's only a one-cour series.

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

This is pretty awesome news! It'd be cool to see if more doujinka would be willing to do this.

kiriactor
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Hahaha this was funny... Poor Madoka, though.

kiriactor
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

W-wow, that's kinda dark... Great story and art, though.

kiriactor
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

agreed.

although, most of ReiMari doujins are based on that dialogue after Reimu beat Marisa (the "dont catch a cold" one).
It'll be nice to see some changes.

Yeah, ReiMari doujin tend to be:
1. based on that one line
2. based on the flying thing
3. based on the human/inhuman gap (can work both ways).

The ones which don't fall into any of those categories are either fluff or pure H stuff, or a mixture of the two.

We need more ReiMari~! This story was pretty good though.

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

A pretty promising start! Thank goodness more college series are still coming in... Looking forward to the next chapter.

So we got a left to right color internet strip from China, and now we got one from Korea. I like the diversity.
Next thing you know we'll have stuff from Ukraine. Yuri shall infect the world muahaha.

I await this day in eager anticipation. XD

kiriactor
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Man, this is depressing stuff...

kiriactor
Stretch discussion 10 Dec 16:50
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

When Keiko and Ran were playing around in the snow and having the time of their life, it was a "normal" couple who patronized them.

Actually, the translation makes them come off as being worse than they seem to be; the original dialogue has the girl replying with 'it's embarrassing, silly', so it feels more like Ran and Keiko are just doing what other couples wish they could do.

And lol only a kiss... Going a bit fast for something which wasn't even confirmed yuri, don't you think? Though of course that would make a great Christmas present! ^^

last edited at Dec 10, 2014 4:50PM

kiriactor
Stretch discussion 10 Dec 16:29
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Masterfully done. It's really impressive how Shou is able to depict the light-hearted interactions so common previously while managing to show that their relationship has unmistakeably changed. And it's nice to see that Keiko is behaving in a way that implies an acknowledgement of Ran's feelings rather than seeming like nothing happened, which I was half-expecting. But man, Ran isn't trying to hide her feelings at all any more, is she? XD
And that hand-holding! A yuri end is in sight~

kiriactor
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Ah, how cute... ^^

The art isn't BAD per se, it just look weird because it's too masculine.
Those look like male Maki/Nico cosplayers

I can tell you're going to have a field day with so many other artists on this reader...

kiriactor
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

I think I've actually got a soft spot for yuri with mermaids (both actual or metaphorical) in it. o.O
But a really cute story! The MC's friends are pretty terrible, though.

Cigarettes != Chocolate has been one of my favourites for quite a while. I'd like to see more from this author.

Ahh me too!

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

lol Azusa...

kiriactor
Find Out discussion 30 Nov 12:40
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Well, that sure escalated quickly...

I really like how Mental Apricot is able to change between the dark, angsty tone of most of their longer stories to short fluffy pieces like this, it's very skilful.

kiriactor
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

This was quite interesting. The human/inhuman and can fly/can't fly themes are very common in ReiMari doujin, but Rireba handled it pretty well here, I think.

Also the whole top/bottom thing with Yukari was funny! XD
Mildly sore about the fact that Renko and Yukari are holding hands while Merry's all the way on the other side, though... Feels like cheating somehow. I didn't realise Fantasy Melt was supposed to be read as MerryRen rather than RenMerry either, it just never came off that way to me... Hm.

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Wow, this is actually really cool! Really enjoying this take on mermaids, it's both refreshing and educational. The yuri is a bit random, but it doesn't really matter since the comedy is done really well!

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

It's so fluffy! :D

Also, is it me or while being all romantic kissing a sleeping Nanoha while wondering how she could put her feelings into words, Fate was about to just grope Nanoha's breast ? :p

I know right? I noticed that too!

kiriactor
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Hahaha that was hilarious! The ending was really unexpected, but realistic. XD

kiriactor
Stretch discussion 30 Nov 08:46
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

I actually interpreted that "whoa" as a response to the fact that there were a bunch of delinquents sitting outside the convenience store? I'd probably find it a mildly worrying sight, myself... She follows up with 'My first impression of her couldn't have been worse' on the next page, too.

Still think that while Keiko might be attracted to Ran, it's not certain whether those feelings are romantic, and like adamatari says, even she doesn't seem very aware of them, so it's very difficult to say whether they'll actually get together at this point.

kiriactor
Stretch discussion 28 Nov 19:10
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

The ex telling his story, or rather his story about Keiko, was what flipped the switch and put Ran into active mode. If the ex show up again, I expect it'll be in the context of Keiko putting her past to rest rather than to get back together with him again.

Best case scenario, she tells the ex she has someone new in her life.

Ah, that's certainly possible. I hadn't really thought of him as a trigger rather than a plot point waiting to be revived, but it's true that when Ran next appears, this and this and this sort of thing starts happening, then you have the yuriffic chapters 25, 27, and of course 29... In fact the only chapter since the revelation without any subtext is probably chapter 28.
I also doubt she'll get back with him, whether she gets together with Ran or not; her past has always been portrayed as something which has weighed on her in an unhealthy manner. I don't know too much about her relationship with him, though, so it'd be nice to learn more about it, if only to see how he compares with Ran.

I swear that Shou is making all this recent chapters in order to later say they were straight, come to this forum and laugh at the meltdown?

Wouldn't that be career suicide?
I'm pretty sure he's more than aware of the following this has with yuri fans.

Yeah, you should see the comments on the official site. They're divided into the people saying that the stretching on page 3 is hot, those who say it's nice and cute, and those who are all YURI!! about it. Categories two and three can presumably be assessed as positive reactions to the yuri element, while category one is rather small and therefore near-negligible. I've only seen one negative reaction - the person said that it was the worst and most disgusting chapter - but it might have been trolling, you never know with the Internet. All in all, that's a really large percentage of people who approve of this development, which suggests that they were probably open to the pairing beforehand. Career suicide indeed.

