Forum › Posts by ChikyuuNeko

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

i am genuinely scared of yanderes D:

Tbf, any sane person should be scared of yanderes

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I was kinda scared the manga would just ridicule the burly girl for joke material, so it's really nice to see her actually being a positive character. Also agree with most people who say Ginno x Ren are best, while I still like the main couple (mostly because Momo is cute), their dynamic is not nearly as wholesome or mature as Ginno and Ren

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I think the translation of the kouhai's internal monologue on page 57 might be inaccurate, from reading the raws, I think it shouldn't be "[...] but she's the type to be involved with girls", but "[...] he's the type to lay hands on girls", referring to the violent "boyfriend" and the small image of beat-up Minami. Kind of ambiguous passage, so I might be wrong, but from the context I think this makes more sense

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Pretty cute ending. This is one of these stories that are way more fluffy and wholesome than their premise would have you believe

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

i mean you don't use the same tie everyday normally, isn't it okay if she has 2 of them? just give her the fucking gift

I suspect it's more a matter of timing. Giving her a hairband right after she just bought one, with another friends encouragement, feels less special then giving her one while she's hesitating over which one to get. She's also probably worried about looking like she just copied Hana.

Now, realistically, Hime probably wouldn't view it that way and would probably appreciate the gesture for what it is, but teenagers and unfounded insecurities might as well be synonyms.

We are also talking about teenage girls. Getting insecure or hurt over minor things is sadly almost unavoidable at that age

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Sera says, "It still feels like we're just friends," in the same panels where Rurika is collapsing because that's exactly what's happening in the moment: Rurika is not treating Sera like a wife, she's treating her like any other friend.

Agreed. That's also why I see this as primarily a chance for Rurika to develop and be more honest about her feelings. If she wants to be a "real" couple with Sera than she should try and communicate that and I'm sure they'll find some way to handle things. Sera has already started doubting the "fall in love" rule, so while she took her time, she's certainly getting there.

Overall, I'm excited to see what the next chapters will bring. Ushio has so far been excellent at handling more serious matters in her manga, so I'm sure this will be resolved in a good way too.

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Maybe the new girl will, by basically attacking Nanase in the same way she attacked Momo, make Nanase realise that what she did to Momo was pretty messed up? Might be wishful thinking but that would be actual character development I could get behind

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Well that was awkward

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

If you gotta be addicted to something, chocolate is the way to go.

Side effects include having to exercise more...

You just need to train yourself to only eat dark chocolate. If the chocolate is >80% its health benefits apparently outweigh the negatives. Or at least that's what I think I read somewhere, but it's a good enough excuse for me

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I agree. Personally, I love yuri mangas more than yuri manhwa/manhuas but I still love them all. I respect y'all decisions since we have different tastes.

Exactly, thank you. Everyone has their preferences, but at the end of the day we should all come together under one big umbrella as a family, regardless of if we prefer Western, Japanese, Chinese, or Korean, Yuri series more.

I think we should also acknowledge that there are just overall way more manga than manhua/manwha. So there're naturally going to be more examples of great/terrible mangas for people to remember and shape their perception.

Personally, I've found a lot of manhua I really like (tamen de gushi, she is still cute today, etc), even though Chinese yuri is somewhat held back by a bigoted social and political environment. Since making money of gay stuff is kinda risky in mainland China, the industry can't really grow like in Japan.

For manwha I have so far not read a single one that was better than okay, but I've also only read very few, so that might be the problem. Also, as far as I'm aware, Korea is also less accepting of homosexuality than Japan, maybe this causes problems for artists? That's just speculation though

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

So happy this is back!
It seems like Lin Luxi's strategy of making Tongtong jealous whilst also mercilessly going on the attack is working quite well, maybe even too well?
Looking forward to Tongtong figuring out that she caught the gay over the next chapters

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I just can't see a world in which this series does not end in a harem

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I'm actually a bit surprised that people are so worked up over Nanase's behavior. As I mentioned before, It's par for the course, in manga. When I read it, I rolled my eyes, and sardonically thought "I guess what's a little rape between friends". And I'm pretty sure the author just thought it would be funny.

Personally, her full-on raping Momo would have been too much for me and I'd have probably dropped the series then. Just taking the kiss makes it so that I can be like "eh, manga logic" and be fine with it. I am not really phased by silly manga like these making light of stuff that would be extremely serious in the real world, but even then there is a limit

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Let's see what the author does with this sudden delay. If it in some way helps to further develop the plot or maybe Mai as a character I'd be okay with being baited, if it just going to be used to stall out the story I'd be a bit disappointed since pacing has been really good so far.

If only the updates were more frequent though...

