Forum › Posts by elevown

elevown
15Y+ discussion 03 Feb 20:00
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I'm not really into the art style - it's old style but not the sort of old style i can still like - and don't really like the story set up either tbh. Also - I guess the translator doesn't have English as their first language? There are a lot of errors in tense etc.

Also - i got to say I really have a hard time with the ridiculous nicknames in Korean manga - I assume it's Korean?
Lilly love is good enough to do your best to ignore them but not here.

That said - thanks for the upload still - I guess it's just not for me.

last edited at Feb 3, 2016 8:01PM

elevown
Play Star discussion 01 Feb 04:46
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

This seems to be a follow on to something - with multiple volumes - anyone know what?

Also - I noticed on page 9 - the furthest 2 inch to the right on the page don't go to the next page for some reason - has that always been the case on big images? Can't say I've noticed it before.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

The worst part about hayfever is the eyes if you get it bad - and stupidly can't help rubbing.

elevown
Image Comments 04 Jan 21:21
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
52325650_p0

Never seen these 2 before

elevown
Image Comments 03 Jan 03:48
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
52339193_p0

^ It kinda does yes, but It dosn't include things that are 'dead' - i.e zombies, ghosts, spirits etc I think - at least i've never heard ghosts or spirits etc called youkai before- but other sorts of non natural living creatures of japanese mythology - or like vampires, imported from western culture but changed.

Weird uma type animals or fantasy creatures like a dragon probably wouldn't fall under youkai either normally, though its kinda hard to say why lol.

last edited at Jan 3, 2016 3:59AM

elevown
Image Comments 02 Jan 20:48
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Happynewyear

^ Lol - No-Rae wouldn't say that - but i'm sure she will find out before long anyways!

elevown
Image Comments 02 Jan 17:12
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Happynewyear

Seol-A doesn't really seem to mind does she ?

p.s Is that newkie brown she's drinking?

last edited at Jan 2, 2016 5:22PM

elevown
Image Comments 01 Jan 10:06
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
48462437_p0

Is this REALLY going to motivate Yuna to do better on her tests?

elevown
Image Comments 01 Jan 09:44
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Pinupvol3

Hook Ploy up with ice and get her out of the way.

elevown
Image Comments 01 Jan 09:39
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
52339193_p0

^Nez - Are Vampires considered undead in Japanese mythos ? They count as a type of youkai in touhou right? That sounds more like they are a race that are alive rather than undead- and at least some are born vampires rather than having been bitten - though I dunno if Remi & Flan were once humans in cannon but I'd assumed not.

elevown
Image Comments 01 Jan 09:29
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
[adon%20no%20aniki]%2001

LOL :)

elevown
Image Comments 24 Dec 21:09
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
54207220_p0

But with which one? I thought they'd never revealed who her gf was?

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Many thanks :)

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I have a one shot yuri - called either fuyunoshi or maybe winter poem?

Comes from pixiv and wings of yuri translated it - (its at least a few years old) - about a girl who has a high body temp and everyone always hugs her a lot in winter - but only her best friend still does in summer.

Was wondering if it's on the reader - I don't see it but then I'm not sure I have the name right.

last edited at Dec 22, 2015 8:12PM

elevown
Image Comments 22 Dec 16:23
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
53813887_tomato

You know that marmite advert where the guy kisses a girl after she's had some? That would be me if I were Nico here.
I can't think of much worse than tomatoes lol. Maybe sprouts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFLHialhZ8c

last edited at Dec 22, 2015 4:24PM

elevown
Hime Kobito discussion 21 Dec 11:02
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I'm sure I read this somewhere years ago - though I thought the name was something else.

Nice story though.

last edited at Dec 21, 2015 11:13AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I'm usually weary when I see the word "loli" but overall it was really cute. Could do without the collar but I'm not gonna complain.

I don't see the collar as bad in any way because it's not like - she's a slave / property thing - but a cute, cat accessory thing.

Really liked it :) It was a bit more explicit than the others but those images weren't actually part of the story - they were all pieces of art interspersed through the work - and like the cover may or may not be cannon with the story. (A bit of service).

I love the flattened back style of cat ears she has - so cute :)

last edited at Dec 20, 2015 11:25PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I think you overvalue your own opinion a little.

Pretty sure one's own opinion is the ONLY criteria that matters when rating what one found enjoyable.

Thank you! Glad not everybody took offense to my opinion lol.

