Forum › Posts by Nevri

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Taken alone, the She-Wolf chapter (which was of course originally a one-shot) makes it clear the MC was raped and the other girl was molested, and both developed a fear of men, the latter turning to women (the MC doesn't show interest in anyone up to that point). Now the later Red Riding Hood Strikes Back story seems to be an attempt to fix that, but even then she's considering "trauma = lesbian" as a valid possibility.

I'm not really sure. She-wolf could be lesbian from the beginning and just happened to get molested/raped too. Sure, it isn't clearly stated, but it isn't the other way around as well. Imo it is told vague enough you can pick your interpretation. I got no problem with thinking that she was lesbian all along even with just that one chapter.

last edited at Jul 9, 2015 8:29PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I think that story from Takemiya Jin is the only one I ever found that uses abuse and trauma in a serious manner with a really lesbian character that don't end in het, and that have good written of course.

Well written, I don't know but there is this one too were the girl doesn't turn het and the trauma isn't the reason she like the other girl. It looks more about the person than about the gender
http://dynasty-scans.com/anthologies/spring_summer_fall_winter

Oh yea. I totally forgot about that one. Yea it's great manga with yuri ending. Thanks for reminding me about it <3

last edited at Jul 9, 2015 8:09PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Ok. So I finally read this new manga and... siiiiiigh, man it was so cliche.

MC is not a lesbian. Boys harassed her so she developed hate of men (seriously? she faints because of fear? Wtf >.>?), but was saved by another girl. It's obvious she will become close with someone who saved her, regardless of gender. They spend 1 day together, kissed by mistake and then girl disappeared without a word. MC was excited by kiss and called it her first love, but common, she was just a kid. It's obvious she will react like that to her first experience. Later she is clearly thinking about that girl only because she regrets separating with someone she just became friends with and is ashamed that her first love was a girl. Her first love turns out to not be what she thought it was (aka guy) and MC gets blackmailed. Change that girl to a guy and you have standard romance-comedy plot (changing wrong sex, to guy is actually a jerk or something). Typical "I'm my first-love-sexual" story. No matter who you are, I'll come to love you. Destiny and all that crap. So far MC isn't show to have any interest in girls and only wish to met her 1-day-friend again. Unless next chapter has her giving some statement on that I say she was just charmed by being saved. It seems that tittle was just supposed to be catchy and probably kinda true since series is going to be riding on yuri fanservice.

Gender-bender wise, this story is so standard too. Guy meets girl, is charmed by her, but she disappears. Years later he still remember her and want to meet her again. And there she is. She is in his class. She remembers him. She is actually a guy. Just reversed. Anyway. Whatever it is yuri or not depends if guy in question actually accept becoming a girl. Since he clearly said that he wants to stay a boy I guess, he doesn't. I understand he was already cursed when he meet MC for the first time? Cos otherwise he would have to cross-dress at that time and it doesn't seem to be a case. He probably ran away because he got scared of being exposed. Kissing in order to let him stay guy part doesn't make any logic sense to me, but it's manga so I guess I should just go with it. If anything this setup so far only assure me that this manga thinks along side of "Her falling in love in a girl was just a mistake, because it was actually a guy and because it wasn't possible for 2 girls to fall in love to begin with. By helping him, MC will understand that guys ain't bad, so she will get cured from her phobia." or something like that.

I think it will go standard route "Girl is blackmailed to go along with guy who makes her do his bidding, but they will eventually fall in love in each other and after finding way to make him guy permanently, they will live happily ever after". Unless mangaka make a twist and turn him into girl for real. That would be fresh. But yea, I doubt it will happen.

last edited at Jul 9, 2015 7:52PM

Nevri Uploader
Plica discussion 09 Jul 15:49
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

MAL says it is ongoing series. Seems like Lililicious dropped it or at least don't have people to work on it. I'm trying to find any info on their site.

Note: We've scanlated all of the Plica strips that are available online, and are currently working on some others that were only printed in the Plica doujinshi or Anise. (For the releases of the book strips, we're omitting any strips that we already scanlated as part of the webcomic. If anyone is curious about which strips were included in the doujinshi and in what order, I can put a list together.)

Some Plica strips were recently published in the anthology Sparkling Rain (ISBN: 1892281260). Here's your chance to own some of Plica, and in English, to boot!

last edited at Jul 9, 2015 3:50PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Plica looks like it, but I never read it so finding it would be hard. Looking at "non-moe art" reminded me about other example from here.

last edited at Jul 9, 2015 3:41PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I got that Nevri. I am grateful that you mentioned it, since I really don't remember it well (and thus intend to re-read it soon). Re-reading my post, I noticed it was kinda rude, but that was not my intention. My apologies.