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

New character to possibly further delay main couple? Doesn't really sound to good to me tbh, but I'll wait and see, maybe it turns out well.
Also relieved that Nanase did not actually do more to Momo, that would have definitely taken this series' teasing dynamic way too far

last edited at Jun 5, 2021 1:54PM

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I really like this Manga, even if the actual Yuri comes very or late/not at all.
These two have a nice dynamic, they're just two girls vibing, which makes it a really relaxing and fun read for me.
Even if they sometimes drop into this annoying "I need a boyfriend at all costs" trope, they never obsess over it so it just becomes part of the comedy. Well done overall

last edited at Jun 4, 2021 2:28PM

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

That joke at the end with heels is legit, I only have 2 pairs of heels (not even tall ones) and when I wear them I sometimes stumble while walking too

Also a lot of Japanese ladies who wear them really shouldn't wear them, when I was there I saw so many women who wore heels but had terrible posture/gait because of them. But then again, some workplaces even require you to wear heels, which is crazy to me, I can't imagine working in anything but flats

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Very cute, overall! Although I have to say, Momo has to be bulletproof considering how thick-skulled she is...

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Just picked up this Manga because of the new chapter. Some chapters are really confusing, but the characters are quite good. Weirdly enough, I can't bring myself to really love it though, even though I don't have any real complaints.
Maybe it's the feeling that there is something dark lurking underneath the MC's facade?

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I really appreciate series that this series does not draw out its story forever without any need to do so. Looking forward to the next chapter, overall quite a nice one I think.
And good to see the president shipping them :D

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Made an account to ask, when is the gay happening?

Looking ahead in the Japanese raws, nothing explicit has really happened yet (by chapter 21), but the chemistry is definitely there, just nothing official yet

The Japanese series is also tagged as Yuri, so it will likely eventually turn into actual Yuri. But it will probably be very slow

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I like Crecent Moon and Doughnuts but I must admit I can't say I saw the connection. CM&D is more focused on the deepening bond between the main characters. Seiko seems to be throwing herself into husband hunting and food in a desperate attempt to avoid her feelings.
I understand that social pressure makes this story realistic, but it's frustrating to read. For Seiko to have her heart race over Nagisa one moment and in the next skip off to another date and to have that happen chapter after chapter with no real sign of development is just infuriating. Add in the fact that I'm not guaranteed the satisfying yuri hookup that would make this all worthwhile, I'm not sure I want to bother with it.

I mean, I fully agree that this story is frustrating to read. Seiko is just extremely dishonest to the point that lying to others and herself has basically become the norm for her. She is overall just not a very likeable character I think. The fact that she is realistic doesn't really change that I for me either.
Also, with the Storia tags being as they are, I am not particularly optimistic about the future of the series. But I'll probably still keep an eye out for it and check back occasionally before deciding to continue reading or drop it.

Regarding the CM&D parallel, I didn't mean they are similiar in the actual story, but rather in the initial setup of their main characters. Just like Seiko, Hinako is trying her best to be an ideal, "normal" woman, which in Japan automatically means marriage as well. The difference between the two is that CM&D clearly shows how Hinako is suffering from this, which then leads to great character development as her relationship with Satou makes her increasingly more confident and able to find her own path in life. In a sense, Hinako and Seiko therefore show two ways of dealing with the same problem, one builds meaningful relationships and learns to accept herself as she is, whilst the other basically completely denies who she even is and completely dives into escapism. Maybe that is what makes Seiko so frustrating as well, because there is no sense of progress whatsoever.

last edited at May 28, 2021 5:12PM

ChikyuuNeko
Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

I really liked the last 2 chapters, Nanase is in full alpha mode and everybody put their cards on the table now. Momo seems to still be oblivious to everything though, probably because her snacks keep getting eaten by other people.

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth of yuri then :)

Le oof.

...also pretty sure that'd end in NTR or something D:

History memes and Yuri combining?
We truly live in the greatest of timelines

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

This story is filled with annoying stuff like husband hunting for status and profit, girls playing "love games" at an all girl school, and Nagisa's crappy taste in boyfriends. After Kirin-kun informed me that the story is going to spin its wheels for at least another 5 chapters, and still not guaranteed to have a satisfying ending, I'm not sure I can stick with it.

I think it's annoying too, although not really unrealistic in Japanese society. Pressure on women to conform to some sort of stupid feminine ideal is pretty high after all. Still don't really like Seiko as a character, I can sympathise that society made her the way she is, but at some point you become complicit and she definitely shows some of the worst aspects of Japanese womanhood.
Crescent Moon and Doughnuts is a series that actually kind of starts with the same premise, but has a much more sympathetic main character and nice development. At the moment, this series feels like a more depressing and (so far at least) overall worse version of Crescent Moon.

Also, apart from the Yuri tag I am not yet sure about I'd like to also mention that Storia has this series tagged as Psychological Horror I don't think what was released so far qualifies for that, so maybe it's supposed to get only darker down the line?

last edited at May 28, 2021 11:00AM