joined May 1, 2019

...You know what to do, Koguma.

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

For once I was grateful it was just a Misunderstanding™

last edited at Jul 6, 2020 10:13PM

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Bruh really? I feel like it was just starting to get really good too. Damn.

Megumiaki
Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Man, I kept waiting for it to have a sad ending, but I'm so glad it didn't! The art is great, and while there were some confusing bits it was still really good.

Megumiaki
Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Guys I can't wait until these two become the absolute bestest of best friends.

last edited at Jul 4, 2020 12:07AM

Megumiaki
Image Comments 01 Jul 04:01
Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019
Ebubbk6xkaauntv-orig

Nozomi in FEH when

Megumiaki
Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

The Neighboring Town™

Megumiaki
Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

That dialogue felt very stilted, like it was translated via Google. I had such a hard time attempting to understand the dialogue I still didn't fully get the flashback...
Still, good to see more Aoko

Yeah, it felt like a Google Translation with how literally it was translated. Either that or the translator must not have been a native English speaker, because so much of the sentence structure used here doesn't make any sense in English.

Still, it's probably better than nothing, and I at least appreciate that someone took the time to produce a translation and typeset everything.

last edited at Jun 26, 2020 9:20PM

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Hotaru is way too cute with the way she's always smiling

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Oh so they're BOTH fucked in the head, okay

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Man, what a chapter. Akira definitely seems like the one most likely to disrupt the delicate balance required for a polyamory because of her jealousy, but I'm hopeful that it will lead to her growing as a character and coming to love both Rin and Mayuki eventually.

Also that kiss scene was...phew...

Megumiaki
Citrus + discussion 23 Jun 04:05
Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

No, why am I crying!?

Megumiaki
Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Yes! It's here!! I just finished part one of the web novel, and I'm starting on part two. It's one of the best things I've read.

Megumiaki
Image Comments 17 Jun 03:23
Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019
76995972_p0

This series is literally one of the best things I've read (though the translation of the first part is pretty clunky, presumably due to the amazing release pace of one chapter a day). The world building, the characters, the story, the way it deals with and intelligently discusses real LGBT issues; everything is so interesting and engaging. I'm so looking forward to the manga, and I'm crossing my fingers for an eventual anime!

last edited at Jun 17, 2020 3:27AM

Megumiaki
Ayumu x Yu discussion 17 Jun 03:15
Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

I'm unaware of any official translations of the reasoning behind the names. I think that's just a fan mockup.

Yeah I'm pretty sure you're right. I didn't look closely enough apparently. Still, it really bothers me when double u's are dropped from Japanese words and names in romanizations, since unlike with double o's or e's, there's no danger of confusing the pronunciation in English or any other language (as far as I'm aware). One u is pronounced the same as two u's, so there's no reason to alter the original spelling by removing one entirely. In fact, it actually makes no sense at all for them to drop this u but keep the one in You's name, which does create potential confusion. Why not just spell it "Yo" or "Yoh"? Anyway, it's not really a big deal, just something that rubs me the wrong way sometimes.

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

I mean, to be fair, you have to be pretty fucked in the head to be this much of a manipulative, cheating piece of shit, so that explains the "mental illness" part.

last edited at Jun 14, 2020 4:17AM

Megumiaki
Slow Start discussion 14 Jun 04:01
Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

It took 92 chapters for the initial premise to finally be resolved. Oh well, at least now the manga can move on to bigger and better things?

Megumiaki
Lily Marble discussion 12 Jun 21:49
Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

BRUH

Megumiaki
Image Comments 12 Jun 21:44
Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019
Tales

Finally finished this game the other day (the definitive edition), and I screenshotted/video captured every ounce of Ristelle subtext I could find.

Megumiaki
Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Yeah I'm convinced that school nurses are a myth. Either that or they're all very supportive of teenagers exploring their sexuality and kindly step out of the room whenever they detect two horny students approaching.

Megumiaki
Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

"What's That!"

Is that her catchphrase? What's that translated from?

My guess would be 何それ (nani sore), literally "what's that?". It's a very common exclamation that's closer to something like "what's up with that?" or "what the heck?" in English.

Megumiaki
My Idol. discussion 05 Jun 02:03
Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Okay yeah, both of those facebook posts are completely false. In fact, there are several different words for love and ways of expressing love in Japanese.

Megumiaki
Ayumu x Yu discussion 30 May 23:10
Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Huh. Those are both official sources, so we might just have to wait for more official material to come out before we can know what the actual official romanization is. As much as it annoys me, the official romanizations of Love Live names pretty much always drop extended vowels though (with the sole exceptions of Matsuura Kanan and Watanabe You), so I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be Yu.

last edited at May 30, 2020 11:17PM

Megumiaki
Matomelcium discussion 23 May 20:53
Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

What a masterpiece. I have no words.

Megumiaki
Image Comments 23 May 04:06
Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019
Eyug8eeueair9ui-orig

I don't watch this show, but I'm STILL hyped that they're canon. It's because I can imagine what it must be like to have a major lesbian ship that's been built up for 5 seasons be actually confirmed. I honestly don't think something quite like this has ever happened before in animated television, be it Western or anime (though I'd love to know if there are any other similar cases I don't know of).

last edited at May 23, 2020 4:07AM