Forum › Posts by b58

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I'll be glad to eat my own words but I don' think we'll see any "action" ( as my fellow commenters have put it) any time soon.

washer-dryer action, maybe

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I'm way less familiar with Japanese folklore and culture and stuff than you might expect from someone that frequents this website, and I didn't really bat an eye at the term "ogre", I just accepted this is what it is in this particular story :P
Although if you used "oni" instead I wouldn't think about it twice either. Some sort of creature with horns, and it's pictured immediately after the term is first used so I don't think it matters that much.

... and I think that a reason for translating something which amounts to "don't make the reader do any unnecesary research" is a perfectly good reason. It's more or less the point of translating stuff, make the reader understand the story.

last edited at Nov 26, 2021 12:41PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I really wish I could read this but after the first chapter I just can't tell some of these girls apart, as someone said, it took way too much effort to even realize there's multiple :P

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

rooting for the boy so far

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Looks like some 2nd tier (heck they might be 3rd tier) level characters engaging (attempting at least) in hetero action.
https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/94206178

pretty sure they're from the other series, no connection to tadokoro:
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/a_cute_guy

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

nooo shimizu don't jump off the bridge

But to be serious, I liked Still Sick a lot and it seems like there's a decent chance I'll like this one, but I'm kinda bummed it turns out the author can only draw maximum of two different faces :P

last edited at Nov 18, 2021 3:41AM

b58
Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

how the fuck do you engineer a prank like that and also fall for "earwax is nutritious"

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I mean, this looks to be some kind of fusion shit still since the mech has these crystals... wouldn't be surprised that the "suicide" is somewhat reversible

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Ruriko pls, she's willing to buy you a dishwasher, she's clearly the one

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I don't know, I think the author just doesn't like to commit to an ending - see the ending in "my first love was a beatiful girl", it's a similar open-ended kind of thing.
... and how much more could you expand the concept of "this guy is so lazy that it doesn't matter if he becomes a girl", I just can't see what could be done with it further, it was already getting stale in these few last chapters. If the author wanted a resolution, it would happen in that last chapter IMO, instead of some vague inklings about Igarashi. I suspect it's the closest we would have gotten, axe or not.

Anyway, thank you for translating these, I was wondering if this is gonna continue. Didn't notice the few last chapters until the newest came out but I don't know if they were just uploaded or Dynasty does stuff in weird order again so I never noticed these.

last edited at Nov 2, 2021 2:46PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Why does it feel like this is leading up to the series finale?

They did say this is just the first of three guardians, so we're presumably not at the end yet :P

Though it seems like her wife cycle has been retconned

Or she lied to the audience to begin with :P and it seems that countless = 3

last edited at Oct 31, 2021 5:47AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

... you know, that's actually a genius move for the story. The party's going to be awkward for both of them and I can't wait to see it.

(also lmao at Ruri inadvertently helping Liane by blabbering to Astra about how they're rivals, just realized that)

last edited at Oct 30, 2021 3:51PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I mostly agree with everyone's assesment, but I think Glamor just got scolded, although politely :P Hard to tell with this stupid face.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I expected many things out of the door of truth idea, but a yuri dragon checking your feelings wasn't one of them

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I try not to think too hard about the implication of "you saved me" because it's probably something along the lines of "you were in a videogame I liked when my life was miserable", and that just strikes me as stupid, but I guess this sort of thing comes with the genre. I can't seem to be able to fully ignore it though :P

I do not think it is stupid to latch on a person, even a fictional one, as a beacon of hope when you are on the edge of just giving up on life. Whatever helps you get away from that edge and starting to feel alive again is fine by me. I personally have never experienced such attachment to a character, but I imagine that if I did and then got to meet them in person, I'd feel pretty much the same way as Rei.

That's not the part that feels stupid to me, it's just... you usually don't get to meet fictional characters. But I get it, it's the whole point of the story, feels dumb to complain about such an integral element. It's just that this part reminded me strongly about it.

last edited at Oct 25, 2021 7:43AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I try not to think too hard about the implication of "you saved me" because it's probably something along the lines of "you were in a videogame I liked when my life was miserable", and that just strikes me as stupid, but I guess this sort of thing comes with the genre. I can't seem to be able to fully ignore it though :P

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

good, you got a girlfriend, now get fucking glasses

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Well, maybe Suzu is oblivious and whatnot, but how can she not be when in the very first panel Kasumi presents herself as her "little sister", to the point that I would imagine 90% of readers assume she really is one. How is Suzu supposed to know her "sister" is even an option to consider :P The dating app thing was probably the first time she gave any clear signal, no wonder she "barely recognized her" if she behaved completely different than up to that point.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

This story slowly devolves into nonsense, way too many unclear motivations and open ends

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

"calculation"? cmon, it was the perfect time for the title drop...

last edited at Oct 13, 2021 6:14PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

The potion clearly does whatever is the funniest for the plot, ez

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

That would be a very easy way for existing readers to lose track of new releases :P

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Seems like Tatsubon was craving for some hardboiled action again

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

"I'm leaving, don't do anything weird"
... followed immediately by very much doing that

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

There is a (somewhat lower quality) scanlation on Mangadex of ch10 right now and it's time for more talking lmao