Nah. It wasn't rude. You just stated a statement. It's my bad habit of overwriting and overexplaining everything (and having urge to respond even if there wasn't really a need). I'm glad it was of use ;P

Some people in japan seens to believe woman becomes lesbian because a man hurt her, one manga here with non moe art talks about this in one chapter, probably not hard to find.

It is that one I think, but I might be wrong.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

none

You are welcome

Thanks, but I'm pretty sure I've already read that. Don't remember it very well, tho.

Well, you just were talking about manga with realistic hate of men in which heroine says she likes girls and actually like girls. It is the only yuri manga with heroine hating men that I know (or only one good enough to make me remember it so well), but it was great regardless, so this conversation instantly reminded me about it. It is collection about 4-5 couples, each has around 2-4 chapter focused on them. 1 from 2 I liked the best and like to re-read from time to time just happened to fit Thiaguinho-sama criteria, so I just dropped it here.

Thiaguinho-sama

I received your email Nevri, it's been some weeks that I'm not really going to the internet to do anything, using only Dynasty on my phone because without yuri there's no reason to live another day, when I feel better and finally use my pc I answer your email and others that are waiting, and talk with a lot of people that must think I died months ago...

Np. np. xD It's fine~. I just wanted to make sure ;P Take your time and write when you are free ;3

last edited at Jul 9, 2015 3:08PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

none

For real though, has anyone ever actually known someone that thought they were a lesbian but they really only hated men? Because that whole situation seems really convoluted to me

[...] all mangas I remember reading that are like this always had shitty writting and really stupid reasons for her hate, reasons that would not really work in real life.

Tbh, it must be kinda difficult almost impossible to write something good with this basis.

You are welcome

They end up together. Yuri ending.

Man, Thiaguinho-sama, you wrote a lot ^ ^" I understand where you are coming from. I have some similar issues with stories like you pointed out, so I can get why you are so upset. Btw. can you tell me if you got my mail, cos I'm not sure if I didn't mess up your address xD"

last edited at Jul 9, 2015 2:24PM

Nevri Uploader
Teppu discussion 09 Jul 13:50
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

koneko

does the two in last panel dating or something?
http://raw.senmanga.com/Teppuu/Final/25

No. It turned out it's her father and we finally learned her name XD

SoulyD

I still kinda hope that it isn't ending but that the mangaka just wants a break & the story switches magazines -> continue with a new title like Teppu 2.

I honestly doubt it. He was on hiatsu for 2 years already. It's already a miracle he came to finish his work and managed to wrap everything just fine at the end. It's true that story can be easily continued, but I wouldn't count on that.

That being said, I was reading this manga since first chapter had been scanlated and I really loved Natsuo and her story so.... DAMN WHY IT HAD TO END!? T__T

last edited at Jul 9, 2015 1:51PM

Nevri Uploader
LOVE/DEATH discussion 07 Jul 07:00
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Am I the only one who was mentally shrieking "Nooo! If you're going to do the block knife with hand thing, don't let the knife be crosswise to the hand!!!"

I noticed it too. I think it is mistake on a author part. He wanted to make it cool, but forgot this kind of wound is actually serious (not that if knife were turn other way it wouldn't, but shhh, we don't use normal dosage of logic here).

Nevri Uploader
LOVE/DEATH discussion 06 Jul 15:06
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Works fine for me. Try refreshing or something?

Nevri Uploader
LOVE/DEATH discussion 06 Jul 15:00
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Hey Nevri, you have a link for the original version of your avatar?

Here you are

And after Nikochuu the manga is over then?

Yup

Nevri Uploader
LOVE/DEATH discussion 06 Jul 13:59
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Your avatar is adorable Nevri
Nice Cat-ear picture btw <3

Thanks nya <3

Ah, next chapter is last? Never mind then.

MAL says:
1-7. Love Death.
8-13. Nikochuu (Nicotinism)

Nevri Uploader
LOVE/DEATH discussion 06 Jul 13:49
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

am i the only one that thinks that this is kinda starting to get a bit crazy/scary >_>

It's manga about 2 psycho lesbian. What did you except xD?

It sucks that next chapter is last ;/ Does anyone knows if Nicotinism is something of a sequel or completely different story with different characters?

THIS! ..this right here is true love..
I could learn a thing or two from this.

