Forum › Posts by rederoin

rederoin
Anime season 31 Oct 16:12
--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

I dont think KyoAni is going to make any big changes, so its probably safe.

KyoAni regularly makes massive changes to whatever they're adapting. Maid Dragon is far enough into their comfort zone that it's probably not going to be butchered, but I'll be very surprised if it's a straight adaptation

Mostly to series they actually own, so I think this one will be safe.

rederoin
Anime season 30 Oct 09:52
joined Jan 1, 2014

Knowing that Kyoani is making it.

Well, RIP any high odds of me watching this. Might give it a go if I am that bored and wanted to watch something.

I hate KyoAni almost as much as Digibro hates A-1 Pictures.

I dont think KyoAni is going to make any big changes, so its probably safe.

rederoin
Anime season 27 Oct 20:39
joined Jan 1, 2014

No way around it now Cocona and Papika are married.

rederoin
Anime season 21 Sep 18:29
joined Jan 1, 2014

Studio does matter most of the time, its probably Kirara/houbansha(spelling?) who gets the call.

I can't say for sure, but I believe most second season are made because the show gave profit to the studio.

In general the publisher is the most important part for these sort of things, but the idea I've been seeing around lately that the studio doesn't matter at all is pretty obviously wrong. I wouldn't really expect a New Game sequel regardless, though

Does this means what I think it means?

Interesting. That scene had a girl that looked like a RinPana lovechild, too

Depends on whether the studio is the sub-contractor or not, I think.
Not that I know how to figure that out.

rederoin
Anime season 17 Sep 21:02
joined Jan 1, 2014

Does anyone know how well New Game!'s anime is doing in Japan? I want to know if we'll get a sequel with the next volumes' stuff. :P

It's doing okay. Not great, but not bad.
But that doesn't matter. Studio is Doga Kobo. They didn't make one proper sequel since 2012, even when their shows sold well. So there's almost no chances, anyway, sadly.

?
Studio does matter most of the time, its probably Kirara/houbansha(spelling?) who gets the call.

rederoin
Anime season 07 Sep 15:38
joined Jan 1, 2014

Such a shame my favourite pairing of the season, Maihime x Hotarun, is also one of the worst animated shows of the year(Qualidia).

;_;

rederoin
Anime season 04 Sep 11:32
joined Jan 1, 2014

Next season in yuri (subtext):

Brave Witches: Like Strike Witches, but brave. Seriously though, it's following different characters but has the same staff

Flip Flappers: Heavy Trigger inspiration aside, it's a magical girl series about a pair of close friends. And it looks like there might be some sort of fusion aspect to the transformation? They switch hair colours, at least

Girlish Number: Maybe. It's about female idols but there is a notable male presence and the writer is best known for Oregairu

Idol Memories: Seems to be aimed directly at older Aikatsu fans, who tend to be into yuri. And it doesn't have much of a male presence

Long Riders: Seems to be a CGDCT anime with more bicycles. Be pretty surprised if the lead didn't get subtext with her childhood friend

Lostorage incited WIXOSS: More WIXOSS, focusing on a pair of girls this time. On the other hand, the PV makes it look like there's significant male presence. Staff is pretty different from the earlier series

Magical Girl Raising Project: Maybe? Don't really know much about it. No male presence to speak of, though

Shuumatsu no Izetta: This one is partially selling itself on being yuri-ish. And, hey, variety

Soushin Shoujo Matoi: Magical girl, childhood friends, etc. And the director seems to like yuri

[b]**Stella No Mahou**[/b]: Season's requisite CGDCT series. Has the director of Non Non Biyori, so it might be worth watching even if it turns out low on yuri

Vivid Strike: It's a Nanoha series... which have never been anywhere near as gay as the fandom would have you think. Not sure if it's going to be any good, either; the PV was worryingly low-budget and the director is a poor choice (great at comedy but poor outside of it, and this looks fairly dark)

SB69 and Eupho sequels this season, too, and we should be getting more Regalia around the time the season starts. Also, Gundam (not yuri, just awesome)

Being published in Kirara is also a big plus, with no male presence you can almost always expect yuri undertones in those manga.

rederoin
Terumina discussion 21 Aug 20:44
joined Jan 1, 2014

I bet if you printed this manga out, burned it, and snorted the ashes, something's good would happen to you.

Where do I buy it?

rederoin
joined Jan 1, 2014

This author really makes yaoi? the girls look really girly and everything is so fluffy you would expect that he or she is very experienced making moe girls

Lots of traps, so she/he(?) has plenty of experience with it, from what I've seen.
...Although its mostly H stuff.