Forum › Posts by Kazu-kun

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Quick question. Does Hino-san no Baka translate to "Hino-san's Idiot" OR "Hino-san you jerk"?

"Hino-san you jerk."

"no baka" is a common expression. In this particular case the "no" functions a little different than usual.

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

It wasn't a happy ending at all. Her friend just didn't hate her, but they aren't getting together or anything.

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

The name kanji are different but just pronounced the same. Towa is Toma's assistant and yes, they are a couple. A friend of mine confirmed this when she talked to both of them.

Bless.

It's the other way around though. Towa is a professional mangaka. She's the author of Girls-High, for example. Tomo is primarily a doujin author and served as Towa's assistant. As far as I know Tomo hasn't published any actual manga, only doujinshi.

BTW, this doujin has continuation. There's like 4 chapters so far. I hope Yuri-ism keeps translating them.

last edited at Jan 17, 2019 7:45PM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

The ending is pretty unsatisfying. I'd say it was a waste of time overall.

how come? Het ending?

Akari and Yuki hooked up.

No they didn't. They just had sex once to comfort each other. Yuki actually thinks about the guy while they had sex. Her heart is never with Akari. Then they part ways and seven years later they meet each other again. They don't get together. Yuki didn't have feelings for Akari before they parted ways and there's no indication that would ever change.

Kazu-kun
Happy Nest discussion 25 Jul 23:36
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

it would've been better if the playgirl was the one who fell head over heels instead

That would have been my preference. It almost comes across as her doing it just to make a point.

Wasn't that it though? It was the playgirl who pulled the strings to start a relationship and even asked to go out "already". It felt mean-spirited because of the large gap in experience between them, but the playgirl seems to accept monogamy

I don't think so. Her character description makes it clear she's noncommittal. This was just a game for her.

Kazu-kun
Killing Me! discussion 11 Jun 20:04
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

New vampire hunter with no qualms about killing.

She'll end up protecting Miyoko.

Called it.

And so her harem begins..it's a vicious cycle of hunters chasing after her and then eventually falling for her.

It's actually more likely this new hunter chick has a thing for Saki. That bit at the end when she tells Saki she will turn her back to how she used to be kinda gives it away. She wants her competent-hunter Saki-senpai back.

last edited at Jun 11, 2018 8:13PM

Kazu-kun
Killing Me! discussion 04 Jun 19:22
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

And it was so cute too. It's a shame it went to shit like this. Well, at least it happened only 3 chapters in so I don't have to waste my time on it only to find out it was shit later on.

last edited at Jun 4, 2018 7:22PM

Kazu-kun
Killing Me! discussion 04 Jun 08:23
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Shit chapter. Dropped.

I liked it better when I was taking a look at the Chinese scans and couldn't understand anything.

last edited at Jun 4, 2018 8:25AM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

how come? Het ending?

Akari (the main character) comes to terms with her feelings for Yuki and breaks up with the dude (she had been dating him for 3/4 of the manga and almost had sex with him and all). Then Yuki tries to fuck the dude but he rejects her (because he thought of Akari when he was about to put it in). Then Akari finds Yuki and comforts her with sex (Yuki thinks about the dude while they're doing it though).

After that, Yuki finally gets over the guy and becomes friends with Akari again. Akari's feelings for Yuki are still unrequited though. After graduation Yuki travels to England. Finally, Akari and Yuki meet again 7 years later. And that's it. It's not like they end up together. Actually, before Yuki went to England Akari's feelings were unrequited and the manga doesn't give you any reason to believe this would ever change.

Wait, why the heck would Akari even date the dude? Didn't she see him as her love rival?

Well, Yuki just broke her heart in chapter 8 and the guy will show up next chapter to comfort her. After that they get closer. Yuki notices this and asks them to pretend they're dating so she can take pictures (for her admission to an art college or something like that) but soon after they start dating for real and Yuki gets really butthurt.

last edited at Mar 1, 2018 1:50AM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

how come? Het ending?