Yea. Like how to love to death

last edited at Jul 6, 2015 1:50PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Haha i lost it at the first page "What..? That bastard's son...?"

Yea. It killed me too xD

I thought it was really hilarious to see Tooru refer to God as "that bastard" too, I wonder if that'll come up later? I hope so.

I think in Tooru's world God plays bigger role and he was a jerk to her/dragons in general. Or it was just simple joke. We will see.

BTW. Isn't it funny have everyone was talking when and if at all we will see Fafnir or Quetzalcoatl and then in next chapter we got to see them both xD?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

There aren't.

Nevri Uploader
netsuzou trap manga! 05 Jul 07:34
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

It seems no group is scanning it.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I liked the concept. Sure, there was almost no reason for them to have random sex and fall for each other, but I don't really expect much logic from something that is supposed to be fap material. Author could try to make it more realistic, but for what it was I thought it was pretty cute. I really liked heroines, so I didn't mind how it progresses, because they ended up being sweet couple. Cutness>>>logic.

Ending really confused me until I realised they weren't talking to each other.

Yea. I didn't realize it at first glance too.

Did anyone else notice that at the end, they switched ribbons/bows?

I didn't. That is so cute <3

BTW. I laughed at this page so hard

last edited at Jul 4, 2015 10:11AM

Nevri Uploader
Lewd Warfare 03 Jul 17:29
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Never heard that before if I'm honest. If the questionmark refers to why I called you heathen, it's because futa is sacred to me, and should be to you.

My bad. I just assumed it's common enough word that if you watch any anime, you will know what that means. It's just one of words meaning "why".

About futa. Without going into details, I just don't find it appealing. I love woman's body and attaching penis to it ruins it for me. As you can guess I don't particularly like penises...

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 5:30PM

Nevri Uploader
Lewd Warfare 03 Jul 17:14
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

That info about futanari really discouraged me, since I really hate it ;/

HEATHEN!

Doushite ^ ^"?

They said some characters are canonically futanari. If there is special option that they appear normal only for players who chose it, that would be great, but I think it would be annoying to implement and kinda going against creators idea, since they created futanari characters to begin with.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I think he decided to ad the sword later

Yea. I think so too. Kobayashi being drunk was a semi-joke how to explain it.

Nevri Uploader
Lewd Warfare 03 Jul 17:04
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

That info about futanari really discouraged me, since I really hate it ;/

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

and I'm glad it's here as one of the very first yuri I've read.

This is the very first yuri manga published in my country xD I bought it without even knowing the plot, just cos it was yuri and I regretted nothing! XD

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 1:58PM

Nevri Uploader
Another yuri webcomic? 03 Jul 13:52
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Well best friend of main heroine seems to be attracted to her. I read around 15 chapters, but had mixed feelings about this series and didn't like it that much overall so I dropped it. I guess some more definite yuri was later? Since in what I read, there were maybe 2 yuri scenes total. It had some good ideas, but some potential was wasted in way series was progressing imo.

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 1:55PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

God, 36 chapters and we still reached 1/9 way to there. This will be long..

I think this comment is meant for some other manga?

Nope. She, Her Camera and Her Seasons has 5 volumes. 36 chapters in total.

I think BolbyNasution meant that this series has 36 chapters and we are still only 1/9 chapters through it.

It's been happening rather often recently and I really hesitated to read the comments because I feared there might be untagged spoilers and now I partly blame myself for actually thinking today might be opposite day.

Just bringing it to your attention, no hard feelings.

My politic on that is that you can talk about anything that happened so far in manga without spoiler tags, since I assume that everyone who comments already read all chapters available on dynasty-scans. Info from later chapters from other readers or spoilers from raws are definitely a must tag though. That is why I tagged things that aren't said in the manga yet, despite others not doing so, just to be safe. I hate spoilers just like everyone, unless I want to be spoiled.

There's a link in here with all the raws. Akari is an elementary school teacher, Rin is a salaryman, they are NOT together. They are just keeping in touch. It just ends with Akari running into the arms of Yuki after 7 years not seeing each other, at a photo exhibition or something. What happens next,if their feeling are mutual or not at last, is left to the imagination. I don't count that ending as much as a bad end than, say, Happy End.

I read most of the comments before, so I knew how it going to end more or less, but thanks for summing it up anyway. I'll keep reading it for now, but if things ever get too angsty, I at least know I can drop it, since ending like that isn't really worth wasting my time and feels.

last edited at Jul 3, 2015 1:35PM