Forum › Posts by Lilisionnach

Lilisionnach
Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Well...this is getting intriguing. Looks like some of the other characters are also going to be playing matchmaker.

Lilisionnach
Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Omg, that bonus with the "Swing" couple from chapter 9 was really cute!

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

By the common "half + 7" rule, 26 should date 13+7 = 20 or older.

^ What bullshit is this?

Why should the ages of people in relationships be of any concern for anybody else.

The Half + 7 rule is a sociocultural norm that has been around for at least a century if not more; though it’s primarily used as a reference for het relations with an older male partner to determine the ideal age of a female partner. It’s got some ~interesting~ history. Safe to say though that the age of people in relationships has often been a concern of the people outside of the relationship. Prime reasonings are due to instances of pedophilia, grooming, and, on the opposite spectrum, deathbed marriages. Outside observers have had ethical and legal reasons and sometimes requirements for being involved.

However, none of those situations apply in this story as we are dealing with two consenting same sex adults that haven’t even started dating. Oh and grandma approves.

last edited at Apr 29, 2022 1:06AM

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Hana: The kiss and groping was just the beginning. Now the real fun begins!

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

But yeah, ethically 26-19 is basically irrelevant.

Not everyone agrees! A bunch of my college friends were creeped out when a 26 year old guy was dating an 18 year old freshman we knew.

That's more a social stigma (maybe) than an ethical dilemma. At least in my opinion.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Blastaar posted:

I do not get the Dynasty readers’ concentration on age gaps among grown people who are out of school. Sure, age differences affect the details of how relationships work (which is one of the reasons authors deploy them), but if there’s no official power differential (teacher-student, boss-employee), what real difference does an age gap make?

There's often at least in experience of relationships.

Well, sure, that’s what I mean—age differences become another variable for the author to play around with.

And I know in Japanese culture there’s the whole “seniority/respect” thing going on, so that people often try to find out other people’s ages for “hierarchy” purposes.

But yeah, ethically 26-19 is basically irrelevant.

I'm not sure the author was going for anything ethically gray here, just a difference in maturity and experience.

Lilisionnach
Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Not sure if this is important or not, but Bilibili Comics has started translating this to English and including it on their app.

Lilisionnach
Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

I like this series and am quite interested to see how the plot will develop, but it could really do with a bit more plot per chapter

I feel the same way, this one might be a good one to binge later on, but while I'm enjoying it and the art is great, it does feel like too few things happen in each chapter.

Agreed. I’ve read up to chapter 12 of the translated LN and this really feels more like a companion than it’s own work. But the art is fantastic. Really well done.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Wait so the pair will be the mangaka and miyako? I kinda don't get the lottery one

Yup, since she is part of the fan club, she got in the advance lottery, which gave her access to one additional ticket, so one for her and a guest. She'll be taking Miyako with her. I suppose Asako could always try to get in with the general lottery.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Going without the support of Asako huh? Well, I'm sure she'll be worried about Miyako the whole time. Wonder how seeing her past band members will affect her.

Cute chapter with them bonding. Matching mugs would've been cute though!

last edited at Apr 27, 2022 12:30PM

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Chapter 1 has been voiced in celebration of the release of Volume 1.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqpwYE4JXAY

And the MC is voiced by no other than Sukoya Kana, our favorite vtuber nurse :D

Only fitting since she was Tamamusi's inspiration for Mei. But this was great, they really nailed it! I did a read-a-long with the english translation pulled up so that was nice. Hopefully we'll continue getting new chapters.

Lilisionnach
Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Anything where at least one of the characters is comedically in denial about their true feelings despite doing explicitly gay things all the time. Kinda like Hino-san no Baka.

There's a new series that just started How Do I Get Together with My Childhood Friend. Though I'm not sure how long the denial will last for.

There's also Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess

Oh, this one too BGMRSP

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Man, social conditioning reeeaaaally does a number on people. Also, how do you mess up porridge?

Lilisionnach
Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

"....who is this adorable creature?"

Hard agree Ayame-san. How can one be a Goddess and yet be so adorable?! Ahhh this was just about everything I wanted out of this chapter. And that second page illustration was beautiful! Thanks for translating and bringing us this wonderful work!

last edited at Apr 25, 2022 6:33PM

Lilisionnach
Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

[this was spam]

I’m fairly certain this is spam, but if it isn’t, please just list what you are looking for, and not include a link to an outside source. Thanks.

last edited at Apr 25, 2022 1:45PM by Casusby

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Ah, nice Yuru Camp references there.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

What is this?! Kira Kira Study meets Asteroid in Love??

Jokes aside, I’m down, this looks great!

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Oh man….Botan and I got played like a fiddle. I was thinking the same thing Botan, poor girl.

I don't follow at all, who played Botan? Ibuki? Chou?

It doesn't seem to me that we should feel sorry for the “poor girl” as on the contrary it looks like the right time for love confessions has arrived. Next chapter should normally bring an “I luv u / I luv u 2” betwixt Botan and Ibuki as a logical followup (and if it doesn't I'll call cheap copout).

I probably exaggerated a bit, but basically Botan thought Ibuki was asking her to spend the night there, just the two of them, alone…with each other.

But yeah, I can see how this might lead to a confession. We’re getting some, “we’re the same and have grown closer through our bond” chat right now. On that same note though, I’m sure Botan would want to be alone with Ibuki following said confession; not have a third person in the room with them.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Oh man….Botan and I got played like a fiddle. I was thinking the same thing Botan, poor girl.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

I’m not a big fan of the poly route on this one either, but probably more to do with me not liking the new girl much from the start. Well, let’s see what the author does. If we get good build up for it, then fine; otherwise I wanna see these two enjoying being a married couple.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Soooo….Sakaki and Kiku….when’s that gonna happen?!

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Oooh Haru-Chan gonna get bolder?! Just what Hii-Chan needs!

Lilisionnach
Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Now that it's out here, spoilers removed!!! ahhh, this was such a good chapter! So glad they made up. Now time for dates!

last edited at Apr 26, 2022 1:01PM

Lilisionnach
Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Well, I feel like we had already determined that Miss Sunflower was around that age, so it felt like more of a reveal for the characters than us.

Lilisionnach
Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Does anyone know where I can read the translated light novel version of "A Yuri Story About a Girl Who Insists "It's Impossible for Two Girls to Get Together" Completely Falling Within 100 Days"?

you mean this one or??

Yeah, but the light novel version.

yo i found it!

That is so not the same story...
oh come on!

Ask and you shall receive