"we haven't shared a futon in a long time"

So they slept together before? When? Why didn't Shou show?

Ahh I noticed that too! I'm guessing it must have been after they moved in together - they would certainly not have had the opportunity to do so while still in school, as Ran makes it quite clear they did not meet beyond bumping into each other in the morning, at school, and in the library.

And to carry on the discussion on to what extent Ran's feelings were shown before this chapter, here are two examples I came across which don't feel like fanservice which haven't been raised yet:
1. when she tries smoking Keiko's cigarettes in chapter 16 - her expression is quite serious, so it doesn't seem like simple curiosity, especially since only three chapters later she starts talking about how disgusting a smoker's lung is; perhaps she wanted to understand her better by doing so.
2. there's another moment in chapter 18 where there's a slightly odd change in atmosphere when Ran starts talking about how she and Keiko used to talk together; it feels sort of wistful to me.

kiriactor
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Much appreciated. ^^
I need more of this pairing in my life.

kiriactor
Stretch discussion 27 Nov 18:43
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

I don't believe that just happened. It's just a translation error right?

Too bad, it's nowhere near April Fools' and I can read Japanese, and so can tell you there's nothing wrong with the translation. ;)

kiriactor
Stretch discussion 27 Nov 14:55
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Does anybody other than me think that Ran wasn't actually intending to confess to Keiko at first? I mean, she had the chocolates in a bag, which implies that it was going to be a bit more proper, but then she decides to serve them with a drink instead. That sort of concealing of intention implies that she was just going to give them to her "as a friend" to me... But then Keiko goes out of her way to eat the spilled chocolate, gives her some chocolate of her own, and they even end up sharing a futon - Ran probably just grabbed the opportunity. So the seeming suddenness of the confession would be completely understandable.

The thing about Ran's gayness before this chapter is that she had no interest in men and she was attached to Keiko, am i the only one that thinks this is not enough to say she wants a piece of that Keiko? She could very well not feel like committing to a relationship at all

I agree with Random Reader, Ran's been dropping hints here and there for some time now. The problem is that as fellow yuri fans, we are aware that it's not being marketed as a yuri series, and so write it all off as subtext: it's ironic, since we're the ones picking up the evidence, but rationally discard it as well to save our poor little hearts from being broken. (Well, I was still convinced that Ran was gay though.) And of course we don't know how the characters really feel - we never have, Shou has never had them talk about it or show how they feel about the matter. That ambiguity is natural for anybody of any gender or sexual orientation who's not prone to gushing over their crushes.

my main concern is about the future of the series considering how this chapter arrived "suddenly" as i've said myself and also how quickly the miscarriage meta-plot got dumped with a single chapter explaining everything that we needed to know after months of buildup, i just want Shou to not rush the development of their relationship in order to appease the yuri fans

Pretty darn sure that the miscarriage subplot didn't get dumped, but just placed on the back boiler. This whole thing - Ran's confession - is probably going to force Keiko to face her past and her feelings for Ran and her ex, and then there will have to be a confrontation of some sort. At least that's what I think. :/

I'm not looking foward to the ex at all...maybe they get back together and adopt ran....That's what I can expect from this author...nothing more.

What do you mean by that? There's nothing about Shou's reputation that suggests that's going to happen - he's famous for doing a series featuring a happy and explicitly lesbian couple, so I'd think it actually works the other way round... The ex seems like he'll serve as a point of conflict, but I doubt that it will be clear-cut he-shows-up-and-gets-back-together-with-Keiko situation. There would be absolutely no point to Ran's storyline then. No, they're gonna go for the drama, and lots of it. It makes more sense from both a storytelling and commercial point of view.

Edit: restored. Thanks, takachi!

last edited at Nov 27, 2014 4:21PM

kiriactor
Stretch discussion 26 Nov 23:22
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Oh, goodness, I never thought that this would ever happen. And certainly not this soon, after all that baiting in previous chapters... But yes, this definitely steps way over the teasing line: Ran wouldn't joke about the chocolates being 本命, nor would she have reacted like that to Keiko's half-hearted (?) "Yeah, yeah, mine too."

Ahh, I'm glad to be alive.

And that last panel killed me. I didn't notice it while reading, but wow, you can really see what's going on once you look... ^^

last edited at Nov 26, 2014 11:24PM

kiriactor
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

"Viking" turned into "hiking" and then into "bi king", huh... XD

kiriactor
Their Story discussion 23 Nov 15:07
Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

Chinese and korean call this 'manwha' maybe, but im not sure. Anyway this manwha is very fun and fresh. Thank you uploader.

I've heard korean's were manhwa and chinese's were manhua... Personnaly I don't see the difference, the romanization may be different but the pronunciation seems the same

It's to do with the romanisation, yes. If you think it's important to differentiate Japanese manga from its Korean and Chinese counterparts, then you should try to use the correct terms (Korea = manhwa, Chinese = manhua, as you correctly observed) because they are all written the same way, just pronounced differently.
Not sure whether I'd call this manhua though, since that term tends to be associated with a certain school of style which this definitely does not fit into... I would have thought that a Japanese person had drawn it if not for the names etc.

But really, a lovely series! The art is really nice, and the characters are cute - I'm longing to know more about Qiu Tong and how she gets together with Sun Jing. Too bad Sun Jing cuts her hair though, I liked how she sort of resembled Kunizuka from Psycho-Pass... And I do think it's nice to show a girl with a more masculine physique; not all females look like society seems to think they should.