Forum › Posts by elevown

elevown
Image Comments 23 Feb 05:59
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
61591190_p1

A dragon might not be able to make a human long lived - or maybe just Tooru dosn't know that kind of magic? It also might be possible for humans from her world to extend life - it is a fantasy world full of very powerful magic wielding humans after all.

But the dragons will still vastly outlive their human friends even if you extended their lives. But they could spend a very happy humans life worth of time together at least.

elevown
Rainbow discussion 21 Feb 05:29
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

its nice but how to remi and flan were under the sun?

Well, they're vampires, so their power gets weakened under sunlight. But it isn't like they needed it here, is it?

True - but flowing water is as bad for them (including rain).

But generally the scarlet sisters are shown to be fine outside with just a parasol - which doesn't block that much sun - and even without any protection being from fine to mildly crispy - but nothing that would really slow them down - I guess they are just such powerful vampires even their weaknesses can't keep them down in the short term.

Anyways - a nice touhou I just found :) Surprisingly not held back by lack of text.

last edited at Feb 21, 2017 5:30AM

elevown
Image Comments 21 Feb 02:55
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That isn't her mouth Nez she is eating a giant cookie! Not sure why Meling gets a flower in her mouth but Sakuya a cookie tho lol.

Edit - Noting the first comments date, I'm guessing now this was a valentines picture - so I guess the cookie was from Meiling?

The thing I like best is the SDM - I've never seen it look LESS ominous lol.

edit 2

On 2nd look maybe it is her mouth - in which case it is extremely weirdly drawn lol!

last edited at Feb 21, 2017 11:48AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I think the furthest back yuri in an anime I remember seeing was CCS - but ofcourse Tomoyo's feelings were always one-sided.

I bet If it had been made nowadays they would of done more with the yuri subtext or showing of her feelings etc.

And I agree with the earlier poster - there is far more yuri /subtext in anime and manga than there was 10-15 years ago. Most notably in anime - and it is also more normalized.

last edited at Feb 21, 2017 2:39AM

elevown
Anime season 16 Feb 18:18
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

elevown posted:

I wonder what Kana wanted to do to Saikawa - is it possible to lip read her? I guess kiss?

Nah, she just wanted to do her.

I was party basing my guess off the manga - 'Kiss' can fit as easily as 'do' under the scribbled out bit. Either is as likely - except don't you think Kana seems to be making kind of a 'kissy face' there in the manga?

elevown
Anime season 16 Feb 18:02
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I wonder what Kana wanted to do to Saikawa - is it possible to lip read her? I guess kiss?

And I loved that Saikawa said she wanted to marry Kana :)

p.s Kana's 'ame ame ame' rain dance near the end was one of the the cutest things I've ever seen :)

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That was cute :) I think it's the first time where I've seen the shoujo manga symbolic visual elements used like that as actual real things :) I've seen one panel gags where the character waves away the flowers or dream bubble etc but not like this!

last edited at Feb 16, 2017 5:41AM

elevown
Image Comments 15 Feb 02:05
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Tumblr_okxmaqzzm31vdlz0so1_r2_1280

I love this anime :) And these 2 are soo cute!

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I guess since it's part 'A' the story is only a 2 or 3 parter - they never use letters instead of numbers if it's over 3 parts - and usually only 2.

last edited at Mar 5, 2017 8:25PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Is the dark haired woman meant to be blind? I don't particularly think so but in every panel she has her eyes shut and the other characters are not drawn like that - for whatever reason?

If not, she is gonna have an accident if she keeps walking around with her eyes shut!

last edited at Feb 14, 2017 1:54PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

That was super duper cute :)

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I don't think you could get to 600 and not have kissed. Unless she spent it all asleep in a coffin or whatever? I think you'd have done just about everything since that's like 8-10 lifetimes worth.

last edited at Feb 13, 2017 7:25PM

elevown
Image Comments 10 Feb 10:29
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
61324082_p0

I don't think she looks much like a guy even in her business suite. And I think blopa was joking?