I didn't take any offense at your opinions either just thought you missed some major yuri anime out.

I'd still say SK (the anime) is a lot more yuri than Inugami. Lets face it by the end of ep1 we know - for a fact - that Kazama is an out lesbian - she is always going on about cute girls and wanting to get a girlfriend etc - and everyone in school etc knows it - and that Sumika is also in love with Kazama. We even see a kiss between those other 2 girls who ARE a couple.

In Inugami it isn't 100 % clear ANYONE's like / infatuation with anyone else is actual real yuri - partly because its a comedy and everything always has to be a joke of some sort - so we never get anyone being serious - and there's no kissing - and nobody is a lesbian that we know of for sure. Half the stuff is over the top / and couched in joke terms relating to what animals they represent too. (Its been quite a while since I watched it so I might be remembering wrong).

But you are right that SK the anime is unsatisfying on its own as it covers like about 30% or less of the manga.

I too though would kill for a straight forward yuri romance story anime without tons of drama or any wierd sci-fi elements - like girlfriends or hanjuku josei.

last edited at Dec 20, 2015 5:17PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I was so worried this was gonna be super dramatic and I didn't want to go to sleep with something depressing on the mind so I just totally flipped over my reading order and it turns out it was literally the most happy go lucky thing Takemiya has ever made lol. I'M LOVING THIS PERIOD OF NO TAKEMIYA OVERDRAMATICNESS!
Would've preferred a more concrete ending to this one though EVEN THOUGH I STILL LOVE IT!

I generally agree in that I'm not a fan of Takemiya's angsty love triangle stuff - but I wouldn't call this his most happy go lucky work myself - all the perfume of love stories, the three part game, and other one shots like Adorable to Me, kila kila & rin rin are equally or more so - and they actually become couples in most of those.

That said I did like this one but it does seem to end in the middle with nothing resolved so i'll hope its a 2 shot.

last edited at Dec 20, 2015 11:42AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

"Is this the age of Yuri?!"

It sure is!

I wish...so far the best yuri anime ever released is Inugami To Nekoyama, a short episode series, and Sakura Trick, a series where girls kiss each other literally just to kiss each other...lol
ONE DAY THOUGH, I BELIEVE WE WILL HAVE A FANTASTIC YURI ANIME! A REAL ANIME TOO! No three minute long episodes! IT'LL HAVE A PLOT! AND ROMANCE! WON'T BE OVERDRAMATIC! IT'LL JUST BE GOOD! AND THAT DAY WILL BE BEAUTIFUL DAMMIT!
silently waits for the Girlfriends anime that will never come...

Surely Strawberry panic fills all those criteria - except its overly dramatic I guess? And Aoi hana and Sasameki Koto anime too have story progression and arn't 3 minutes long - ofcourse they are are only small parts of their stories since the manga were still ongoing but.. Or kashimashi? - They are all way more yuri then inugami was.

Also I don't think in Sakura Trick they were kissing just to kiss - like it could of been anyone - they just have't reached the realization they are IN love yet - though i'd say its clear they are - again because its from an ongoing manga it wasn't going to get a proper romance ending.

last edited at Dec 20, 2015 10:19AM

elevown
Image Comments 09 Dec 09:29
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Bvuhcgoccae7zjw.jpg%20large

Pero pero?

elevown
Image Comments 01 Dec 20:59
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
52013057_p03

Its kinda weird - though good. The story / dialogue is good - the art is really a nice style - but they REALLY don't seem to go together to me - it looks like a french noir setting but its yuru yuri comedy.. it kinda clashes to me.

elevown
Image Comments 23 Nov 08:15
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Aousagi08

I don't see how she could get in and close the lid bound like that - so who put her in there & why lol? I'd guess Yukari.

elevown
No,1 discussion 20 Nov 17:15
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I agree with the general love for this. Also as Maki said, it's super-unscientific! I think it's Nico's fault as usual. Bringing such mayhem into Maki's orderly world!

Its not scientific but it was fairly cut and dried - it was because Maki prayed and bought a charm at a shrine to find her true love - and the deity of the shrine obviously made it come true using this method to make Maki realise - so the one to blame would be Maki not Nico :)

elevown
No,1 discussion 20 Nov 05:11
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Is the next chapter all eli x nozomi? Either way I look forward to the rest :) Assuming it doesn't go all angsty.

I always did think what Maki really wants is to take up the piano. I think she would be brave enough to with nico.