Akari (the main character) comes to terms with her feelings for Yuki and breaks up with the dude (she had been dating him for 3/4 of the manga and almost had sex with him and all). Then Yuki tries to fuck the dude but he rejects her (because he thought of Akari when he was about to put it in). Then Akari finds Yuki and comforts her with sex (Yuki thinks about the dude while they're doing it though).

After that, Yuki finally gets over the guy and becomes friends with Akari again. Akari's feelings for Yuki are still unrequited though. After graduation Yuki travels to England. Finally, Akari and Yuki meet again 7 years later. And that's it. It's not like they end up together. Actually, before Yuki went to England Akari's feelings were unrequited and the manga doesn't give you any reason to believe this would ever change.

last edited at Mar 1, 2018 12:48AM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I just went over the raw. I'd say about 3/4 of the manga is het rather than yuri. Mind you, I wouldn't mind it all that much if it had a decent pay off at the end, but it doesn't. The ending is pretty unsatisfying. I'd say it was a waste of time overall.

last edited at Feb 28, 2018 7:33PM by Nezchan

Kazu-kun
Scandal discussion 06 Mar 21:41
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I'm not saying everything is her fault. But the points you bring up are problems with Misaki's career - it's her responsibility to address them.

There are no problems with her job. That's just how her career works. If Nagisa can't deal with it, that's her problem. And it's not like Misaki didn't make compromises for her sake.

Whatever the context of the relationship, people have feelings. In order to have a successful relationship, you have to be able to address irrational emotions in a constructive way. That doesn't mean you have to DO something, generally talking through things and reassuring someone is effective. Misaki is incapable of doing this - she starts yelling crazily a few minutes in to a discussion.

No, she starts by calmly explaining that her friendship with Ayane is part of her job and she can't do anything about it. That should have been the end of it but Nagisa wasn't satisfied with that and started a rant about not trusting her and whatnot, unnecessarily pushing Misaki into a corner. Misaki had already explained the situation. That's all she could do for Nagisa.

Besides, why does Misaki have to deal with Nagisa's shit when she's the one putting the most effort into the relationship. She's the idol who breaks the rules to be together. She's the one taking her girlfriend on dates despite being a huge risk for her career. She's doing all that and Nagisa comes out with this shit? Come on.

And again, it's not like she blew off on Nagisa from the start. She explained her situation properly first. She only got mad when Nagisa insisted on not trusting her.

Misaki's hubris was what allowed Ayane to end her career

The scene with Misaki giving her phone to Ayane happens before her argument with Nagisa. There was no hubris in this scene. It's just a dumb mistake.

It would be hubris if this happened after her argument with Nagisa and she gave Ayane her phone to prove a point or something like that. That's not the case.

As to the phone, most people assume that when they send a message to someone's cell, that person is the only one who will see this.

Misaki was at work. Some co-worker could have looked at her phone's screen by chance that was it. That would have been the end of her career, literally. I have to assume that Nagisa knows that, so what the hell is she doing? Misaki's an idiot too, but in Misaki's case it's just her being dumb. There's no deeper reason. In Nagisa's case, her jealousy is to blame. She sent the picture because she was jealous.

last edited at Mar 7, 2017 4:27AM

Kazu-kun
Scandal discussion 06 Mar 21:08
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Misaki's reaction to Nagisa airing her concerns is absurd. She hears "I'm anxious about your relationship with your coworker" and her response is "You want me to quit my job!?" This is a terrible way to deal with relationship problems, revealing almost paranoid levels of self-obsession.

You're missing the point I explained before. Ayane isn't just a co-worker. Misaki's friendship with her is part of her idol image. The story shows that properly when Misaki says most of the pictures on her official idol blog are of them together. So she literally can't do anything about Nagisa's concerns, short of quitting being an idol. And that's exactly why she asks Nagisa if that's what she wants her to do. It's not unreasonable or illogical, nor is Misaki paranoid. Nagisa is dating an idol, so she should be fully aware of what that means. An idol is a product based on creating an image/character to appeal to the fans. In Misaki's case, part of that character is her relationship with Ayane. They're literally a package deal to their fans, literally. If Misaki were to put some distance between them, her job would suffer. It's a no go, unless she quits. And Nagisa should be aware of that. Otherwise she has no business trying to date an idol.