Anyways I totally love this anime :) fantastic characters and humor - made me go back and read the manga that hadn't really appealed till now.

elevown
Image Comments 08 Feb 06:22
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
Thebest

I love this pairing ever since the short movie - never thought there would be any more to it tho :)

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Is just me who bothered with servant choker?

You are looking at it all wrong - it isn't a servant collar - she is a cute cat girl - this is her cute cat collar - because she is a cat :) - it would be clearer if it had a bell - but it is a pretty red and gold :)

None of the other servants wear them - she wore it before moving to the mansion in cat girl school - the other cat girls seen there (in master and me) don't wear them so I am assuming it is her own.

I'm glad we get to see how this pair from oneeloli and master and me started out :)

last edited at Feb 5, 2017 8:34AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Personally I think it was a bad choice. It's really jarring to suddenly change things after 30 chapters like that and Himawari-san just sounds so much more generic than Miss Sunflower which is really distinctive and feels very fitting for the story.

Seconded. Hurts a surprising amount for a series I've been following for so long. Really hard to read each time they say her name because I'm thinking "Miss Sunflower" every single time. And the, like, emotional weight is completely gone in the new name. Almost the feel of a new character. Bad feelings in the stomach while reading, is what I'm getting at. Not sure if everyone else had quite the visceral reaction.

But, well, books and bookworms and the slice of life aspect made the story personal. I feel like we lost a little bit of Miss Sunflower :(

I'd proffer it stay as Miss sunflower but I have to respect the decision of those putting in the hard work. I raised it on kawii scans and was told it was partly down to 'Miss sunflower' seeming too formal - which I can't really say ever struck me before - and the fact that in upcoming vol 5 her name becomes a more important plot point - and maybe you'd have to raise 'Himawari-san' at that point because it wouldn't work as Miss sunflower for some reason?

One thing to keep in mind is Matsuri has actually been calling her Himawari-san all along - (in Japanese) which I knew - and normally you wouldn't translate a character name - i.e Cardcaptor cherry blossom.

Even still I proffer the uniqueness and sound of 'Miss sunflower' - and have known her as that for SO long - (like 7+ years?) it's hard to change at this point.

last edited at Mar 5, 2017 8:37PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Wasn't bad. And I know it's not the doujin's fault but I think a good first step for any IP should be - give your characters pronounceable names.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

It would be great if two elderly lesbians came into the bookstore and told Matsuri and Miss Sunflower about their long life and partnership together.

Yup it would :) That happens in Amber tea-house doesn't it - that what made you think of it?

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/chatting_at_the_amber_teahouse_ch05#7

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

boring megane cunt

What a bizarre thing to say.

Was gonna say - I can't imagine a character less deserving of vitriolic attack.

She also isn't boring at all. Boring = no character, back story, motivation, quirks, etc etc - and miss sunflower has plenty of all of those and more going for her as a character.

last edited at Jan 30, 2017 6:24PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I dunno about that comparison . . . or rather, maybe I agree but draw a contrasting conclusion. Amber Teahouse was mellow and relaxed and often comedic and pretty decidedly nonsexual, but underneath it all, it was solidly about the romance. "The confession" wasn't just something you could minus--the whole thing was always working towards the two of them being so solidly a couple that they had their lives planned together; if marriage had been an option, it would have been pencilled in for some time after the younger half got her pastrymaking certificate.

I do think this is like Amber Teahouse, by which I mean that although I'm enjoying the journey I am firmly expecting the destination--even if there's never a kiss, there will be commitment.

I agree - i was mostly comparing to amber tea house for the atmosphere and pace - and similar setups of 2 ladies who own a shop and the school girls who love them and - hopefully - comes to work there and spend their life together.

Though early on Amber is mostly about just the younger girls love drawing her there like Matsuri - it becomes clear by the middle of it that the tea lady loves her too - and then the rest is about there commitment to each other and the shop - whereas miss sunflower lacks that later aspect.

