Forum › Posts by erana

joined Jul 8, 2019

I feel kind of offended by that "a man has to be a hunter and shoot things dead to be a man" stereotype.

joined Jul 8, 2019

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN

indeed

also that "leave the abusive husband, but do NOT just come following me, or I'll be just like him" theme reminds me a LOT of "De los malos" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auCGPTaHhFU), a Spanish song by "El Bicho". I doubt that was the background music the mangaka had in mind, but it fits very well...

joined Jul 8, 2019

"ss is the ultimate band, after all". Let's admit it, this is made to troll yuri fans.

I don't understand why yuri fans would feel trolled over Super Saiyans.

Because everyone knows that Goku/Vegeta slashfic doesn't belong here, obviously. That's more for sadpanda.

(Also I might or might not use chapter 22, page 15, panel 1 to troll /u/ next time that LL is mentioned...)

joined Jul 8, 2019

Lesbian magical realism?

I choked on my donut for that.

joined Jul 8, 2019

"ss is the ultimate band, after all". Let's admit it, this is made to troll yuri fans.

joined Jul 8, 2019

dat credits page almost deserves its own What the fuck am I reading? tag

joined Jul 8, 2019

Elf That's good. Selfcest Oooo getting better! Threesome :-o
Oh yes, this is going to be good!

sELFcest

joined Jul 8, 2019

Of course. They are ninjas, dummy.

joined Jul 8, 2019

There needs to be more male characters like Otaku in yuri. Too often they only exist to create drama but not Otaku for he is a wingman who wants to see yuri bloom.

Have you read Trans*Star? Here you have a full clasroom full of such wingmen.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/trans_star#10

joined Jul 8, 2019

Wholesome

erana
2 Misfits discussion 03 Mar 08:23
joined Jul 8, 2019

Subtext sure has gotten a different meaning these days.. that was about as straight forward a confession (that was misunderstood) that I've seen in a while.

Yep, this is less "sub" and more just plain "text". Tag change?

erana
2 Misfits discussion 03 Mar 03:53
joined Jul 8, 2019

wholesome. Really.
As one who had to deal with bullying back in my younger days of old, and has to also deal with bullying of others now that I am older, I fucking wish that there were more people like her. It would have made my life then and my task now much easier.

last edited at Mar 3, 2021 3:57AM

joined Jul 8, 2019

useless lesbian superhero

joined Jul 8, 2019

Who the guy end up with?

Considering she apparently fired that arrow at random, could be anything XD

https://www.oglaf.com/alsoelves/

joined Jul 8, 2019

not het

joined Jul 8, 2019

LOL this was agressively wholesome

agressively wholesome must be a thing

joined Jul 8, 2019

Puedo confirmar que su español es de hecho mejor de lo que se suele encontrar en manga...
I can confim, her Spanish is actually better than what's usually found in manga...

erana
Vocabulary discussion 23 Jan 04:34
joined Jul 8, 2019

Be wary of what you ask for, as you might actually get it: the oneshot

joined Jul 8, 2019

Making her a child - why?

(from lots of people)
She just developed androids able to be basically full (even if synthetic) humans. She made an android able to grow up.

EDIT: That it also gave Itou Hachi the perfect, actually plot-relevant, excuse to put a SECOND loli in the story was likely just purely coincidental an not keikaku-related at all. Honest. ;-)

last edited at Jan 12, 2021 11:02AM

joined Jul 8, 2019

STORY! STORY!

erana
Best Half discussion 07 Jan 15:40
joined Jul 8, 2019

Quoting "Manly men doing manly things", this is pretty much exactly how it happened.

erana
Lit a Light discussion 06 Jan 05:54
joined Jul 8, 2019

I don't think Takahashi has been a hitwoman. The Miike goons refer to her as "figurehead" and "young lady", meaning that she was more of a yakuza princess, rather than a full-time killer like Matsui. This explains her combat skills, but seeing how she tried to quit her family's lifestyle by finding honest work, I do not think that her innocence was faked at any point.

You are most likely right in all points.

I just love scenes where the helpless bystander turns out not to be so helpless. It's a sadly, criminaly underused narrative device.

joined Jul 8, 2019

The relationship dynamic is a lot switchier

They are both switches -so much, SO much switches, that instead of a genre tag it needs an electrical safety tag.

joined Jul 8, 2019

M With A Sadistic Side , S With A Masochistic Side , Vulgar

First chapter has its ups and downs, but this is cute and has a lot of potential! Thank you, Aoi Ichigo!

more like and so... they were both bottoms and so... they were both tops, methinks

joined Jul 8, 2019

Don't care about naysayers - chapter 17 proves again that Hayate is a true heroic character. I'm unironically following this series for heroics instead of for yuri since several chapters ago.