That's on top of Misaki's clear failure to think about her privacy.

And Nagisa too. She sent the picture to begin with. Only in Misaki's case is just a dumb mistake. In Nagisai's case, it's irresponsibility born from jealousy.

Nagisa's jealousy plays a role, but it's not the fundamental cause of Misaki's vulnerability to Ayane's manipulations.

I disagree. Nagisa's the root of the problem for not fully understanding what it means to date an idol. It's not at all like dating a regular girl. Nagisa clearly wasn't ready for something like that. On the other hand, I can't fault Misaki because she made compromises. As I explained before, an idol is not allowed to have a relationship, yet Misaki doesn't just date Nagisa. She even takes her on actual dates. I know that people who aren't familiarized with the idol thing don't really get how huge this is. But it's huge. Misaki really cared about their relationship and put a ton of effort into it. Nagisa on the other hand rewarded that effort with mistrust. Nagisa is the architect of her own undoing. She lost the chance to explain herself because she wasn't willing to trust her girlfriend when it mattered.

last edited at Mar 6, 2017 9:30PM

Kazu-kun
Scandal discussion 06 Mar 19:15
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

where a "good" character is brought low by fate and by their own single flaw. For Misaki, her pride is the main issue, which causes her fight with Nagisa, her misplaced trust in Ayane, and ultimately the end of her career.

Her one mistake is to leave her phone with Ayane, but I don't see her "pride" being an issue at all. That's not what causes her fight with Nagisa. The reason is that Nagisa pushed her into a corner.

You have to consider the following. Idols can't be in a relationship. It's the golden rule for idols. Nagisa is very lucky that Misaki is not only willing to break that rule to be with her, but also makes a greater effort and even takes Nagisa on dates, despite being a huge risk for her career. Misaki is doing her part here. She's making compromises for the sake of their relationship.

How does Nagisa response to that? Showing distrust. Misaki is already making a huge effort to keep their relationship going and show her affection for Nagisa, and instead of a getting at least a bit of support in return, all she gets is distrust. That's no fair no matter how you look at it.

Also, let's not forget Nagisa sent a picture of them kissing to Misaki while the latter was at work. That was something really stupid and irresponsible. It's like Nagisa doesn't really understand that Misaki is an idol and if someone saw that picture it would be huge issues for Misaki.

It's not that Nagisa is a bad person or anything though. She just was the worst kind of girlfriend an idol could have. That relationship could have never worked, even without Ayane's interventions.

last edited at Mar 6, 2017 7:31PM

Kazu-kun
Scandal discussion 06 Mar 15:06
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Ayane's the unambiguous bad guy so there's nothing to argue about there.

last edited at Mar 6, 2017 3:06PM

Kazu-kun
Scandal discussion 06 Mar 10:31
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Yes, that's the professional face they have to present. That doesn't mean they have to be as close in private life as they portray for the fans, though. I mean, isn't she supposed to be "friends" with the other girls in the group? Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but seems to me like normally their behind-the-scenes relationship is more professional.
Nagisa sees the public stuff and doesn't mind. However, when Misaki herself sends a picture of her and Ayane being close, that is when it gets a bit much.

The pictures Misaki sent to Nagisa are the same pictures she posted on her official idol blog. So it's not like she's showing off a private relationship or anything. Nagisa sees the same thing Misaki's fans see. Nothing more.

All she needed was a reaffirmation of their love. It was a cry for attention.

She was already getting lots of attention. Heck, she was going on actual dates with Misaki (remember there was a picture of them in a magazine article!!), which means Misaki was already putting her idol career at risk for the sake of their relationship. I mean, you do know that idols can't be in a relationship, right? And yet, Nagisa still has the gall to be mistrustful.

Sorry, but I can't sympathize with Nagisa. It's not like she's a bad person or anything, but she has no business dating an idol with that attitude. Being an idol is a supper demanding job with all sort of unreasonable rules, and if Nagisa can't show some support and trust, she might as well look for another girlfriend.

last edited at Mar 6, 2017 10:35AM

Kazu-kun
Scandal discussion 06 Mar 08:34
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

This is all no doubt true. But what is also true is that among show-biz people, that good-looking hot co-star who is all over one's girlfriend (oh, but it's just for work, don't be paranoid) often does actually steal them. It's practically a real-life cliche it happens so much; there was a time when Angelina Jolie barely went a movie without breaking someone up. And indeed, in this case said co-star had been planning all along to do so. So really, how trusting should Nagisa have been?