And I also expect the commitment - and will still hope for the kiss :)

Also - thanks for pointing out the cat thing lol - it made me smile - I am familiar with I am a cat for the same reason - I've heard it mention in at least 10 anime / manga - but this reference to it flew over my head.

last edited at Jan 30, 2017 6:27PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Miss Sunflower doesn't seem to be the type of person who understands love, so i guess that would be her way of showing her "love" for Matsuri and the best way to end this series without actually showing any explicit romantic displays of affection.

I think its a good way of simplifying it. But, what i'm trying to say is that Miss Sunflower's romantic feeling might be different than Matsuri's or anyone else and that we would get an ending where her love for Matsuri would be implied in a way that only Matsuri understands.

I agree with both of these- I really don't think she does have an understanding or 'feel' for love- though that doesn't mean she can't - just has no experience of it.

And I will be fairly happy if the series ended with Matsuri permanently embedded in the bookshop to stay with miss sunflower :) Because I can well imagine after the ending in a few years when Matsuri is older and wiser, she could end up winning miss sunflower over romantically too :)

Or maybe this story will have a time skip and show it?

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

All things considered the two of them getting together is really not what the manga is about so Shikata ga nai desu... But I agree, and feel bad for it

Is it really not about that? Obviously, its about her trying to become a different version of Miss Sunflower, but its also about her becoming more open about her feelings and how she deals with them. Yeah, we might not see them kiss or live happily together since Miss Sunflower's character is not like that at all, but we might see the realization that Matsuri is more important to her than she realizes and that she's the only one that makes her feel something different.

You are right it IS about miss sunflower opening up and rediscovering life after the original miss sunflowers death bought miss sunflowers life to a stand still. And it IS Matsuri who is the catalyst for it.

You are also right that miss sunflower seems to be coming aware of Matsuri's importance to her in her life. BUT- I never saw yet a hint it was in a romantic way from her side. But more of a get Matsuri to stay with her - work in the bookshop etc because she is really important to her way.

Maybe with that realization will come romantic feelings - I hope they do! Just the author hasn't shown us anything like that yet.

last edited at Jan 30, 2017 3:16PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I never was able to get into this series. It just goes on and on and nothing ever happens. People are waiting with baited breath for literally the most basic of developments.

But a lot of us are NOT waiting with baited breath for something to happen. That's not to say we wouldn't LOVE it if it did lol - but it is just a laid back manga about miss sunflower and a girl who is in love with her - but not specifically about a romance. It could become one, but I never got much of an impression it would.

It's like Amber tea house - and I expect a similar ending - minus the confession. But that doesn't make it bad - not every manga has to be a romance story - just enjoy it for the characters and setting and not expecting and getting impatient for anything in particular.

last edited at Jan 30, 2017 3:12PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Is there a new translator? It seems odd to switch to 'Himawari san' now after 30 chapters of 'miss sunflower'.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Is Yuzumori-san 10, or 11? At this point, every year counts. If she's 11, there's 5 more years until Mimika's in the clear, in Japan. That's a long time to wait. But it's not 6 years. That's even longer.

Also, if Yuzumori-san hasn't gone through puberty, it's a good question if her feelings for Mimika will survive that.

I assumed she was 12 so waiting 4 years is a lot better than 6. I assumed that because Mimika says 'but your not even 13 yet!' at one point - and I can't see why you'd say 13 if she wasn't even 12 too.

And unless I'm mistaken it never said her age in any chapter right? Just that she is in elementary school - and in Japan you can be 12 in your last year there.

edit ok per Tiran post below, she is shown to be either 9 or 10 in ch 2 - so I guess the wait will be long till she is legal.

But as to if her feelings will last till then, well they don't need to do absolutely nothing till then :) as long as it's Yuzu who calls the shots - she might be fine with kissing in relatively short order - and they could add more as she was ready for it, and just hold off the final step till she was 16 - I feel that would keep them both happy and stop them growing apart.

last edited at Jan 28, 2017 11:04PM