Forum › Posts by Ultraxion

Ultraxion
Saki discussion 20 Jul 19:28
joined Mar 15, 2015

I'm not sure why this site isn't hosting the first 104 chapters. Perhaps the people uploading to this site couldn't host them, for some reason, or this was the point at which they first started getting scanlations (which, being at the start of the Side B semifinals, is a decent place to start).

Ultraxion
Saki discussion 19 Jul 02:51
joined Mar 15, 2015

Chapter 145 has been translated. Essentially, Sawaya shows off more of her skills, which is a nice change of pace for Usuzan given their first three members' incompetence, but it does make me seriously wonder how Kiyosumi will pull through here. Perhaps another perfect hand at the last minute, like the prefectural finals, or Achiga's quarterfinals match, will be what they need here.

Ultraxion
Saki discussion 06 Apr 02:32
joined Mar 15, 2015

Nodoka has some interesting discussion about left-handed people in mahjong. I'm also curious as to who told her about it being better to use her right hand, since it seems to refer to when she first learned how to play mahjong, something that happened before she even came to Achiga. Perhaps a flashback will shed light on this.

Kinue seems to be taking the loss somewhat hard, as I expected. I'm curious as to how she'll feel when, as I suspect, Himematsu gets eliminated.

It's nice to hear more about Usuzan's plans for the future. It seems as though, even if they've accepted that they've all but lost already, the outcome is still within their plans.

It's interesting to see that Teru's attitude toward Saki may be shifting, however slightly, even if she's still not referring to her by name ("It might be tough for that girl, since it will be her second match against Suehara-san") and seems to be making excuses to avoid watching the match.

Ultraxion
Saki discussion 23 Mar 14:02
joined Mar 15, 2015

well i have not just been watching this for developing of the charaters but also the wining damn thing , and teru and her school dominated for too long. i like when the underdog knocks the world champion, if they lose i feel i've some years reading and waiting for these chapters ..... i know i sound really into it a little bit , but it comes from competive sports attiude that i have when i played volleyball my tea, made it all the way to the state championship only to lose in the last set by 2 points .

It should be pointed out that apparently, Shiraitodai hasn't had all that good of a record until winning the tournament two years before the start of the story, since it's said that West Tokyo did not produce many good players. It's not necessarily a bad thing for Kiyosumi to unseat them (or possibly Achiga, which is also an underdog), but perhaps there was a time when Shiraitodai could have been considered an underdog.

Ultraxion
Saki discussion 23 Mar 01:49
joined Mar 15, 2015

no Kiyosumi has to win this , this isn't just about out saki and teru, think about it, this is hisa last chance to make a impression to become a pro, if nodka wins they will get to stay home instead moving , saki and teru will have more time to bond when they directly face each other , but Kiyosumi has to win this. i actually saki's big mess up in the indivual match, besides Kiyosumi wasn't even heared of un till this match, plus i want to see teru's school and Rinkai crash into the ground while Kilosumi raises to the top

Isn't Teru Vanguard while Saki is Captain? They won't face of anyway unless deus ex machina comes and helps :/ Fot Hisa to make an impression she could simply dominate her round. As for the Haramura case....usually in this situation the "oh but she is so happy with her friends" plot would move her father anyway...(also if Kiyosumi wins the nationals it would feel like Saki would end which I don't want >_<)

It is indeed true that Teru is the vanguard while Saki is the captain. Saki seems to be aware of this, since she's watched the Side A semifinals captain match, and refers to Awai by her position. She also chose not to watch Teru's match for unspecified reasons, but knows she's the vanguard.

As for Hisa, I don't recall her wanting to become a pro. In the first two years, when she lacked the members for a team, she mentions that she could have participated in the Individuals (and given how she ranked, it's possible she would have been able to move on to the nationals), but chose not to. As for Nodoka, that is entirely up to her father, since he gives a somewhat ambivalent answer to her proposal. It might be nice to see how he develops over time.

Ultraxion
Image Comments 15 Mar 22:57
joined Mar 15, 2015
41505735_big_p4

I like this version of Shiraitodai's uniform. It's a shame we don't get to see it more; I suspect it's their winter uniform.

Incidentally, it could be the positioning of Teru's arm, but Sumire's tie doesn't seem to be around her collar.

Ultraxion
Saki discussion 15 Mar 01:54
joined Mar 15, 2015

It's good to see that the series is being scanlated again, and I hope that the new scanlator can keep pace with the updates.

Kiyosumi's situation is unfortunate, and it seems their only hope for getting through is to get points from Himematsu so they can switch second and third places, not unlike how Achiga got through the quarterfinals (although in that case, they were actually second midway through the match, until dropping to third as a result of Kentani's surprisingly good vice-captain).

Ultraxion
Image Comments 15 Mar 01:51
joined Mar 15, 2015

The shyness feeling seems to be mutual, even if Kuro's significantly more outgoing. Perhaps it has something to do with the taboo nature of their incestuous relationship (see the tags)