Misaki and Ayane aren't co-stars. They aren't actresses. They're an idol unit. Why does that matter? Because unlike actresses, for idols even their friendships are part of their job. The job of an idol isn't just to perform on stage, it's to create a "character" to appeal to the fans. The idol has to show that "character" all the time. They are meant to represent a fantasy for the fans, after all.

So Misaki can't realistically stops being close to Ayane. Her relationship with Ayane is part of the idol package they're selling to the fans.

Nagisa should have known what she was getting into from the get go. The Japanese are much more aware of what it means to be an idol than we are.

And she didn't necessarily need Misaki to change her behaviour. Just, acknowledge that this is something that can be hard on a person--a bit of understanding.

I don't think all Nagisa wanted was understanding. I think she wanted a solution, and that's the problem because there was no solution, short of Misaki quitting her job.

Kazu-kun
Scandal discussion 06 Mar 08:22
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I mean, it is healthy to be honest about your relationship.

Sure, but if you're complaining about something that doesn't have any actual solution because it's part of your parterner's job/career, the whole thing is kinda pointless. If you're gonna date an idol or an actress you gotta know what you're getting into before you even try. I honestly think Nagisa shouldn't have started dating an idol. She clearly wasn't ready for something like that.

Kazu-kun
Scandal discussion 05 Mar 20:41
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

i disagree. Nagisa did have some mistrust, but she moved to resolve it, albeit poorly. She tried to address an issue. I found it preferable to letting it fester. The mistrust is arguably reasonable as well. I'm sure most people would feel some kind of unease if their significant other spends a lot of time with another person who happens to be very hands on.

I think Misaki's situation is getting "lost in translation" so to speak. Being an AKB48 fan, I think I can understand where she's coming from. Misaki's close friendship with Ayane is part of her "character," the way she presents herself to her fans. It's like the friendship between Mayuyu and Yukirin from AKB, to name an example you can google. Can you imagine what would happen if Mayuyu suddenly stopped being close with Yukirin? It would definitely have a negative impact on her career as an idol, since that friendship is part of her "character." Likewise, Misaki can't really stop being close to Ayane. The only possible solution would be to quit, which is why Misaki says Nagisa basically wanted her to quit being an idol.

This situation is similar to date an actress and complain she has to kiss other people on camera. That's part of her job, and she can't possible refuse any roles that include kissing if she hopes to have a successful career. As her parter, you have to suck it up. Or you shouldn't have gotten together with an actress to begin with.

Likewise, if you're gonna date an idol, you gotta know what you're getting into. Otherwise it's best if you don't even try. Heck, idols can't even date openly, so you wouldn't be able to go on dates or even walk around. Dating an idol is not easy, and Nagisa clearly wasn't ready for it.

last edited at Mar 5, 2017 8:43PM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

it's interesting to hear that nodoka's position is supposedly filled with the weaker players.

Nah, Shizuku has no idea what she's talking about. Good teams don't follow any typical positions. For example, the vanguard position is called the ace and lots of teams put their best player there (Shiraitodai, Senriyama, etc), but there are many teams in the nationals who put their best player in the captain position instead (Kyosumi, Achiga, etc). There are also teams who put their two best players as captain and vice captain (like Ryuumonbuchi). And Eisui had Usuzumi as vice captain, and she's far from being the weakest in her team.

Basically, actual good teams will use a positioning that is specifically tailored to them.

last edited at Jun 28, 2016 4:26PM

Kazu-kun
Fragtime discussion 25 Oct 20:03
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

ok guys dont be overjoyed with this, i read someone saying that the ending is pretty bad

Why would anyone be overjoyed if the ending was pretty bad?

Anyway, I already read the ending and it's pretty satisfying imo.

last edited at Oct 25, 2014 8:04PM